HI-Halifax, Halifax Heritage House Hostel Reviews

1253 Barrington Street, Barrington Street, Halifax, Canada

Having beds up against the radiator is uncomfortable. People shouldn't be placed next to a radiator. Other than that I had a good stay.

Everything was fine. The location is very good to catch the bus or train. I am happy that this hostel exists.

• 30th Oct 2014

Staff was super sweet and helpful. Security was great, especially appreciated the locked/well-supervised baggage room. One complaint I have was that when I booked a room - a 6-bed female dorm - I was actually put into an 8 bed dorm. This happened twice on two separate occasions I stayed at the hostel. I would recommend updating the hostel's information on hostelworld. Thank you.

Great job and keep it up!

The hostel is well situated and functional enough but I had hoped for better. The staff weren't welcoming, there was no atmosphere and they still use an antiquated key system for the doors. A good enough place to stay but it could do with some modernisation and some vibrant staff to make the mood of the place more cheerful.

Everything was fine. Eventhough we had to do a late checkIn everything was prepared nicely!

A comfortable hostel. Good kitchen and eating area. I do think HI hostels should as a standard provide some sort of basic breakfast. Train and supermarket close by.

Enjoyed my stay there.

The hostel was great, staff was great and very helpful and accommodating, however the location was in a bad neighborhood, but yet it was very close to our destination so overall the stay was great. Thanks

• 25th Aug 2014

My only complaint is related to the fact that it is pretty hot in the dorms.

Nailed it!

There is no air conditioning in the building, and the place was really hot all weekend. There was a lack of privacy, particularly the bathroom where men and women share it at the same time.

It smelled like mildew in the female rooms. My cleanliness score would have been much higher if this problem was not present.

Rooms were nice and relatively big, bathroom facilities were clean, room could have been cleaner, good security, really nice kitchen and chill out area, staff could have been friendlier, good location but a little noisy, free towels

Big hostel in a good location near the centre of Halifax and close to the bus station. Very busy kitchen but plenty of fridges and storage. My room on the 2nd floor was very hot and small for 4 people with not much space for bags, luggage, etc. The staff were friendly and did a free bbq on Canada Day and a trip on the ferry to watch the fireworks.

I thought I was making a reservation in Halifax North Carolina, I called and cancelled. They were wonderful on the phone.

• 21st Jun 2014