Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

I actually didn't like this hostel, even though it's clean, has good facilities, and is in a good location, because it has very little personality. I thought a mansion would be more glamorous or funky or have some sort of hook, but the walls were practically all bare (and chipping), and the place felt uncared for and impersonal. It's also too big to really bring solo travelers together; I would only recommend this place if you're already travelling with others and just want a clean, close place.

Really good hostel, one of the best in Melbourne!

First Hostel where had to pay for wifi. Disappointing.

Great location and atmosphere. Located only blocks away from Fitzroy and Melbourne Central. Easy access to train stations and trams. The bar has great discount drinks! And the staff members are awesome.

• 15th Oct 2014

I stayed at this hostel for 2 weeks. I was in a 4 bed dorm, the bed were very clean and comfortable and there was a very big window in the room, so it was well ventilated. Bathrooms were very good! Individual shower rooms, with shower door, hanging hooks, stool and mirror. The kitchen was quite big and full furnished! The staff was great, really helpful and friendly!!

I really liked the hostel and people there but some things came up to my mind which I missed here. Free wifi would have been nice. I found it quite expensive to pay $ 4 per hour for using the computer. There is a possibility to do laundry and there are drying machines but I still wish there were clotheslines somewhere. There is a very good atmosphere and even people who have lived there before come to visit because they have met so nice people there. You always feel welcome to go there. :)

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Good atmosphere and nice location. A bit noisy at night with the traffic and wii fii a bit expencive for an hostel 3$/h.

• 12th Oct 2014

I had the most amazing experience here at Home At The Hostel. Wicked place, best location, amazing staff. It has such a fantastic atmosphere and very good facilities to use. Hot water and showers were reliable! The help I got on my first day by Sarskia was priceless and I was very very thankful. Will recommend to as many people as I know :-)

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff are all really helpful but laid back at the same time, allowing you to get help or directions whenever needed. The facilities are all awesome and give you plenty to do in any spare time. One of the best hostels I have stayed in!

Atmosphere and location are good - i really enjoyed the whole mansion thing with lots of rooms and stuff. bedroom was great - comfy bed and a warm blanket. i only wish the bedrooms were a bit more quiet - i ended up sleeping at a room that had a window to the street and it was really loud, with lots of sirens and the life.

10 Min walk to the pedestrian street, bars, clubs, restaurant. The bathrooms are clean and the staff is nice. One of the reception girls is almoust shouting, but you can deal with that :) The kitchen is not huge but big enough and there's a nice diningroom enclosed. There are bar-deals each night incl. free stuff, but as off the alcohol you are not allowed to bringing your own alcohol in the hostel. There's no free wifi but that makes the people talking to each other - so real good atmosphere.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »