Hostel Erottajanpuisto Reviews

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Great stay and very helpful staff. Thank you. Simon

excellent hostel :) I'll definitely come back and recommend it to my friends! Keep going like this :)

Nice hostel and really helpful and friendly staff - would stay again

Hostel was safety and nice place to spend night. Location are very good and staff was friendly.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is very clean, well located and confortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. The worst: no breakfast!

The hostel doesn't have any security, anyone can enter into the hostel. The keys of the rooms stay in the door, so everybody can have access in your room. Furthermore, the hostel don't offer facilities such as walking tours or breakfast.

Arrived fairly late in the evening, and left early next morning so I don't have much of an impression. The facilities, rooms, and beds are clean. There is only one key for each room and is hanged nearly permanently at the door which is highly insecure. At least there is a small locker for your valuables. There is a big, comfortable kitchen/common area.

Nothing special and nothing bad. Just an ok hostel. Expensive like everything else in Finland.

Great location with friendly helpful staff. In the heart of the design district with lots of design shops, bars and restos (if you're up for spending some dosh) and a good base to explore most the city sights on foot.

The hostel in Finland are not that cheap... This hostel hv a lot of "warm sign", make the atmosphere very nice:) Also a very nice kitchen !!! Everything u expert u will find it. But the bed is quite poor for dorm room.. Even a little move will make noise.

- very nice roommates - homely

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Was a really nice little place, it was a bit quiet but I don't know why cause it had a really nice kitchen to hang out in. The key thing does work badly and you'd think there's got to be a better way but it's really not a big deal

Nice, clean central hostel with big kitchen has everything you need. Great showers and lockers available. Quite expensive though

• 13th Oct 2014

I booked through hostelworld and I payed the booking fee 12% it was 3.36€, I was due to pay 24.64€ on arrival, but the guy made me pay the entire amount 28€, it's very late, I was really tired.. I didn't pay attention.. So 31.36€ so a 6 room bed, seems pretty expensive.. I would rather go to an Hotel

• 13th Oct 2014
  • El Salvador

Great location. Good value for Helsinki!

The rooms only have one key that is permanently left in the door so people can enter your room at any time, the lockers are tiny, the staff basically just took my money and told me to leave when I arrived as my room wasn't ready, no tour of the facilities of information on the area, it's basically someone's flat with a few bunk beds thrown in and numerous school children dancing in the hallways til late.

I really liked this hostel apart from two major gripes: 1 - There was one key per room, shared between all 6 people. The last person out is meant to leave it at reception, it's just really confusing and you don't actually get a key. Although the reception is 24hours and somewhere is always there, I think this is fundamental issue that could be easily fixed with key/number locks or something similar. 2 - Slightly on the expensive side, but great location and nice hostel. Get what you pay for!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were excellent, friendly helpful and knowledgeable. There was a lack of atmosphere, but I don't go to a city like Helsinki for the atmosphere in a hostel I stay at, so not a real issue for me. I selected it based on location and security, and they did not disapoint.

• 24th Sep 2014

The staff was incredibly welcoming and when I had to leave super early in the morning, one of then wrote me a note with a map for how to get the right bus to the airport. It helped a lot when I was walking the streets around 4am.

It's very close to the centre of town. Has a nice atmosphere and excellent wifi. Rooms a little cramped and bathrooms are tiny. Good showers.

• 20th Sep 2014