Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Strategic location with friendly receptionists...

Very good place and price. Staff were considerable. The toilet in room was very clean, and I had a comfortable hot shower there.

Bed is too short for a tall people. Airco is too cold. The best thing is the lower price then average, and Amy, the girl in the counter who helped us a lot.

• 7th Jun 2014

There was good WiFi coverage in terms of networks that were available, but most of them were not connected to the internet, which made them useless.

• 7th Jun 2014

Reception on 3rd floor; room on 10th so no interaction with staff/fellow guests.

The reviews of this hostel are pretty mixed, and a mixed kinda place it is. Amy is very friendly but the lack of running water one morning and the total absence of a door between toilet and room put a dampener on things. Unless you like listening to your bf/gf taking a dump.

location is good and very convenient to me, but the air-condition in my room was not working and the toilet was not stopped making whining noise

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Sam and the other staff at the hostel are just awesome. Very nice, very service oriented and happy to help. I was also very happy with Victoria park located just one block from the hostel. Great place to excercise and to spend some leisure time. Great value for the money.

• 5th Jun 2014

We really appreciate that they gave us a room upgrade. The price itself was really cheap for an overnight stay. The area was really close to the Causeway bay MTR, shops and restaurants. It was nice of them to give out complimentary drinks and they even have a water dispenser outside of the rooms.

Amazing social scene :) thumbs up for it!

• 4th Jun 2014

I would like to note that I did lose a few (fortunately not valuable) things. The staff had also reserved the wrong dates (i.e. not the same as the dates I booked through Hostelworld), though I discovered that they had made a mistake in time and found alternative accommodation for the affected nights, so in the end it worked out for me - but make sure to doublecheck the dates they have reserved for you when you check in. That said, considering the location, it's great value for the money.

Great! : )

Stayed here for a couple of days for transit purposes, and it was a good choice for the price. The rooms may be a bit small for most foreigners, but not too bad in HK. Most of staffs were nice as well the rooms and facility yet it also differs from floors. I would say the shared bathrooms needs some cleaning and fixing up though you will get by. If you are a backpacker or looking for some things to do and get to know people, this place is the environment for that.

• 31st May 2014

Overall, my stay was ok. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm; it was clean (even had tv), but was very small. My only complaint is that bunk bed was squeaking loudly with every move. Staff was super nice and friendly and common area is really nice and spacious. I read some complaints about WiFi, but I didn't have problem. They don't organize many activities, but they have leaflets with information about different things you can do. Location is good; close to metro and easy to reach from the airport.

Few bathroom, cold water, toilets were broken and dirty. A lot of guesthouses in the same building

They really need to work on wifi. There was none in the room and barely any in the common room. I had to stand close to the door just to get a good signal.

This hostel has gone downhill somewhat. My room had a broken toilet which would automatically flush every 30 seconds. This made sleeping problematic. I told the staff but they didn't care.

I like Hong Kong Hostel, it makes me feel safe and is well located. The staff is always very kind.

Very helpful staff. I arrived early in the morning when the check-in is not available, but they tried to help me to check in as ap, they arranged me in a guest house in the opposite building, it is a very nice, quiet and safe apartment with a kind granny.

Awesome location, friendly staff, clean facilities. For Hong Kong, it is an incredible value. Highly recommended