Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Two ladies at the reception are lovely! They'll give you handy tips on seeing the city, getting around etc. I've even got a public transport card so I could get around the city cheaper and without hassle-thank you! Location's good, 10 min walk from nearest MRT and bus stop is 1 min down the road. Awesome breakfast served with real coffee cafe quality! Try the green spread, it's del! Dorm was okay, sheets could be fresher and it smelt of oil paint. People's luggae was everywhere as no big lock

Green kiwi is fantastic place. All you can want- thay have. Facilities are great- clean rooms, bathrooms, good wifi, terrace, all the information you might need. And the stuff is excellent- A . 2 tips to make it even better - could offer towels and hair dryer for rent ;) Green kiwi made my stay in Singapore.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Latvia

Good place to meet other travellers. Nice morning coffee, fast wifi. Staff is the worst. One of the girls working there gives a lot of rude answers to guests requests, obiously because of missing cultural understanding what western backpackers want. Place could be cleaner. You hardly see the owner around and he does not reply on emails.

Nice hostel with spacious rooms which were always clean. It has a rooftop terrace for socialising and smokers. Breakfast included was toast, spreads and fruit which was about enough. The location is between 2 underground stops but the lavender station makes transport to the airport super easy. Area felt safe. The staff were really friendly and the hostel had loads of recommendations

Had a great stay and met some really good people. MRT stations are close by as well as great cheap food. If you're staying on the east coast, Green Kiwi is the place to be!

It was ok.. I wouldn't tell my friends to go there and I probably would try another place my self if back in Singapore. The rooms and facilities are ok but it wasn't that easy to meet people (maybe I was just unlucky) and the roof top wasn't that big deal at all. I hated the locker.. They were silly! But one thing was absolutely great: breakfast!

Decent hostel, set near 2 MRT stoPS. Prices for drink was reasonable, rooftop area pretty cool. Staff were really helpful. Sadly they cannot organise onward travel but can direct you where to buy bus tickets.

Had an awesome stay! The staff are very friendly and great at recommending things to do in the city. Breakfast included is always a nice perk and the fresh fruit is very much appreciated.

Green Kiwi Backpackers was the best hostel I stayed in so far :) Excellent staff so freiendly, very nice breakfast and very ggod value for money. the rooms were a bit small for 10 people but overall I would definitly go there as well. I am a single female traveller

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Really liked it here. Clean dorms and excellent breakfast. An indoor chillout area would be good though.

Amazing atomsphere very helpful friendly Great location to n fro the city

There wasn't much room in the female dorm with not even enough space to open my rucksack. Other than that it was quite a pleasant place to stay and breakfast was great!

Is my second stayed at Green Kiwi hostel. I made the booking at the early afternoon(2pm) for 2 person stay at the 20 beds female room, but when I arrived at the hostel at the late evening 8pm, the booking is not on the record, even I have the booking confirmation on my email for 2 person for the female dome. The staff at the reception offered me to stay at the 6 mix beds dome instead, but I will need to pay the different, I don't bother to search for a other hostel, so I accepted the offer.

I had a really good stay at Green Kiwi during my stop at Singapore. The location is really nice with everything around, and the metro station 5minutes distance. The breakfast is delicious and some toasts are offered all day long! I would definitely recommend it and go back there. Great for solo travelers!

Very welcoming staff and happy to help you with trips and recommendations. Free breakfast and sockets in reception area to charge your phone. Light by each bed (even in the top bunk) which was very useful. Nice atmosphere and close to 133 bus to Marina Bay Sands and Lavender and Boon Keng train stations. Would stay here again.

Good hostel. Nice overhead/rain showers. Try the green spread on your bread in the morning - I don't know what it is, but it's delicious!

Staff were really friendly and helped with tickets for venues and any queries about getting around town. The hostel is a little out from the centre of the city but not any hassle getting there with the MRT. Common area is good and the garden on top is good for relaxing. Good stay, would stay again.

One of the best hostels I've been to. Amazing friendly staff, cheap beers (for Singapore) Highly recommend this hostel to any one travelling to Singapore!

Awesome Hostel! I come back! nice staff, nice Atmosphere and nice rooftop with nice People who stay there in the evening!

Nice hostel! Friendly staff, clean rooms/toilets/showers. Would stay again!