Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1900 Total Reviews

I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm with two of my friends. We LOVED it here! The hostel isn't the nicest/most fancy, but the showers are newly remodeled- very nice! and it is in the heart of the red light district (so much fun!) and only a 8 min. walk (if that!) from the train station! Very easy to find! The staff was friendly enough. We made friends with every one in our room and went sightseeing/partied together at night. I hope you have the same experience as we did!

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff at the check in was a little disrespectful with me and other guests.

In general I liked the hostal, some staff were very friendly but one night secretary was very impolite to us. The bathroom in my room was shared between 8 people and never cleaned while I stayed (2 nights/ 3 days) In the end it smelt like a public toilet. Its well located if you like beer for breakfast and you want to visit the red light district!!

If you are looking for something cheap in the deep red light district, this is your hostel. It was ENOUGH, and enough was way more than I had expected. Totally recommended.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Adequate: the word I would use to describe most facets of this hostel. The wifi is shoddy at best, and didn't work for long stretches. There were only 4 plugs in the 18-person dorm I slept in. The location, right next to the red light district, is great if you want to spend your time in the coffeeshops and tourist destinations on the canals. It's an ~8 min. walk to the train station, which makes arriving and departing easy. 10-15 minute walk to Vondelpark and nearby attractions.

• 5th Jun 2014

They have small lockers for valuables like shoes, bags, money etc and you can leave small valuables behind the desk like phones etc. They give you towels. The beds and pillows are comfy. The bathrooms are clean. The location is at the heart of liveliness and there are many places to eat located very close by. You can charge your electronic devices in only one of the dorms however there are plug sockets in the bar. Free wifi in the bar! Close to the train station. Activity discount leaflets.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great place to stay very close to everything. Only thing myself and friend didn't like was that in order to have a glass of water we had to buy something despite the fact we were already paying to stay there. Other than that little gripe, the place is great to stay

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Other than it's location, this hostel's got nothing else to offer. No common area to hang out in, really unfriendly staff. We were never given keys to our actual room. Wifi connection was very poor in the room and only worked in the common area.

A good clean hostel. No issues. Separate bathroom was good but only available to our dorm and everything cleaned daily. If hostelling is your thing than you will find this place adequate for your needs.

Very bad. Only stay if it is an absolute must.

Location of the hostel is directly on the red light district but being downtown it is far from vondel park. Staff were the rudest people ever. Would not give u a glass of tap water advising "I am trying to make money here" Guy behind the desk knew we were staying for 4 nights but still acted like we were new and didn't want to let us in. Wouldn't stay here again.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. The staff (specially the chinesse girl) was very rude, she was always in a bad mood, not so good when you have to deal with customers. The price was higher than expected and the facilities were bad. There was no WIFI in the rooms so the guests were using the wifi of the lobby in the stairs of the hostel. I stayed in 2012 in FLYING PIG HOSTEL and it was way better than this one, the staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, everything, stay there!!

Everybody is so kind out there. We got everything we needed. It was my first staying in a hostel and it was really nice!

• 4th May 2014
  • Ukraine

the location is great at the center of red light district and close to train station (amsterdam centraale). can't complain much except maybe for the receptionist. i mean, he's not rude but smiling wont hurt tho ;) we stayed in 10 mix sharing room and the conditions are ok. love the toilet and shower. like i said, can't complain much. and oh, the wifi was great even tho we stayed at 2nd floor and at the very end of block

The 5% charge is a total scam. Absoultely hated it Clear Lack of plugins in the 10 bedroom

• 1st May 2014
  • Morocco

The carpet was kind of dirty but the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. I really liked the bar and the smoking area. Its good.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is ok but bare in mind that it is over a pub that has a smoking room (not fancy as some coffee shops) and some weird very stoned people come in and out all day long.

Very good location. However I had a very bad experience as I got robbed in my room and the staff did not help me on anything. Indeed their answer was that this kind of things happens in shared rooms or dorms, which could be, but if they knew it, that could be have better infrastructure in the rooms, including power point for each bed. I was in a 12 people room and there was only a few power points for all of us in the room, so I couldn't charge my devices only when I was there. They must to im

Great Location! Part of the staff was quite friendly others a Kind of unfriendly. One staff member was smoking the lobby- that sucks! Rooms and bathroom were cleaned regularly and therefore quite clean.

Very expensive for a hostel (40 euro a night!), no breakfast included and to top it off, my friends and I got bed bugs! Horrible.

• 4th Apr 2014