Hostel Erottajanpuisto Reviews

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki, Finland

I loved this hostel. 1) The architecture is really charming and unique. There's a French window in the kitchen, for example, that's positively adorable. 2) All of the employees seem to really enjoy their jobs. That's a refreshing change over most places. 3) It has super friendly and helpful staff. 4) It's quiet at night but still social during the day. 5) It's really central and convenient. 6) It has a small, cozy atmosphere. I felt right at home the second I arrived there. Yes!

a very nice place!

Friendly welcome, even checkimg in after midnight. Clean comfortable characterful place in a cool area.....perfect location for exploring the city.

Nice place and a great location. Staff are very helpful and kind too. Would definitely stay here again.

Helpful and friendly staff made the visit to Finland great!

• 3rd Aug 2014

so comfortable but quite!

Very hotel-like atmosphere. The only common area is the kitchen, which is quiet and doesn't have many seats. The bathrooms are clean and I never had to queue. Pretty good if you just want somewhere to sleep...

The only thing I didn't like about the hostel is the smallness of the sinks at the toilets.

Already left a comment about this hostel when I stayed here a week earlier. It must be somewhere among the other comments.

Dear Hostel, I have a conplaint. When I arrived I was asked to pay and if there was a difference between cash and traveller card (not credit card). They sad no and them I paid with it. Checking my account I saw to different charges around 4 euros per day on top of each day paiment. They said it was the bank, I dont think so and in that case they MUST TELL THE CUSTOMER! Best regards, Cris.

• 19th Jul 2014

Perfect location near the city center. I totally would stay again !

• 16th Jul 2014

Friendly, thoughtful staff. Lady at the desk told me a music festival was happening down the street - made my day. Clean, well-located, everything you want from a hostel.

• 12th Jul 2014

This YHA is a great hostel in a great location and friendly staff. While it is a bit expensive it is about average for Finland. Prices are high in Finland for just about everything but it does have good second hand shops. (The 3 other baltic countries below, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are considerably cheaper.)

The nicest staff and an excellent location. Good restaurants and bars in a very laid back part of the city. Most of the highlights for both day and nightlife are within walking distance of the hostel.

Clean hostel, good location. However there was only 1 key per room. The dorms could be locked from the inside with a hook; however my dorm mates had locked it before I got in one night, so neither me nor the guy working there could get into the room that night. Luckily they had other beds available and he let me sleep in a different dorm..

The building is amazing, I loved the kitchen and high ceiling. But I'd add personal bed lights in dorms.

a good hostel to meet people, not to far from the train station 5 minutes walk, daily activities

Good basic hostel, has kitchen (no tv), there is one key per dorm room which must be left at reception when you leave, which is not the most practical, however it works. Kitchen and common room are one, fairly easy to meet people as it is a smaller more cosy hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is in a good part of town and just a short walk from the park, harbour and main attractions. However, in the summer sun starts shining in at 3:30am and it's hard to get sleep

One toilet is too too small!!!

Awesome hotel staffs, they are very friendly and willing to help... The hostel has free city maps and guides! The room although is quite small but was clean....Probably the best hostel stay during my trip.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4