Guest House Pongyi Reviews

2-22, Rokumai-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Kanazawa, Japan

Very friendly staff, really helpfull. And a very nice location

I can only recommend this guest house wich is wonderful!! I had a great time there and the staff was very nice and keep a cheerful atmosphere in the hostel!! When I'll come back I will definitely come back there!!

One of the highlights of my trip to Japan was my night at Guesthouse Pongyi. Excellent staff and and superb atmosphere.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was absolutely wonderful and really made you feel at home in Kanazawa. In addition to great conversations there were activities such as calligraphy to bond with other guests. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and would definitely stay here any time that I am in Kanazawa.

I loved my stay here at Guest House Pongyi, the staff were so kind and inclusive they made my stay in Kanazawa so memorable! A gorgeous traditional guesthouse that has charm and in a great area, close to Kanazawa station and the main centre of town.

Very friendly staff couldn't have been more helpfull, the lady showed me exactly where to go and what to see! The only down sideto was the size of the place (it's tiny so watch your head) and the fact that there's only one shower/toilet. Other than that I'd highly recommend it ! The owner was also suoer friendly so good luck to him!

A beautiful hostel, one of the prettiest I have ever stayed in. An interesting building with cute canal outside. Close to train station and short picturesque walk to town centre. Exceptionally clean and friendly staff.

Clean, conveniently located, Yu-san was extremely kind and helpful. Thank you!

• 17th May 2014

TOP!!!!!!!

I cannot recommend this place enough! The hostel itself is in an awesome spot, it's a really cool building, but it's the staff that make this place - they were amazing! We only stayed here for one night but wish we had stayed longer!

“Great little hostel in a very good location. The old samurai district is just a 10 minute walk along the canal and Kenrokuen gardens a 25 minute walk. Very easy to find being just 5 minutes from the train station and the staff are extremely helpful. If you are going in the spring the staff even provide transport and booze for the Sakura viewing so everyone is a winner!”

Excellent hospitality of the staffs.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

A short walk from the train station. Very friendly and helpful staff. The guest house was small but very warm and welcoming. The hosts were very helpful in providing resources for Kanazawa including transportation information, places to eat and activities at night. Would stay again if visiting Kanazawa.

A fantastic guesthouse located not too far from Kanazawa station. Very clean and nice interior. The staff are super polite, kind and helpful. Be aware that this guesthouse is absolutely tiny, however. The kitchen, shower and tumble dryer are almost in the same room!!! Also, there are no chairs that I recall, as it is Japanese style, so you will have to sit on the floor, which was, I admit, slightly annoying. Free tea / coffee. Highly recommended for travellers who don't mind adapting a little.

I will remember the excellent hospitality and the kindness offered at guesthouse Pongyi for a very long time.

A very homely guest house with very friendly and helpful staff. Much appreciated!