Guzel Izmir Oteli Reviews

9 Eyl�l Meydan� 1368 Sok. No:8, Basmane Konak, Izmir, Turkey

Problem with communication in English and hot water. But value for money is ok and localization fine.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The room was not very clean, but acceptable. It locates at the heart of Izmir, where shuttle buses to otogar of big bus companies are just around the corner, very convenient for travelling around.

really really really nice hotel.... i like it..

Nice place! It's quiet and pretty. The fact that it's family run makes it much more welcoming than other places could be, they were all very kind and offered me tea regularly. Overall very neat and tidy too, sure it may be a little rundown in parts but for the price and setting it's not anything to complain about. It was fine for a young female traveller on her own.

The staff were extremely helpful and cheery . They were very prompt to sort out problems. I left my coat behind and they responded very promptly and posted it on from Izmir to Istanbul where I am staying. many thanks to them! and it is just round the corner from the train station to airport

• 13th May 2014

Good location but quite noisy as it's neighbour is a hostess club which plays loud music until 1am...

Landed in Izmir on later flight hence the layover. Great location to get in/out of town via train. The could do a better job cleaning the rooms, and you're not staying here for the atmosphere... But overall good budget option if you don't plan to spend much time in hotel.

The staff were excellent, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. The continental breakfast was delicious and the location is great since it's so close to the Basmane train station and the metro. It's within walking distance of the harbour, shopping and a couple museums, too. The room was small, but comfortable and clean. My only complaint was the bathroom smelled terrible and there was hardly any water pressure when you used the hot water. Other than that my stay was great!

• 7th Apr 2014

the staff is not helpful. When I asked how to go to the bus terminal. He just advised me to ask someone else.

Hotel located in the very central location, easy to reach by the public transportation. Walking distance from the boardwalk and restaurants. The room was tiny and bathroom could be of a better quality. Overall it is a good place for one night, especially considering low price.

Many thanls for your evoluation. Best Regards Sinem Kurtural

This place is nasty, stay away. Yes you get what you pay for, but I'd have a hard time coming back. It's a cheap hotel, not a hostel. The guy in the room next to me was listening to balkan turbo-pop loudly, if that's any indication of the type of place this is. The TV in my room didn't work, and the bed was dirty. I got really bad vibes at night.