Grand Hostal Playa Reviews

Avenida 20 Entre Calles 4 y 6, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Staw i not nais a badrooms the are stinki. Bades ther are not konftibol basicle you kane slip. Pist off

Staff terrible at maintaining the hostel's silence rules, which was meant to be between 12am and 7am..... One large obnoxious group were yelling and being extremely loud until 3.30am, no staff told them off or kicked them out, no one in the hostel could sleep because all rooms are off the courtyard where this group was. The terms say that people who break hostel terms can have their booking terminated which did not happen. This rowdiness was tolerated two nights in a row. Horrible.

• 19th Feb 2015

I was put in a room with more beds than I'd booked for and there was barely 30cm between the bunks so barely any room for belongings. After staying in much nicer places for the same cost I wouldn't book again.

I really liked the place, everyone is very friendly and is very clean. recommended and would definitely return here

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very nice! We enjoyed one week. Everything very close, clean, friendly.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

I only booked 3 nights there, and when a friend offered me a place to stay elsewhere, I wanted to get a refund for 2 nights. The guy who ran everything there just told me he could let me stay the 2 nights, when I come back another time. This was all said verbally and most likely will never happen anyway. So once you pay them, its next to impossible to get any money back. Other than that, the people were friendly and it was a peaceful and comfortable experience.

• 16th Jan 2015

This hostel was superb. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the bathrooms were always clean, always someone to talk to but never too loud.

Pool looks clean. No one ever goes in. Ever. Hot water takes a long wait. Give you a towel but only one sheet. The big dorms are air conditioned at night.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels