Guesthouse Tennoji Reviews

9-18 Kitakawahori-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka, Japan

Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean and secure hostel keyoad locked gate accces. Good location for tennoji starion only 5 mins walk.

Location is very good, close to train station and easy to find. A lot of shopping, restaurants and coffee shops nearby.

Good place. Very convenient as nearby subway and train station.

Nice guesthouse if you want a quiet stay. Kitchen facilities are really good and nice to be able to have a computer that we can use for research. Nice and close to Tenoji station.

I only stayed here for 1 night so I can't say much. It's a nice hostel with common areas, nice. Facilities, and tatami mats in the bedrooms. The owner stayed up later than the last checkin time at the reception to allow me in. The hostel is very clean and the showers and nice. I recommend staying here.

Very "homey", this place is easily missed and could probably use a bright coloured sign that sticks out from the wall. When we first entered the place the reception area it seemed a little messy so we weren't too sure what we got ourselves into however it turned out to be a GREAT stay. The location isn't the best but everything is easily accessible since it's so close to JR station. Defineitely a "don't judge a book by its cover" moment. Good host, enough English!

Very nice staff, and the room is quite spacious and traditional. Nice value for money!

good value for washing mashine and dryer, great big kitchen, nice balcony, 5 minutes-walk to supermarket and jr station, free dvd's with english subtitles, free use of laptop, great aircondition, fantastic living room, spacious hostel, quiet

This place was alright for a brief stay. In the Tennoji area had a couple of restaurants refuse me service because I don't speak Japanese, even the place that said "English menu"!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Very clean and friendly staff! Would go back again.

• 7th Aug 2015

The numbers of shower room and toilet are quite few. (1 shower room & 1 toilet).

Good hostel but kind of far away from downtown. The facilities are nice, the bedroom are traditionnal japanese bedroom with tatami bed, which is nice.

It took me almost 20 minutes to find this hostel . It is just around the corner and it is very easy to miss it. it

Its a very good hostel for girl who travels alone. The staff are very nice and helpful. well-equipped facilities and very hygienic! will go again next time! One thing I think the staff shld consider is arrange curtain for each bunk bed to ensure privacy

It's very close to the Tannoji train station. Which is very good. And the hostel itself is very nice. Will stay there again probably

• 5th Jul 2015

I have been to more than 20 countries and staying in many hostels, and I have NEVER experienced a hostel who don't provide any blanket or covers in an air-conditioned room! Most of us just cover ourselves with our wet shower towel. Old slippers with pilling

I is okey to stay there fore one day but nothing more. The staffs english skills are very limited. No atmosphere. No very central in osaka.

Friendly owner and good facilities, but zero atmosphere! The hostel felt empty, the people who were there did not talk and the common room was always empty Also quite dusty in the bathrooms

The hostel was fine but where were the receptionists?! The receptionists were NEVER on reception. If I needed anything or wanted to ask a question I couldn't. Found them on the top floor which is apparently private but I didn't know. I was asked to leave the 'private floor' but what I want to know is how they expect guests to find them if they are on the private floor? Apart from that the hostel is fine.

Nice staff