Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The office and hang out area is very cluttered, but the room was very clean. Simple room but nice. The location to other things is wonderful. 24hr Grocery store across the street and lots of good restaurants in the area. I would definitely stay here on my return to Hong Kong.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Overall pretty average, there are much better places in Hong Kong. Location is OK, close to the subway, but there are better locations and the satelite rooms are away from the main building. hard beds, rooms need a bit of attention and a refurb. Some Staff should try much harder in dealing with guests. Small kitchen area and lounge in the main building is a real bonus in Hong Kong, overall Ok at the right price, but could be much better.

The room was scary, dirty and look like we are the only one who lives there. The apartment was very old, poor maintenance. Overall, we were not comfortable and never stay in this hotel again.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Indonesia

Good place to say for what you pay. Don't expect too much and it will be fine. Location is good. I stayed in a 4 person dorm which was down the road from the actual hostel. It was basic but fine. Had decent bunk beds, aircon, lockers, toilet and shower. Very close to the underground also.

Could be cleaner. People smoking in toilets and in common rooms. No ventilation. Air con turned off at midday. Great location and lively staff

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The common area is rather small but workable. I was there one night and the hostel is close to the Chinese embassy where I was changing my visa. The only negative was the hostel cat meowing at 8 am. Otherwise, it was a great stay!

The staff on my floor get angry because we didn't speak Chinese (maybe if you have a hostel in a tourist city, in a very tourist area, maybe... some people won't speak Chinese) my room was in a different building than the common area (no convenient) the door of my bathroom couldn't get fully closed

Stayed in private room with a very comfortable bed. Great location with easy access to many shops and the mtr station

I was only in Hong Kong for 1 night, all the other guest I met were friendly. The staff were very friendly and helpfull, I will stay again next time I am in Hong Kong.

as what comments stated..horrible WIFI and hot dark lobby area with limited kitchen facilities

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I was in the main building so it was easy to meet people and nice atmosphere in the common room (although hot). A/C in the room was divine. The location was perfect. Easy to access food and transportation. Though it is clearly an apartment building and the other residents do not approve the hostel.

great accommodation, central, close to all due to good public transport.

nice rooms, bed was comfortable - not too noisy, good location, 2 minutes from MTR, big lockers.

A very bad experience. The location is brilliant, but besides that it got nothing to offer... The team is not helpful what so ever, the AC didn't work even though they said it will be working... Being in Hong Kong with no AC can get pretty bad... I couldn't sleep at all! I order the 8 beds room and got the 6 beds room instead, I thought they gave it to me from being nice but then I understood that it was becouse of the fact that there was no AC... Don't go there it's the worst hostel in HK...

Bad experience. Bad service and everything seems messy and not clean. Bad smells, rooms are not properly cleaned. Staff is not caring and border in the line of agresiveness. The rooms are too small to share and the building feels as if its falling down. They asked me to turn off the AC because it couldnt be on all day while I was in the room during a very hot day.Wish I would have known all these because in the site it seems like a decent place. Worst hostel experience so far.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Maybe you could describe in your describtion, that the towle, etc. is not for rent, but available in turn for a deposite. "Rent" in my definition is a fee you have to pay but not get back....

I travel a lot, but this hostel was the worst, I ever seen. the staff was unfriendly and absolutely not informed.no towels other amenities in the rooms. But you can buy everything, not even just borrow.The rooms are totally overpriced.The breakfast, which was supposed to be included, consisted of coffee from 8-10am.never ever again.

Hotel was fine. Good location. Accomodation basic. Okay if on a budget but worth shopping around. 7/10

Hostel is affordable. Good location.... I like that hostel...

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Philippines

pile of hair on the sofa on entry. bathroom light and fan not fixed even though I told them twice. told by staff bus to airport takes 40 minutes (took 1 hr 10 mins). told by staff ferries to Macau & attractions wouldn't be affected by public holiday (they were). they took the sofa out of my room one night?! most people come here for a visa run so it was a struggle to find people to do the touristy sights with. good location if you want to shop in Prada/ Burberry otherwise i go more central.