Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

Great location, everything in the hostel was great some of the staff seemed a bit disinterested but the rest were great. The bar is really cool but still quite expensive for food and drink but overall was a great hostel.

The common areas at this hostel are great, and the staff is relatively helpful, although not really frendly. We stayed at an 8 bed dorm and the facilities were ok, even if the rooms are small, but it was really dirty: it smelled awful (like they hadn't cleaned or ventilated in a few days; I've often stayed in dorms, but never in one that smelled like this one) and the bathroom was disgusting. However, they did clean it right away when we asked.

Fantastic location, easy to get to from the central station. Great lobbies and central areas, although rooms are quite cramped and prefabricated. Wifi is good.

It is ok for a nigth or two if your idea is visiting the city and just using the hostel for sleeping and having a shower. It has nothing pretty bad but nothing pretty good, either. The staff is really unkind. The location is really close to the center.

I used your ATM with a German EC Card (Maestro) from the Sparkasse, and it said NOWHERE that there would be a fee. I was shocked to see that they charged me 5 Euro ! There are plenty of ATMs around Hamburg where I could have withdrawn money for free, so this was particularly annoying. I would suggest: put up a SIGN that says that there's a fee - or get a new ATM contractor. Cheers, Kilian otherwise - fine Hostel!

I really liked the stay! The hostel is modern and comfortable:)

• 6th Apr 2014

Bathroom door lock was broken. Otherwise it was a good place to stay :)

• 27th Mar 2014

Very modern and enjoyable hostel at good location

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

close to the train station, and all facilities and rooms are new and modern. Staff were ok. Unfortunately it seems I stayed at a time when the place was full of German school students making it very hard to meet people my age. Also I ended up sharing a room with the loudest snorer I have ever heard who would fall a sleep at 3pm and snore until 6 am when he woke up turned on all the lights, open the curtains and made lots of noise. Not the hostels fault but made for an unpleasant experience

the place is really near the main train station. and it is quiet even it is so closed to the main streets. the only disappointing thing is the bathroom is very small.

The rooms are so small and the bathroom is similar to airplane's wc

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »