Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Very helpful staff, all in all a good place to stay. Hawkers food market across the street, bus right outside front door.

The breakfast, bed and room was good. The only downside was the reduction in the prices of tickets to the attraction places. We expected a little bit more. And the location of the hostel was a bit far than expected. Other than that, it is all good and we really had a great time at SG and at Green Kiwi.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Experienced was good n i like their shower n rooftop. Staffs are friendly except one malay lady...-.- . All good n will fo back again.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • jac1485
  • Malaysia

I felt very comfortable to stay for the whole period for all - staff, breakfast, location, cleaning and daily rate ! Perfect !

Excellent for a solo traveller. 21 Aus M

Very nice hostel with some of the best staff I've ever seem. The only problem is that they were renovating the hostel and the place is a bit messy and smells like fresh ink.

Was greeted by a rushed receptionist the night i arrived therefore no information was explained to me in detail. Stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm it was cramped and not as stated in the description. However clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were mixed and always dirty - not very private either. Breakfast was nice but didn't find morning staff anymore friendly infact found them quite rude

The staffs are so nice and willing to answer you any questions. I also like their smile and polite, it makes me feel comfortable when i go to singapore first time. I will stay here next visit

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Location is good, friendly, nice breakfast and really good staff. Would stay again, plus ac free of charge!

• 26th Jun 2014

The reception was very friendly and the rooftop garden was lovely

I had an amazing time here, hostel was in a good location, very clean and the staff were more than helpful, the breakfast in the mornings was something to look forward to! It has a great atmosphere, plenty of information on things to do and places to see, and a good choice if you want meet fellow travellers. I would definitely stay here again if in Singapore.

Great atmosphere! Excellent staff, all with a smile and a vast knowledge of things to do and how it can be done. The place itself is great, a great rooftop where you can get talking whilst soaking up the city atmosphere. Would definitely stay again if I'm back in Singapore.

Amazing experience ! Staff is a BIG difference in this hostel. Lovely and funny !!

Good, clean hostel. Cool rooftop garden and great free breakfast!!

The hostel didn't have lockers in the room but they had small lockers by the reception for your valuables. There is also a bar advertised but I don't think the rooftop area should be called a bar. You can buy a beer from the reception and walk through quite a bit of the hostel to go upstairs to the roof where they have a few old tables and chairs. The staff was fantastic and I liked the breakfast quite a bit. Next time I would stay closer to the main part of town though

Great place to stay for a few days in Singapore!

• 9th Jun 2014

Small dorm rooms but amazing atmosphere, amazing staff, cool rooftop lounge!!

I had a few recommendations from friends who stayed at the Green Kiwi before, plus it was best rated on hostel world.com for hostels in Singapore - and it was absolutely worth it to listen to my friends! Nice interior of the rooms, super friendly stuff, free breakfast and wifi, rooftop bar is perfect to chill out, it's easy to get to know new people. So my whole experience in Singapore is also influenced from my stay at Green Kiwi!

I had a great stay at green kiwi. The staff is amazing, SOOOO friendly, kind and helpful. Rooms are good with wooden bunk beds that don't make any noise. It's a short walk to mrt stations, and with Singapore's amazing public transport system it's easy to go anywhere from the hostel. I definitely recommend this hostel and would stay here again if I went back to Singapore.

Not the most centrally located, and even a small trek away from the nearest metro station, but definitely an welcome oasis. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even organizing free walking tours—one of which we hopped on. The rooms were clean and secure, and the facilities quite nice.