Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Good location, close to Causeway Bay MTR and shopping complex. Lots of food around, Wellcome supermarket is across the road. Easy to find. Bulding is old. I was staying in a 3 bed female dorm and the room was very small. Private shower and toilet are clean. Double bunk bed is squeaky, mattress is a bit thin. Would be good to have reading light. Would not mind staying here again just because of the location.

They are nice people and the location is great. It is clean, the room are quite small, especially the double room. I would not say the kitchen is well equiped. Except that it is good.

• 20th May 2014

It would be good if WIFI is available in the bedrooms as well. Otherwise a neatly run hostel.

Everytime I went to Hong Kong I book this hostel, because localization is near subway station, shop, ...

At the beginning we booked a 3 bed dorm for me and my friend, and when we got there we got upgraded to a private room instead which was pleasant. The location was also good, close to the shopping district with easy access to the MTR and lots of good food around. However, the bathrooms were quite dirty, all of them were clogged, and mouldy black grime build up on the bathtub curtains was just disgusting. Lastly, wifi did not work in the room at all.

This was a great hostel, and bigger than I thought it would be. Only problem was the TV not working, I asked a few times for them to fix it but they didn't. However, I would visit this place again next time I'm in Hong Kong. Great location in Causeway Bay!

Rooms were small but they had everything you would need (lockers, space for bags, hot showers, good bathrooms, clean). Our room seemed to be in the storage area though so we didn't have wifi in the room. We could go to the common area but it was burning hot, so staying there for more than 10 minutes was impossible. Staff was awful. The simplest requests were treated with anger, disdain, or indifference. Stay here if you need a bed and nothing more.

Value for money..

• 17th May 2014
  • India

No wifi in room 2 Fighting in the lobby is not professionnal... Amy is a very good professionnal staff girl !

Location is goooooooood!!

• 16th May 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic location. Nice place to stay at.

• 14th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Internet no good, bathrooms so so, no proper common areas to hang out. Also they commonly increase rates when you try to extend your stay. They wanted 190 instead of 130 HKD from me. Stayed there and now at Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY, only 5 min apart. Yesinn is way better. Go there.

• 14th May 2014

More hangers please

The hostel was very clean and the host/hostess was really helpful, kind, and polite. The hostel location is really great for those who like shopping and enjoying Hong Kong lifestyle as it is located in Causeway Bay the heart of Hong Kong.

wc too small

• 13th May 2014

Calm, clean and convenient!

• 13th May 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a great time! We didn't stay in the main hostel building, but in an apartment in the building across the street. Basically we had a dorm, our own common area and a basic kitchen. Location is good, but in a quite expensive area. However the MTR is only a few minutes away which makes it easy to get around and visit other parts of the city. Chill atmosphere, very social and easy to meet other travelers.

Spent 2 nights here for a business trip. Simple, clean room on a great location, at a very reasonable price.

• 12th May 2014

Advantages: great location in Causeway Bay, close to MTR. Great security with key cards and lockers. Friendly, helpful staff. Great common area. Free Wifi. None of the Chungking Mansions sleaziness. Air-conditioned dorms. Suitable for people of all ages: I met people freshly out of college and some in their 60s and 70s. Disadvantages: Wifi only in common area/reception area. Common area is not air conditioned and can get quite muggy in the hot weather; there are fans, though.

Very friendly staff, excellent location and clean room.

• 9th May 2014