Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

I felt very comfortable in your Hostel, thank you for everything. I had a great time

• 21st Oct 2015

It's hands down the best hostel i have stayed in. The facilities are good and the beds comfy. There's a rooftop garden where is easy to meet new people. I really liked the breakfast (no rice or noodles!) and they even serve it until 1pm. Doris and Carole were amazing and gave a lot of recommendations on where to go and what to eat (Try the toast with Kaya and butter while having breakfast, its really good). When I'm back in Singapore i will definitely come back.

I had a really good time in the green kiwi hostel. The staff is just adorable..the rooms and bathrooms always clean. Great atmosphere . And super rooftop! Thank you all! Annabelle

• 15th Oct 2015

Easy to get around, the directions posted on the site was easy to follow. Staff explained everything thoroughly and were more than willing to help you in times of need! Shared communal bathroom, so if you're iffy about those things, you'll have an issue. Breakfast was delicious! Great value for your buck. The rooftop is great at night!

I only stayed for a night but I made instant friends because the staff were really friendly. The two Pinay receptionists were really helpful.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Loved it... They have amazing kaya

Small and very basic hostel (fits to the price though), but there were a lot of nice people there so I would recommend for backpackers on budget who want to meet someone and party.

The staff was awesome!!

Excellent hostel. good location close to shopping mall and little india. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fast internet and also great environment to meet people. I've met a bunch of solo travellers at their rooftop area. Definitely gonna stay here next time when I go back to Singapore.

Enjoyed my brief stay at Green Kiwi very good location and reasonably priced. would definitely recommend! Excellent choice of breakfast spreads!

The staff are so friendly & helpful, the moment you arrive you feel at home. Also really nice to have the common areas so you can meet people & chill out & meet more people. the brekkie is perfect & these are the best showers I've ever found in a hostel :) thanks!

Our hostel room was cold during the day but at night it went very hot. About 35 degrees Celsius and very stuffy in our room! We resorted to sleeping in the hallway with our duvets as there was nobody at reception so we did not know how to turn ac down. No atmosphere!

Not bad location, but still 10 minute walk to MRT Ferrer Park to get into Singapore City. Clean, modern hostel with good internet and facilities. I liked the rooftop bar a lot, and staff were excellent and friendly in assisting me. Good place to meet people and relax. Lots to do in Singapore to ask the staff for tips!

Place is easy enough to get to and there are 2 MRT stations relatively close. Bed was comfy enough, air con could have worked better. I thought the place lacked a little polish. Perhaps free drinking water or maybe even soap for the sinks after visiting the toilet.

Cool rooftop area

Closest subway is Boon Keng (NE9), not Lavender. Beds were comfortable and there's no wait for good, hot showers. Breakfast is brewed coffee with cut fruit and whole wheat or white toast with choice of 6 spreads. A/C not as strong as it should be. Wifi doesn't work in dorm rooms unless you stand next to the door. Staff were friendly and helpful. Note: you need to pay in cash, including S$ 10 per person for key deposit (to open the always locked dorm door when you get back from the toilets).

The ladies were very nice, and very accommodating with my early check-in. The rooms were air conditioned, which was nice, and the rooftop area was a nice place to relax with drinks in the evenings. Decent location - a bit of a walk to the nearest metro stop, but once on the metro it was super easy to get around the city (it's not that big, after all). Would recommend!

Really enjoyed our stay at Green Liwi Backpackers! Great and friendly stuff with lot of helpful information on sightseeing, food and transportation. The rooms are small but tidy, about 3 socket outlets per bed for all your electrical devices. Especially enjoyed the huge showers and the roof top terrace. The free breakfast in the morning is great to get to know other backpackers and in the evening you could have drinks there too.

• 21st Sep 2015

Staff are super nice and friendly.

Good location not far from little India. Great breakfast with fresh fruit. Nice people to hang out with on the roof terrace. Rooms mostly without windows and a little too small for all the beds.