Hotel Europa Puno Reviews

Jr.alfonso Ugarte 112, Puno, Peru

The guy at the desk didn't know anything about our booking, when we went to pay they tried to charge us more - nobody seemed to have a clue

all was ace - nice staff n nice location

The staff is rude and do not effort to make your stay better. They definitely should work on the cleanliness on the hotel specially the bathrooms. For an hotel it's an absurd you have to request towels and even toilet papers because they are not available in your room upon your arrival. On our two day stay they do not offered breakfast and it was saying when we booked that it would be available. On our checkout they tryed to charge more than what was supposed on our reservation.

This place was near the market and main square so It had a great locarion. The main owner kept trying to sell us tickets to lake titicaca and seems to get mad at us because we didnt eat breakfast, its not like he had to do much it was just bread and jam. The rooms we good though warm showers and clean.hotel seemed really empty though so was a bit scary.

An oddball kind of place. First of all, the bus terminal pick-up and free breakfast are LIES, so don't bank on them. Not a big deal, but why lie about it? That said, the double ensuite was probably the best value room I've stayed in in Peru, cleanliness and comfort-wise, with strong hot water and fast WiFi. They let us check-in at 5AM off a night bus. If it is slow season, BOOK IN PERSON FOR BETTER RATES. We saved 50% this way.

Not a bad hotel, in not a bad location. It has a kitchen guests can use (to make tea or coffee anytime or to prepare your own food), but it is the same kitchen they prepare breakfast and once you've been in the kitchen you'll probably want to give breakfast a miss. The rooms were ok but cold. The day reception was helpful, but the night porter was creepy

The worse was the man working there ( who was in charge as he said) he didnt speak English at all. as we got trip to Titicaca lake next morning at 6.30 am the guy promised to get breakfast at 6.10. When we came upstairs he was running downstairs saying '5 min' ! We waited in the kitchen ( disgusting dirty) after 15min he arrived with 1sachet of coffe and 2roles of bread. When I asked for jam, I got some left overs on the dirty saucer- disgusting!! Then he brought some hot juice.. No no no!

• 9th Apr 2013
  • Poland

Ok place. The wifi doesn't work very well, freezing cold rooms!!

Friendly and very helpful staff, most welcoming place we have stayed in south America so far! Staff spoke no English so especially got an English speaking friend to check us in and supplied us with any information you could think of wanting when arriving somewhere new. Free bus station transfers, even paid out station exit tax when booking our tickets for us. Organised our floating island tours as well. Close to all markets and main street, shopping centre, and bars. Great milkshakes at breaky.

although top floor (and our hallway) was being re-constructed, we did not have many trouble with it. Breakfast was served in the room because of this :)

We booked here due to the high rating. What we found was a very different experience. Our first room had a huge leak from the basin. When we told the staff about it they told us to wait five minutes then they would fix it. An hour later I went back to reception and was told nothing could he done as it was too late. I told them water was literally running out on to the floor. Finally the night staff member (young guy) changed our room. Also, wifi not working for most of our stay.

We were told we would receive a pick-up from the bus station, which did happen, however we had to pay for the taxi and the owner just rode in the boot. We were then taken to the top floor and light bulbs were taken from elsewhere and put in on the top floor. The roof was leaking so we had to walk round a puddle to get to our room. One of the bathroom sinks wasn't plumbed in. The shower wasn't very clean. The rooms were cold and no heaters were provided.

A very nice hotel. Currently under renovation- when it´s done I think it will cost a lot more. The staff is wonderful, and the location is great- maybe 3 blocks to the main square.

I made an arangement with the staff for a little trip to the lake Titicaca and an island visit. They actually invited me to join them and not the travel agency I thought of. At the time of departure there was no taxi, 45 minutes later, as they told me there would be one, also not. I then decided to scip the trip, also because it would become to late for good photography. I think they just told me something and didn,t really care. I don,t recomand this hotel, specially because of these thing.

Especially the family who has the hostel is very sweet and helps with everything as good as they can. We arrived 3 hours too late in relation to the time we wrote in the e=mail, and they were still waiting at the busstation with our name. That was really nice. Plus we ordered a room without bath but they gave us one with bath for the same price.

I had a great time staying in Hotel Europa in Puno. The staff was to welcoming and made it easy to feel home and safe. With any kind of questions they were there to help me out. :) Everyone staying there: have a great time and enjoy! Anne

Excellent location and excellent price. Just dont allow them to do your laundry. Hot showers only from 2-7pm Have and will recommend this hostel to others

There was no water on the first night and we were given a bad sorry about that. On the other hand, employees Fred and Nestor, did their utmost to bring us comfort during our stay. Of note is that the hotel laundry is cheaper than the neighborhood.

Nice & helpful staff. Great central location.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3