Guest House Pongyi Reviews

2-22, Rokumai-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Kanazawa, Japan

I enjoyed the activities that the was carried out by the guest house every night. They were really friendly and extremely accommodating.

Amazing guesthouse! The staff are super friendly and personable, and the location is good: very close to the train station. It is a traditional Japanese house, and very beautiful. Beds were large and comfortable with privacy curtains However only one shower and toilet, but it's not a problem as it's quite a small guest house

Great staff and nice atmosphere.

Excellent time, wish I had more time. The Pongyi staff is so friendly, accommodating and love to teach Japanese culture. Thanks for a great time!

• 24th May 2015

Amazing hostel close to the main train station in Kanazawa. Maru-san and Yuu-san were amazing. We did the calligraphy lesson as well as the Japanese tea ceremony and they were both great fun! The hostel is extremely clean and it is very easy to meet people.

Very cool guesthouse site a staff very friendly. Totally love my stay.

Love love love Pongyi Guesthouse! Amazing people, amazing time. Some of my best memories in Japan.

Small place but very cozy!. The staff are really friendly and helpfull. They took me and other guests by car to a tattoo friendly onsen (because I have two big tattoos and most of the japonese onses don't allow tattooed people inside) and spend time there with us. So kind! They also showed diferents aspect about japanese culture, like how to do origami or how to prepare matcha tea. Good location! I really recommend it! :)

Hosts have been very welcoming and helpful, I enjoyed the personal atmosphere since the house is very small. Recommended for those who want to connect with other travellers and are looking for short term budget option (without too much pruvacy, in dorms at least).

Amazing place to stay! Staff very nice and helpful. The owner took us to a public place. He's a really nice man and was very helpful with everything. The room was huge and very comfortable. Internet works perfectly. - Watch out your head when you are a tall person like I am ;-) I can strongly recommend this place (and the city of Kanazawa!)

We absolutely loved our stay at this hostel. I can't speak highly enough of it. The staff are so kind and helpful, great location, and super cute building. Would absolutely stay here again.

I had an amazing time at Guesthouse Pongyi! The hostel has a positive warmth and charm to it and is located conveniently near Kanazawa station. Maru-san and Yuu-san are genuinely kind people with hearts of gold. They try their best to make every guest feel welcome and included by having nightly events, where guests can meet each other and share experiences. I will never forget my time in Kanazawa or Pongyi! Richy / Canada

• 27th Mar 2015

I had a fantastic stay here. Yuu, the host was the most welcoming person I've met. I arrived late and was warmly invited to a tea and cake party with all the other travellers... Really felt part of the family. Great atmosphere, especially for solo travellers wanting to meet other travellers Location was quite nearby to train station (about 10 min walk) Yuu and Maru were most helpful and really made the stay most enjoyable HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING IN GUESTHOUSE PONGYI!!!