Guesthouse Tennoji Reviews

9-18 Kitakawahori-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka, Japan

Lockers are at the entrance, not in bedrooms so not convenient for actually storing things. Overall place felt super safe though so that wasn't a concern. Everything was very clean. The manager was at the desk at check-in but I waited an hour in the morning and no one was around for check-out. Most people (myself) included just left - I don't think there's any official checkout. Very close to Tennoji station so it's convenient to get places, but not as central as Namba or Umeda.

• 19th Jul 2014

Arrived at the hostel half an hour after check-in time (& had told the owner about it), but there was nobody there for an hour. A guest opened the door and let me in. Almost no english-speaking guests at the hostel.

Security - There's a security gate to get in. Just two feet away is an unlocked door to the reception and most of the time no receptionist. Location - Excellent. Close to the station and Tennoji is centrally located. Staff - Got yelled at by the front desk guy for NOT wearing shoes inside, I thought we were in Japan? Atmosphere - blah Cleanliness - Was going to give it a high mark, then found a slug crawling up the window in the bathroom during my shower. Value - expensive for what you get

Staff could not speak very good English so it was difficult to communicate at times. He also could not be found when I was checking out to leave my bags at reception so had to leave bags in my old room. Room was spacious but not the cleanest. Location is close to JR line and local sightseeing Tennoji temple/park etc. Free bike hire which was good! Would recommend for a one night stay but no more, then again you only really need one day in Osaka.

Nice and clean place that is well maintained. The shower area is kind of small though.

Great Hostel! Wonderful traditional Japanese atmosphere with a more private and discrete feeling. Location also remarkable in a not too busy district of Osaka, but still plenty of traditional restaurants around. Really friendly and helpful staff, especially the owner! I will definitely come back here during my next stay in JOsaka

The hostel did not look too clean and staff could speak English, but not too good. So sometimes difficult to ask for recommendations. The hostel was very small, so that is personal if you like that or not.

Got upgraded from the bunk bed to the tatami room for free. It was one of my best experience staying in the tatami room. The aircon is free except in summer (which I found to be strange). The hostel itself is a very pleasant japanese traditional house. My advice: go for the tatami room if it is available, it is a very nice experience.

I stayed here for two nights. It is actually very close to the station, but REALLY hard to find!! I followed the directions but in the end had to get a taxi which was annoying. Maybe it was just me, but others in the dorm said the same and even the taxi driver couldn't find it! Make sure you have good directions. Owner is nice and helpful, hostel is clean.

Feel like home! The owner is a super nice friendly guy. Love the living room the best coz it feels homey and cosy. Just 3 minutes walk from tennoji station, great for JR pass holder. Family mart and restaurants are walking distance, can grab some food anytime. Will definitely come back again if I visit Osaka!

arrived at the hostel 12.45h. Had to wait outside the locked gate for 40 minutes despite he fact that I have been repeatedly ringing the bell. Same happened to 2 other guests with evening arrive. ringing and ringing. Finally i let them in. After 1 1/2h we felt sorry for her waiting at the reception and placed her in the female dorm. The other girl was also waiting fo more than 1 h.. Beds not read by 3 pm. Shortly before 5 pm (guests back) he changed the linen! He slept on the couch

Stayed here in May 2014.4 mature women and enjoyed this hostel very much.Great location near the train station and lots of places at nite to enjoy.The owner was very nice and other people there were fun.Great little place.Pat from Fla USA.

Six weeks in Japan,Three Hostels and Tennoji Guest House gave me the most outstanding services.

Great location, very close to Tennoji Station. It was the perfect place to stay to get the train to the airport for my early morning flight. Friendly and helpful staff

nice and helpful staff, good localisation, I recommend

It was great! House was clean and i really liked clean shower booth!!!! The owner is Korean. It was nice I was able to speak Korean there. He and other japanese staff was so kind to us. I was really satisfied with its location(Tennoji is great location cuz it's close to everywhere and this house is really easy to find from the station) and cleanliness(bathroom n shower booth were clean!).

• 1st May 2014
  • South Korea

Super quiet place in a noisy city; it was exactly what I need. It has everything, it feel like a confortable house. Only bad thing is you need a padlock for the locker, and they sell it for 500 yens

Nice place, though the staff is not very present. But I also appreciate the fact that guests are responsible for themselves.

Nice and friendly staff. Be sure to book a Japanese style bed. On tatami with futon. Ahhh..... ureshi neee.... But we need to walk thru others room in order to get to the bathroom or kitchen. Feels like disturbing them (well, sorry guys. We want to enjoy Japanese styles and environments as much as we can....) ; P

I had feel a real stay in japan house, the room so traditional, with completly facilities, the kitchen, small balcony, so sad i have only stay one night in guesthouse tennoji, and last day in japan.