Hostal Luz de Luna Nuyoo Reviews

Avenida Juárez No. 101, Zona centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Not so well located, rooms and toilet dirty and dark, breakfast definetely poor and cheap. The worst thing has been that they ask us money to leave our bags just for 2 hours... First time I heard such a thing in a hostel! Negative experience, definetely.

The location of this hostel was great. It was just a few blocks away from the city center making everything easily accessible. I also enjoyed being able to get a good night sleep at this hostel since after 10 the staff asks that guests be respectful of their noise levels. I stayed in a single room for 5 nights so having my own room also definitely helped me get that good night's sleep. Wifi doesn't work great in the rooms but if you go out to the center patio it works perfectly there.

• 5th Apr 2015

The Hostel was clean and in a great Location. Also the staff was friendly, when we needed some help. But we didn't like the fact, that there are only two toilets if you are in a dorm (one whit no top wall). So you have no privacy...also the hostel will not subtract your deposit from your final bill, which made a lot of guest angry!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

I had a really nice stay. It gets quiet at around 10 pm, so you sleep well. There are dogs and cats and yes they have hairs but the guys clean every day. The breakfast is nice but simple. Met nice people there and had a pleasant stay. Would stay there again! :)

Nice little hostel with a chilled atmosphere. Good location near the Zocalo. The hammocks are a great addition.

You need more toilets - and if there must be an ensuite, please put a roof on it! Also, some bunk beds had no ladder to clime up... good location, functional kitchen.

Beautiful hostel great courtyard and hammocks. Staff very friendly and helpful. Mixed dorm was comfy and quiet by 10 policy us nicely on our short stay. No computer but Wi-Fi worked fine. Showers good, breakfast simple.

Great location. Beautiful interior. Has all you need. Kitchen, showers with hot water, fast wifi, clean beds etc. Inclusive two adorable cats and two dogs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Definitely a good place to stay.

This was one of my favorite hostels ever. I didn't want to leave! If you're looking for a place to relax and meet some nice people (plus three dogs, two cats, and two turtles), definitely stay at Luz de Luna. Eduardo, the owner, and the other staff are so friendly and helpful. The courtyard is a perfect place to unwind in a hammock. Yes, there are quiet hours starting at 10 since Eduardo's family lives onsite, but I really appreciated the peace and being able to sleep. I miss it already!

Nice and cozy :)

The patio is really nice, the rooms not.. Not enough showers, stuff pretty uninterested.

I had a very pleasent stay at Hostal Luz de Luna. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very nice and calm, with good relaxed music in the background and some realy nice and friendly dogs and cats. The little calm inner courtyard full of plants, a small fountain and two hamocks was very inviting and relaxed. The hostal was clean and save. Wifi, a computer to check your mails, a kitchen, a simple breakfast, drinking water. So i can absolutely recommend this place(-:

Pro's: good location only a few minutes away from Zocalo. Good internet and hot showers!! (very positive!!) nice relaxation area. Con's: poorly equipped kitchen. dogs and cats live there (allergies!). my bed sheets didnt seem very clean. not enough bathrooms.

The hostel gate requires a code that changes often. If you forget the code(or don't know because they changed when you are outside), you need to phone them because the receptionist cant see you(if at all they are near the desk). Hostel staff are nice but don't really care much. Not much atmosphere there. I left and went to casa angel which is a few quids more but way better.

Very friendly staff! The standard is what you could expect from a cheap hostel, but the place is clean.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Nice place in a nice location with a nice staff and excellent atmosphere! I would recommend everybody!

• 1st Dec 2014