Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great place.

• 17th Mar 2015

Brilliant place to stay, the staff were great, the place is really clean and it's really easy to get out and about around Hong Kong! Thank you guys, I had a great time! The only down side was the slow and intermittant wifi - but I guess I should learn to live without social media at tmes anyway!

The staff was not very helpful when it came to answering questions, you better ignore them. Besides that it was ok.

I was supposed to check in at 6am but was delayed at the airport so I got there by 9am. Couldn't check in cuz I wasn't on their list(??) so I had to wait until 12 to check in. When I finally were allowed to check in they had changed my reservation from a 8 bed dorm to a 4 bed dorm, which I didn't really care abt but they never told me abt it. And my bed wasn't ready so I had to go to the reception again and ask them to clean my bed which I had to wait another 2 hrs for. Not the best service..

The Staff is very kind. The room is fine in such class of hostels in HK. However the wifi doesn't have strong signal inside the room.

Our stay was very enjoyable! The staff were friendly, the location was great and the room was comfortable and clean.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great location in Causeway Bay and near a sub station. The room was tiny with 3 beds cramped in, but had a decent common area

Hongkong hostel has the best location for me. It is very accessible and very cheap. Will def come back here!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

We were happy overall with our stay. The location is excellent and very close to the subway. We had a private room and it was very clean. Coffee and tea were offered in the morning.

A great hostel in Hong Kong. It was my first time in Hong Kong and the staff made me feel welcome and were there to help. I booked the 8 bed dorm but was put into a 3 bed room for the same price, and I stayed for more days than I had booked for and they were cool with me paying at the end. Decent common room to meet people and kitchen to make your own food/tea/coffee. Great location round the corner from underground station and 24hr store. There's a hostel cat which makes himself known to all

advertise a kitchen but have one rice steamer. place was filthy. cobwebs in the shower, whole place was grimey and had cats running around. im severely allergic to cats and had to fight to get one out of my room that decided to hide under my bed. paid the 4 nights but ended up using the place just to store my bags. refused to sleep there.

I was in a single private en-suite. Clean room, good location, helpful staff. However, One night i returned to find a random person sleeping in my bed. Turns out he was given my rooms key instead of a communal bunk-bed room. The situation was solved quickly, yet perhaps better co-ordination at reception could avoid this. Apart from this incident, great stay!

The staff were friendly and helpful. I booked an 8 person dorm but they ended up putting me in a really small 3 person dorm. There were road works going on outside every morning which meant I couldn't sleep at all. The social aspect of it isn't the best, however I did make some good friends in the end. The location is really good as its only 2 stops from central.

Everything was clean, tidy and well funtioning. According to the price I think it's quite good value.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hong Kong Hostel proved to be much better than I expected. I stayed in a single room. It was clean and the design pleasant and colorful. The common room is nice and lively painted. They serve hot beverages for free in the morning, which was a very nice surprise. The best part is the position. I stayed in HK for one week and never used the subway or a bus. You can walk anywhere from the hostel. If you don't like to walk the subway is just behind the corner anyway.

• 3rd Mar 2015

I only used this as a base to sleep, it was great for that. A little hard to find at first, but their directions are good, follow the directions!

The hostel is direct near the causeway bay subway. It is a really good location. It is good located for day trips. You have all necessary connections around the hostel, included the airport shuttle bus station. The only negative comment is, that the hostel has no good atmosphere in the lobby. Maybe if they put some couches there instead of the high bar tables. But if I will be in Hongkong again, I will be definitely stay there.

There seemed to be a spillage at the water cooler outside my room that was cleaned up by something smelling very strongly of chlorine. That evening and night I didn't really want to stay in my room because it smelt very chemically.

Location is amazing and that's what you're paying for. It's about what you'd expect for the money in Causeway Bay. Tiny, room not cleaned once the week I was there, and once or twice strangers wandered into my room with a keycard that seemed to unlock all the rooms on my floor.

• 21st Feb 2015

Good hostel at an excellent price for Hong Kong. Easy to find -- there's only one door labelled "47 Paterson St", which leads right to the lifts (the building's other doors have different street numbers). It's also a very short walk to Causeway Bay MTR.