Hostal Cuija Coyoacan

9.2
Superb 138 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

I was happy to had the opportunity to meet people and take a look on the town. Is a wonderful and colorful place. I hope to visit again.

• USA, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

A beautiful spot! I have stayed here 3 times and would stay again. The rooftop terrace is beautiful and the staff are very welcoming. Love the neighborhood, lots to do and in a great location.

14th Apr 2017

I LOVED my stay at Cuija Coyoacan. The location is incredible and the staff are super friendly. I felt very safe in the neighborhood as well as in the hostel. We were staying in a private room and it was clean and very comfortable. I would 100% recommend staying here and will probably stay here again on my next trip to Mexico City.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
26th Mar 2017
5.4

Our room smelled musty and mouldy. The bathroom window opened to the garbage storage, when we discovered this, we immediately closed it, only for it to be opened later by the cleaning personnel while we were out. The bathroom was dirty, rusty stains on the wall and hairs in several places. It was also obvious that there had been mould in the past and it had been painted over. We also both came home with gastroenteritis. Coyoacan is a nice part of Mexico City, but choose another hostel.

23rd Jan 2017

I have stayed at many hostels around the world and in Mexico and this one is top notch! Even though it is located in the southern suburb of Coyoacan is is well situated to Cento Coyoacan, restaurantes, mercados, shopping centrers, cinemas, and the Coyoacan Metro Station. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Even with my only functional espanol I could communicate and ask questions. The included breakfasts are lovely and there is a washing machine available for 40 pesos. Highly rated!

20th Jan 2017

This is a very nice hostel, with more of a bed and breakfast vibe. It is quiet, well decorated, safe, in a great location, 10 minutes walking from Coyoacan center and about 15 from the closest subway. The hosts were very helpful and nice. Breakfast is home made. There's also a very nice sun terrace and a very nice garden in the back.

1st Jan 2017
8.0

Positives: Great location to museums and central Coyoacan. Charming hostel with garden and roof terrace nice breakfast Areas of weaknesses: not a place to meet people (stayed there for two days) not a party hostel, a more serious hostel about 15 minute walk to Metro Overall, I would book again.

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
7.7

The hostel had some nice people working there, pretty friendly but I really wish that they knew some English. Me knowing some broken Spanish made it easier to communicate with them but not easy. The toilets need to be cleaned more often, and the faucet on the sink near the men's dorm looks like its about to break, fix it please. Otherwise, it was a nice hostel with nice complimentary breakfast serving something new everyday.

29th Dec 2016

The hostel is beautiful and very clean, lots of common spaces... But it really needs to enforce quiet hours. The 3 nights I was there, 2 Argentinians were yelling in the common area right outside the dorms (while there are 3 common areas isolated from the dorms) till 3am!!! They couldn't care less when we asked them politely, twice, to keep it down because one of us had to get up at 5.30. Seriously I've done a few wild party hostels and they were not nearly as annoying and loud as those 2!

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
27th Dec 2016

This place is located in an amazing house full of art. The house is clean, beautiful, with fast wifi, great outdoors, and very comfy furniture to lounge in. The 4-bedroom dorm is tiny and it got very cold at night. I wish the trash in the bathroom got emptied more frequently because TP had to be disposed in the trash cans rather than flushed and it started smelling after a while.