HI-Whistler Reviews

1035 Legacy Way, Whistler, Whistler, Canada

I've stayed in many hostels over the years, but this is definitely one of the top ones. Good atmosphere, beautiful location, great facilities (games room, internet and laundry) and very modern and clean. The only thing to note is that it's a few kilometers from Whistler Village but if you have a car that's not an issue, and the bus stop is 100 meters away.

The facility is really good, albeit not located in the village, there is a bus that takes you directly there. I stayed in a four person dorm, and really liked how they had the big lockers that were compartmentalized, no A/C though. What I couldnt understand for the life of me though is the quality of the staff. I found the staff to be anything but helpful, they lacked knowledge about the booking/logistics of the extreme activities. Moreover, they arent warm, and 3/5 ive met were douchebags.

Very modern hostel with excellent facilities, is a drive away from whistler village itself but there is a frequent bus. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The only thing that let it down was the slow wifi that you had to reconnect to for every use! Overall would recommend one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in.

The hostel was (mostly) clean (the shower facilities weren't the best, but still OK). The staff was friendly, and other guests were nice. The lounge was very comfortable and an overall welcoming place. The room was comfortable and clean. However, the ventilation was horrible in our room, and there weren't enough fans for everyone. The staff were sympathetic, but it was impossible to get good sleep. May be better as a winter stay.

The hostel should have signs stating "quiet times" ie 11pm / 7am etc.. I have stayed in many hostels across the globe & this simple signage tends to remind people that they are in a public space, not a private hotel room. It's a hostel so I wasn't expecting hotel quietness but some very unruly guests.

• 25th Jul 2014

Front desk staff were very friendly.

• 25th Jul 2014

I had a great stay! Rooms were lovely, cleaned and bins emptied everyday. Bus stop right outside the hostel so even with the distance from the main village it makes no difference. Facilities were great, so much room in the kitchen and dining areas. Staff all very nice, I was there for hiking and as helpful as they were I found the tourist information centre in whistler village better to speak to about different hikes etc. overall great stay, would highly recommend this hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Amazing friendly staff(specially that young lady)

Our stay happened to coincide with a heat wave but, fortunately, I was on a shady side of the building. I don't expect this happens often but perhaps consideration might be given to making electric fans available. Otherwise the accommodation was similar to what I would expect in a 4-star urban boutique hotel. Thank you for providing such excellent accommodation and extraordinarily well appointed amenity areas.

• 12th Jul 2014

THE VENTILATION STINKS. THAT IS THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE. WHAT I LIKE MOST IS YOUR LOCATION.

• 12th Jul 2014

All the staff at the hostel was great, however it would have been nice if I was told at check in that you sold day passes that would have cut down on expenses. Other than that it was an amazing time and would come back and stay again.

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent hostel, perfect location to explore Whistler. Totally Recommended. My partner and I got a private room with private bathroom, pretty clean and comfortable.

Good staff, clean kitchen, lots of parking. Elevator makes scary noises.

• 6th Jun 2014

Was greeted by very friendly, informative staff. Exceptionally clean facilities. I was most impressed by the features attributed in the details. Every bunk has its own personal outlet, night lamp, and mini shelf: making the room cleaner, and your own belongings more organized. there was plenty of social space that was kept immaculate, and had a cool, yet modern design. Honestly, it felt like staying in a motel with friends, I was incredible impressed, and will absolutely recommend it!

• 4th Jun 2014

Clean and modern hostel, but it is hobbled by its location well outside the centre. Buses are available though, though it adds an extra element of expense and planning to grocery trips. It does have awesome common room and kitchen facilities, and it is convenient to trail heads for the Whistler Interpretive Forest, so it did prove to be a great stay despite the downsides.

Why do the HI hostels always vaccum/hoover in the mornings!! Computers are waaay overpriced, $6/hour, go to the library in town of you need, bus ticket only $5. No free breakfast :-(

Was worried about the location being far from Whistler village, but the public bus picks you up right outside the hostel! It is cheap and operates until 3am on weekends. Perfect for budgetary needs. Only stayed 1 night, but everything else about the hostel seemed awesome! RECOMMENDED

• 24th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

10 minute car ride to whistler, one of the cleanest hostels i've ever stayed in. Very low key. I stayed here to go to the mountain bike park. Wasn't quite the location i was looking for, nor the atmosphere but luckily the mountain bike park was amazing. All in all was a great time and very beautiful in Whistler.

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times on little trips from Vancouver On my most recent visit I went on the Friday night pub crawl with a friend. The pub crawl was amazing. It was free, organized by a really high energy and fun guy and I met a ton of neat people. Do it.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'll make sure Ryan, our pub crawl host, gets the pat on the back he deserves! Hope to see you in Whistler again soon. Kind Regards, Shaun Freeman - General Manager.