Hostel Erottajanpuisto Reviews

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Great location, less than 10 minutes walk to the train station and the shops, restaurants, museums.. The staff was really helpful and friendly (especially Kuldeep!). It's a one of my favourite hostels, great value, great wifi and really clean. Definitely recommend it.

The hostel is only a ten minute walk from the train stations (you can catch a tram, but why miss out walking past beautiful shops). 2 minute walk to supermarket. Staff are lovely. Kitchen has good facilities. Shower had a lot of space. One key for a 6 bed dorm, but system seemed to work well. I used the locker for personal belongings and always locked my back just in case. Wifi is the best I have ever had in a hostel. Bar next door is good for a meal and cider.

Very good location, less 15 minutes walk from Kamppi. Receptionist was really nice and kind and the room was clean.

Good location, friendly staff. Quite expensive, but well, it's Helsinki. No atmosphere really. Otherwise a nice and cozy place!

Lovely stay, friendly staff and great hostel atmosphere without it being a "party hostel".

Very nice , friendly staff. Location is great with only a ten minute walk to the centre. Quite a basic hostel but very clean and cosy.

They were really strict on the no noise after 11.

Decent place for sure, however I find the room key set up a bit frustrating and quite insecure, considering anyone who rings the buzzer is let upstairs. Also room 12 really needs the lock fixing. None of the girls could open it, hence I awoke several times to the sound of a key in a lock and was the only one who seemed to be bothered about getting up and opening it for them (apparently they couldn't work it out...). Otherwise, nice hostel, good staff and good location!

I spent a week at this hostel while at the World Junior Hockey Championships. It is in a good location just a 10 minute walk to the central station. Hostel was clean and well staffed. Laundry service was really good. Kitchen is nice and in the center of the hostel and makes a nice little spot to meet people.

My group of 6 stayed at this hostel for 11 nights - we were attending the World Jnr Hockey Tourney. The hostel is in an excellent location - very close to downtown & serviced by a tram line. The staff (one exception) were very friendly & helpful, making recommendations to us when we needed help. The hostel is very clean and the showers were fantastic. The only negative is the lack of a door on either end of the kitchen, especially with a strictly enforced silent period at 23:00. Overall great!

We had an extended stay at this hostel, we were attending the World Jr Hockey tournament. The hostel is in a great location, close to downtown, tram line and shopping. The staff for the most part was excellent and provided valuable assistance. It is an older place but the staff keeps it exceptional clean. One recommendation if possible, would be to have some sort of noise barrier at both ends of the kitchen, as this is the only gathering place and can get loud sometime. Overall great stay.

We had a great time in Helsinki and the hostel location was great! Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. However, there was no real common area to have a conversation and get to know the other guests. Even casual conversation or phone calls were an inconvenience to make as everyone could hear you. Also you did not receive a key so had to be buzzed into the hostel when you come and go. I did not like this as we would wait long periods of time in the afternoon to get back in the hostel.

• 25th Dec 2015

Thanks so much, we all had an amazing time and liked the hostel. It was perfect.

• 24th Dec 2015

This hostel has a good location and nice staff. It is a relatively small hostel so there aren't a lot of toilets and the common area isn't huge but it's big enough. We did have a sink and mirror in our room though which was handy. They only have 1 key for each room though which made keeping the door locked tricky.

The beds were so creaky I barely slept. For the price, I felt ripped off purely based on the poor bed. The room is large enough, good blankets, okay toilets and kitchen good. Location was great with two restaurants very close beneath. You don't get a key to your room though which I disliked. 2 of 3 staff members were very helpful.

Let's be honest, it's not an awesome hostel, but against your options in Helsinki it's pretty good. The staff were nice, the location is great, kitchen has what you need, linen provided and it's clean. The key situation really needs to be reviewed & the hostel could do with a common area other than the kitchen (couch, computers, DVDs for when the weather is bad & there's not much else to do) or some organised group tours. I would probably stay again if I returned.

I wouldn't recommend this Hostel to anyone looking to enjoy their time in Helsinki. There is NO atmosphere and the overall feeling of the Hostel is silent. I have stayed in many hostels around Europe and this rates among the lowest. While the property is OK it is very expensive and not really worth it in my opinion. There must be much better places to stay in Helsinki.

just a few bathrooms for many people. Not breakfast included even the price was expensive. No wifi on the rooms. Staff was great

Facilities were great, atmosphere and staff were average. Really basic welcome, no map or anything on arrival. Had to leave the common room at 11pm, no where else to go but outside..

The location is excellent, the staff is very very friendly and helpful. I had a great time in the hostel and would recommend it to anyone! It's very clean, quiet and they have a big & cozy kitchen. (Even a little Christmas tree in December!)

• 2nd Dec 2015