Guest House Pongyi Reviews

2-22, Rokumai-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Kanazawa, Japan

“Great little hostel in a very good location. The old samurai district is just a 10 minute walk along the canal and Kenrokuen gardens a 25 minute walk. Very easy to find being just 5 minutes from the train station and the staff are extremely helpful. If you are going in the spring the staff even provide transport and booze for the Sakura viewing so everyone is a winner!”

Excellent hospitality of the staffs.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

A very homely guest house with very friendly and helpful staff. Much appreciated!

Really friendly and earnest staff who speaks really fluent English! Gave us awesome food recommendations and places of interest to visit. Hostel was small-ish but really cosy and had all the facilities we needed. Definitely recommended and I'd want to return to this place one day and stay for more nights in this beautiful place. (:

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

It is the best hostel I have ever stayed! Maru, Yuu and Masaki, they are all very friendly. As the winter temperature of Kanazawa is low, they provide me with a hot water bottle so that I can have better sleep. I enjoyed the peace-crane origami gathering and miso hotpot party during my stay. It is a typical Japanese style small house with good location. The only drawback is that the closing time from 12 noon to 3 pm is a bit long. But all in all, it is a cozy and inexpensive place to stay.

i spent a couple of days here and they were amazing, mostly because the staff is GREAT!! thank you for your kindness!!

The staff are so super sweet and the location is really good but there's only 2 dorm rooms and they're pretty cramped. There's also only one shower. I think it would be fun to come here with a group of friends so that you would have a whole room to yourselves and take turns using the shower

Highly Recommended. This guesthouse you should be stay when you come to Kanazawa.

Pongyi guesthouse is located 5 or 10 minutes from the JR station (depending on how fast you walk). The staff there will help you to discover the city if you don't know what to do. The owner will even go the extra miles and show you how to catch a bus if you don't know how to do it. I only stay there 1 night but I can say that Pongyi is like a family guesthouse, and you become part of this family as soon as you step in!

Staff really friendly and nice! I recommend to everyone to stay at this hostel!