Hostel Amigo Reviews

Isabel la Catolica #61 col. centro Z.C, Mexico City, Mexico

Dorm should be ventilated more, as I was staying for quite long time and one room had really bad smell all the time. I was able to change the room, but it is not supposed to be like that

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Lithuania

The bar tender was truly awesome and made our stay very enjoyable! We met a few travellers although it seemed very quiet in the hostel. We had a private room with a shared bathroom. All facilities were kept very clean and tidy. We loved our room and the Lucha Libre tour!! Great start to our Mexican adventure. A day trip to Teotehuacan was also well worth it- it was easy having a tour and bus agent in the hostel!

Very friendly staff, central location, early evening party atmosphere, quiet at night.

Pros: -Safe place to stay I recommend it. -Easy to make new friendship with other travelers. -Offers good tours Cons: -On 8 beds mixed dorm there is only a little sunroof. -Yo no se :)

• 18th Mar 2014

Staff is not as friendly as I expected, facilities lack of details, such as parking lots or maybe they should advice yoou about where to leave your car. There are no reading lamps, plugs near beds, noise may disturb you while you are trying to have some rest. There was a light outside the room that woke me up at 6 am trough the space between the door and the roof. But, breakfast was quite good. You've got to improve. Also, there should be hand washing soap at the bathroom.

The hostel had character. The staff were fantastic and helpful. The bathrooms were a little older and hit and miss and the rooms that were on the first floor got the noise from the common area and bar downstairs so hard to relax and chill at times. However it's loccated in a fab fab location right in the historic downtown area and not far from the metro stations. I'd visit again if in Mexico City....

WiFi dropped out all the time. Good location. But on a busy and noisy main road. Can be hard to sleep because of the noise

Breakfast was good, staff were mostly helpful. The security was a bit lacking though. Front door to the hostel can easily be left open and was on several occasions. And the first room I was in also didn't lock. In a good area close to the Zocalo and metro lines.

Great location, safe and calm place. Very nice!

• 1st Mar 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, good facilities and mostly clean. Breakfast was ok too. Really above average Wi-Fi, in all floors. I would really recommend it. It is much more calm than a usual hostel, good option if you want to do the touristic tours or just chill.

• 21st Feb 2014

Great hostel in Mexico City. Located in centro historico staffed by many great and helpful employees with only one exception señor bloque de pene. Ill never forget what you did to me señor. All jokes aside. Great hostel but beware that the "bar tender" is more of a salesman than a bar tender.

• 20th Feb 2014

Security: attach a mechanism to the front door so it closes automatically as once a person leaves the door remains open Atmosphere: there is a games/breakfast room with beanbags for people to chill out and relax which is great and a bar to have a drink and get to know to know other travelers or the great barman Gerardo who was very nice and welcoming

Great hostel! Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Awesome location! Only 5 mins walk from the Cathedral. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The bar is great! Relatively quiet while I was there, but still great to hang out in the common area. I highly recommend his hostel! Realy social vibe!

NO AIRPORT PICK UP! It's a OK hostel BUT I feel tricked. I booked 3 night because it's written the free airport pickup is provided. I called them for the detail about the service and I was told there's no airport service. So i wrote a letter to Hostelworld to tell about the situation. Few hours after I got a letter from Hostel Amigo said they do have airport service. When I arrived I called for the service, and the reception said the taxi will arrive in 20 mins. The taxi never came!!!

The hostel location is great and the stuff are friendly and helpful. my only complaint is the noise, there are no quite hours and the slightest sounds can be heard echoing in your room. Many times I was awaken in the middle of the night around even 3am by people talking outside the hallway. If the hostel enforces a quite hours rule that will add a huge value to it in my opinion.

I booked a day early and they let me crash for the night until the next day when I checked out. Pretty cool of them.

We arrived really early in the morning and the staff were great at helping us, even though we couldn't check in yet. Our room got very cold at night, drafty windows. Breakfast was good. No real social area to sit, except downstairs but TV was always blasting. Great location, 5 minute walk to main plaza, but no bars nearby. Good kitchen facilities.

The communal area and most of the rooms don't have daylight. A bit noisy, as in the rooms you can hear all the noises from the communal area. Beside that it's OK.

Positives: Location is good, right in the centro district and far away enough to be not too noisy. Most staff had good recommendations and directions + good English & really fun new years eve dancing! Hostel organises tours to important sites (even though booked out when we arrived) Negatives: Towels were not included as per advertised. No air in rooms due to no windows Floors in rooms were not cleaned daily No outdoor area (indoor area was always dark and gloomy - not much of an atmosphere)

• 27th Dec 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel. The location is very central ( in the historical part of DF) and the bathroom is very clean! First night we stayed in a bedroom a bit noisy and I would just recommend avoiding the bedroom in front of the breakfast area ( early in the morning the cleaning staff started organizing and made lots of noise). Breakfast was very good ( with beans, soup, eggs, bread, coffee, etc) and staff was very helpful. I would definitely go back there.