India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Nice hostel, accessible in spite of the slowliness of the street car. The staff is helpful. The only negative point though is that the computer that backpackers can use is very slow and thus not very convenient to use when you only have 15minutes.

So for the price the location was good.but it really clean .not bathrooms for everyone. Old house everything was dusty and not really clean. The bathrooms need to be updated ! They are working on it though. It was okay for a hostel,but compared to other ones I stayed in it so good. Last night I was there,there was a on the porch.they also do not that there is a cat running around everywhere .

• 30th Jan 2016

This place was great! Great atmosphere, and thestaff is very nice and welcoming.

• 29th Jan 2016

Awesome place to stay for the price! We had a private room with bathroom and it was tidy and quant. Plus we had access to all kitchen amenities and fresh coffee 24 hours a day! Right next to the trolley for easy transport to the quarter.

• 28th Jan 2016

From foggy and rainy Vancouver, Canada; I give thanks and appreciation for the staff at India House and for aiding me in having a wonderful time in N'Awlins! Monica

• 27th Jan 2016

Loved my short stay at the India House, felt very welcome and added to my New Orleans experience.

• 27th Jan 2016

The hostel is well located near the tramway but it is a bit old and the heater in our dorm didn't work... we were freezing (the blankets provided are super thin, luckily we had our sleeping bags). Bathrooms are okay... on our booking it was written "all tax included" but we had to pay extra tax.. why??? No idea.. so it is expensive for what it is! Atmosphere is "roots" and is not what we are looking for. For 2 nights is was okay.

There's a great relaxed atmosphere here which is very warming and welcoming. The cooked breakfast (which you have to pay for, but is definitely worth it) is very good and is the best I've ever had at a hostel. Staff are really friendly and helpful with anything you need. Would recommend to anyone and would certainly come back to this place. Downtown is a half hour walk or just a 5 minute taxi or tram.

The staff really made this hostel a 10/10 experience!

• 22nd Jan 2016

I met a lot of nice people. It was an amazing stay in India House Hotel. I will definitely visit again.

• India

What a wonderful experience. The staff at India House was nothing short of outstanding and the overall enviornment was beyond fantastic. I was able to make friends, explore the city, and enjoy my stay with complete ease. The decor was absolutely marvelous and told stories of hundreds of thousands of travelers from all over the world. I'll admit, I was quite homesick upon my original arrival, but I the staff and other guests quickly made me feel right at home. I will definitely be returning!

• 22nd Jan 2016

My only two complaints would be the rooms were very cold, the heating is really bad! And the blankets weren't so clean :/ Otherwise it is a very cosy hostel! Very easy to get to French Quarter from there! Also super quite neighbourhood!

Great hostel in a great location. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to New Orleans.

stayed at India House and had a pretty good experience last year, but this year was a little bit of a different story. The girls running the bookings were mostly pretty rude and unwelcoming, the cleanliness of the room/bathroom/and common area were all pretty subpar and the atmosphere seemed pretty lame. wont be staying here again

• 19th Jan 2016

India House hostel was exactly what I was looking for- super laid back, well organized place to stay. I stayed in one of the double suit rooms which was VERY nice, especially for 30 bucks a night. I loved the ambience of the place- it was my kind of vibe. I read a bunch of reviews about how the bathrooms were unkempt or something, but I'd have to disagree with that. The private room bathrooms were on par with regular hotels I've stayed at. Communal bathrooms were basically like any college dorms

• 16th Jan 2016

Breakfast and dinner were great to have!

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Iran

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you very much.

• 15th Jan 2016

Really cool spot, good food, clean rooms. It's a cheap ride to Bourbon St. and felt pretty secure inside. I'd go back.

• 15th Jan 2016

I thought the hostel was great! Only suggestion I would make for the hostel is to provide alittle bit better upkeep of he bathrooms. Aside from this it was a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Jan 2016

The staff are friendly and there are plenty of opportunities to interact with other campers. They provide dinner for a reasonable cost. Nightly cost is excellent, but my room did get cold and the blanket they gave me wasn't adequate. However, they happily gave me a second blanket when I asked. You do have to buy a towel if you don't bring one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7