Hiroshima Hana Hostel Reviews

Kojinmachi 1-15, Minami-ku, Hiroshima, Japan

We really liked the room - it was small but comfortable, with air-conditioning. Also the bathroom was nice. Even so we decided to use the shared showers - they were very spacious and clean, and since there were 3 of us - it was faster. The staff was also very nice - they even organized Okonomiyaki nigh! Hostel was also very easy to find, close to the main station. Which is the only bad side - in the evenings you could hear some trains, but they weren't annoying. I recommend this hostel!

The hostel's well located near the station, the baseball stadium and a fantastic little okonomiyaki restaurant. I found it was a tad difficult to find at first, but I was confused by the railway crossings (one of them is a bridge, might be worth mentioning so's people aren't looking for another level crossing). Other than that friendly staff, not noisy in spite of the trains, easy to get everywhere and if ever I visit Hiroshima again this would be my first choice of accommodation.

The staff were brilliant, they organised parties and events to allow the backpackers to meet each other. This was great for me as I was traveling alone and could find people to go on day trips with easily!

• 6th Aug 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. There was soap and shampoo provided, so I didn't even need to bring my own, and hair dryers available for my use as well. It was clean, the staff was great, and it was in a good, central location to everything I wanted to see. There were also plenty of great maps for me to use with things like restaurants nearby, and their hours of operation, so I had no trouble getting around!

I will never return to this hostel. Near the train station but the noise of the rail tracks avoid a good rest, the rooms are extremely small, only 3 showers for the whole hostel, 2 in the first floor and another in the 5th.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for staying at Hiroshima Hana hostel. Also your comment. We are very sorry that you couldn't have good sleep. We have shower in the each Ensuite room (which is 3rd and 4th floor). Not only 3 showers for whole hostel. Near by train station has both advantage(Convenient location) and disadvantage(Noise). Sorry again and hope you will enjoy rest of your trip. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Short walk from train station and also the baseball stadium. Convenience store nearby for buying food/snacks. Nice kitchen for guest use and helpful staff.

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and also your comment! We all hope that you had great time here and see you again in the future! Hiroshima Hana Hostel

28° was quite a high temperature... but the idea was good to limitate the climatization. Thank you !

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The best guesthouse we had in Japan: very good price/quality ratio

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

helpful staff, good location, nice place

Thank you for staying with us and your complements! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

We stayed in a Western double bed type room with our own bathroom and toilet. The bathroom was very small, the room smelled a bit odd, and the bed was quite hard, but the facilities provided in the common areas (rooftop: laundry, 1st floor: kitchen, living room) were very nice. So the room itself was a bit disappointing, but if we were to stay again in Hiroshima, this hostel would still be an option.

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comment. We have shared bath room on the 1st and 5th floor. They are much bigger than the one in your room, so please feel free to use them next time of your visit! Also we will try to work on the smell in the room. Thank you for letting us know! Hope to see you again! Thanks again. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

There was a good atmosphere and the other room mates were really kind.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to stay at in terms of staff and people & location. Super easy to get to ! Only point of critique - rooms are a bit small and crammed, but oh well, its a hostel. Defo a recommendation.

Thank you very much for staying with us! Also your comment. Sorry to hear that the room was not satisfied... We can not do anything about it but Hope you had great time in here. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

This hostel is conveniently located within 10 minutes of Hiroshima Station. The facilities are clean and modern and the common room on the first floor is a perfect place to meet fellow travelers. My female dorm has its own bathroom and each bed has curtains all around it, so it's quiet and pretty private. The hostel is about 30 min from downtown Hiroshima and an hour from Miyajima.

Great location, spacious room + bathroom. Staff were excellent and answered all our questions. Only negative was the room had a weird smell.

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments. Sorry for the smell but we actually just renew all the TATAMI MAT in the room which made out of bamboo. Japanese loves this smell because we can tell its fresh and new. But sorry for making you uncomfortable.. Hope to see you soon again! Hiroshima Hana Hostel

A good place to stay for a cheap price.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope you enjoyed in Hiroshima. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Very helpful staff, who were able to give great recommendations on a local Onsen and place to get Okonomiyaki. I also liked that they gave ver clear directions on how to get there from the train station.

Thank you very much for staying with us! Also your comment!! We are happy to know you had Okonomiyaki and Onsen! Hope to see you again in the future!! Thanks again! Hiroshima Hana Hostel Staff

Great facilities, great staff, great location, and great price. The hostel could have been a little cleaner - also we had no cushions in one of our rooms for sitting around the kotatsu, so that wasn't the best. The outlets were a little fiddly and we had to play with the key to get them to work properly.

Solid city hostel. Very friendly staff. Super close to the Carp baseball park. Would certainly stay here again. Take the free Peace Park tour.

Very convienent location close to the train station, friendly and helpful staff. The best about the hostel are the different common areas and there is even a big kitchen.

Thank you very much for staying with us also your comments! We are all happy to know you had good time here. Hope you will enjoy rest of your trip and have safe trip back home! Thanks again!! Hiroshima Hana Hostel Staff

We only stayed for a night but the staff was very helpful and kind and it was a very convenient place near the station to stay during our day trip.

Thank you very much for staying with us and also your comments! We wish that you can stay longer with us next time!! Thanks again and see you soon again. Hiroshima Hana Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5