Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Stayed at a Hostel in the Mirador Mansions and then decided to come here, huge difference. It is definitely a cleaner and safer place to stay at. I stayed in a couple of different 8 people mixed dormitories and found that depending on the room you are assigned to you can have quite a bit of space or just a bit tight of a room. Either way I highly recommend this hostel, you get to meet great people and have a great Hong Kong experience. It has an awesome location too. I would stay there again.

I enjoyed my stay in Hong Kong Hostel. Dorms are clean. Bathroom is also clean. I would recommend this place. Much better than mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Hey as long as it's not the Chungking mansion, right? This hostel is pretty cool. Nothing extraordinary, but it's in Hong Kong so that's nice. The dorm rooms are small (3 people) which is nice if you have cool roommates. Big-up to Allan, and T, I lost your Whatsapp man, add me again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

This place is equal parts good and bad. The female staff are very willing to help with your requests. The boss, a Chinese man in his late 40s with black rim glasses, is not friendly at all. My friend wanted to switch private rooms because the room was not what she ordered and had no working AC, and he was not even willing to look if there were cancellations. We had to complain for an hour before he finally relented. In his own words, "This place is not a 5 star hotel!". Keep this in mind!

This hostel's greatest strengths are it's location and relatively reasonable price (for Hong Kong anyways). I met some really cool people while staying at the hostel and liked how active the (tiny) meeting area was at night full of people hanging out. The biggest complaints about the hostel is the fact that the lobby was not air conditioned so it was unbearably hot (Hong Kong is sweaty sticky and AC is kinda s must) and the fact that the dorm I was staying in always smelled like burnt hair.

Good place to stay and you can find the hostel atmosphere at the rooftop lounge. It's expensive for a hostel, but you can't expect anything different in HK. But if it doesn't happen to you, it's a nice choice of hostel.

Good location and value

We enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient and easy to reach from the airport. Through connection to tons of busses, trams and the metro right across the corner getting around from causeway bay is as easy as it gets. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything worked out great. Unfortunately, we did not get a room in the main building of the hostel. Yet the other building is very close. But there is no community area, hence you don't get to know other travelers while there.

• 20th Jul 2014

I was delayed a little with my check in time but the staff were very apologetic and even gave me a free towel and were very facilitating. The location is close to perfect being close to Central and TST too.

• 18th Jul 2014

V good. Double room is small but AC available. Room in different building

On my next trip to HK, I will probably stay elsewhere. Great location, and helpful staff, but toilets were constantly broken (not sure if this is there fault, as they said it was a city mandated water turnoff? Or something rather...though they COULD be used just had fill the top bit with water first...), and rooms were quite small (maybe 2-3ft away from the bed next to you). Didn't find it that clean either.

This place is good but is always full so be careful If you want to stay more nights because they will ask you to leave because everything is full.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Ecuador

The staff were very rude and unreasonable. They need to learn how to be more welcoming. The bathrooms needed updating and the also the rooms. Every time I opened the curtain all the plaster would fall off the wall onto my bed.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great place to stay, staff helpful, room was clean and aircon working, right in the centre of Hong Kong Island, I'd definitely stay there again! Thank you very much!

The hostel, like many in HK, is separated across several buildings and floors. The common area is small and cramped with a bad kitchen space and no food storage facilities. Staff were good enough.

Staff is nice

The room was great with strong wifi on all levels of the building, but the staff were a bit unhelpful. Was told check-in was okay at 7am but turned up to be told it was at 9am then when I came back it was moved to 10 am. No social events organised by the hostel staff so be prepared to organise your own events with fellow travellers.

I discovered that it is best just to buy a hotel in hong kong. It actually isn't that much more expensive. The hostel was the nicest hostel in hong kong but that isn't saying much. My toilet didn't work. However, the wifi did. They have two buildings I think. The elevator sometimes didn't work or was painfully slow. It also weirdly only goes one way on some floors. The staff were decently friendly and they gave me a free drink. So that was nice. Again though.... just stay in a hotel.

I BOOKED THIS HOSTEL IN ADVANCE, BUT NOT ENOUGH. SO I COULD ONLY BOOK ONE NIGHT OF JUL 10th. THE STAFFS ARE CONSIDERATE AND THE BOSS IS VERY ACCOMMODATING TO VISITORS. ALTHOUGH I COULDN'T SUCCESSFULLY BOOK THE SAME ROOM TWO MORE NIGHTS OF JUL 11th&12th ON INTERNET, I CAN STAY AT THE SAME ROOM AFTER EXPLAINING. AND IT IS SO KIND OF THE BOSS TO HELP ME STORE MY LUGGAGE. I'LL COME BACK IN MY WINTER HOLIDAY.

Went to Hong Kong for the china visa run. This hostel is close to the China Resources Building so perfect if you're coming to HK for that reason. There's a great supermarket with fresh fruit and veggies nearby. It was really hot out but the room was clean and had AC and great water pressure in the shower.

• 8th Jul 2014