Hotel Sun`Plaza 2 Reviews

1-2-20, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

it's in "poor area" but still safe. room might be bit small for 2 people. both JR & subway are around the corner (10min ride to cbd Namba) . 3 cheap stores nearby (all items in Daiso cost 100yen@, 玉出 is supermarket, and 驚安の殿堂 sells everything)

The photos make the hotel rooms look great but in reality they are a little brothel-y and the man on reception wouldn't refund my second night stay as I decided to leave early due to the aircon being broken and the wifi not working, meaning I was unable to research the city or get a good sleep. He point blank refused to move my room or offer a partial refund, so I would not stay again.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Too many smokers, even exist inside the reception area, lift, stair case. Toilet and shower are not enough. In addition, shower room is very inconvenience (only found in ground floor ) The room and common area are not clean.

Wifi was nonexistent and there were only two coin operated showers for at least three whole floors if not more. Needless to say, I did not get a chance to take a shower. However, for the price, you get a private room with a tv and fridge but I wouldn't stay here again as there are plenty of better options available.

Everything was perfect. The staff speak little english but they helped us a lot. Amazing people!

Wouldn't stay there again! We got smoking room even though it wasn't any choice while booking. The receptionist said it is fully booked so it is not possible to change. Happily some guy checking rooms at the floor found the solution. Rooms are shabby, shower is only on ground floor so expect lines in the morning. One elevator so lines again. Checking out at 9am. I strongly don't recommend.

Among all my experience and stay in different places of Japan, this was my worst ever stay till date. The staffs lack courtesy and have no welcoming sign, seemed rude as if not happy to see the foreigners. Don't be tempted with Men's private bath, they cleverly limited the timing between 5-10pm within which the daytime traveler cannot use it at all id he doesn't come back before 9:30pm. I warn other people, Don't choose this hostel at any cost. Had a very uncomfortable stay.

There's only 2 female showers in the entire building which was at ground floor. The elevator took quite long as well. There isn't a lock up for the backdoor after 11pm and there were guys smoking by the elevator which made me feel unsafe and it stinks. There were toilets on each floor, but it was not well-maintained. Some of the travellers poured leftovers of instant noodles onto the sink and stink up the whole place.

This hostel was very nice for the price, toilets and showers were constantly clean, and statf would also clean your room if needed. The rooms are quite small, however you do get your own so it's good for privacy. Anyone can just come and go but i felt completely safe the whole time i was there. The staff were very accommodating and allowed us to keep our bags there even when we checked out early in the morning. The only thing missing is a common room! Would definitely visit again!

• 8th Nov 2015

Dirty rooms, showers and toilet, weird people (bumps and drunk Japanese), I did not feel safe there. In that area you can find way more better hostels for the same price.

Good for your money.

Event though the place had room's in Japanese style there was not much of it, place was badly maintained and was lacking atmosphere, it is rather hostel for local ethnic minorities which travel to Japan to get job, it is not set for tourist as such. Wi - Fi access was available however in the main corridor directly under the router for sure not in my room.

Right by the exit of JR, kinda of sketch people around. Nothing special about it, was a bed for the night. I'd go again but would think about it if i was a girl.

Medium wifi. Good bathroom. No kitchen. Very good location.

Nice Hostel, close to attractions and right off the subway line, also 2 blocks away from the Shin-Imamiya JR Train station from the Osaka Loop line, Even though they may tell you the rooms are non smoker, some do smell like they were smoker. Some rooms need a bit of work on the floor but other than that, cleanliness is outstanding.

• 12th Aug 2015