Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room i stayed was too bark. Need more private lights and code at each bed.

I nice hostel rooms are a little small but that is just Hong Kong staff do their best to help. great location right near the metro station.

nice hostel, great value for money and location. staff very friendly and helpful. room was not cleaned hardly at all and we were there for 10 days but we had free upgrade to own bathroom so just kept everything clean ourselves so not an issue! but clean bed sheets and towels would have been nice. facilities good but kitchen slightly lacking in cooking tools. atmosphere is great here would 100% recommend this hotel and we would stay again any time :)

Great location.

Good Hostel ! The staff is very friendly and helpfully !

Some rooms are not located in the address mentioned in the introduction, you have to walk to another building which rooms are in. The staff is very arbitrary, even didn't turn on my door card. The room seems not clean, but I can't make sure because the light is too weak. It is ok to stay one or two nights for a bed of sleeping.

HK Hostel's common area was dark and uninviting. No one was speaking with anyone else even though the WiFi was inconsistent at best. There was no AC in the common area and no air flow. The room itself was recently remodeled and clean. The room had a good AC and 3 beds. The lockers advertised were full of supplies used by the hostel and there were backpacks piled up against them. It's cheap. It's a place to stay. Lock your own bags.

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were very small (as is the norm in Hong Kong), but it was fine for our purposes. The hostel is right in the middle of tons of shopping and plenty of places to eat. The MTR is very nearby, so transportation was easy.

Every time I go to HK I stay at this hostel. It's affordable, it's located right by the MTR in Causeway Bay with lots of shops and amenities nearby. The rooms are small. The ensuite bathrooms even smaller, but when in HK you're never in your room so it's not a big deal. Great bang for your buck!

I have stayed at this hostel's dorm room before and relatively satisfied with the facilities. This time, I stayed at the private room (two beds) and the room looks like a jail. It was relatively clean but not comfortable. The staff took us to the room didn't speak English at all. Probably won't stay here again, at least not at the private rooms.

My only qualms with this place was that the wifi was absoutely terrible. In our room (6th floor), there was no wifi unless you had the common room door open. Despite telling this too the staff, we were yelled at in Chinese for propping the door open during our wifi congregations.

Booked a single room shared bathroom, got a single room en suite for no extra price which was good (this is not the first time this has happened in HK). The place is clean, I can't say much about the atmosphere as my room was in a different block (also common for HK), but the location is great and that's what you're paying for. The bed was also very very comfy (in comparison to the solid beds you get in other Asian countries). Would recommend for a short stay if you just want a place to sleep.

Overall good service, clean, comfortable and location great. The only thing I would say is that the hostel did not get our reservations right which we paid for and they put us four blocks away in the wrong type of room for three nights!

• 26th Mar 2015

We stayed in hotel for 2 nights and really loved the stay. We reached at midnight but still got the rooms and check in done without efforts. It's in the city and was easy to commute to other places by local transport. Friendly and helpful staff on counter. I will reccoment it to my friends and will stay at same place again when I visit Hongkong.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • India

No atmosphere, very small and cramped communal spaces. Staff assistance is minimal at best. No engagement, poor understanding of guests needs, told to wait whilst they completed minor tasks before being served.

• 25th Mar 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. The 3 bed dorm I stayed in was small (common for Hong Kong) and the bathroom was tiny. Good location near Causeway Bay metro station and the local area has many bars and restaurants. Overall, not a bad option at all for those on a strict budget.

Great hostel for the price. We were 6 people and they provide room for us with toilet and shower. Staff was helpful and helped us all the time. Thanks!

Tiny bed which was hard as a rock... Definitely not designed for western people! Staff was not really into having any conversation

Great place.

• 17th Mar 2015

Brilliant place to stay, the staff were great, the place is really clean and it's really easy to get out and about around Hong Kong! Thank you guys, I had a great time! The only down side was the slow and intermittant wifi - but I guess I should learn to live without social media at tmes anyway!