Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We really appreciate that they gave us a room upgrade. The price itself was really cheap for an overnight stay. The area was really close to the Causeway bay MTR, shops and restaurants. It was nice of them to give out complimentary drinks and they even have a water dispenser outside of the rooms.

Amazing social scene :) thumbs up for it!

• 4th Jun 2014

I would like to note that I did lose a few (fortunately not valuable) things. The staff had also reserved the wrong dates (i.e. not the same as the dates I booked through Hostelworld), though I discovered that they had made a mistake in time and found alternative accommodation for the affected nights, so in the end it worked out for me - but make sure to doublecheck the dates they have reserved for you when you check in. That said, considering the location, it's great value for the money.

Great! : )

Stayed here for a couple of days for transit purposes, and it was a good choice for the price. The rooms may be a bit small for most foreigners, but not too bad in HK. Most of staffs were nice as well the rooms and facility yet it also differs from floors. I would say the shared bathrooms needs some cleaning and fixing up though you will get by. If you are a backpacker or looking for some things to do and get to know people, this place is the environment for that.

• 31st May 2014

Overall, my stay was ok. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm; it was clean (even had tv), but was very small. My only complaint is that bunk bed was squeaking loudly with every move. Staff was super nice and friendly and common area is really nice and spacious. I read some complaints about WiFi, but I didn't have problem. They don't organize many activities, but they have leaflets with information about different things you can do. Location is good; close to metro and easy to reach from the airport.

Few bathroom, cold water, toilets were broken and dirty. A lot of guesthouses in the same building

They really need to work on wifi. There was none in the room and barely any in the common room. I had to stand close to the door just to get a good signal.

This hostel has gone downhill somewhat. My room had a broken toilet which would automatically flush every 30 seconds. This made sleeping problematic. I told the staff but they didn't care.

Stayed at the hostel for two nights while applying for Chinese VISA. Location is perfect and around everything. Many places for eating and drinking around and walking distance from shopping malls and many convenience stores (and an awesome super market). Atmosphere is really nice and rooms are clean and extremelly confortable. The girls that work in the hostel are extremelly friendly but the owner or helper (which is an old guy) is not friendly or helpful.

I like Hong Kong Hostel, it makes me feel safe and is well located. The staff is always very kind.

Very helpful staff. I arrived early in the morning when the check-in is not available, but they tried to help me to check in as ap, they arranged me in a guest house in the opposite building, it is a very nice, quiet and safe apartment with a kind granny.

Awesome location, friendly staff, clean facilities. For Hong Kong, it is an incredible value. Highly recommended

Good location, close to Causeway Bay MTR and shopping complex. Lots of food around, Wellcome supermarket is across the road. Easy to find. Bulding is old. I was staying in a 3 bed female dorm and the room was very small. Private shower and toilet are clean. Double bunk bed is squeaky, mattress is a bit thin. Would be good to have reading light. Would not mind staying here again just because of the location.

They are nice people and the location is great. It is clean, the room are quite small, especially the double room. I would not say the kitchen is well equiped. Except that it is good.

It would be good if WIFI is available in the bedrooms as well. Otherwise a neatly run hostel.

Everytime I went to Hong Kong I book this hostel, because localization is near subway station, shop, ...

At the beginning we booked a 3 bed dorm for me and my friend, and when we got there we got upgraded to a private room instead which was pleasant. The location was also good, close to the shopping district with easy access to the MTR and lots of good food around. However, the bathrooms were quite dirty, all of them were clogged, and mouldy black grime build up on the bathtub curtains was just disgusting. Lastly, wifi did not work in the room at all.

This was a great hostel, and bigger than I thought it would be. Only problem was the TV not working, I asked a few times for them to fix it but they didn't. However, I would visit this place again next time I'm in Hong Kong. Great location in Causeway Bay!

Rooms were small but they had everything you would need (lockers, space for bags, hot showers, good bathrooms, clean). Our room seemed to be in the storage area though so we didn't have wifi in the room. We could go to the common area but it was burning hot, so staying there for more than 10 minutes was impossible. Staff was awful. The simplest requests were treated with anger, disdain, or indifference. Stay here if you need a bed and nothing more.