Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff is horrible but evert hung else is great

• 22nd Sep 2015

Very average hostel in amazing location. Staff were terrible and the most rude I have ever come across.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Hello, You said our staff were terrible. First think about yourself, to be honest, you were so rude in our hotel. I do remember you asked for an umbrella from us. We answered "Sorry, our hotel don't have any umbrellas for sell or for rent, the umbrellas which you see are from our staff(personal stuff). We can't borrow to you" Then you said"F**K........."

Great location and a nice area to hang out. The hostel appears pretty old and worn, but it wasn't a problem for us. They didn't have many outlets however-in a 10 person dorm there were 2 or 3.

The man at the bar w the ponytail is great! The front desk is strict but great for security purposes. I think it was the best place we could've stayed for our budget. Very relaxing nice atmosphere and met some awesome people!

It was a busy weekend in Amsterdam with a huge conference in town. The hostel, like all others that weekend jacked up there prices. It was expensive and we received basically zero service from the hostel. It is attached to a bar and it seems like they care less about the hostel business. There is no internet, holes in the sheets and blankets, overcrowded dorms that you can't walk through without hitting some bodies pack. I wouldn't stay here again besides the location is great.

• 10th Sep 2015

Great bar, location and security. Water was too expensive at the bar, as I was happy to have a glass of water but was told I needed to pay 2.50 and lighting in toilets was off puting. Apart from that, I really enjoyed my stay.

Fantastic location. Our 8 bed shared dorm was clean, the beds were comfy and the room had lockers (take a padlock), however there were only 6 lockers for 8 people and only 2 plug sockets. The showers were hot but had no water pressure. Towels were provided when asked for. Shower gel and hand soap were provided and there was always toilet roll. Wifi didnt work in the room and the food in the pub below wasn't very nice. For a simple no frills place to sleep in a good location it was fine.

Staff did the basics. Although sometimes the answers were kind of vague. It did not felt as a "hostel experience", you just slep there and that was it. For some unknown reason that nobody could explain clearly to me, I had to change rooms after the first night. The bar downstairs is nice. Everything was clean. It was really expensive for what they offered, although the location was excelent (5 to 20 minute walking from almost anything in the center)

The place is really dirty..carpet..walls..Doors Entrance everything is old dirty nd in bad conditions

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

you pay a lot for what you get.

Stay for the location only, everything else is meh. And don't expect to arrive early, there is no couch to sit on.

6 beds in a room that wouldn't have been large enough for 4, no ladders on the bunk beds, most of the lockers were broken and unusable, a small curtain is all that separates the shower from the rest of the bathroom so it's pretty much impossible to shower without soaking the entire place. At least it's an ensuite bathroom, only good thing about this place aside from the location. It is walking distance from Central Station.

The only thing going for this place was location. Facilities and cleanliness were ok. On arrival the staff wanted nothing to do with bag storage or me since I rocked up before check in. There is no atmosphere or events organised by the hostel. Would only recommend if you are going in a group. A lot of potential for improvement in what has a really top location.

THIS WAS THE WORST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. This hostel was filthy (visible urine on toilets and floors, dust everywhere, and there were cracks and a small hole in the toilet basin). Other guests had no respect for others or the room, and would be messy and loud through the night. People would smoke in the rooms, and there were no smoke detectors or real efforts to stop this from happening. I did not feel safe here, and left 3 days earlier than originally planned.

1 2 Next » last »