Fabulous 117 Total Reviews
Fabulous 117 Total Reviews
Hostal Cuija Coyoacan Located at Berlin 268; Col. del Carmen Coyoacan, , Mexico City.
Mexico
Mexico City 04100 Berlin 268; Col. del Carmen Coyoacan
89% 117
19.3552022 -99.1650223
    Rooms available

1st Jan 2017
8.0

Positives: Great location to museums and central Coyoacan. Charming hostel with garden and roof terrace nice breakfast Areas of weaknesses: not a place to meet people (stayed there for two days) not a party hostel, a more serious hostel about 15 minute walk to Metro Overall, I would book again.

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
7.7

The hostel had some nice people working there, pretty friendly but I really wish that they knew some English. Me knowing some broken Spanish made it easier to communicate with them but not easy. The toilets need to be cleaned more often, and the faucet on the sink near the men's dorm looks like its about to break, fix it please. Otherwise, it was a nice hostel with nice complimentary breakfast serving something new everyday.

29th Dec 2016

The hostel is beautiful and very clean, lots of common spaces... But it really needs to enforce quiet hours. The 3 nights I was there, 2 Argentinians were yelling in the common area right outside the dorms (while there are 3 common areas isolated from the dorms) till 3am!!! They couldn't care less when we asked them politely, twice, to keep it down because one of us had to get up at 5.30. Seriously I've done a few wild party hostels and they were not nearly as annoying and loud as those 2!

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
27th Dec 2016

This place is located in an amazing house full of art. The house is clean, beautiful, with fast wifi, great outdoors, and very comfy furniture to lounge in. The 4-bedroom dorm is tiny and it got very cold at night. I wish the trash in the bathroom got emptied more frequently because TP had to be disposed in the trash cans rather than flushed and it started smelling after a while.

• USA, Female, 41+
23rd Dec 2016

1. I usually stay at a Hilton when I travel, lol. I picked this hostel bc of its high marks for location/cleanliness/security/service. My stay exceeded expectations. 2. Hostel is a 15-min walk to the Coyoacan Metro stop, parks, a market, a supermarket, a small mall & a large bakery & the Frida Kahlo museum. Taxi from the airport is ~mx$250 3. Bring earplugs bc neighborhood dogs & cats all night. Bring warm clothes for sleeping & maybe a book light. 4. Bring yr Spanish-spkg A-game.

• Australia, Male, 41+
18th Dec 2016

This is more luke a BnB than hostel. It is awsy from noise of city centre however an easy metro trip to anywhere in Mexico City. I can recommend this hostel highly enough. I have stayed in ovet 100 globally. The only place l would stay in Mexico City. Totally Clean, Secure, Comfortable and easy walk to cafes, parks, museums, shopping centre and metro.

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Nov 2016

The staff was very accommodating of my late arrival and change of plans. The location is in a nice residential neighborhood two blocks from the Frida Kahlo museum, past some nice cafes.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Nov 2016
6.3

Honestly was a bit put off my this hostel, the staff mistook my booking as for 2 females instead of 1F and 1M, even though it was clearly marked on hostel world and my gender was marked as "male and female". Anyways, ended up having to share a queen size bed with a man I didn't know very well because they "upgraded" us to a suite. Come the morning and we went downstairs with 8 minutes of breakfast left and were denied by the cooks at first... Overall not super impressed with the staff/attitude.

1st Nov 2016

Great location! I'll be happy to stay here again.

29th Oct 2016

I was really happy with my stay. The staff is really kind and helpful and accommodating. the atmosphere is really relaxed. I felt home.