Hospedaje Vista al Mar Reviews

Francisco Vivar, 1337, Puerto Montt, Puerto Montt, Chile

One of the greatest place I have stayed in during my trip in South America. The family-run hostal, delicious breakfast (fresh fruits!), helpful owner, very clean room and bathroom, excellent Internet connection, beautiful view from the balcony and good location. I would definitely come back.

Excellent breakfast! As with many places in Chile, I was woken up by barking dogs, but it wasn't as bad as some places I've stayed.

• 21st Apr 2014

Great place to stay in Puerto Montt! Nice view over the city, about 10-15min away from the bus terminal, city center & Angelmo. Eliana was very welcoming and provided us with all the information we needed. Breakfast was good & we felt very comfortable while staying at her house. RECOMMENDABLE!!!

A very friendly home-stay style hostel. The hosts were very friendly and helpful, even with the language barrier - my Spanish is very poor.

Calm, clean place with very friendly staff. Great breakfast!

Very friendly and helpful family. Unfortunately the single room is incredibly small so not to be recommended. Locationis located outside of the city centre but PM ddoesn't feature any major interest either.

Hospedaje Vista al Mar is a very nice place to stay!!! It is very clean and the family who owns the Guesthouse is really very friendly. The breakfast is also very good with a very big choice of lots of different kind of food. The rooms are very cosy as the whole atmosphere there. This family really cares about their guests and they can give you lots of useful advises for other trips in the area. You feel like beeing a member of the family. If I return to P. Montt I definately stay there again!!!

Absolutely wonderful. This place is in a quiet part of town and is about 15 minutes walk from the bus station. I used this hostel as a stop over in puerto montt on my way to patagonia and it was a very quiet cosy place to relax and get my bearings after travelling around central Chile. Puerto montt is not a great place to visit but anyone who is passing through and needs a place to stay should stay here. The lady who runs the place is lovely and provides a mighty feast for breakfast.

Very nice host Great view over Puerto Montt in a quiet location

Very nice location - we would stay anywhere else in Puerto Montt. The lady from the house is very friendly and helpful. Beds are nice, the place is clean and breakfast is good! Thanks!

Only possible confusion was that we could only pay in Chilean dollars where our booking indicated that credit card facilities were available. We drove our 4X4 vehicle to here and had off street parking provided ...excellent value.

• 8th Feb 2014

we stayed here for two nights as a base for visiting puerto varas and the surrounding area of the lake district. the owner and her husband made us feel completely at home. the rooms were simple and very clean. the house itself was charming, made of wood and our room had a great view of the port of puerto montt. eating breakfast in her kitchen was like being at home. they also let us us park our rented car in their driveway for extra security. very helpful with information on what to visit .

• 6th Feb 2014