Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The staff have made the best of mediocre facilities but would recommend it and would happily stay there again

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Location perfect , price is ok but Cleanliness could be better

• 26th Sep 2014

Doing a bit of construction at the moment, but it's not loud and doesn't disturb anyone; there's just some supplies piled in the hallway. Room is clean, but small, but it's Hong Kong, so that's to be expected. Common area is small, but a good environment for hanging out with other travelers.

A nice hostel in a central part of HKK. A strange layout to a hostel as it is in a residential building and the dorm room was a little cramped for luggage space but overall the place was clean, it had a basic kitchen which was handy and free tea and coffee in the morning. Staff were nice and helpful.

Staff is super unfriendly and I felf uncomfortable after I read the sign at the front door which said that the hostel is illegally operated, because the hostel rented several apartments in a residential area, but since they own several hostels in this area, I didn't have another choice than to stay there for the night. But at least - it was very clean and very central.

• 24th Sep 2014

Nice little area to meet people and make friends by reception

Great value

Hello, I have stayed at Hong Kong Hostel recently when travelling in China. I was very pleased. Hostel is in great location, its quiet, our room was not big but fitted the purpose of sleep over. Amenities close by. Overall great place to stay, great value for money.

The hostel wasn't great compared to other places we've stayed for the same price. We were moved to another building which had 'better wifi' but walking into the lounge of that apartment was like a communal room with about 8 bunk beds and by the looks of it no AC. The lady I charge of that apartment was nice and friendly, I can't fault her. We were just expecting a but more for our buck in terms of room size and the bathrooms. Only rated cleanliness low because a cockroach came under the door.

Very bad wifi

while I really really enjoyed my stay here I felt many of the day shift staff were either were either very rude or otherwise unhelpful to myself and some other guests. One of the staff actually took it upon herself to yell at my friend for sleeping on the couch while waiting to check in. night staff was cool tho.I stayed in a private room but i know many ppl who complained that the 9BED dorms were very loud and hot bc of all the ppl. location makes it worth staying here tho.

Nice place. I did however stay in the threeman dorm from the photos. Some nights alone, so they tried to move me. Other rooms were rather small and cramped so I politely declined to move. :-) 24 hour posh supermaret with deli cross the street. Cute cat. 100 meters to subway. Stuff to improve: If not locks on the bathroom accordion doors at least give them some nontransparent covering. Could see in if so inclined. Aircon in the common room would be nice. Was quite stuffy.

The location was great near the hostel have 24hours supermarket and close to metro i already recommende to my friend who go to Honkong this week

• 8th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Decent place, great location close to everything. The room we stayed in was a little small for 3 beds but it was good value for the money

Room cleaned daily, friendly staff, they upgraded me to a nicer room for free since they had space. Definitely a solid choice for a brief stay in Hong Kong

Very central location, and cheap. The rooms were a little noisy, and the beds were creaking a lot.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Good place for some days!

Gooooooood!!!excellent location

Welcoming and friendly staff, just a few minutes to MRT Station Causeway Bay and Bus Stop from/to the airport. 7/11 and big supermarket round the corner. Comfortable beds,lockers provided. Rooms on different levels, and not very spacious, but thats Hongkong. Electricity (therefore AC) doesn't work when no one's in the room, so no device-charging and room cooling possible while you're absent. Bathrooms small (toilet/shower in the same room), but clean. I enjoyed my stay, would come back again.

The location was really great (just right next causaway bay) but the rooms were not so clean and the price is compared what you can get for just a little bit more, too high. But if you like the typical back-packer-hostel atmosphere, this is the right place to be. And it was awesome that we got a free upgrade and therefore a private bathroom! :-)