Hostel the Globe Center Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1912 Total Reviews

The carpet was kind of dirty but the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. I really liked the bar and the smoking area. Its good.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is ok but bare in mind that it is over a pub that has a smoking room (not fancy as some coffee shops) and some weird very stoned people come in and out all day long.

Very good location. However I had a very bad experience as I got robbed in my room and the staff did not help me on anything. Indeed their answer was that this kind of things happens in shared rooms or dorms, which could be, but if they knew it, that could be have better infrastructure in the rooms, including power point for each bed. I was in a 12 people room and there was only a few power points for all of us in the room, so I couldn't charge my devices only when I was there. They must to im

Great Location! Part of the staff was quite friendly others a Kind of unfriendly. One staff member was smoking the lobby- that sucks! Rooms and bathroom were cleaned regularly and therefore quite clean.

Very expensive for a hostel (40 euro a night!), no breakfast included and to top it off, my friends and I got bed bugs! Horrible.

• 4th Apr 2014

The location is good for those that really want to be at the red light district and it is very close to the central station. However, the price is really expensive for the quality of the rooms. I stayed in a double room with bathroom inside, but there was not even a rug in the floor to use after shower. There is no internet in the rooms. The wi-fi is only available at the bar/lobby but is a very noisy place, for instance, to have a skype call. There is no breakfast.

• Portugal

Good location, at the edge of the Red Light District. Security solution was quite reassuring. Staff was below average, bordering on rude. I could not even draw a smile from them after I helped them out with a guest who did not speak English. Overall an ok place to stay if you are not spending much of your time inside.

Stayed here for 3 nights and have nothing to complain about, the staff were nice and friendly and helpful, atmosphere was nice and calm, my room and the bathroom was nice and clean, with lockers to put my belongings in, and the location is terrific. overall I had a great stay here and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

I thought it was a little pricey at first but the location was amazing. There were 14 of us split across two rooms and the pool tables, cheap beer and friendly staff made it the kind of place I would recommend for any stag party.

• 4th Apr 2014

Clean room with great view. Powerful shower. Central to everything location wise, cafe literally opposite hostel. Nice friendly staff and relatively cheap beer. Plenty of TV screens to watch downstairs in bar and smoking room, and lovely little outside drinking area on the canal. 10/10, would definetley recommend and stay there again.

• 4th Apr 2014

Photos on the website do not correspond to reality. The only good thing about this place is its position, 4 minutes walking from the central station, but much too expensive for the rooms they offer (our 5 people room was 20 sqm with 1 little window facing a really big concrete wall, and cost 50€ each per night). In the end, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really do not have another choice.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice hostel for a budget place the location in the city center near to the central station really nice. near red light district, and surround by many restaurant. the room is clean but not that good just ok but with the money you pay is exactly what you get. but overall is nice

The worst hostel ever in my life. Dirty as you can dream in a bad nightmare with painful biting insects. No key for the dormitory. Dirty toilets. dusty and vomited carpet... Random quality service by the staff. It's very very central, that's all. Good luck for the ones who dare...

• 30th Mar 2014

Super centrally located. Couldn't be any closer to the red light district. It was a sports bar downstairs which had the typical sports bar feel. If you enjoy that, then great. Rooms were decent. Bathroom in our room hadn't been renovated but the one across the hall had. Staff were friendly enough. It was fairly expensive but I suppose it was the weekend and its location. Had a smoking room in the back.

This Hostel is a mess! the staff ist not friendly. THe internet is horrible and when i asked what was going on with it they were so unfriendly and said that could do nothing. the shower and the bathroom were horrible, when you took a shower the whole bathroom got soaked! Defenitly I would not recomend because of the staff , the bathroom facilities and the price that is expensive.

1 2 3 Next » last »