Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

The hostel was everything I have come to expect of Generator hostels - exceptionally clean, modern, in a great location and with great facilities. However, the girl at the front desk was extremely rude and ignored me for a good minute when I got to the desk. She did not say anything and her face was like thunder...it must have been a long day but a smile goes a long way!

Beware of the super tiny prefabricated bathroom/WC.

This was a really nice hostel , great value for money. My only issue is because it is so nice the bar and breakfast are kinda expensive

Great location, very close to the main train and bus stations as well as to the city center. Clean place, free wifi. Brekfast is charged apart. It would be nice if the staff gave more tips about the city and also about the hostel, for instance, there was a common bathroom in each floor besides ofthe bathroom inside the room, but we only found out when other travelers advised us. Totally recommend!

Staff can be a bit abrupt at times. Bathrooms and showers are more or less the size of an airplane toilet. Great location, right beside the hbf. Would probably stay again.

The Generator is located right at Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, it's really nice to stay somewhere central. The bathroom was tiny and the breakfast (additional 5,50€) was not worth the money, but the room was good, staff was really nice and helpful.

For a huge hostel, it wasn't so terrible, but it did remind me how much I hate huge hostels. I felt like I was nickeled and dimed for everything (6 Euro to BUY a towel is your only option). I had some issues with my room, and the staff did help me out and switch me, but they were never very friendly and did everything with a slight eye roll, so I was not impressed. The rooms were good quality, but after my arrival the room was never cleaned in the next 6 days and got pretty gross.

The rooms were just amazing :) The night auditor and the security were verry friendly and patient...( the taned Receptionist himself ^^) We really had a good time thx for all :)

• 15th Feb 2014

Huge hostel... Looks like as a hotel. Great location... Atmosphere and staff: poor. In addition I think that they need more security and more control about the guest. I'm sure that they have lot of outsiders using the installations of the hostel even sleeping in the rooms... Creepy!

Great location!

The location is great, next to the Hauptbahnhof, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and so on. Some footsteps from the Mönckebergstrasse through which you get to the Binnenalster, Rathaus and other interesting places. The lounges, bar etc. looks very nice and is a great place to chill out and have a chat with other guests. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds. There is enough space around the beds to put your stuff. Toilet and shower in the room a little bit small but ok.

• 10th Feb 2014

Small bathroom.toillet

This may be a hostel but it's better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in.

• 6th Feb 2014

well run, and very freindly

• 6th Feb 2014

Bathroom is too small, even I am a thin and short girl that I still felt the space is not enough.

I really enjoyed my stay at the generator. There are lockers under the bed that you can lock, so your stuff stays safe and by each bed is a plug for your charger and a USB connection and a light! I thought the ensuite bathroom was perfectly clean - I noticed other comments on here that said otherwise, but it was cleaned everyday. Yes if everyone has a shower in the morning and you are the last it's not going to be squeaky clean any more but that's what happens. The beds were really comfy too!

• 2nd Feb 2014