Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

I booked a private room which was still unvailable when I arrived to The Mansion, my booked arrival time was completed ignored and I had to wait more than 3 hours to check in. Room keys did not open the door and general appearance/ cleanses bellow expectations.

• 25th May 2014

I'll explain the concept of check-in to help you with future stays at any hostel/hotel in the world. Check-in is clearly stated as 1PM, and check-out 10AM. On Hostelworld you can indicate an ‘arrival time’ but this does not change check-in time unless you are proposing we kick out existing guests just because you arrive early? We even managed to get you into your room by 10.30AM, 2.5 hours earlier than check-in, quite incredible, as the room key ‘didn’t work’. Safe travels! Rich

A perfect stay in Melbourne! Very friendly staff, great location, clean and with a lot of character. An extra bonus for the fantastic outdoor bar, in front of the hostel, which is also a great way to meet fellow travellers. Only downside is a problem characteristic to all hostels in Australia: not always easy to get to know the other people in the hostel as many are long-stayers on working holiday visa who create there own cliques within the hostel. That said, I still made some great friends!

Here a couple nights before my flight to Brisbane, good place, got some rest, didn't have a huge social aspect, but all in all i enjoyed my stay

Not bad really for oz. great building and super friendly staff

Average hostel in general. Nothing very special, but also nothing very bad. Good kitchen, only fridge pretty crowdy. Rooms fine (was in 7-bed dormitory)with small locker for each bed. Only 2 showers and 4 toilets per floor, but surprisingly there were no queues. Often it was bit smelly in the toilets. Location was fine - bit out ofCBD but definitely in walking distance. Many guests seem to be long-termers, although I was told it's only 10-15%?

As usual whenever I have to stay in Melbourne, I love to stay at Home at the Mansion it's my home away from home! Love the bar that's now open downstairs.

• 6th May 2014

Nice place, great cafe next door, duvet in the winter time, clean and good bathrooms, lockers in each room, and perfect location between CBD and Fitzroy. No free wifi though.

• 5th May 2014
  • Denmark

Great hostel, would stay again! Their bar is really nice as well

• 3rd May 2014

I loved the location and full

• 2nd May 2014

What a great place! Loved the location and facilities. The only odd part was that I was put in a room of long timers who weren't that social with short term guests.

• 2nd May 2014

Decent Hostel. Good beds, good location, nice staff. Bathrooms differ in size, some are definately better than others.

I thought the hostel was very nice. It was clean, airy and the staff were super friendly. I enjoyed my stay - I loved the bar that could be accessed after a day out in the city .. Would I stay there again? Definitely!

• 26th Apr 2014