India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Such a cool aesthetic. You can feel the influence of all the thousands of travellers that have laid their heads here before you. Near a wholefoods market and some yummy, less healthy options too. Getting around by street car is easy and dipping in the pool is a damn fine hangover treatment.

I love the India House! The staff is always friends, the decor and atmosphere of the hostel is very unique and true to the New Orleans vibe. I would recommend this hostel to my friends :)

• 22nd Jul 2014

Very Friendly Staff! Great location!

• 18th Jul 2014

No real complaints, paper thin walls in private room, and water constantly changing from hot to cold in the shower. Besides that, great stay.

Great times i recommend it to anyone stopping by NO

• 14th Jul 2014

Good hostel with good vibes. Easy to meet people and get inspired to meet the city. A very Young atmosphere.

This is the worst hostelworld I've stayed in. The staff are rude and unfriendly, one guy is very overweight and always dresses grubily and ignores you once you've checked in. The tall dark lady only talks to you if she has to. My dorm was large but hadn't been swept in months and the bathrooms always unclean. The ceiling fan and air con was automatically switched off around 11pm every night leaving you to swelter. It's in a dodgy part of town but is close to the street cars which is something.

Our stay at India House in New Orleans was fantastic! Our room was in the newest building. I would compare it to a nice hotel...hardwood floors, fresh paint, very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the other backpackers we met were nice. They served breakfast and dinner for just $5 each which was great. The hostel was also quiet at night so going to bed early after an eventful day was easy. I would definitely stay again!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Great place to meet people! Breakfast and dinner are yummy and cheap as well if you dont feel like going downtown that early! Wifi is great (or was in our room!)

India House offered value for money. However, showers could vary in temperature, sometimes scolding and other times freezing (I stayed in Praise) and the politeness of staff varied considerably. The blonde lady who checked me out was particularly brash. I have moved on to Hotel Monteleone now, so can't really complain. For the most part, India House was delightful! When asked, the staff were happy to recommend things to do: the Maple Leaf being my favourite.

• 12th Jul 2014

Such a great hostel! It was our second time there and we enjoyed it as much as the first. All the staff are very polite and helpful no matter what time of day you nag them. The pool is lovely, food's nice, great patio area, and lounge inside. The rooms are great. I LOVE THIS HOSTEL!

It was great! Good price and good service. Will stay again for sure!!

• Peru

Amazing hostel, amazing staff. It was the perfect location and the cleanest hostel I have been in. The rooms had just the right amount of people and space. The staff were so helpful, almost like having a free tour guide service. Can't wait to go back.

• New Zealand

Fantastic location, great atmosphere and environment, accommodating staff . Truly a unique New-Orleans experience.

• 11th Jul 2014

I, as a senior lady(70+)traveling alone, I was very confortable with the younger guest at India House. Would do it all over again

• 10th Jul 2014

Very nice atmosphere and delicious homecooked dinner for only 5$ Probably one of the best places in New Orleans to meet fellow backpackers

Writing this review as I'm killing time waiting for my bus to Memphis and hating the idea of leaving this place. It's easily the best hostel I've stayed at. All the facilities you'd need from a hostel, a great atmosphere and unbelievably friendly and accommodating staff. (Shout out to Melissa for her help and friendly attitude.) 10/10 would recommend this place.

I expected a friendly place and found only a business. Although I stayed only one night so maybe my feedback is biased... Plus, at 31 I feel too old for this kind of place. But the truth is, beds are really not comfortable at all and I didn't sleep well !

• 9th Jul 2014

A fine hostel, book ahead

• 8th Jul 2014

This hostel has it's own special atmosphere and the staff is helpful. I didn't like it too much, just because I'm not the going cray drinking kind of traveling type. But it looked like people were having a good time. The staff was there 24/7 which I found really helpful when you have to leave 6 am. Its located just next to the streetcar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7