HI-Halifax, Halifax Heritage House Hostel Reviews

1253 Barrington Street, Barrington Street, Halifax, Canada

I loved the HI hostel! The staff were so helpful and nice and the facilities were great. The security in the rooms were really important to me and they had lockers as well as keys to rooms and even a code to get into the building. It was very clean and I really appreciated the quiet hours when people needed to do work and sleep later on in the night

Beautiful hostel! Really efficient staff. But our bedroom was too hot!

Right beside the train station and close to the city center. Very clean, great staff, lockers for your valuables and great rooms. Also has a TV room, reading room, and huge kitchen with tables and chairs! Wi-fi throughout the whole building as well. If you're in Halifax, this is the place to be.

Having beds up against the radiator is uncomfortable. People shouldn't be placed next to a radiator. Other than that I had a good stay.

Everything was fine. The location is very good to catch the bus or train. I am happy that this hostel exists.

• 30th Oct 2014

Staff was super sweet and helpful. Security was great, especially appreciated the locked/well-supervised baggage room. One complaint I have was that when I booked a room - a 6-bed female dorm - I was actually put into an 8 bed dorm. This happened twice on two separate occasions I stayed at the hostel. I would recommend updating the hostel's information on hostelworld. Thank you.

Great job and keep it up!

The hostel is well situated and functional enough but I had hoped for better. The staff weren't welcoming, there was no atmosphere and they still use an antiquated key system for the doors. A good enough place to stay but it could do with some modernisation and some vibrant staff to make the mood of the place more cheerful.