Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

Great location!

The location is great, next to the Hauptbahnhof, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and so on. Some footsteps from the Mönckebergstrasse through which you get to the Binnenalster, Rathaus and other interesting places. The lounges, bar etc. looks very nice and is a great place to chill out and have a chat with other guests. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds. There is enough space around the beds to put your stuff. Toilet and shower in the room a little bit small but ok.

• 10th Feb 2014

Small bathroom.toillet

This may be a hostel but it's better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in.

• 6th Feb 2014

well run, and very freindly

• 6th Feb 2014

Bathroom is too small, even I am a thin and short girl that I still felt the space is not enough.

I really enjoyed my stay at the generator. There are lockers under the bed that you can lock, so your stuff stays safe and by each bed is a plug for your charger and a USB connection and a light! I thought the ensuite bathroom was perfectly clean - I noticed other comments on here that said otherwise, but it was cleaned everyday. Yes if everyone has a shower in the morning and you are the last it's not going to be squeaky clean any more but that's what happens. The beds were really comfy too!

• 2nd Feb 2014

Very convenient place, next to the train station. Staff was alright. They have a big common room/bar, good for groups but I didn't find it was good to meet people. The big disappointment was the shower, way too small, even for a thin person... Also, got a fire alarm on the last night, might not be their fault though...

Clean and in a superb location across from the HBF, also the hostel has a bar and great areas with potential BUT unfortunately this is let down by the staff there! Certain male members of staff are just plain rude, I witnessed this a few times and also experienced it personally when I arrived for breakfast (I was told this was included in the price) and the staff looking after breakfast wouldn't serve me, claiming they couldn't speak English when I queried them why! Will not use Generator again!

• 24th Jan 2014