Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

This place was amazing. It wasn't fancy, but the atmosphere and feel of staying in an old turn-of-the-century mansion, near the heart of the city, was just wonderful. The bathrooms were modern, clean and very comfortable, and the rooms had private lockers. The staff were friendly and the whole experience was exactly what the doctor ordered after a long journey.

• 17th Apr 2014

Everything good. Just more shearing areas are missing. kitchen is small

This was probably the best hostel I stayed in. The staff was excessively friendly and remembered my name, the place was decent and clean, and the other inmates caused no trouble. I would have given you a five star rating if not for the beds. Do something about the beds! I almost pulled the bunk bed over when I first tried climbing it because it was rickety as hell. And even with a burly man sleaping on the bottom bunk it kept wobbling to and fro like a drunken sailer at sea.

Home at the Mansion gave us an unforgettable experience in Melbourne. All the staff are extremely nice. They are willing to provide helping hands whenever you need them. Besides, the atmosphere is great since different nationality of housemates can chat together during night time even though we don't know each other before. The classic decoration impressed us everyday when we came back. To conclude, I would use "awesome" to describe our stay and Home@ the Mansion is just like our "second home".

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

This place is fantastic - great staff and facilities, good location, be sure to ask lots of questions regarding what to see and do then go on and explore!

foul odor everywhere. Especially from the couches. Probably from bacteria living in the walls and such. Needs fumigation or something.

Got a very warm welcome and a nice experience as a first time backpacker.

It's the best hostel ever! We were supposed to stay one night and we still live here after one month and a half! We definitely feel like home, everything is perfect! The staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly, people staying here (permanents and non permanents) are amazing too. You meet so many great people here, you can party but in the same time you can also rest and go to work as people are very respectful. The rooms are clean & facilities are great. We definitely recommend this place!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Good vibe

• 15th Mar 2014

I paid $160 for a double room. It was an extremely small room, the floor boards squeaked, the walls had cracks, the TV didnt work, there was no air con, apart from a fan I had to plug in. I could constantly hear people walking around outside from the noisy floorboards. Ideal for your typical backpacker who just wants a place to crash, but not for me.!

• 15th Mar 2014

Thanks for your feedback, though we found it to be a little harsh The room was $160 as the Australian Grand Prix was taking place and all hostels in Melbourne had higher rates than usual. We actually advise guests on Hostelworld our private rooms are small. I tested the television after seeing this review and there were no issues. From your comment about the room being ideal for backpackers I get the impression that you would be better off booking a hotel, not a hostel in future. Best Regards.

Staff were really helpful, friendly and knowledgeable :)

• 14th Mar 2014

Too many long timers nice new Bar good food!

All around a pretty average place with a huge price tag. The location and staff are awesome but the rest is...meh. Mosquitos bites were a common occurance and the room was very hot. Buy some insect screens and an aircon unit...summer in Melbourne is way too hot to not have them.

good location, not so far from city center and have free city loop tram near by. room is not big but clean and bed is very comfortable,i slept well in this hostel. by the way,staffs are friendly and helpful.

Although I spent only 3 nights, the entire operation was well run and super helpful. Wouldn't think twice about returning for another visit.........................

It was a nice stay. Not as clean as I thought it would be but it wasn't bad. Felt more like staying at a college dorm. Wish lockers could be bigger.

1 2 3 Next » last »