HI De Draecke Gent Reviews

Sint-Widostraat 11, Gent, Belgium

great location in the city centre, just behind the castle. Friendly and helpful staff, I really appreciated the option to get a breakfast packed box for those who needed to leave the hostel before the breakfast time. Free wi-fi (good)working only in the lunge and not in the rooms (bad). two minor drawbacks: the door of the en-suit toilet didn't close at all and the door of the room didn't close or open automatically,you needed always the key. In case of fire that door could be a serious problem.

This hostel was fine although wasn't very much happening in the social areas. Perhaps it was because it was a weekday in September. Hostel could do with installing more power sockets in the rooms.

Nice place to stay for one or two nights.

It was great that I could leave my bike just in the hall! When I had Problems getting WLAN on my Smartphone the members of staff were very helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Indeed I enjoyed my stay very much! Ulrike

• 23rd Aug 2014

This is a huge fairly automated hostel - standard hostel fare - little of the cozy, personal atmosphere but cheap and convenient.

Great hostel, amazing location in the centre near the castle and the tram stop. Very clean, rooms with enough space and very nice staff. Good breakfast as well.