India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Very fun and respectful place to stay. Lots of travelers from all over. Definitely enriched my NOLA experience.

• 10th Apr 2014

If someone lives outside the area, they should be allowed to stay. When I started staying at IH, I lived in Oregon. Now that I've moved to inside of LA, they say I can't stay any more, even though I live 3.5 hours away. Movie shoots and other events bring me to NOLA, for work. I should be allowed to stay and would appreciate a response.

• 9th Apr 2014

Awesome environment! Worth staying! Relativelly close to city center, you can take the street car that is right outside the hostel and be there in 15 min. Recomend to everyone!

Bohemian vibe with a slightly overgrown and disheveled quality....which means it fits in perfectly with New Orleans. Friendly and helpful staff, a great kitchen and common area (probably the best I've seen in US hostels), that important greasy breakfast until 1pm, and a collage of characters to boot. Right on the Canal St. streetcar line too, which aids travel within the city immensely. Highly recommended!

It was adequate. Nothing more.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Awesome hostel! Really good dinners for $5 a plate which was awesome and the staff were really friendly. We stayed in a private room which was a decent size and basically had room for 3 people. Easy to get to the French Quater as well. Would definitely stay again :)

• 1st Apr 2014

I loved the hostel! It was a great vibe and the people there were very friendly. It was a comfortable stay and the location was amazing.

• 1st Apr 2014

A bit of a party hostel, which is awesome if that's what you're looking for. Falling apart a bit but that's a bonus in my opinion. Staff are very nice. Neighbourhood's a bit sketchy but hey it's Nola.

• 1st Apr 2014

India House was a really cool spot. I love that they do affordable made to order breakfast and dinner. The staff was overall very friendly and helpful. The private room was not pretty but it was clean and warm. The only downside is the location, it's about two miles from the action. Having said that, there's a streetcar stop right outside the hostel.

The people and the atmosphere were just great, it is a very good hostel and it makes much fun staying there. I definilety recommend it to everybody!

I stayed two nights and had an amazing experience. I met people the first night out at the gazebo in the back and had a great time chatting it up and drinking some beers. I didn't go out either night, but although it's not right next tithe French quarter, it is right next to the street car so you can get there easy. There was a great vibe at this place and I would love to go back again soon just to meet new people and hang out!

• 30th Mar 2014

❤ India house ... Best place to stay in nola for sure!! :D

Totally worth it!!! Super affordable and its exactly what one needs...a place to crash and a place to bathe!

the building is renovated from the outside, but so old and gloomy from the inside. Cleanliness is not there at all; not in bed sheets, pillows, bathrooms... the bathrooms are mixed (male

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Egypt

This place is OK & has everything you need it is well worn which suggests its a place that people want to be at,everyone is friendly and I met some terrific people here which made my stay memorable. There is a cooked breakfast for $4-$6 if you want and a $5 meal at night which is OK. I would stay again

I have travelled all over the world and to all of the US states, however, the India House is by far the best for the buck, as well as the social interactions!!! A hop step and a jump, literally, from the trolley car and one is downtown on Bourbon Street in about 15 minutes, in the heart of the day or nightlife!!!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Jamaica

This was exactly the kind of hostel experience I was looking for, in a trip to New Orleans. The atmosphere was very laid back and international. The trolley was just a few quick steps from the front door. The omelets were top notch.

• 26th Mar 2014

1st. It would be nice to tell or post on the hostel web site that upon check in the balance is due in cash otherwise if a credit card is used the minimum charge is $80.00 [How about adding modern alternatives to collect payments like PayPal?] 2nd Staff: Amila. She was very friendly, helpful, demonstrated patience while helping other guests. Good luck to you and your future endeavors

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

Such a great place to stay. There's really not much more to say. If you're passing through New Orleans, it'd be a mistake not to stay here.

• 24th Mar 2014

Awesome place to stay. I've really enjoyed my time at India House. The staff is great and the atmosphere is spontaneous. I really enjoyed the quality breakfast and dinners. The 8-bed male dorms are not the best place to get sleep. They're located to the next to the main social area. Shift your sleep schedule 4 hours and you'll fit right in. Major downside is the location. Streetcar is needed to get from and to French Qaurter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7