Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

1948 Total Reviews

Hostel is the great area, people is friendly.

Building are separated throughout the street but all within footsteps. I'm low maintenance and this hostel had everything I needed. Staff is nice too. Communal area is a bit small, but it makes it that much more cozy

There were cockroaches everywhere, they didn't clean the room very good and when I first arrived somebody had put out a sigaret in the drinking cup in my room. They smoked in the staircase and you could smell it in your room. One morning there was a lot of water flushing from behind the toilet. Wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone! Besides, a sign in the hall said the hostel was run illegaly.

Might not be as great as hostels in some other cities in Asia but in Hong Kong context this must be one of the best if not the best hostel to stay if you're budget-conscious. Staff is nice, people who stayed were nice too. Facilities are good considering that space in Hong Kong always comes at a massive premium. All in all highly recommended for those who want to enjoy this great city but are on a budget. Oh And one last thing about this place: LOCATION! Simply unmatched in this respect.

Overall, it was very nice.

Hope the common area with the counter has aircon, it will be then a more condusive area to stay and drink coffee.......

• 29th Aug 2014

The lady on the reception was fantastic, she was very helpful with information on the best way to get around HK

We had booked two beds in an 8-bed dorm but were pleasantly surprised upgraded to a 4-bed dorm which was great. Reception is on the 3rd floor, we stayed on the 6th floor where you get a scan card that opens into an apartment with heaps of little dorms inside which are swipe card access only. Great atmosphere downstairs in reception, space to mingle and meet new people :) Only negative would be that the toilets didn't fliush properly and you had to fill up the cistern using the shower head...

good enough for the price

• 25th Aug 2014

The common area was small but clean and the staff helpful and friendly. However the beds were rock hard and possibly the worst I have ever slept on. The ensuite bathroom was too small and the room and bathroom were very dirty and not cleaned once during my stay. The toilet was also broken and the staff did nothing to fix it despite asking for 2 days. When I asked to extend my stay they also refused to let me pay at the same rate and charged me headline rates. I would be unlikely to stay again.

Lack of space. Washrooms are small and dirty. Separate buildings make it difficult to meet people. Wifi and AC was not working properly. I understand that some of these factors cannot be changed do to the location of the hostel but if I use the other hostel that I usually stay at as a benchmark (few blocks down), there is a significant difference in quality. You should gain best practices from then to improve your hostel

I'm booking hostels for several years and honestly think didn't ever have a bad experience like this. The room was very small, during all day in my room the toilet made the flush noise, so couldn't sleep at all. That's for 3 days. Told it to them and made nothing, so I went away one day before and booked on other hotel for last night. They even refunded me.In add all little thing you had to pay.(like a print of a sheet)

Very clean and nice hostel. Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay and next to Victoria Park where people make sports every evening! Even very close to public transport (subway, tram). Highly recommended!

Nice stuff, cheap and good.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Israel

위치 진짜 좋고! 직원분들도 친절합니다. 5일 묵었는데, 딱히 나쁜점은 없었어요~ 굳이 뽑자면 샤워기 수압 약한거랑, 에어컨이 약한게 살짝 아쉬웠네요.

Great Location on HK island and near Subway, Tram line and Bus stops. Right in the fashion shop area. Nice clean rooms with lockers and some extra niceties and decent aircon. The hostel is split across buildings but that's normal for HK and don't expect big rooms. I would stay again.

Well, there's not much choice in Hong Kong so, I guess it's fine. There's not much atmosphere especially if you're in a different building from the one with the reception (because the hostel, as every hostel in HK, is split into different buildings on the same street, close to each other). Although, as I stood in another building, I noticed it was far cleaner than the main one. Wi-Fi works fine, bathrooms are ok and security is good, regular lockers as expected. The best thing is the location

Really nice hostel to stay at, friendly staff and good location. Would definitely recommend this place!

I definitely recommend staying here. Easy and cheap trip from the airport. Great access to many key Hong Kong locations. Friendly staff. My bathroom door seemed a bit broken... But it still worked. Besides, 1. that was just my room 2. Most hostels don't give you your own bathroom

• 2nd Aug 2014

Our room had a horrid stench when we arrived. We figured out that here was a fridge in the hallway that hadn't been cleaned since it's been there. We bought some fridge refresher for it ourselves. This helped with the smell. The fridge also then stopped working half way through our trip. The staff also tried to charge us for an extra night before we left because they made a mistake about how many nights they thought we were there for. Even though we paid for the correct number of nights.

• 1st Aug 2014