Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Staff were extremely helpful. Even let us us their mobiles to make local calls. Beds were really comfy. Girls dorm was lacking in space slightly but was sociable and fit our needs. Free breakfast was fab. As much as you wanted - toast, fruit, jams etc. Fast internet and computer were a bonus. We had to move to their other location near the Sultan Mosque due to lack of space (for extra nights not booked). This one is not as good as it's basically one huge dorm and only 2 showers.

Very nice staff! Breakfast was good with toast, fruits and tea/coffee! The bedrooms were comfortable. I just think that bathrooms could be cleaned more times a day. Showers were good, very strong! :)

The walls are chockers with signs, but they at least provide accurate information like reception opening hours -- the reception clerk said in her chirpy briefing that reception opens "at 6 am". I forfeited my key deposit since hanging around until the real 7.30 am opening would have put me at the airport too late. The rooftop garden is dead shrubbery, and there's no other common area. As a long-term Singapore visitor (10+ years), I can say there are same-quality places closer to the MRT.

Easy to access from Boon keng station, get a good sleep here for tired travellers=)

Nice roof top terrace to relax! Yummy brekky! Stayed there twice...Perfect location to get to places. Helpful staff! Wifi worked in rooms. Some other guests didn't seem to know how to flush the toilet but that's not the hostels fault!

Green kiwi hostel was wonderful! Great location, really friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfast every morning and completely free wifi included in the price would love to come and stay here again!!

Staff were amazing and extremely helpful with sightseeing tips and tour advice. Breakfast was very good too, especially the coffee!

The thinks I didnt like there is that the owner is always there telling what staff have to do, they work under pressure, and when I arrived there by bus I didnt find a place to exchange my money on the way to hostel (5 min walking). When I reached the hostel I asked where I could change money around, and the owner wanted to hold my passport there until I back, serious it was RIDICULOUS !

Good hostel, friendly staff, great location great breakfast good rooftop garden and easy to get to the airport Need I say more

I think everybody, who want to stay at Green Kiwi Backpacker, should know that it is in the second storey and that the stairs are quiet long and narrow and a lift is not available. Furthermore: everybody has to share the bathrooms with everybody - there are no seperate bathrooms for every room/dorm. The showers are big enough but the place where you put your dry clothes is limited. The staff was really friendly and helpful. All in all: this hostel is ok for two nights.

A good. Choice to stay , with friendly staff .

This is a great hostel, OMG that free breakfast!, it was a very nice way to wake up. Location was also great, about 5 minutes or maybe less from Boon Keng station. The staff was very nice, beds were clean, lockers are a little bit small enough to fit a laptop not nothing else and there were not too many. I really enjoyed my time in there.

One of the best hostels I've stayed during my trip in Malaysia and Singapore. Really nice breakfast and very helpful staff. Loved it.

Good staff, good breakfast, but a little noisy

nicest stuff ever and really good coffee!

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location. Great free wifi and computers to use and opposite brilliant food market. Would definitely stay again

friendly staff

excellent! I like it very much and will probably come back again if there is a chance. ---Lisa thanks from China

The internet wasn't great, if that's a priority for you do not stay here. It's located by two MRT station which is nice. It comes with a free breakfast of toast, fruit and coffee or tea. The roof top garden is kinda gross but its a decent enough hang out place to drink and smoke.

great staff