Guzel Izmir Oteli Reviews

9 Eyl�l Meydan� 1368 Sok. No:8, Basmane Konak, Izmir, Turkey

Friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic breakfast. Shower lacked pressure.

This hotel is quite reasonable for a short stay. If you are leaving or arriving by train the station is only 150 meters away and there are bus companies closer than that.

Good location, lots of restaurants nearby, helpful staff although the english speaking ones are on office hours only, but they tried their best to help. Good value for money.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

I only stayed on night, which is all you'd really want to stay. It is right near a bus stop that the shuttle from the coach station stops at. Clean enough, although bathroom was a bit grubby. For the sole purpose of passing through Izmir (I had a flight out the following day), it was good enough value for money.

You get what you pay for- this is literally a place to sleep. The bathroom in my room was pretty sad. The door didn't close and the toilet seat was propped next to the toilet.

Every day they changed the towels, made the bed and taked the trash away, but they did'nt clean the flor or sink. But anyway I knew this from another rezencions. Everybody was friendly, not e every one has english spoken so I had to speak Turkish.

Many thanks for your comments yes we try our best to make our guests @home. Hope to see you again @ guzelizmirhotel

I stayed at this hotel with my parents on a holiday this year. We booked a three person room and one bed was a fold out couch with a big crack down the middle. There was a lot of night club noise at night. The breakfast was lovely and the chef in there very sweet. As for the staff at the front desk, there was a man there who spoke perfect English however was not very helpful. When asked a question he was quite patronising and short, he was especially rude to my mother.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that that beacuse that person is a very nice sweet person whom helps all the guests. Maybe he was in a bad mood or too busy. I am very sorry to hear you were treated badly. I wish you told me before when you were here. Hope to see you again. Many thanks for staying with us.

Staff was very friendly and helpful!! Great price for breakfast included which was delicious. Everything was in walking distance. The only thing was the pigeons were very noisy and smelly in the vent in the bathroom but other then that everything was great!

Problem with communication in English and hot water. But value for money is ok and localization fine.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The room was not very clean, but acceptable. It locates at the heart of Izmir, where shuttle buses to otogar of big bus companies are just around the corner, very convenient for travelling around.

really really really nice hotel.... i like it..

Nice place! It's quiet and pretty. The fact that it's family run makes it much more welcoming than other places could be, they were all very kind and offered me tea regularly. Overall very neat and tidy too, sure it may be a little rundown in parts but for the price and setting it's not anything to complain about. It was fine for a young female traveller on her own.

The staff were extremely helpful and cheery . They were very prompt to sort out problems. I left my coat behind and they responded very promptly and posted it on from Izmir to Istanbul where I am staying. many thanks to them! and it is just round the corner from the train station to airport

• 13th May 2014

Good location but quite noisy as it's neighbour is a hostess club which plays loud music until 1am...

Landed in Izmir on later flight hence the layover. Great location to get in/out of town via train. The could do a better job cleaning the rooms, and you're not staying here for the atmosphere... But overall good budget option if you don't plan to spend much time in hotel.

The staff were excellent, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. The continental breakfast was delicious and the location is great since it's so close to the Basmane train station and the metro. It's within walking distance of the harbour, shopping and a couple museums, too. The room was small, but comfortable and clean. My only complaint was the bathroom smelled terrible and there was hardly any water pressure when you used the hot water. Other than that my stay was great!

• 7th Apr 2014

the staff is not helpful. When I asked how to go to the bus terminal. He just advised me to ask someone else.