Hostal Luz de Luna Nuyoo Reviews

Avenida Juárez No. 101, Zona centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

You need more toilets - and if there must be an ensuite, please put a roof on it! Also, some bunk beds had no ladder to clime up... good location, functional kitchen.

Beautiful hostel great courtyard and hammocks. Staff very friendly and helpful. Mixed dorm was comfy and quiet by 10 policy us nicely on our short stay. No computer but Wi-Fi worked fine. Showers good, breakfast simple.

Great location. Beautiful interior. Has all you need. Kitchen, showers with hot water, fast wifi, clean beds etc. Inclusive two adorable cats and two dogs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Definitely a good place to stay.

This was one of my favorite hostels ever. I didn't want to leave! If you're looking for a place to relax and meet some nice people (plus three dogs, two cats, and two turtles), definitely stay at Luz de Luna. Eduardo, the owner, and the other staff are so friendly and helpful. The courtyard is a perfect place to unwind in a hammock. Yes, there are quiet hours starting at 10 since Eduardo's family lives onsite, but I really appreciated the peace and being able to sleep. I miss it already!

Nice and cozy :)

The patio is really nice, the rooms not.. Not enough showers, stuff pretty uninterested.

I had a very pleasent stay at Hostal Luz de Luna. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very nice and calm, with good relaxed music in the background and some realy nice and friendly dogs and cats. The little calm inner courtyard full of plants, a small fountain and two hamocks was very inviting and relaxed. The hostal was clean and save. Wifi, a computer to check your mails, a kitchen, a simple breakfast, drinking water. So i can absolutely recommend this place(-:

Pro's: good location only a few minutes away from Zocalo. Good internet and hot showers!! (very positive!!) nice relaxation area. Con's: poorly equipped kitchen. dogs and cats live there (allergies!). my bed sheets didnt seem very clean. not enough bathrooms.

The hostel gate requires a code that changes often. If you forget the code(or don't know because they changed when you are outside), you need to phone them because the receptionist cant see you(if at all they are near the desk). Hostel staff are nice but don't really care much. Not much atmosphere there. I left and went to casa angel which is a few quids more but way better.

Very friendly staff! The standard is what you could expect from a cheap hostel, but the place is clean.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Nice place in a nice location with a nice staff and excellent atmosphere! I would recommend everybody!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has a nice patio and cheap rooms. But the staff is uninterested, the owner himself is rude. I read the negative reviews on tripadvisor, but assumed it wasn't that bad. But now I can confirm these reviews, so ignore his false attempt to safe his reputation. This hostel is the worst I stayed at during my six month travel (and I'm not very demanding).

• 8th Nov 2014

Amazing chill hostel, really friendly people and I had a great sleep.

We stayed in the hostel a few nights, everything was fine. What was really remarkable was the guy from the reception. Juan was very helpful and nice. He gave us his honest meaning about tours and alternative ways to organize things. Juan is somebody every backpacker is looking for!

Great little place a few blocks away from the main drag. The staff is really friendly and the hostel offers inexpensive tours (most 150MX), fast wifi, laundry pick up from the hostel, hot showers, baggage storage, and a nice interior patio hangout spot with good music. The kitchen leaves room for improvement, but no big deal. Would stay here again. :)