Guesthouse Tennoji Reviews

9-18 Kitakawahori-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka, Japan

The owner cum manager, Mr Hwang was most accomodating and let us stay in the tatami room which was very spacious and evoked the feeling of staying in a Japanese ryokan.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

Really nice hostel, Mr Hwang is very friendly and nice. Guesthouse Tennoji was impeccably clean, very spacious and one of the most comfortable hostels I've stayed in. Would definitely stay here again if I visit Osaka in the future!

Good location. Clean room. The staff is really nice. This is my first time received an email apologize for not being able to say goodbye from the staff due to he was not there when we left.

This is a very nice and clean hostel in Osaka. It is located only a few minutes from a major train station. The staff are friendly and helpful. I had a good stay and would definitely come here again.

Experienced a nice stay at the residential area, nice neighborhood. And it is near to the Tennoji JR and subway station, follow the direction which is provided in their website, then u will find the guesthouse easily. Many convenient store nearby, and there is 24hours Japanese restaurant as well. I enjoyed my stay here :)

So recomended place!!

Great hostel i even stay, thanks Mr. Hwang for everything.

Good location 5 minutes walk from tennoji station easy access to the rest of the city.

Good hostel in a good location. Hostel is very clean, facilities are great. Close to Tennoji station, which gives you access to the main train/subway lines in Osaka. The owner (who seems to be the only employee) is very helpful and nice - only he can be very difficult to track down. Both myself and two other guests had to wait for a long while to actually check in. Other than that, great experience.

Everything is clean . My room , Japanese style mens room , is spacious enough . However the reception guy didnt exist at the reception when I check - in / out . Also , he cant speak or listen good english so the communication may encounter some problems . Generally , this is a good hostel .

Lockers are at the entrance, not in bedrooms so not convenient for actually storing things. Overall place felt super safe though so that wasn't a concern. Everything was very clean. The manager was at the desk at check-in but I waited an hour in the morning and no one was around for check-out. Most people (myself) included just left - I don't think there's any official checkout. Very close to Tennoji station so it's convenient to get places, but not as central as Namba or Umeda.

• 19th Jul 2014

Arrived at the hostel half an hour after check-in time (& had told the owner about it), but there was nobody there for an hour. A guest opened the door and let me in. Almost no english-speaking guests at the hostel.

Security - There's a security gate to get in. Just two feet away is an unlocked door to the reception and most of the time no receptionist. Location - Excellent. Close to the station and Tennoji is centrally located. Staff - Got yelled at by the front desk guy for NOT wearing shoes inside, I thought we were in Japan? Atmosphere - blah Cleanliness - Was going to give it a high mark, then found a slug crawling up the window in the bathroom during my shower. Value - expensive for what you get

This was one of my favorite hostels in Japan, met a great group of people in the evening and ended up seeing the sights with them for the day. Owner is very friendly and helpful. Area is quieter and more residential, and it's pretty close to the station with quite a few good tourist sights and shopping nearby. Everything was very clean and well-maintained. Definitely would recommend this place!

Staff could not speak very good English so it was difficult to communicate at times. He also could not be found when I was checking out to leave my bags at reception so had to leave bags in my old room. Room was spacious but not the cleanest. Location is close to JR line and local sightseeing Tennoji temple/park etc. Free bike hire which was good! Would recommend for a one night stay but no more, then again you only really need one day in Osaka.

Nice and clean place that is well maintained. The shower area is kind of small though.

Great Hostel! Wonderful traditional Japanese atmosphere with a more private and discrete feeling. Location also remarkable in a not too busy district of Osaka, but still plenty of traditional restaurants around. Really friendly and helpful staff, especially the owner! I will definitely come back here during my next stay in JOsaka

The hostel did not look too clean and staff could speak English, but not too good. So sometimes difficult to ask for recommendations. The hostel was very small, so that is personal if you like that or not.