Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

1949 Total Reviews

My ratings for this hostel are all over the place but that's cause it depends on what your priorities are. If you want a hostel where you can eat breakfast and meet people to go adventure with that day in the common area, you won't have much luck because this is a pretty bare bones hostel with just the necessities. Common area is small, no bar, no rooftop lounge..none of that cool charming hostel stuff.

• 30th Dec 2014

Stayed here for one night and the price was very competitive. The room and the bed were very nice but no wifi in the room. Bathroom was a bit grotty but ok. Good location, very nice staff. Would stay again

very bad evironment tiny room with bad facilities no hot water in the room for shower

• 27th Dec 2014
  • China

Good hostel. Close to the subway and it's in a good area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

This hostel was really great. I came in completely exhausted and very early from a red eye flight, so the attendant put my suitcase in an easy to find place. When I came back from having lunch, everything was ready, my luggage was easily accessed and I was able to take a very nice nap. I also got upgraded from the 8 person room to the 3 person room for my 6 night stay. It was very nice. The location is great, very close to the MTR and easy to find from the bus from the airport.

They put us in a under construction floor only our room was "ready" so we have to deal if a lots of dusty, noise and the bathroom was disgusting. We even had to deal with the cops! That went there because the neighbors complained about the noise and no one of the staff went there to solve the problem.

Not fancy, but functional.

• 25th Dec 2014

We booked a private room, so were given a room in another building across the street. It meant the atmosphere was not great, not really anyone to meet, not great kitchen/ lounge facilities. We could have used the main common area across the street though. Room was not particularly clean. Great location though, and pretty good value for money.

It´s OK No breakfast well located. We stayed in a private double room with bathroom for 2 nights and it was OK

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The room was tiny. The hostel is dirty and smells bad. It is hard to sleep and the beds are not comfortable. Not the place if u want to sleep or take a good shower

You get what you pay for. But beware, posters appeared during my stay informing guests that the hostel was operating without a license and guests may be refused access to the building. Other than that great location, helpful staff and good value for money.

good location, really nice and helpful stuff. 24 hours check in.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

Really kind and helpful staff. Easy to talk to on the phone.

One of the best places to stay in hong kong , the price is great and whats even greater is the location !! Its amazing ! Just in the heart of vibrant hk and may be 30 seconds from causewaybay metro station :D although i really liked the place however there were some problems that i really hope they can solve : firstly , the dorm for 6 persons was incredibly small !secondly the electric sockets werent good at all and the reception doesnt have adaptors,apart from that the place is very cool :D

Great hostel with great location, friendly and helpful staff. It would be better if there is the heater in room for winter.

Ms. Amy is so accomodating and friendly. we will surely stay there when we visit Hongkong again this year.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Philippines

When first entered, the customer service was very good and made me feel welcomed, the room was ready right away and clean. Very pleasant stay! Would recommend for a short trip and good budget.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

My 2nd time after almost 4 years and again fully pleased! Last time I came here to party, this time for everything else. This hostel is good for both, as rooms are spread across different floors. This time we stayed for 1 week and have seen 4 different rooms, all small but fine! In one room I had some problems with the hot water - my only complaint besides the street being a bit loud. Folks and atmosphere are great, location too. Our first room even came with a harbour view! Go here or be square

Internet not working in the room, so I have to go to the common room, which sometimes so inconvenience. the room is okay considering its hong kong

This is definitely a good place to stay. The staff is friendly. My room had no window, so we had to air a lot, but it was good overall. The location is awesome and Hong Kong is definitely a place to be.