Hostel Erottajanpuisto Reviews

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

I really liked this hostel apart from two major gripes: 1 - There was one key per room, shared between all 6 people. The last person out is meant to leave it at reception, it's just really confusing and you don't actually get a key. Although the reception is 24hours and somewhere is always there, I think this is fundamental issue that could be easily fixed with key/number locks or something similar. 2 - Slightly on the expensive side, but great location and nice hostel. Get what you pay for!

The staff was incredibly welcoming and when I had to leave super early in the morning, one of then wrote me a note with a map for how to get the right bus to the airport. It helped a lot when I was walking the streets around 4am.

Good Hostel. Probably one of the better ones in Helsinki. The doors are never locked but I generally felt like my stuff was secure as there are lockers. No one seemed very keen on socialising which is not the fault of the hostel. Probably just because people use Helsinki as a quick stopover before heading elsewhere. Much better than other Helsinki Hostels I've stayed in. Well equipped kitchen and great location.

This Hostal is awesome, i would definitley go there again, there is nothing to complain about, maybe that because it is and old bulding the bathrooms and the doorms are a little bit to small but that's it.

This hostel it's very closed to the center of Helsinki and from the central station. The staff is very helpfull, if you need something. The rooms are normal, and any rooms has lockers, but not so big. The showers are clean, while the toilettes are very little with very bad small. This is the only thing I don't like about this hostel. The prices, as everything in Finland, are very high!

Just an average place to stay. Pretty far from the central station.

Expensive (as most hostels in Helsinki) but it is a nice building with good showers.

average hostel

Excellent location and a beautiful old building, especially the kitchen/lounge is very great and cosy. It is just one key for each room, maybe a little bit unsafety, but you can safe your important stuff in a locker. It could be one toilet and one shower more.

It was just a quick overnight stay before catching a flight back from Vantaa (although I had previously stayed at the same one 3 years ago), but the beds are comfy, the hostel itself is not very noisy (perfect for good rest), the price is ideal, if we take into account how expensive Helsinki is, and the really good location (in relation to bus and train stations and to city centre) it's at. It's the one I always tell about to all my friends who ask for tips on visiting Helsinki.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

This was a great hostel. Good location, large kitchen, chill people staying there that were never too loud, large common area and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

I loved this hostel. 1) The architecture is really charming and unique. There's a French window in the kitchen, for example, that's positively adorable. 2) All of the employees seem to really enjoy their jobs. That's a refreshing change over most places. 3) It has super friendly and helpful staff. 4) It's quiet at night but still social during the day. 5) It's really central and convenient. 6) It has a small, cozy atmosphere. I felt right at home the second I arrived there. Yes!

a very nice place!

Friendly welcome, even checkimg in after midnight. Clean comfortable characterful place in a cool area.....perfect location for exploring the city.

Nice place and a great location. Staff are very helpful and kind too. Would definitely stay here again.

Helpful and friendly staff made the visit to Finland great!

• 3rd Aug 2014

so comfortable but quite!

Very hotel-like atmosphere. The only common area is the kitchen, which is quiet and doesn't have many seats. The bathrooms are clean and I never had to queue. Pretty good if you just want somewhere to sleep...

The only thing I didn't like about the hostel is the smallness of the sinks at the toilets.

Already left a comment about this hostel when I stayed here a week earlier. It must be somewhere among the other comments.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4