Guest House Atagoya Reviews

Saga kurumamichi-cho 4-27, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Kenji was awesome and went above and beyond whenever he was able. Helped set up each day and its activities, and he got us discounts at local restaurants.

If you're looking to explore the Arashiyama District, location is perfect. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Facilities are also good although my room was split with the reception desk. No complaints though.

Excellent hostel, in a beautiful touristic area (I spent my whole first day in that area without taking the train at all) The manager/receptionist has shown me all the attraction in the neighborhood. The hostel apparently has just 3 rooms so you will share facilities with only a few people (It's not like some hostel in which you have to share public areas with 20/30 people)

• 9th Nov 2013

Stayed in a well kept traditional style 6 tatami mat room. Felt at home staying here which is impressive considering it's my first time staying in a japanese style room. Owner is very kind and helpful and gave great information about the local area. To give you an idea of how well treated I was, when I found I had lost my iPad charging cable, he not only lent me his while I was staying but went out and bought me a replacement unrequested. Arashiyama is a beautiful and peaceful place. Recommended

Amazingly friendly and helpfull staff, very good location near the railway station, exceptionally clean and cosy. Best value for money and best all arround hostel in our entire 16 day stay in Japan!

View all Kyoto Bed and Breakfasts