Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient and easy to reach from the airport. Through connection to tons of busses, trams and the metro right across the corner getting around from causeway bay is as easy as it gets. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything worked out great. Unfortunately, we did not get a room in the main building of the hostel. Yet the other building is very close. But there is no community area, hence you don't get to know other travelers while there.

I was delayed a little with my check in time but the staff were very apologetic and even gave me a free towel and were very facilitating. The location is close to perfect being close to Central and TST too.

• 18th Jul 2014

V good. Double room is small but AC available. Room in different building

On my next trip to HK, I will probably stay elsewhere. Great location, and helpful staff, but toilets were constantly broken (not sure if this is there fault, as they said it was a city mandated water turnoff? Or something rather...though they COULD be used just had fill the top bit with water first...), and rooms were quite small (maybe 2-3ft away from the bed next to you). Didn't find it that clean either.

This place is good but is always full so be careful If you want to stay more nights because they will ask you to leave because everything is full.

The staff were very rude and unreasonable. They need to learn how to be more welcoming. The bathrooms needed updating and the also the rooms. Every time I opened the curtain all the plaster would fall off the wall onto my bed.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great place to stay, staff helpful, room was clean and aircon working, right in the centre of Hong Kong Island, I'd definitely stay there again! Thank you very much!

The hostel, like many in HK, is separated across several buildings and floors. The common area is small and cramped with a bad kitchen space and no food storage facilities. Staff were good enough.

Staff is nice

The room was great with strong wifi on all levels of the building, but the staff were a bit unhelpful. Was told check-in was okay at 7am but turned up to be told it was at 9am then when I came back it was moved to 10 am. No social events organised by the hostel staff so be prepared to organise your own events with fellow travellers.

I discovered that it is best just to buy a hotel in hong kong. It actually isn't that much more expensive. The hostel was the nicest hostel in hong kong but that isn't saying much. My toilet didn't work. However, the wifi did. They have two buildings I think. The elevator sometimes didn't work or was painfully slow. It also weirdly only goes one way on some floors. The staff were decently friendly and they gave me a free drink. So that was nice. Again though.... just stay in a hotel.

I BOOKED THIS HOSTEL IN ADVANCE, BUT NOT ENOUGH. SO I COULD ONLY BOOK ONE NIGHT OF JUL 10th. THE STAFFS ARE CONSIDERATE AND THE BOSS IS VERY ACCOMMODATING TO VISITORS. ALTHOUGH I COULDN'T SUCCESSFULLY BOOK THE SAME ROOM TWO MORE NIGHTS OF JUL 11th&12th ON INTERNET, I CAN STAY AT THE SAME ROOM AFTER EXPLAINING. AND IT IS SO KIND OF THE BOSS TO HELP ME STORE MY LUGGAGE. I'LL COME BACK IN MY WINTER HOLIDAY.

Went to Hong Kong for the china visa run. This hostel is close to the China Resources Building so perfect if you're coming to HK for that reason. There's a great supermarket with fresh fruit and veggies nearby. It was really hot out but the room was clean and had AC and great water pressure in the shower.

• 8th Jul 2014

The wifi is kinda slow comapring to my previous stays at the hostel. And the aircondition in our room is not cold enough.

I booked two nights in a private single. The overall condition of the hostel is worse compared to other HK hostels I stayed at. The rooms are noticeably older, but still clean. The value for money of the single was still excellent though. The hostel did disappoint in some areas. The WiFi was the most frustrating, it worked the first night in the room but didn't work afterwards. Additionally, the AC barely cools the room. The girl working at the front desk was great though.

I liked the freedom and atmosphere the most and the diversity of guests, age, nationlity, religion, all was there and all went along fine in the exciting Hongkong centre! Only missed that the worldcup was not shown on tv because it was too expensive... but it forced me to look outside the premises, which was fun in the end anyways, so all in all a perfect place,

Pros: Good location, right near the MTR station. Cons: Not very good for meeting other travellers, common room was tiny and had no air con. The wifi signal was really weak, was impossible to Skype family at home. When the housekeeps arrived we were just about to head out anyway so we just let her in. We saw how she cleaned the bathroom floor before we left, with a filthy toilet brush she had just used to clean our toilet! Loud pipes behind the wall right next to your bed.

Not the cleanest hostel and the lady from reception didn't help us much! But great location and fine for a short stay!

Self service kitchen can be better!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • China

I stayed in a mixed 4 bed room, very small for 4 individuals, we had our owned locker, bathroom (shower in the middle of the toilet and hand washer, thats a story to tell when you go back home lol), very poor internet WiFi signal, keeps disconnecting every 5 min. Overall you get your money's worth 135HK a night comes down to $18 so don't expect much 😎 save travels