Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in two different rooms during this time. The first night I arrived very late - so Sam put me in a double private room instead of a dorm so I wouldn't wake people in the dorm up; without charging for that upgrade. Another female traveler came back later and joined the double room. No problem. The second room was a 3 bunk female dorm - the bathroom in that room leaked into the room a bit because the door didn't close properly. It was also rather dark in the room; needs another light.

we had a good experience. The hostel could improve a lot by improving the atmosphere. I did not feel always comfortable.

First things first, this place is hard to find. It's on the third floor of an office builing in a very busy shopping area. The people in the nearby buildings have clearly HAD IT with people coming in asking for directions. Do a google street view and double check what the area looks like before you get there. You might be sleeping in a different building though. You're getting a bed and a shower --You need your own towel, lock, and adaptor. (thogh it's HK, you can get these things easily)

The wifi/internet is not really working

• 29th Jan 2015

Due to the location i.e. Causeway bay, the commuting experience was not a burden to pocket. There were lot of facilities in the hostel, but the kitchen seemed so small that one has to wait out until the other has done his work. Overall, the total price of stay quite cheaper as compared to many other hostels and moreover the cheapest in the Hong Kong Island. I recommend the avid travellers to take a look at Hong Kong hostel.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • India

Fantastic location. It was very easy to get to the hostel with the bus from the Airport although directions listed are slightly unclear. Staff was friendly (especially Amy) and so was the resident hostel cat Hanson, who is an adorable grumpy blob of fur. Beds were very comfy, be prepared for the usual early-morning rush for the bathrooms (only 3 on our floor - 6/F), wifi was non-existent. Overall good value for money!

The hotel is in a good location. Comfortable beds as well as rooms. We got a recently refurbished room which was good, however a construction worker had free access to our room which made it feel a bit unsafe. Overall a good choice and highly recommended.

A really great hostel with friendly staff and at a brilliant location. The room was great for us, a young couple with a lovely shower and comfy bed. It was quiet on our floor which was really good for us, the wi-fi was brilliant and the staff were really helpful.

• 26th Jan 2015

I've stayed in this chain of hostels every time I've been to Hong Kong. Location is great and the price is good as far as hostels in Hong Kong go. Common room is small but it's a sociable place. Only real downside this time was the wifi: absolutely no connection in the room and the connection in the common area was rarely working properly.

Very friendly hostel with small but comfortable rooms. I needed to stay an extra night which was easily arranged with no fuss. Would rate higher if the wifi worked in the rooms as well as the communal area and wasn't so patchy.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Slept in an 8-bed room. Very comfy, cozy and spacious. Had an ensuite pantry with microwave and thus was very convenient for preparing light snacks and meals. A plus since the room was in a separate building from the reception. Great value for money and great location.

The Hong Kong standard is different from other backpacking cities. There is no place to cock or to do landery and the rooms are often very small. Hong Kong hostel had tiny rooms (witch is impossible to avoid if you choose to stay in hostels) you shower at the exact place as you go to the toilet. By that I mean there is no special space for showering, you can go to the toilet and at the same time shower. The hostel was in a nice, calm place in the city but not close to the main attractions.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Super good location(1min from the Metro), room was a bit humid and there were ants on the floor haha Dint really bother me though. The room was clean. Our bathroom water flush didnt work one day (dont know why) and bathroom kept smelling bed from the drain hole

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect location for those who loved shopping and city life. Easy to ride around city close by subway, bus. Lovely staffs are here for sure.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

The location really lets this place down. Staff were very friendly and helpful, but it's so far from the city the only thing you can do is walk along the "private beach" (can be accessed by anyone and is covered in stony sand so not an ideal spot for sunbathing) which is very close or go to 西岛(west island) there are no decent restaurants around, and the locals looked very shocked to see a foreigner. We went for the expensive room with a sea view but the view was obscured by buildings.

It's practically the best you can get for a hostel in a city like Hong Kong.

Staff weren't helpful and the wifi is terrible at this hostel.

Rooms were clean, lockers provided in all rooms. Staff upgraded me to a better room when I arrived. Location was excellent, and directions to and from airport were awesome. Staff also spoke pretty good English, making it really easy to ask questions about where to go. Overall a really good hostel for the money.

• 16th Jan 2015

Very clean. Great Location. Friendly and helpful staff. Internet is fast but drops around every 10 minutes. Showers in the private room are required to be manually turned on 15-20 minutes before you shower and the hot water comes from a local tank meaning a shower can only be about 10-15 minutes. We had two people in our room so we needed to wait 20 minutes, one shower, then wait 20 minutes again for our partner. Shower system needs to be updated. Overall, great bargain. Highly recommended.

What really made the stay special to me was the staff. When I realized that I did not have enough currency exchanged to take the train (and make it to my flight on time) the owner exchanged it for me even though they do not usually exchange Taiwanese money. That really saved my rear.

• 16th Jan 2015