Hotel Sun Plaza Reviews

1-2-22 Haginochaya Nishinariku, Osaka, Japan

The washroom was disgusting and shared amongst men and female. I rather go to the washroom in the lobby, much cleaner. The room was ok to nap in but smelt strongly of cigarette and mold. The receptionist said smoking is prohibited yet there was an ashtray in the room. The first night, we left our bags there and went to a motel. The next day we stayed since it is a direct train to the airport but found a bed bug and checked out without refund since reception closed at 12am. Very disappointed.

• 24th Aug 2015

The location of the hotel is in an area of Osaka that is far from any tourist areas and seemed both dirty and dodgy. The facility was average and the internet did not work anywhere except the main lobby. The staff were very helpful though when asked.

• 8th Aug 2015

This is the hotel that gives the impression to understand the Japanese way of life : a small tiny room tatami with a folded futon mattress that is the size of the place, a fridge , a small wardrobe , a television set and health outside with the locals ... and close to everything, very good value for the city and gives the opportunity to walk to visit almost everything . The staff was very friendly and helping us , they made their possibile that our stay is the best .

So easy to get to being just outside the station exit. Great view from the roof and mens bath. The toilets were smelly, theres not many showers and the baths were only open between certain hours. The staff at reception didnt want to help and the futons didn't really fit in the room. I could have comfortably stayed longer though

Smelly rooms. Loud brawling in the mornings and some guy shouting on the mic.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Iceland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My room was fairly clean but my friends room was not clean at all ciggerette butts was in the ash tray, trash can was full of empty beers bed was not made. We will never stay at that hotel again

• 24th Jul 2015

the hotel was the worst of the worst. smells so bad so I couldn't sleep beacause of tabaco small and blanket was so dirty.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The room too smeelly and i found some bug , they dont have enough shower room , so when i go to shower i need to go to other floor, not efectif,

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

My biggest two problems were noise from the train station and the bathrooms were common use for men and women. Not in a very good area of Osaka, but no real problems since Japan is pretty safe. Less than 2000 yen for a private room is a very good deal, and the room was comfortable (except the pillow).

No showers (or extra paiement!). Very small room, unconfortable, with bad tatamis beds. It smells cigarettes everywhere. Too much noise : too close to the train station and it‘s mpossible to sleep with closed windows, it‘s too hot ! Lots of strange people (and certainly few prostitutes...), specially when you‘re two young girls. It‘s not an hostel, lot of people live here all the time. Bad feelings about the place. we didn‘t feel in secure...

Bullshit from the moment we walked in, ended up leaving to another hotel... It was located in the worst part of osaka and the staff were very rude, something I never thought to experience in Japan.

• 11th Apr 2015

The facility is dirty and in an poorer neigbhood. Both male and female shared the same bathroom. There is restricted shower time and in diff location. Some staffs did not speak English at all and not helpful. I asked about postal service and he told me roughly close at 8 pm. I asked him to double check because I have a lot of things to carry. He stated no and walked to the back room. I went to the postal office and it was closed, the staffs don't really know what going on and the neigbhood.

Simply the worst hotel/hostel we have ever been to. Located just by the subway line, so it feels like you are sleeping on the subway platform. In one of the room, the sheets were very dirty (with blood stains) and if we had not insisted, they wouldn't have given us substitution blankets. We can't even talk about the public bathrooms because they were only open from 5:00 to 9:00 PM (and we were out during that time). They booted me out of the lobby (the only place you could access wifi) at 10pm

This hotel looks good from the outside, but it is far worse than the Sun Plaza 2. The bathrooms in each floor have no privacy and smell very bad. The kitchen is super dirty, I don't know how anyone cooks in there. If you want to take a private shower, you have to pay 100 yen for every 5 minutes and the shower is very dirty. The SUN PLAZA 2 is way better, in my opinion.

If you wanna find good location with low price in Osaka, this is worth every yen you pay. The place is suit for only sleep purpose.