Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

This hostel was really nice and the staff always helpful for places to see, things to do, getting around etc. especially the night staff and Martin! Close to everything and right outside of the train station.

In a shady part of the city, but a good location in relation to things you may want to go see. The building is also very secure. Nice big lockers for your stuff, and our 6 bed dorm was quite large. The bar closed really early on the Tuesday night we were there, they just shut off the lights while people were sitting in there, it was weird. The shelves on the beds are dusty, and there's no soap in the ensuites

Bed was comfortable, but the shower room was really small. Except the tiny shower room, I strongly recommend this hostel :)

• 18th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Close to the major bus/train station but in an area that is extremely sketchy at night and during the day will make you clutch your bag close to you for safe keeping. In the hostel was very clean and well kept. The common showers were great but the ones in the room were a small as an airplane bathroom. Ridiculous and awkward. Staff was nice enough. Atmosphere absolutely sucks. if you are a backpacker/traveller, do not stay here. You will not meet any other young people. Like a cheap hotel.

one of these big buildings where u can't really meet and speak to anybody... but the wifi was good and also it's really close to the main bus station. the 8 beds-room was too small with really tiny showers and toilets (like in an airplane) so, not a great place but good for 1 night if u have to take the travel bus early in the morning :)

Good hostel, quite similar to the others in the Generator chain. Clean, well staffed, with an okay bar. The place is extremely big though, 6 floors and a couple of hundred rooms, so it can be a little harder to make friends than at smaller places.

I'm one for having fun at work but the bar staff were always too busy play fighting to take an order. reception staff were usually emotionless and if any emotions did appear it was rudeness.

Really close to the central station, with its own nice cafe, small but functioning and clean bathrooms inside the rooms.I'm coming back for sure!

Great location, brilliant staff very friendly, great atmosphere, quality rooms, very well maintained.

Pros: Great facilities, very clean, very modern decor. The seating areas in the lobby and bar were awesome. Security guard was friendly. Cons: BAD BARTENDER. Ordered a happy hour drink and she had no idea what the happy hour deals were and refused to read the sign or give me the discount. Was a very uncomfortable experience. Also, no age limit for the dorm room, so we had an older guy in the room who was a bit grumpy and asleep by 8:00. I would give the hostel another chance. It was nice.

Althoug I already paid 10% of the entire amount beforehand (more than 60 euros, since I booked for 7 people) a the reception didn't consider my reservation number and the money I spent in advancem saying those were part of the hostelworld website's reservation fee... they didn't leave us a receipt when we paid, so I cannot even prove it. (worse than Italy, from this point of view :-P)

Very good. £37 for a night is kinda expensive for a 6-people dorm though.

Very small toilet with no soap. In the "morning" (10) the cleaning staff came into the room, and left without doing anything, but slamming the door. Great location, though.

one of the nicest hostels I've visited. the only bad thing is that the staff. as costumed in big hostels, the staff is very busy and not so friendly, but that doesn't really matter - everything else is really good

Overall great hostel. Close to the ZOB and trains ( across the street), showers were amazing! Downside is no kitchen. Would definetly stay here if I'm ever in hamburg again.

Since there is a hostel staff here, they should be more concerned/courteous towards the visitors and spend more time attending to them. Helps increase the quality of stay. The ensuite bathroom was so tiny that we ended up using the common bathrooms more often. Would not recommend a private room to anyone.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • India

Great place! It's better than lots of hotels I've been to. Has everything you need!

• 18th Apr 2014

If you look for noise and party this is the place for you. If you want to rest after an intense day you should not go to Generator Hamburg. I stayed there in the Easter Holiday and it was crowded, a lot of drunk "kids" inside the hostel, screaming and disrespecting women, with NO reaction of the staff. If you are a woman I do not recommend you to stay in a shared dorm. If you are a man, I wish you good luck with your room. Nice but expensive breakfast and good location.

A stones throw from bus station. Great ammenities!

It's more like a hotel than a hostel. No kitchen. The bathroom of my room (6-bed mixed) was really small.