Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

I loved the location and full

• 2nd May 2014

What a great place! Loved the location and facilities. The only odd part was that I was put in a room of long timers who weren't that social with short term guests.

• 2nd May 2014

Decent Hostel. Good beds, good location, nice staff. Bathrooms differ in size, some are definately better than others.

I thought the hostel was very nice. It was clean, airy and the staff were super friendly. I enjoyed my stay - I loved the bar that could be accessed after a day out in the city .. Would I stay there again? Definitely!

• 26th Apr 2014

- The room is very dim in the night and I would really appreciate stronger lighter. - For the same price we have paid, other hostels provide complimentary breakfast to their residents, so we would really love it f we can have the same. - Bigger lockers or open shelves for us to place our stuff would be fantastic

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

I really enjoyed my stay at Home @ the Mansion! Great hostel, lovely staff and amazing bathrooms (big and clean!).

• 23rd Apr 2014

It was awesome! Everything was clean and the facilities were excellent. The bathrooms are really big and clean, and the kitchen is really cool. They offered almost every utensil and kitchen supply needed, you just need to buy the basic food supplies. Awesome experience ;)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

It is a good hostel. The staff is helpful and the hostel is clean. Everyone is very friendly. They have a nice bar, but because they sell alcohol themselves it is not allowed to bring your own. The location is good, walking distance from everything. There are many long stayers in the hostel, although they are all nice people I prefer hostels with less long stayers.

• 17th Apr 2014

The location is great, close enough to attractions yet remote enough to afford you a comfortable escape from the city center. Facilities are average - I have seen much better at hostels in Europe, Japan, and in the US, but in Australia this is one of the better places I have stayed in. It does feel like a mansion, but one that definitely had passed its prime. One clear downside is probably the creaking wooden floor, which could be loud enough to wake one from even the deepest slumber.

• Vietnam

This place was amazing. It wasn't fancy, but the atmosphere and feel of staying in an old turn-of-the-century mansion, near the heart of the city, was just wonderful. The bathrooms were modern, clean and very comfortable, and the rooms had private lockers. The staff were friendly and the whole experience was exactly what the doctor ordered after a long journey.

• 17th Apr 2014

Everything good. Just more shearing areas are missing. kitchen is small

This was probably the best hostel I stayed in. The staff was excessively friendly and remembered my name, the place was decent and clean, and the other inmates caused no trouble. I would have given you a five star rating if not for the beds. Do something about the beds! I almost pulled the bunk bed over when I first tried climbing it because it was rickety as hell. And even with a burly man sleaping on the bottom bunk it kept wobbling to and fro like a drunken sailer at sea.

Home at the Mansion gave us an unforgettable experience in Melbourne. All the staff are extremely nice. They are willing to provide helping hands whenever you need them. Besides, the atmosphere is great since different nationality of housemates can chat together during night time even though we don't know each other before. The classic decoration impressed us everyday when we came back. To conclude, I would use "awesome" to describe our stay and Home@ the Mansion is just like our "second home".

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

This place is fantastic - great staff and facilities, good location, be sure to ask lots of questions regarding what to see and do then go on and explore!

foul odor everywhere. Especially from the couches. Probably from bacteria living in the walls and such. Needs fumigation or something.

Got a very warm welcome and a nice experience as a first time backpacker.

It's the best hostel ever! We were supposed to stay one night and we still live here after one month and a half! We definitely feel like home, everything is perfect! The staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly, people staying here (permanents and non permanents) are amazing too. You meet so many great people here, you can party but in the same time you can also rest and go to work as people are very respectful. The rooms are clean & facilities are great. We definitely recommend this place!

• 2nd Apr 2014