Hotel Schmellergarten Reviews

Schmellerstrasse 20, Munich, Germany

The amazing thing is that there was one guy I have seen settling everything for us! Well, even so he worked like a team! He was smiley and friendly. He gave us decent breakfast especially for the budget. The down side is that the toilet was a little bit smelly... the kind of smell when you have wet rug for long time and it starts to smell. Also, I was in 3 beds private room with 2 fellas. And one of the beds was too close to the toilet. Better to Gove it more distance ;)

Very good! I had a nice stay there and the breakfast was great! The staff are very nice too:)

The entrance is kind of hard to find, but the hostel is within walking distance from Christmas market and train station. Good wifi. Clean and quiet. No common area to meet people though.

Not a nice hostel. No common area so feels like you are trespassing almost, no nice welcome feeling. Our non smoking shared bathroom was constantly being smoked in and so the whole hallway smelled of smoke. The rooms were pretty drab and a bit gross. The whole place felt like it needed a serious upgrade. The hairdryer in the room only blew cold air. Not good if like me you have very long hair and the weather is very cold outside. Only saving grace was quite a decent breakfast.

The I booked this hostel in a jiffy - I had an apartment booked that was cancelled just before my flight. I stayed for two nights. The room was basic, but clean. Comfortable bed. The staff were very nice and accommodating. They were very helpful as well. The breakfast was basic, but everything was good. No complaints. The place is very basic, but I would stay again! Very close to the u-bahn station as well, easy to get around.

Good hostel. Very clean. The room is very good (Standard Private Single) and also the breakfast. Close to U-Bahn. It is not cheap.

Such a cute hole in the wall place. My husband and I will be staying again!

• 7th Nov 2014