Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

staff don't speak a word english. Hard to get any help. Impatient and sometimes rude. Only good thing is the location. I forgot my bag in the room after check-out and tried to contact without any luck...

i like the area for hanging out

“Its location in the heart of the Causeway Bay,very convenient,and the environment, facilities are very good..In a word,I am very satisfied with this hostel.”

• 17th Apr 2014
  • India

Stayed only for one night so I am not really in the position to say a lot. Having said that... I checked in at about 7:00 pm to an un-made bed. I told them that I'd get something to eat and be back in an hour. When I returned after an hour or so, the bed is still not turned, though they made it right away while I wait outside the room.

There was no reading light and no book exchange, as mentioned there would be, on website. It also doesn't mention that reception and lounge area are on the 3rd floor but rooms are on 6th floor. So you are frequently going up and down. Good exercise of course. Location description should say: entrance is BETWEEN Burberry and Aesop shops. Hostel should tell people to bring their own locks. Otherwise things were good.

Wifi patchy. Owner helpful - gave me a free room upgrade and bottle of water on arrival. There's an area next to the reception that was always popular for conversation, drinking and cards at night. Located next to the metro and tram line, in a lively area full of upmarket shops. 3 bed dorm room tiny and no natural light. Great price for hong kong.

직원은 참 친절합니다. 하지만 깔끔한 걸 원하는 분에게는 비추. 객실이 엄청 꿉꿉합니다.

Great hostel, absolutely great value for money. I stayed 2 nights in a 4 beds female dorm, once I checked that the room had no wifi signal, i just told them and in less than 1 sec the staff moved me to another building. Perfect service, wifi always working, nice, shiny and available staff. Is enough clean for being a hostel in HK and Asia. Directions to get there are good enough, tho I would say them to add a map from the A11 bus stop since ppl that never came to HK can get easily lost.

• 16th Apr 2014

The door had a knob but without bolting lock to be operated and no window fence was equipped thus the overall security level was poor. The air-con plug had poor contact problem such that we have to press the plug until a spark was generated inside the plug before the machine started to work(not safe to use!) Also the attendant was not polite to answer calls.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

it's very good location, busy area, I love it. the staff was helpful and friendly. but the facility is too old.

I stay in a apartment separated from the reception, no problem. The problem is that the apartment had 3 rooms with 4 beds, so, there are 12 people inside the apartment. And the cleaner just clean once a day the bathroom at midday, so, you can imagine the bathroom at 9pm, can you imagine the bathroom at 9am ? Amazing. The rest it's ok.

Average hostel, all about Location on Causeway Bay

• 11th Apr 2014

Small rooms, wifi is not good in rooms. Atmospher is very friendly. You can meet with alot of friends. You can use wifi in common area. Its very near to MTR . Its very easy to go to AirPort with bus 11 that bus station is very close to hostel.

Nice hostel, very good location. Just have to improve the WI-FI connection and some of the staff could be a little bit more friendly.

Generally good. Good location.

We've been travelling around Southeast Asia as budget travellers and this was definitely the least nice stay. But hey, this is Hong Kong, where space is spare and very expensive, so I guess the place is ok. Although some small changes would make it a nicer hostel, like to clean up the communal room (6th floor) and put some nice(r) furniture... Staff and facilities are okay (although wifi does not always work on the 6th floor) and the location is good.

I had a great time in the HongKong Hostel and I met a lot of really nice people there! The atmosphare was amazing and the staff was unbelieveble helpful. I definitly know that when I come back to HK I will stay in the HK Hostel!!!

Its a GREAT hostel. Will definitly book this hostel again. Staff was great as well, June was altways very helpfull!

I love Hong Kong Hostel. I mean, it is in the heart of the Island and it is reasonably priced.Everything worked well for me and I enjoyed my stay in the hostel.

staff was very nice... the manager even gave us a room for all my friends and I even tho we booked seperated. He was a very nice guy. The hostel was across the street from the reception but very centric. I will highly recommend the hostel.

← Back to search results