Friends Guesthouse International Youth Hostel Reviews

2 Wen Xian Lu, Dali, China

I wasn't overly keen on this place. In terms of security it felt like anyone could just walk into the hostel. Location was good as it is just outside the old city but there are large crowds outside that made me feel a bit uncomfortable when I returned late at night. I also paid for an ensuite dorm which was out of order for my entire stay with no explanation given by the staff. Although there were other facilities available to use it meant going outside to reach them which I didn't like at night

Cool little hostel, nice staff and amazing location. Some flaws though when I was there: - The wifi is not working properly, - The bathroom was decently clean but not that great, plus there was almost no hot water in the morning, - Breakfast is ok but a little expensive for what it is, - No atmosphere at all (but it was low season).

I did not enjoy my staying, the bathroom and toilets are rather poor, and the water is not hot enough. But the electronic blanket is appreciated.