HI-Whistler Reviews

1035 Legacy Way, Whistler, Whistler, Canada

The view of the surrounding mountains is spectacular. which totally makes up for the suboptimal public transportation in Whistler. The only downside is that breakfast is not included, so your travel dollar does not stretch as far as in other hostels.

Clean, modern hostel with modern facilities and great staff. Only real downside is the location - at the furthest point on the bus route from Whistler village (30 mins 1 way) with no stores, restaurants or bars nearby. That said, you probably won't find anywhere cheaper in Whistler area.

The HI Whistler is a cool hostel..more like a hotel if the truth be known. Up sides: huge well equipped kitchen and dining area, great TV area, pool table, cafe, down sides : bit far outta town (7km), no breakfast provided (like most other hostels in canada) and for me personally I found the crowd there had a well defined cliche, probably due to a lot of travellers using it for living purposes and not travelling.

This hostel is way too far from the village!

Extremely clean and huge kitchen! It's not in the Village, but the shuttle buses are regular, day and night. Tickets are $2.50 for a one way ticket.

Cleanest and well throught hostel i ever stayed in. I was there in off season, so not so many people around. The atmosphere might be better during season, but it was nice and quiet, so that was good too.

I've stayed in many hostels over the years, but this is definitely one of the top ones. Good atmosphere, beautiful location, great facilities (games room, internet and laundry) and very modern and clean. The only thing to note is that it's a few kilometers from Whistler Village but if you have a car that's not an issue, and the bus stop is 100 meters away.

This is very nice new clean and modern hostel with first class facilities. The only downside to this hostel is its location. It's located several kilometers south of Whistler Village and I believe there is only one restaurant and small convenience store in walking distance. There is however a bus stop right outside the door with pubic transportation running to Whistler. I can't speak to the frequency or the length of trips of the bus service as I was on motorcycle.

• 24th Aug 2014

The facility is really good, albeit not located in the village, there is a bus that takes you directly there. I stayed in a four person dorm, and really liked how they had the big lockers that were compartmentalized, no A/C though. What I couldnt understand for the life of me though is the quality of the staff. I found the staff to be anything but helpful, they lacked knowledge about the booking/logistics of the extreme activities. Moreover, they arent warm, and 3/5 ive met were douchebags.

We had a private room with an ensuite, the room was a good size, with a huge bed and beautiful views! This hostel is 8km south of Whistler village but if you have a car then it works really well. Would stay again.

Very modern hostel with excellent facilities, is a drive away from whistler village itself but there is a frequent bus. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The only thing that let it down was the slow wifi that you had to reconnect to for every use! Overall would recommend one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in.

The hostel was (mostly) clean (the shower facilities weren't the best, but still OK). The staff was friendly, and other guests were nice. The lounge was very comfortable and an overall welcoming place. The room was comfortable and clean. However, the ventilation was horrible in our room, and there weren't enough fans for everyone. The staff were sympathetic, but it was impossible to get good sleep. May be better as a winter stay.

The hostel should have signs stating "quiet times" ie 11pm / 7am etc.. I have stayed in many hostels across the globe & this simple signage tends to remind people that they are in a public space, not a private hotel room. It's a hostel so I wasn't expecting hotel quietness but some very unruly guests.

• 25th Jul 2014

Front desk staff were very friendly.

• 25th Jul 2014

I had a great stay! Rooms were lovely, cleaned and bins emptied everyday. Bus stop right outside the hostel so even with the distance from the main village it makes no difference. Facilities were great, so much room in the kitchen and dining areas. Staff all very nice, I was there for hiking and as helpful as they were I found the tourist information centre in whistler village better to speak to about different hikes etc. overall great stay, would highly recommend this hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Amazing friendly staff(specially that young lady)

Our stay happened to coincide with a heat wave but, fortunately, I was on a shady side of the building. I don't expect this happens often but perhaps consideration might be given to making electric fans available. Otherwise the accommodation was similar to what I would expect in a 4-star urban boutique hotel. Thank you for providing such excellent accommodation and extraordinarily well appointed amenity areas.

• 12th Jul 2014

THE VENTILATION STINKS. THAT IS THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE. WHAT I LIKE MOST IS YOUR LOCATION.

• 12th Jul 2014

All the staff at the hostel was great, however it would have been nice if I was told at check in that you sold day passes that would have cut down on expenses. Other than that it was an amazing time and would come back and stay again.

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent hostel, perfect location to explore Whistler. Totally Recommended. My partner and I got a private room with private bathroom, pretty clean and comfortable.