Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

Had a fab stay here! Yes the showers are tiny but they are clean and work so really can't complain! I suggest trying to make friends in your room as it can be hard to find other people as so many people are in big groups!

The staff are helpful although they don't know the 'main' landmarks of their own city. The location of this hostel is the best, it is right opposite the main train and bus station. There was a school group staying there at the same time. Which meant a lot of kids in the bar area....

The madras in my bed had round corners. The toilet and shower was very small. The personal was great.

A man who did not seem as a guest entered to the hostel and I saw him roaming through the living room in a very suspicious way.. I ignored him but it was a mistake.. fortunatetly I got him while trying to steal some stuffs from my hand bag while I was distracted using my phone (he sitted next to me) when he saw he was caught he just standed up and left the hostel. This time the security of the hostel failed (this hostel has personal as security in the entrance)

One of the best Hostel we stay on our all Europe Tour, best price and location, we stay twice in a week, highly recommented

This is a very we'll maintained hostel. The atmosphere is excellent but you won't necessarily be kept up all night because of it! The hostel is excellently split off into social areas and rooms for sleeping. The location is excellent as you are walking distance to almost all the main attractions and are right across the street from the main train station. Would recommend this hostel highly!

This hostel was clean, bathroom small but who needs a big one. The bar is quite loud and at times the building was rather hot. The area can also be a little dodgy at night. Might be best suited to younger travellers who enjoy socialising In the bar.

Being a solo traveller I found it hard to interact. More like a hotel which is lovely if that's what you're looking for. Be prepared to pay for everything! Was clean and has great lockers, however no soap in the ladies bathroom on first floor for four days and the shower in the room is tiny! No kitchen and the cook 'wasn't in' on two of the days.

Good hostel. close to the station. nice interiors. would recommend!

Hostel is pretty average (was expecting a little bit more, judging from there homepage and pictures on hostelworld). Staff was average as well, didn´t have the impression that they were really trying to be helpful. Overall an okay place though.

Excellent location,spotlessly clean,better than average security ( they even have a security guard posted at the door).The dorms are very spacious and well-designed, except for one detail: the en suite bathrooms are extremely cramped.However, there are far more spacious bathrooms in the halls.This was my 3rd stay here and I will definitely return on my next visit to Hamburg.

Got put into a very dirty smelly room and when I asked to be moved they said nothing was available. My boyfriend then complained and we finally got put into another room, which was an all girls room. Pretty unorganized staff and we shouldn't of been put in an all girls room. Bar was ok, a lot of younger school groups too bit of a buzz kill

1 2 3 4 Next » last »