Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2012 Total Reviews

Bad lighting in the bathroom. Clean bathrooms. Unstable beds.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Norway

No issues with bedbugs! I had seen a few reviews mention them and was very nervous about staying here but it was awesome. I feel like this place is a little hidden secret, the bar downstairs is solid especially if you like sports, and there's a huge smoking room where you can smoke whatever you want, with pool tables, foosball, tv's, etc.

• 24th Oct 2014

no towels in room, okay for youngsters who don't care too much, very close too red light distict and coffeeshops. but not so good for families

No kitchen area was a bit inconvenient, and made it more difficult to talk to other travelers. staff weren't particularly friendly. Worst of all there were bed bugs, not just into dorm but in a few others (according to friends who slept in other dorms). Overall an ok hostel but there's definitely better places to stay

• 23rd Oct 2014

The best and only selling point of the globe is the location- it really can't be beat. However, the cleanliness is is not what I expected. I should say that I'm a guy, and have stayed in multiple hostels and I in no way expected the facilities to be spotless. I however did not expect to be eaten alive in my sleep. While at my stay at the globe, myself and travel buddy both received unaticipated bumps all over ourselves from bed bugs. The lights are dimly lit for a reason. Disgusting!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I was only there one night and I think I would have liked it more if I had more time to settle in and meet people. The lobby is a bar and you can only get wifi down there so you're forced out of your room which is good and bad. I think I was in the room for 18 and it was huge. There was a communal outlet in the middle which was a little strange, but plenty too.

1 2 Next » last »