Hard Road Cafe Reviews

111 Moo 1 Bantai, Koh Phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Everything perfect but the rooms and the Thai servants at the bar/ restaurant. Good for travelers who want to get to know people!

This is a really good place to stay and meet people. The beach bar is a awesome to have some drinks and watch the sunset!! Definitely I recommend this place!!

Giving feedback on a beach hostel is not the same as one in the city. There are things that are always gonna be different. Sand will be everywhere and you have to accept that. Great atmosphere. The staff is totally there for you. Comfortable beds, decent bathrooms and good beds. Party everyday yes, but not noisy in bedrooms. With a tuk tuk you can be anywhere within 15 minutes. Great bar at the beach. Lockers in the bedrooms could be added, but they have boxes in the reception.

bad facilities, shower with low pressure, and cold water. otherwise, its has a very good atmosphere, always full of people of everywhere. there is like 'before parties' for the most important parties of the island.

Awesome Place - the only accommodation I booked before my trip to Thailand and it was great! The staff were good, the guys running the place excellent - and it was definitely the best hostel to stay @ for the full moon party!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

I went travelling around Thailand for 6 weeks and this was the best place I stayed at by far! Everyone who works there is a complete legend and will help you out with whatever you need. All of the rooms and facilities are sensational, it really makes you feel like you're at home! And the best part is the parties at night... You meet so many great people and play some great drinking games! Everything was really cheap, and the location of the hostel was good too. BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD!

• 12th Feb 2014

Really cool place. Loved the ping pong and beach volleyball. Chilled atmosphere yet still social. Would recommend!

Really nice hostel. The guys running it are really helpful and help arrange anything you want from parties to beaches. Perfect place to prefunk before any party. Facilities are fantastic and very clean. Extremely social place, would definitely stay again if I come back.

Probably the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. Super clean room with a nice bathroom and shower. Awesome air con. The pool is really nice and refreshing. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you're going to one of the raves, you can actually come back and fall asleep with no problems. Just walk down the street and party at the Hard Road Cafe

• 6th Feb 2014

Hands down best hostel I have stayed at. I was only supposed to stay one week and I ended up staying 1month! The other travelers that were here just added to the already kickass hostel this is. Lizzy the receptionist was always there to help no matter what.

I wouldn't say this hostel is as much of a 'party hostel' as they want you to think because every night I was there the bar closed before 2, before 12 or earlier, but I would still go back. We booked the 14 bed dorm, but when we arrived it was full so they placed us in a 6 bed dorm (which was alright with us). The 6 bed dorm was nice and I have no complaints over the bathroom. The hostel has a bar down on the beach and was having a pool installed right by the dorms when I stayed there.

Awesome and welcoming staff (and super cute btw:) ) who went out of their way to accommodate (one of them drove us into town to make our ferry.) Such an amazing vibe here - really open grounds, clean dorms (villas were awesome), great area to socialize and meet people, great place to preparty, close to the beach, kinda far from the main town (cheap cab) but we liked it that way - there was plenty to do in that area - very central but still felt the island life. We wanted to stay longer! LOVED IT

I came with 2 English blokes and an Aussie girl I met in Bangkok and we came down south together, first to Koh Samui and then to Koh Phagnan. Our original plan was to stay a couple of nights in Samui and then another few nights Phagnan for the Half Moon. I loved Hard Road and Koh Phagnan so much I decided to stay another full week for the Blackmoon party. The French guys running the place are great and you'll meet so many amazing people. Some don't like the psytrance but I absolutely love it! A+

Really great place, for all party nights they organise transport and drink deals at the hostel bar beforehand. Rooms cleaned daily. Restaurant is little pricey but plenty of cheap restaurants around.

Hi Brendan, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that if you ever decide to come back to Koh Phangan you'll choose to stay with us again. On our menu now we have a backpackers section offering a small selection of thai dishes for 40 baht, making it more affordable for everyone! We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and we hope to see you again :)

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were extremely friendly from the moment I arrived. I stayed during full moon and the warm up party for the jungle experience and full moon party was excellent. Food was really enjoyable and the pool, although a 5min walk at the other site, was small but very socialable. The hostel is a 10 min drive from the main full moon area but the place has a good enough vibe and is chilled for relaxing with a hangover! Very enjoyable.

Hi Eilidh, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the pre parties we held over the full moon period! We are currently about 1 week away from our large outdoor swimming pool being constructed here at the cafe. We do hope that if you come back to Koh Phangan you would choose to stay with us again, and try out the new swimming pool!

I enjoyed my stay in the Hard Road Cafe. The location of the hostel was okay, it is located at one of the main roads of the island. The rooms were really clean. I stayed for five nights and my room and bed were cleaned three times. The hostel has a very good atmosphere! I experienced several pre-party's in the hostel. The staff is very helpfull and makes sure (especially Jerry) that you are having a good time. The facilities of the hostel are good and they are still contstructing a pool

Thank you so much for your review Pieter, your positive feedback means a lot to us.

Stayed here around Full Moon and it was a great party, met tons of great people. They also got us discounts on a few activities around the island like Wipeout Koh Phangnan, which was a blast. Decent food, although overpriced (same with drinks). Kind of in the middle of nowhere, but the festivities at night time make up for it.

Hi Klye, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also enjoyed hosting you throughout your stay. We have taken into account your comments about the food and have now included a backpackers section in our menu, offering a wide range of dishes at a cheaper rate so even those on a budget can enjoy the delicious food available! We would hope that if you ever decided to return to Koh Phangan you would choose to stay with us again and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

I enjoyed my stay but would stay elsewhere next time. For what you get it's extremely over-priced given the 7 day booking policy for a full moon party. The 'jacuzzi' is actually a small cold water pool - not what I had in mind. Within minutes of arriving the waitress in the restaurant tried to short change me and a friend and was very rude about it. The other staff however are very polite. In a nice quiet location near a little beach and some bares/restaurants. Very basic for the price.

Hi Alexander, im very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are working on improving all of our facilities such as building a new swimming pool and constructing a sports centre. We have now changed the jacuzzi to a small pool which guests can use for a refreshing dip and while our swimming pool is being built all guests are welcome to make use of the large pool at the villas. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip and thank you for your comments.

This place was really awesome! I stayed during the full moon and new years party and the price was really great value compared to the rest. The french guys running the place are so helpful and nice. I had a great time! 2 complaints: I had to get my laundry done express, and it came back still wet and smelling like cigarettes (I don't smoke). Also, I booked 20 seat VIP bus back to Bangkok and payed 1300 but when i got to the bus there were only normal 40 seat buses no VIP at all. Big let down.

Hard Road Cafe was an awesome place to stay! Jeremy the owner was really good about making sure you had everything you needed. The place is lively with a good crowd and plenty of activities, other things to make sure you meet alot of people. Dorm rooms are clean, safe, and have safety deposit boxes to place all your valuables. The food is really good, and even if you want to see what's around its conveniently located in Bantai Beach where they have quite a few good restaurants. STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• 26th Dec 2013