Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This hostel is great value for money as Hong kong is expensive amd the location is great. The facilities are basic but clean. We only for a private room with shared bathroom but was upgraded to a room with an ensuite. The main issue I found was with the staff, they were polite but did seem annoyed if asked questions. They also told us the scanner was broken and wanted to charge 7hkd per page to do scan for us. It turns out the scanner was fine.

The hostel is enclosed in between the concrete jungle, with hogh rise biilding on all sides. Not much daylight seeps through. My room did not have window and was very small, standard for Hong Kong. There is basically no kitchen and only about two forks and a spoon. It is very dark and stuffy inside the hostel. The only advantage is it is cheap and located in the centre district.

We gave this room to you as we want to upgrade you to 3 Bed dormitory which is higher in value. If you prefer bigger dormitories, you may request a change of room which is always welcome. Your room is near to our common area which consists of a small pantry with some simple cooking facilities (electric cooking pot , rice cooker and mircowave oven).hopefully next time if you have any requests please come to us directly and we will try our best to help you. Thank you. Regards, Hong Kong Hostel

Great hostel in an absolutely perfect location! Staff is really nice, wifi is really good (despite the reviews), clean beds, good bathrooms. What else do you want in the center of HongKong?

The toilet and the shower were not separated. The place was a little unclean.

• 9th Jun 2015

staff need customer service training.... very rude and unprofessional.

I gave a low mark for facilities just because the WiFi was so bad, and also the toilets seemed to always be out of toilet paper, but otherwise this was a really cool hostel with a great locaton and a good vibe.

Thanks for your comment and support. We will improve on the areas that you mention. Hope you will come and stay again. Thanks and enjoy your coming trip! Regards, Hong Kong Hostel

Great location if you like shopping and exploring the city. It's close to the Victoria Park and the HK Central Library. Easy to get around and get food. Staff are pretty friendly and are capable of speaking multiple languages. Depending which floor/room you get, cleanliness and atmosphere will be different

Internet kept dropping out.

• 27th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Good location but kitchen needs some cutlery

Toilet paper should be stocked. Guests should be advised that our private rooms were being accessed to change the bins on a daily basis.

This was my second stay here -- it's the best value for money among HK hostels (Kowloon, no way). If you value "charm", look elsewhere. But for convenience -- central location, clean beds, flawless wifi, efficient and friendly staff, and many options (if you wish to extend your stay, switch to a different room etc) this is an amazing deal in an expensive city. 24-hour supermarket, tram and metro stops just downstairs. I come to HK every year and for this price I'll keep staying here.

The location is actually quite easy to find, but I got lost on the first day. The price is unbelievably affordable, and I would gladly return to live here. The only complaint I would find is the speed and receptiveness of the wifi.

Would like if it was easier to find. Have the name of the hostel posted outside and maybe a sign point to the right direction near the bus stop.

• 20th May 2015

Lack of communication between the main oFfice & remote building across the street. There is a much less expensive & much faster bus route I.e. Bus # A11 but no reference on the hostel website & email confirmation.

I liked this hostel so much that I changed my booking from one night to five. Nice rooms and an amazing location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 16th May 2015

I had a good time at Hong Kong Hostel and intend to return there again.It is very easy to find and the transportation is close.

We had a great time in this nice place. The staff was friendly and helpful. We strongly recommend this hostel perfectly located.

• 13th May 2015

Great location, friendly staff and average hostel. The common area wasn't very clean and just in general it's an expensive hostel for what you get. That being said it is Hong Kong and everything is expensive! I don't think I would stay again but I will say it was a decent place to sleep so stay here if you want budget accommodation and are planning on spending all day out!

The wifi was very spotty and unreliable, but the location was prime and bedrooms nice

• 12th May 2015
  • Poland

Good enough :-) Nice atmosphere :-)