Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great place to stay very close to everything. Only thing myself and friend didn't like was that in order to have a glass of water we had to buy something despite the fact we were already paying to stay there. Other than that little gripe, the place is great to stay

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Other than it's location, this hostel's got nothing else to offer. No common area to hang out in, really unfriendly staff. We were never given keys to our actual room. Wifi connection was very poor in the room and only worked in the common area.

A good clean hostel. No issues. Separate bathroom was good but only available to our dorm and everything cleaned daily. If hostelling is your thing than you will find this place adequate for your needs.

Very bad. Only stay if it is an absolute must.

Location of the hostel is directly on the red light district but being downtown it is far from vondel park. Staff were the rudest people ever. Would not give u a glass of tap water advising "I am trying to make money here" Guy behind the desk knew we were staying for 4 nights but still acted like we were new and didn't want to let us in. Wouldn't stay here again.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. The staff (specially the chinesse girl) was very rude, she was always in a bad mood, not so good when you have to deal with customers. The price was higher than expected and the facilities were bad. There was no WIFI in the rooms so the guests were using the wifi of the lobby in the stairs of the hostel. I stayed in 2012 in FLYING PIG HOSTEL and it was way better than this one, the staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, everything, stay there!!

Everybody is so kind out there. We got everything we needed. It was my first staying in a hostel and it was really nice!

• 4th May 2014
  • Ukraine

the location is great at the center of red light district and close to train station (amsterdam centraale). can't complain much except maybe for the receptionist. i mean, he's not rude but smiling wont hurt tho ;) we stayed in 10 mix sharing room and the conditions are ok. love the toilet and shower. like i said, can't complain much. and oh, the wifi was great even tho we stayed at 2nd floor and at the very end of block

The 5% charge is a total scam. Absoultely hated it Clear Lack of plugins in the 10 bedroom

• 1st May 2014
  • Morocco

The carpet was kind of dirty but the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. I really liked the bar and the smoking area. Its good.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is ok but bare in mind that it is over a pub that has a smoking room (not fancy as some coffee shops) and some weird very stoned people come in and out all day long.

Very good location. However I had a very bad experience as I got robbed in my room and the staff did not help me on anything. Indeed their answer was that this kind of things happens in shared rooms or dorms, which could be, but if they knew it, that could be have better infrastructure in the rooms, including power point for each bed. I was in a 12 people room and there was only a few power points for all of us in the room, so I couldn't charge my devices only when I was there. They must to im

Great Location! Part of the staff was quite friendly others a Kind of unfriendly. One staff member was smoking the lobby- that sucks! Rooms and bathroom were cleaned regularly and therefore quite clean.

Very expensive for a hostel (40 euro a night!), no breakfast included and to top it off, my friends and I got bed bugs! Horrible.

• 4th Apr 2014

The location is good for those that really want to be at the red light district and it is very close to the central station. However, the price is really expensive for the quality of the rooms. I stayed in a double room with bathroom inside, but there was not even a rug in the floor to use after shower. There is no internet in the rooms. The wi-fi is only available at the bar/lobby but is a very noisy place, for instance, to have a skype call. There is no breakfast.

• Portugal

Good location, at the edge of the Red Light District. Security solution was quite reassuring. Staff was below average, bordering on rude. I could not even draw a smile from them after I helped them out with a guest who did not speak English. Overall an ok place to stay if you are not spending much of your time inside.

Stayed here for 3 nights and have nothing to complain about, the staff were nice and friendly and helpful, atmosphere was nice and calm, my room and the bathroom was nice and clean, with lockers to put my belongings in, and the location is terrific. overall I had a great stay here and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

I thought it was a little pricey at first but the location was amazing. There were 14 of us split across two rooms and the pool tables, cheap beer and friendly staff made it the kind of place I would recommend for any stag party.

• 4th Apr 2014

Clean room with great view. Powerful shower. Central to everything location wise, cafe literally opposite hostel. Nice friendly staff and relatively cheap beer. Plenty of TV screens to watch downstairs in bar and smoking room, and lovely little outside drinking area on the canal. 10/10, would definetley recommend and stay there again.

• 4th Apr 2014

Photos on the website do not correspond to reality. The only good thing about this place is its position, 4 minutes walking from the central station, but much too expensive for the rooms they offer (our 5 people room was 20 sqm with 1 little window facing a really big concrete wall, and cost 50€ each per night). In the end, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really do not have another choice.

• 3rd Apr 2014