Guest House Pongyi Reviews

2-22, Rokumai-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Kanazawa, Japan

Best guesthouse ever. Great location. Staff is wonderful, so friendly. They introduce every guest to each other and do everything possible to make it a great visit. Very nice to meet people, japanese and foreigners.

The staff are friendly.They service and help us to search a location.I will recommended my friend go to there.It's a good memory for us.They are so warm,gives me and my bro atmosphere like at home.Thanx u very much. LINDA TAN-Indonesia.

my stay in Pongy was great. Yuu and the other staff made me feel like home. I liked the activities and the charme of this japanese hostel. Thank you all for such a nice stay. Best regards, Matthias from Switzerland

Loved this place! Super cute and the woman running it was incredibly sweet and helpful. My train was delayed because of bad weather and she stayed up until midnight so that I could check in!

Only stayed one night but it was fantastic. Had some origami activities and the staff was very nice an helpful. You could just tell they were really glad to help you with everything. Would definitely stay here again!

Perfect choise for a real Japanese experience! Best hostel staff I ever met!

I think that Yuko (if I spelled it correctly) is a very shining person which makes you feel incredibly welcome. Maybe some activities done by the hostel are a bit overwhelming but kids and families would love this place I m sure. I stayed only one night but it was a different and funny experience,

I was there a few nights and it is really a wonderful place! Not too far from the station, a lot of social activities, inceribly kind stuff, international visitors and a really neat building. Completely to recommend!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Very friendly staff, really helpfull. And a very nice location

I can only recommend this guest house wich is wonderful!! I had a great time there and the staff was very nice and keep a cheerful atmosphere in the hostel!! When I'll come back I will definitely come back there!!

One of the highlights of my trip to Japan was my night at Guesthouse Pongyi. Excellent staff and and superb atmosphere.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was absolutely wonderful and really made you feel at home in Kanazawa. In addition to great conversations there were activities such as calligraphy to bond with other guests. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and would definitely stay here any time that I am in Kanazawa.

I loved my stay here at Guest House Pongyi, the staff were so kind and inclusive they made my stay in Kanazawa so memorable! A gorgeous traditional guesthouse that has charm and in a great area, close to Kanazawa station and the main centre of town.

Very friendly staff couldn't have been more helpfull, the lady showed me exactly where to go and what to see! The only down sideto was the size of the place (it's tiny so watch your head) and the fact that there's only one shower/toilet. Other than that I'd highly recommend it ! The owner was also suoer friendly so good luck to him!

A beautiful hostel, one of the prettiest I have ever stayed in. An interesting building with cute canal outside. Close to train station and short picturesque walk to town centre. Exceptionally clean and friendly staff.

Clean, conveniently located, Yu-san was extremely kind and helpful. Thank you!

• 17th May 2014

TOP!!!!!!!

I cannot recommend this place enough! The hostel itself is in an awesome spot, it's a really cool building, but it's the staff that make this place - they were amazing! We only stayed here for one night but wish we had stayed longer!