Grand Hostal Playa Reviews

Avenida 20 Entre Calles 4 y 6, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Front desk staff was very friendly. I loved the location which was close to everything I needed. There were only 2 other women in my room so it was very nice. Kitchen facilities and toast & coffee in the mornings were also good. Bathroom was large.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and it isn't a Party hostel, which is nice, so you can actually sleep at night. The Bathrooms are a bit odd though, No toilet seats and a shower stall where you have to walk through one to get to the other...

This was the worst hostel experience I've ever had. The place had no soul, the rooms were too cramped, the beds and linen were horrendous and we hated it so much we left early, only to be told that we wouldn't be refunded ANY of our nights, despite letting them know more than 24 hours in advance.

The hostel is really Close to the beach and the City Center with bars etc. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The kitchen for cooking is really great and the garten with the pool also is awesome. The rooms and facilities are really clean (but a bit small) all in all its a great and recommendable hostel!

Very friendly staff, but internet was very slow and rarely able open a single page, showers were cold (you usually have 1 minute of hot water), rooms and last but not least there were no bicycle hire as advertised.

This is a very clean hostel. Well located. Although it can be loud depending on who is staying. Commune place heads towards most of rooms in the garden and acts like a speaker for noise. Like I said depending on which kind of travellers are there it goes from very good stay to average hostel stay. :) Anyways that being said I would definitely go back!!

The rooms smelled mouldy, The mattresses smelled so bad I didn't really want to sleep on it..

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Finland

i was put in a room where outside my window was a table where raucous neighborhood locals watched and yelled at football on tv.i told desk it was unacceptable and would be leaving next day.next day ,made me wait all afternoon to come back for refund,wouldnt run my visa back through machine for credit ,insistwed on cash to me,and charged me a card fee,a fee for whole day more for leaving early,and nothing for my terrible night.instead of giving me back 1340 ,would only give back 1000 something.i

• 22nd Dec 2013

This hostel is a two to five minute walk from everything important in town. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and the kitchen had good facilities. What I did not like is that the staff did little to enforce good behavior. The "common room" was right outside my dorm room and the crowd was usually loud until late into the evening. One night they kept everyone awake past 03:00. If you do stay here, try to get a room well away from the kitchen or on the second floor.

The hostel was really nice, clean and the staff was friendly and really helpful. It is located only 4 blocks away from the main avenue and the beach :)

Absolutely AWFUL...DO NOT STAY HERE. DIRTY, SMELLY AND UNCOMFORTABLE RXPENSIVE HOLE.

• 9th Nov 2013