Guesthouse Tennoji Reviews

9-18 Kitakawahori-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka, Japan

This was my first stay in a hostel so I didn't really know what to expect. But I enjoyed it. I traveled by myself but met some good people during my stay. It was very clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 31st Jan 2016

Staff was not as friendly as what I expected before. Location is really good and the guest house makes people feel like you are really living in Japanese style house! I traveled alone there and I felt that place is really really safe!

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Taiwan

excellent place. owner was very kind, facilities were nice and clean, and most importantly its located on a impeccable place, next to Tennoji station. strongly recommend this place!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

It's close to subway, fairly clean, quiet, friendly owner, hot water. If you don't make others annoyed especially when we sleep in a shared room, everything will be good. It would be great if there are more twin room or double room^^

Great location to travel around Osaka. I stay there for 5 nights. Room is very clean. Owner is very helpful. :)

Ok hostel, not bad not great. Has the essentials but no lockers or even lockable doors for the rooms.

It was alright.

• 17th Nov 2015

Would appreciate bigger lockers, and move them into people's rooms. Keycards to the building or to the rooms

Nice, staff with good English, standard facilities. Good location close to a big station

I had a very comfortable stay at Guesthouse Tennoji. Directions to the guesthouse is clear and easy to follow, location is convenient too.

Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean and secure hostel keyoad locked gate accces. Good location for tennoji starion only 5 mins walk.

Location is very good, close to train station and easy to find. A lot of shopping, restaurants and coffee shops nearby.

Good place. Very convenient as nearby subway and train station.

Nice guesthouse if you want a quiet stay. Kitchen facilities are really good and nice to be able to have a computer that we can use for research. Nice and close to Tenoji station.

I only stayed here for 1 night so I can't say much. It's a nice hostel with common areas, nice. Facilities, and tatami mats in the bedrooms. The owner stayed up later than the last checkin time at the reception to allow me in. The hostel is very clean and the showers and nice. I recommend staying here.

Very "homey", this place is easily missed and could probably use a bright coloured sign that sticks out from the wall. When we first entered the place the reception area it seemed a little messy so we weren't too sure what we got ourselves into however it turned out to be a GREAT stay. The location isn't the best but everything is easily accessible since it's so close to JR station. Defineitely a "don't judge a book by its cover" moment. Good host, enough English!

Very nice staff, and the room is quite spacious and traditional. Nice value for money!

good value for washing mashine and dryer, great big kitchen, nice balcony, 5 minutes-walk to supermarket and jr station, free dvd's with english subtitles, free use of laptop, great aircondition, fantastic living room, spacious hostel, quiet

This place was alright for a brief stay. In the Tennoji area had a couple of restaurants refuse me service because I don't speak Japanese, even the place that said "English menu"!