Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A bit pricey for a bed in a dorm but there isnt much other choice in HK main island anyway. Facilities are good, staff is helpful, but the dorm room is a bit humid due to the bathroom being in the room. Do the pub crawl!

I was very unhappy with our stay at the Hong Kong hostel. The building was old and not well maintained. Our door would not lock to our private room, we had to explain to the front desk staff but they did not speak English so we had to mess with it ourselves. I would not recommend it to any other guests.

One of the staffs called Amy was so nice!! I would definitely stay there again while I visit Hong Kong .

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

ok place for down town hong kong. The hostel is not easy to find and there are postings that the hostel is illegally installed in the building. The price is cheap for the city but do not expect to much. It is an old building but is is clean and a good we have not found a better one in the city.

We had a good stay here. They own different buildings. Friendly staff at the reception who will bring you to the other building. Doors are well locked. Room is small, but it's clean and the beds are good. During our stay they placed a tv. We had a shared bathroom which was also clean. Don't expect too much, but if you only want to sleep it's ok for the price. Also close to the subway which is easy and cheap to use.

• 1st Apr 2014

Location is just perfect, staff very helpful, room was clean, but don't have socket to charge phone or something and air was stuffy even with AC turned on ( the beginning of April, not very hot outside) .

Good stay in Hong Kong. Compared to other cheap places the best!

Large room in a great part of Hong Kong, very close to the subway. Excellent value for money. On the downside, the walls are paper thin and the WIFI barely worked in my room. I will stay here again.

Thanks for a great week, and letting me borrow the guitar! Cheers. Loved the room, the balcony and the water view.

• 30th Mar 2014

Hostel staff were very helpful. Facilities are fine, but there are a number of broken appliances which they are probably not even aware of. The A/C in the main dorm room I was in, for instance, and the cable TV connection for the common area in the private room I subsequently moved to. I am not complaining, just fairly sure management is unaware of it.

Awesome location, Awesome price. Nothing else you can ask from a Hostel. Excellent place with people from all around the world staying here as well.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Guam

The internet access is not good in some of the buildings. There are a few buildings used. The main office building was ok for internet

• 28th Mar 2014

Great hostel, friendly reception, great to meet new people and very clean! If I'm ever in HK again I'll be staying here!

Staff are great. Got a free beer and water on arrival. Really appreciated. Incredible location on Hong Kong island. Great WiFi and computer access. Beds clean with locker storage. Hot water too. Best option for Hong Kong. Great value too. Beside metro and across from wellcome supermarket for cheap meals and beers. Will stAy again

Fantastic experience, located right in the heart of Causeway Bay. If you're here for the 7's this is the only place to stay!

• 26th Mar 2014

The hostel was easy to find, the atmosphere is actually average, but totally understandable for HK. The room was clean, hot water in the shower and free maps for tourists. The owner was very friendly and I enjoyed my short stay there.

The directions provided after getting off from the A11 bus need to be clearer. The reception was pleasant enough and the staff speak adequate English, with a free bottle of water upon arrival. The room had a lovely view with large windows, however in general it was run down and the shower had to be held as the holder was broken with the water running continually cold even with the water heater on. I would probably go elsewhere and pay a little more if I was to return to Hong Kong.

Excelent location, easy to get to everywhere around city :) really helpful staff and a beautiful cat :P

always a pleasant stay whenever I'm in HK.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Philippines

FACILITIES ARE OK AND STAFF IS VERY NICE AND HELPFUL.