India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

We loved staying here and will definitely come back! The pool and lounge are great. Super comfy sofas for when the sun gets too much. We would love to see some speakers installed for music and some group activities going on. Location was fab really easy to get around. The cheap breakfast and dinner is so good you should do more! we didn't eat anywhere else its so refreshing to have a good meal without paying loads! Thanks so much

• 26th Aug 2015

Cheap but horrible environment.

• 25th Aug 2015

When we got there the man was very friendly, it was very hot though and the air con didn't cool the room down very well. The facilities weren't to a particularly good standard. The interior was very interesting to look at and there was a lot of art on the wall making this place very quirky. However if you're looking for somewhere more comfortable and clean I wouldn't recommend this to you.

It is a very friendly place, I would love to go back again. The staff is kind and helpful. Totally worth the money.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Great atmosphere, young persons hostel. Its great to have a pool and that they provide food for purchase as almost all hours. Hygiene of the kitchen needs to be improved as I have seen some cockroaches and other bugs. Its located out of the main part of town however the tram line is right outside and its cheap to get in.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I absolutely loved the hostel, the atmosphere was great, fantastic value for money. I would recommend it to anyone, infact I already have.

Accommodations and location was well worth the money. Kitchen was adequate to make simple meals, lots of space for beverages.. just make sure you label your stuff. Always a chance to meet interesting people as this place was quite busy at all times.

• 18th Aug 2015

Had a great time, great staff with a great atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2015

A great hostel with a sociable atmosphere. The rooms were slightly old and not that great ,but minus that the hostel was great A good kitchen, lobby, wifi, beer garden and pool. I my stay here.

While the staff at India House could have been more welcoming, the private room we stayed in was clea and the hostel was so close to downtown.

• 17th Aug 2015

Decent clean hostel with reasonable price.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Poland

A truly amazing place and probably the best way to enjoy magnificient Nola on budget.

• 16th Aug 2015

Nice place for the cost! Cool atmosphere (definitely for younger, international travelers) with reasonable accommodations. Staff was friendly and always present when you need them. Location was perfect (right next to a streetcar route, but far enough from "downtown" and the festivities. Will definitely recommend to others!

• 15th Aug 2015

Two of the men working in the hostel I found to be kind of non-personable, but besides that, the hostel was amazing. We met some really neat people there and the location is awesome.

• 14th Aug 2015

pros- very close to streetcar security is great with keys and video cameras on lockers called us a cab anazing cheap breakfasts hand cooked great with helping with change the cat cons- the staff were pretty unhelpful and slow the bathroom was pretty dirty the doors didnt shut properly neighborhood wasn't that safe there were some pretty creepy people there

I've stayed in approximately ten billion hostels around the world and India House is always my favorite. I go every time I'm in New Orleans and never regret it! Great house, great vibes, perfect social areas, nice big pool, and lots of awesome food for purchase. Make sure to splurge $5 on some hot breakfast!

Loved that the hostel was located right off the streetcar, which made it very easy to go into the French Quarter and explore. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast in the mornings was delicious and inexpensive!

• 13th Aug 2015

We had the best time staying at this hostel. We met great people, the vibe was very friendly and easy going. Brunch run by the hostel was key every morning as part of the recovery from the night before. Highly recommend staying here!

• 13th Aug 2015

Four of us stayed here for a total of four nights and we all loved it. The place was fantastic, great social atmosphere and close to amenities with the tram a 10 second walk away. Highly recommended.

Fantastic stay we loved it! One thing to improve people's experience may be to have a book/ leaflets of places close to the hostel, for example food shops and places to eat.

• 12th Aug 2015