HI Holandes Reviews

Rua da Assembleia 162, Vila do Abraão Ilha Grande, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Fun hostel. Great common area with a good vibe. It would be helpful if the staff spoke other languages - I speak Spanish and I still had a hard time communicating with most of the staff, who only spoke Portuguese (except for one, who spoke English). The location is great if you're looking for something a little out of the way. I thought the jungle vibe was fun, but you have to be prepared to walk a little ways from the boat dock. Overall, good hostel (and hot showers were a definite plus!).

Great hostel. Great atmosphere. The staff were really helpful, for example ringing to organise a boat trip, that started in one hour, whilst we had breakfast!

Everything here was fantastic minus (if I had to pick, the wifi was a bit spotty). Above all the atmosphere was what made the place. Set back from the beach, just far enough to feel in private and at peace. 10/10 would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was the coolest hostel I've stayed at. By the first night I went out with the hostel staff and met so many new people. I wanted to stay much longer. I forgot my glasses in the hostel and Marcela (one of the workers) arranged someone coming back to Rio to bring my glasses with them. I couldn't believe her kindness!

1 2 Next » last »