Hostel Erottajanpuisto Reviews

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

Loved this hostel! Staff were so friendly and everyone staying too. Would definitely recommend.

Really enjoyed my stay there. It's set up to be a very social hostel (but they stop people making noise at 11pm, so you won't be kept up all night if you want to sleep), it's in a great location for both bars and sightseeing. Less than 10 minutes' walk from both the central train station and coach station. The staff are friendly, helpful and 24-hour. Not a bad word to say about it - this hostel deserves the awards it's won.

I can't say that I felt quite at home here, I'm not sure why. The location was very central. Perhaps because it didn't feel safe: there was only one key to each room so the key was always in the door if someone was there, otherwise it hang in the reception. This means that it was possible to go in each night when people sleep. You might not notice that someone sneak in during the night, when you share with 7 others. And not all travellers are honest, unfortunately. But staff was smiling! :)

This is truly a backpacker's hostel, and one of the best hostel's I've stayed in! The location is perfect (located in one of the coolest areas of the city and very close to the city center as well), and the hostel staff were always very helpful and friendly! It's the perfect size place as well, not too big, and the kitchen/lounge area is perfect for making friends! I would definitely stay here again!

Great staff at all. They are so friendly. OK maybe expensive but this is Helsinki.

Great hostel! The staff is nice and always willing to help, the location is perfect and there's a nice atmosphere. However, the lockers were too small to fit anyone's luggage and the facilities' cleanness can vary a lot depending on the time of the day.

• 14th Aug 2015

Wonderful place. Very chill atmosphere, very clean and I felt very safe. Thanks for a great stay :)

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Beautiful old building in an area with lots of fun bars & restaurants, the rooms were nice, loved having a table. However, in my dorm only a small locker was provided that I couldn't fit much in-- wished that was bigger!

Very helpful staff and central location but the facilities are basic.

The staff is kind &very helpful. It's a clean place at a very good location, security is only average cause basically you ring the bell and everyone is left in. Anyway, the only real complaint is about atmosphere. It's a "hostel", but not a backpackers hostel, meaning there is no atmosphere to socialise, people kept to themselfs and apart from the kitchen there is no common area to hang out (so, it's more of a quiet family place; though in the morning very loud from the street). Wifi very bad.

Once of the best hostels in Helsinki

No concerns. Finland is expensive in general.

No security at all. 1key for the room so anyone could walk into other rooms as they were always unlocked. Less than helpful staff. Most guests were closer to 100 than 30years old. Would not reccomend booking this place.

Great place. Made a lot of good friends there due to the friendly atmosphere. Location is perfect! If I ever go back to Helsinki I'll definitely stay there again!

Hostel Erottajanpuisto was excellent! The staff (both day and night shifts) were extremely helpful and friendly. I also felt very safe while I was there; there are lockers in each room that are no where near big enough to fit someone's entire pack into it, but I didn't have any worries leaving my bag laying around the room while I was away.

• 21st Jul 2015

I absolutely loved this hostel. The art nouveau building is beautiful, location is excellent. i found the room airy, light, and spacious. The kitchen is atmospheric and a comfortable place to spend time. The plumbing/drainage does not seem to be in the best repair however; a member of staff shouted at me for using a shower that was leaking out into the hall, despite that happening without my knowledge and not being my fault. Other members of staff were very helpful and friendly however!

Great little hostel! Centrally located close to main train station. My 3 bedroom dorm was very cozy. Staff was friendly and kept hostel clean. No lockers in room but small ones for our use are outside. Highly recommended!

A nice hostel for your stay in Helsinki... also, this city is amazing than my expection !!!

Fairly centrally located, within walking distance of the market and the train station. Staff were nice and helpful and helped me know where to get ferry tickets and how to find other places. Beds were a bit small and creaky, but otherwise clean. I liked that the room had a sink in it. Not a great hostel for meeting people, though people hung out in the kitchen.

Although the location is not as convenient as I expected ,I had a very great stay in the hostel. Everything is very clean and tidy. It would be even better the hostel seperate the boys and girls washrooms.

• 13th Jul 2015