Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We stayed 1 night in the hostel and were put in a dorm in a separate building. The beds weren't very comfortable, the room was ridiculously hot and the toilets didn't flush (you had to spray the shower head into the toilet bowl to flush it). Needless to say that we had a pretty terrible sleep. The location was the hostels redeeming factor as it is situated directly in the centre of Hong Kong's main shopping district.

-The room 506(5A) was in another building (Vienna mansion). The other residents don't seem very thrilled with a hostel in the building. - Noisy and very audible walls & doors. Not exaggerating at all. Size of the room - 8 feet/8 feet. Definitely not for Claustrophobic folks. - The drainage system is the worst. If anyone uses the washing machine nearby, the whole bathroom floods up. It was really gross but I had no other option. Have stayed in many hostels but never left a negative review before

The rooms are actually in different building when you book the 8-person dormitory. I had a good stay nevertheless.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

It was a nice and affortable hostel in Hongkong. The neighborhoud was cool and easy to reach by subway. The staff was nice and all facilities needed were available. They upgraded me to another room. Happy! :D The atmosphere was not amazing, like a fun hostel and there was no wifi in the rooms. Hostel was totaly okay for just a couple of nights.

Not super easy to find, but the folks around Hong Kong were helpful and the woman at the airport told me which hotel shuttle bus to take (free) that would put me a five minute walk from the hostel. Like everything else I found in Hong Kong, it's tiny. Room was small but I was out most of the day, so it didn't matter. Staff was very nice and friendly. Would stay here again for sure!

• 13th Oct 2015

Great location

Excellent location ..The bus stop to the airport , bus to China train 2mins, Underground 1min, Bus stop 1 min. I've stayed at the other top hostels in HK and this location beats them! The staff are very welcoming and show you to your room. The common area is the right size...very comfy and everyone ends up interacting, unlike a bigger hostel with spread out common areas. This is Hk, so space is limited unless your willing to spend top $$. Stayed 7 nights instead of 1...will certainly be back..

basic Hong Kong set up. a little cramped but clean and colorful. free coffee in the mornings.

I enjoyed the stay very much the stuff was friendly and kind I met a many nice people there I would go there every time

I actually got placed in a dorm in the next block of buildings, not the at main hostel. Not much of an atmosphere but the room was clean, spacious, good hot shower and WiFi worked.

Friendly staff who were very helpful, room was very clean, good atmosphere in common area to meet other travelers and the hostel was in a good location of Hong Kong. I stayed in the main building in a dorm on the top floor.

• 9th Oct 2015

Very good location in the shopping district of Causeway Bay 2 minutes away from the metro (Exit E) and tram, a large 24/7 supermarket is also right nearby. Friendly and helpful staff. I had a small refurbished single room with a nice large but somewhat short bed, a huge flatscreen tv, own airconditioning and a decent small bathroom. There could have been more hooks or storage for clothing and more sockets and some corners where a bit dirty but overall a very nice place to stay for the price.

Very friendly staff

• 6th Oct 2015

The room was OK. The location was perfect, very near a lot of food places, shops and subway station.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Really disappointed with this hostel. We arrived in Hong Kong a day earlier than expected and couldn't get a booking here as was fully booked so stayed in yesinn hostel for one night in a 9 bed dorm. Didn't book yesinn at the start as thought a 9 bed dorm would have been very cramped but this wasn't the case, yesinn was clean, spacious and had good facilities. In Hong Kong hostel we were moved out of the main hostel, our room was dirty and we had no facilities at all in our building.

We would stay here again. Location was great, easy access to Metro and airport bus.

This was tmy second time staying at this hostel, and they are just so helpful, and the service continues to be awesome.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

The Owner helped us out by upgrading us to an ensuite bathroom after long travels. we even booked a few extra nights there as the location is awesome!

Great value hostel in a good location in Hong Kong.

Friendly staff and lovely cat. Handsome is my favourite cat. He's so adorable. :)

• 25th Sep 2015