Glenbrittle Youth Hostel Reviews

Glenbrittle, Carbost, Isle of Skye, Isle of Skye, Scotland

This hostel is situated in Glenbrittle, which is a stunning place to be. The thing they don't mention is that the nearest pub for food is a 20 min drive away. They offer frozen meals but you have to ask for them the night before. The receptionist seemed distracted and there was no wifi.

We enjoyed a comfortable, relaxed stay. Hostel was spotless and staff friendly and helpful. Our trip was a nostalgic one as my partner, Mike was warden at this hostel for the summer of 1968. He was highly Impressed with the modern improvements!

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

I is very nicely located for walks to some nice waterfalls and fairy pools are at 15 minutes or so drive distance. I think they do not have any extra security for which I said excellent but the fact that people coming there are all similar minded, they do not touch anything that does not belong to themselves. I forgot my phone there for instance and at the end of the day when my friends went there, they could find it and ship it back to me. I love the location of this hostel!!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Nice and clean, though you can only get very hot water in the bathroom which makes it difficult to do simple things like washing your hands. You will also want a car as relying on public transport makes things difficult. The staff were lovely and very willing to help.

The location is fabulous. The facilities are first rate, very clean. Watch out for the midges.

Really well-organised, well-equipped hostel, fantastic location for walks in the area. Very knowledgeable staff with a friendly vibe all round!

I suppose wi fi wd b handy. The drying room was rubbish. Thin walls so sometimes noisy

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Female Group, 41+

A delightful location and experience. Very quiet area accessible only after travelling along a narrow road for miles, but it's worth it!! No TV, no phone signal, no internet, no landline (not spotted). Peace and quiet. These premises have been recently updated and were comfortable, clean and a pleasure to visit. Our host Maria was perfect, friendly and helpful Highly recommended!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Brilliant location for walks in the Cuillin hills and surrounding areas on the south west. Just a few miles from Carbost and a great little pub. Staff were super friendly and knowledgeable about local walks and hill climbs. Not easily accessible without a car but you can hitch a ride from Carbost just fine. Loved my stay here and will be back to explore some more!

View all Isle of Skye Hostels