Grand Hostal Playa Reviews

Avenida 20 Entre Calles 4 y 6, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Staff terrible at maintaining the hostel's silence rules, which was meant to be between 12am and 7am..... One large obnoxious group were yelling and being extremely loud until 3.30am, no staff told them off or kicked them out, no one in the hostel could sleep because all rooms are off the courtyard where this group was. The terms say that people who break hostel terms can have their booking terminated which did not happen. This rowdiness was tolerated two nights in a row. Horrible.

• 19th Feb 2015

I was put in a room with more beds than I'd booked for and there was barely 30cm between the bunks so barely any room for belongings. After staying in much nicer places for the same cost I wouldn't book again.

I really liked the place, everyone is very friendly and is very clean. recommended and would definitely return here

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very nice! We enjoyed one week. Everything very close, clean, friendly.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

I only booked 3 nights there, and when a friend offered me a place to stay elsewhere, I wanted to get a refund for 2 nights. The guy who ran everything there just told me he could let me stay the 2 nights, when I come back another time. This was all said verbally and most likely will never happen anyway. So once you pay them, its next to impossible to get any money back. Other than that, the people were friendly and it was a peaceful and comfortable experience.

• 16th Jan 2015

This hostel was superb. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the bathrooms were always clean, always someone to talk to but never too loud.

Pool looks clean. No one ever goes in. Ever. Hot water takes a long wait. Give you a towel but only one sheet. The big dorms are air conditioned at night.

The place is very pretty and all, but there was no hot water and it wasnt that hot out to get a cold shower. We did anyway but when we told the reception guy he just said "you should have asked before" no apology offered. We don't think that we need to ask for this when the hostel was fully booked, and I think he was a bit rude. The pool is very nice, but it was dirty, and the guy said the pump wasnt working. Other thabn those details, the garden was a nice place to relax and the beds are good.

Stayed 3 nights there and there was no hot water. The room is way too small for 16 beds. It is annoying always have to ask for more bread for breakfast, toilet tissues and etc. The breakfast was not reasonable considering the price charged per bed.

We got a dorm room 10 beds. They said we had A/C... but it wasnt working, so the room was soooo humid and smelly. Restroom was ok. I liked that it wad near the beach, walt-mart, ferry to cozumel and the main street (with all the stores, bars, club). The staff was sooo kind et helpful. Breakfast is only toast and jam but it better than nothing, so it was ok. In general, I appreciate my 3 nights at this hostel but I was really disappointed by the humidity of the room

• 25th Dec 2014

The staff is helpful and courteous. Security is great those who stayed were good friends with the staff and management, which felt like home. My only recommendation is to provide milk for coffee in the morning. , this is the place you come to sleep. Very quiet after lights out. The bathroom and facilities were spotless, cleaner than my own home. Convenient location, 3 blocks from 5th ave. far enough to be quiet but close enough to be convenient.Loved my stay here and will return for sure!

A lovely safe and calm hostel, although I did go out of season. The staff were wonderful and helpful. I would stay there again.

• 1st Nov 2014