Hotel Schmellergarten Reviews

Schmellerstrasse 20, Munich, Germany

Schmellergarten was a pleasant experience. The location is simply superb. So close to a nice little restaurant, cheap supermarkets and of course the u-bahn. Also... you can simply walk from Lindwürmstrasse in to the city center. The actual hostel is a funny little place. We stayed in room number 1 which had it's own access for extra security. Also had a fridge and a big TV. Everything you need. Guy in the reception is friendly and the breakfast is okay. And the prices are cheap!

I stayed here for two nights at the tail end of Oktoberfest. It was an absolutely fantastic location for the festivities! If you book a single private room with a shared bathroom it's lovely! I was in a small room with a wonderful single bed, and I slept like a baby. There is also a cute balcony for yourself. Only a couple of things, firstly, the mornings can be quite loud in this room as the breakfast room is just down the hall. I would reccommed a good set of earplugs.

• 2nd Oct 2014

We loved this hotel. The staff was helpful and the location was perfect. Although located away from the Central Station, it's easily accessible by public transport and is located within the town centre near restaurants.

Clean & Tidy hostel. Friendly & helpful staff. We had a twin room on ground floor, shared toilet on this level with two other rooms and shared shower upstairs. Wasn't a line trying to use this however shower takes a while to heat up! We booked this last minute and was happy with what we chose.

Rooms were very nice, free breakfast in the morning was really good and went from 7-12. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not a typical hostel though ,no real common area apart from the breakfast room which only had people in during breakfast. Location was good, walking distance to the centre, but also u-bahn station at the end of the street which was 3 stops away from centre.

Good position (very close to the metro station), good staff and very good breakfast!

Host went out of his way to help

Close to subway station. Great included breakfast compared to others. Only one shower. Close enough to a bar that it was loud with live music at night.

Our room was on the ground floor. There was a toilet in the hall shared by 3 rooms but no shower on that level. The reception, breakfast room, and more rooms are up one level. There is one shower on that floor. (I didn't venture to higher floors to see how many more rooms and showers there were.) It wasn't fantastic to have to go out and up the stairs to have a shower but it was always free when I wanted it. Very good breakfast. Handy to the Ubahn and you can easily walk to the centre as well.

Really great accommodation altogether. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room (with microwave, fridge, TV, balcony and private sink), only a few stops away from Hauptbahnhof and very close to the Poccisstrasse station. Great breakfast included in the price. Very highly recommended and great value for the money!

Good location. Within 10 mins walk from the nearest subway station. Stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in munich. The rooms are big and clean. Will definitely stay here again if I'm back to munich one day.

Took us last minute. Nice, clean hotel

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff was super helpful and our room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice with an assortment of foods and great coffee.

This hotel was comfortable, clean, and the staff was very accommodating. The location is close to the subway. Breakfast was great!

• 3rd Jul 2014

No hot water in an ensuite room. unable to have a shower or wash properly. Pooo poor value for the money paid. Staff member on duty was very helpful but everything else was not up to expectation

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

When I go to Munich next time I must visit the same hostel!!!!! I reli love the service of this hostel. The man (i think is the boss) was so nice that he helped us to take the big and heavy luggage up and down. The room was v tidy and neat. Wifi connection is v gd in the room i got a v delicious and full breakfast all the memory in this hostel was positive!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • China

The place was great. I stayed here with a friend and the rooms were a perfect size and even though there was one shared shower and one shared bathroom on the floor, I never had to wait and there was never any issues. It was also very clean and towels were provided for free. The breakfast was included and was delicious every morning and the staff was super friendly. It is not directly in the center, but there was an UBahn close enough and we never had any problems day or night.