Guest House Atagoya Reviews

Saga kurumamichi-cho 4-27, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Kenji was an extremely comfortable host. You can tell the efforts Kenji has gone through to make sure everything is reliable for everyone. The security, the location and everything else was great. I accidentally left my shoes in another hostel downtown and Kenji was kind enough to let me ring them to arrange and pick them up another day. Yet, Kenji actually organised one of his other staff members to pick them up FOR ME!!! I was STOKED. Amazingly kind and super friendly. Highly recommended.

• 23rd Jul 2015

This is a great guest house to stay at if you want to experience a regular Japanese house in Japan. I live in Japan so I can say that with great confidence! You'll enjoy the stay and be comfortable, and the location could not be better for exploring Arashiyama. It's alsoeasy to get to Kyoto station from here which is nice. If you're looking for some good food, check out Arashiyama Curry just up the street toward the station. Super delicious!

Very nice host with invaluable tips. The accommodation and the location are as Japanese as Japan can get.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Austria

Everything was pretty much perfect, except that there is no sound insulation at all.

We had a great time at the guest house Atagoya! The rooms, kitchen and the bath were very clean and well equipped. Mr. Wada helped us a lot when we arrived by showing us local sites, restaurants gave us tips on the bus and train system in Kyoto! My room even had a fully functional Famicom! Awesome! We'll definitely return when we're again in the area!

• 24th Mar 2015