7.8
Very Good 292 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 292 Total Reviews
HI-Halifax, Halifax Heritage House Hostel Located at 1253 Barrington Street, Barrington Street, Halifax.
Canada
Halifax Nova Scotia B3J 1Y2 1253 Barrington Street, Barrington Street
78% 292
44.6410861 -63.5707139
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Jul 2016

This felt like one of the cleanest and roomiest hostels i've ever stayed at! I would definitely stay here again. It was close to the waterfront, and nearby was a lot of coffeeshops and restaurants. It was also close to the train station.

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2016
8.0

Great location; easy to walk to all the main attractions in town. Friendly staff. The rooms were okay. I stayed in one of the lower level female dorm rooms, and there was a slight smell as you walked down the steps. But, overall decent stay for the price and would recommend.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

Clean, convenient and cheap in a great location in downtown Halifax. No complaints. The bed was awful the first night but I got accustomed to it quickly. Basically a four inch foam slab covered in an incontinence pad that does nothing but add traction when you try to turn over. But you do get used to it quickly. Nice, clean bedding and a towel is provided. Also, showers had consistent hot water and good water pressure. I'd stay again.

10th May 2016

A lovely hostel in a good location. Very clean, good showers and beds, and comfortable places to hang out. I would be happy to return!

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Apr 2016
3.7

This hostel was super strict, and the staff arrogant about it. Here's what staying in this hostel is like: They state in their rules that you can't drink in the rooms. Fine, we didn't drink in the rooms but I kept my alcohol in my locker (because where else am I going to put it?). One day we went out and I forgot to lock my locker. When I came back I found that the staff had GONE THROUGH MY LOCKER AND TAKEN MY ALCOHOL and refused to give it back until checkout. My recommendation? Don't stay

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2016
5.7

Really great location for walking around. Staff weren't very friendly. Stayed in the female dorm downstairs and it was kind of dingy and had poor lighting. Slept on the top bunk near a window and you could hear people's conversations on the street. Fine for the price and for a quick trip. Probably wouldn't stay again.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2016

It's a great place to stay in Halifax. Close to all the locations you wanna see and there's a grocery stop as well as a Maritime bus station just around the corner. The staff was friendly and on my arrival day someone stayed at the reception to give me my keys, as my flight was delayed and I couldn't check in during reception hours.