Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

The hostel didn't have lockers in the room but they had small lockers by the reception for your valuables. There is also a bar advertised but I don't think the rooftop area should be called a bar. You can buy a beer from the reception and walk through quite a bit of the hostel to go upstairs to the roof where they have a few old tables and chairs. The staff was fantastic and I liked the breakfast quite a bit. Next time I would stay closer to the main part of town though

Great place to stay for a few days in Singapore!

• 9th Jun 2014

Small dorm rooms but amazing atmosphere, amazing staff, cool rooftop lounge!!

I had a few recommendations from friends who stayed at the Green Kiwi before, plus it was best rated on hostel world.com for hostels in Singapore - and it was absolutely worth it to listen to my friends! Nice interior of the rooms, super friendly stuff, free breakfast and wifi, rooftop bar is perfect to chill out, it's easy to get to know new people. So my whole experience in Singapore is also influenced from my stay at Green Kiwi!

I had a great stay at green kiwi. The staff is amazing, SOOOO friendly, kind and helpful. Rooms are good with wooden bunk beds that don't make any noise. It's a short walk to mrt stations, and with Singapore's amazing public transport system it's easy to go anywhere from the hostel. I definitely recommend this hostel and would stay here again if I went back to Singapore.

Not the most centrally located, and even a small trek away from the nearest metro station, but definitely an welcome oasis. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even organizing free walking tours—one of which we hopped on. The rooms were clean and secure, and the facilities quite nice.

Very nice staff and social environment. I spent 3 nights here and had a great time here. I can recommend this for backpackers!

• 30th May 2014

We were in the mixt dorm and some people were not respecful but otherwise the hostel is very good! I guess we had a badluck.. Like a guy who put an alarm at 2AM and snooze every 10 minutes all night long til the morning..

• 30th May 2014

I loved the staff and the other tenants. Thank you for introducing me to kaya -- it is delicious!

• 25th May 2014

This hostel was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if I'm again in Singapore.

Friendly staff, good location. Clean and with a nice breakfast --> some pieces of fruit, toast and coffee/tea. Two stations are within walking distance, so it's easy to get around. Free maps and travel guides to lent avalilable at the hostel.

• 23rd May 2014

Green Kiwi is a social hostel, with a pretty cool rooftop and area to hang out next to reception. Despite this, the whole place is in need if some general TLC...the rooms are all very dark with little light, the shower area is pretty unclean and the rooftop bar and chill out area could do with a refurb. No complaints with the staff...all very friendly, but there are better options closer to the city in Chinatown and near Boat Quay

The staff were so friendly and so helpful. I only stayed for one night and it was a perfect stop off point. Reasonable price and excellent breakfast. Would definitley return! Thanks guys!

Awesome hostel with the best staff ever,very friendly,helpful people who give great advice on things to do in singapore etc.,they also provide a great breakfast,best hostel ive stayed in in SE Asia!

I was very badly bitten by bed bugs, so many that I had bites on my ears and face! They moved me to a different bed in the same room which also had bugs, but on my last night I was in a clean room. Every seat in the downstairs common area faces the wall, so it was not a very social place. The upstairs area was good but not many people went up there because it was out of the way and wasn't really promoted. Staff were the best thing about the hostel, they were very friendly.

Very nice hostel with many nice and helpfull employees.

Loved the hostel. It definitely contributed to our great time in Singapore. Breakfast was great. Staff was great, nice and helpful even though their directions were wrong sometimes. They really did try to help!

i thought the staff were very friendly but the common area was poorly laid out with bench seating facing the wall.I figure this was due to size constrants but it made it hard to talk/meet new people. I also meet a guy here who had bed bugs and all they did was change the sheets move him to a new room then proced to check someone else into that bed. overall not the best hostel.

It is a ten minute walk from the metro station, buses do depart nearby. There is a good food court around the corner. Staff is really friendly and keen to give information. There are enough computers available. Rooms are very small, and have AC. Breakfast is good, with some fruit and good coffee. Bathrooms are ok, showers ok. On the rooftop we had some cockroachs.

• 16th May 2014

Our stay there was quite good. The location could be better... Not that far from MRT but having to walk under the sun makes it seem kind of long still. It was generally clean, but the only thing is that even though we were not supposed to wear shoes, some pple wore shoes etc in showers (and use it to wash stuff) and they were not that clean as a result... But in the end a good enough hostel