India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

My stay at the India House Hostel was wonderful. The location was great, just a short street car ride down to the downtown area. Every single staff member was extremely friendly and willing to help direct us wherever we needed to go. The whole hostel was very quirky and awesome, the most unique hostel I have visited thus far. I left my belongings out and didn't worry about theft at all. It was a very pleasant stay and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

My very first experience in a hostel and it was one of the best weekends of my life. Met the most incredible,kind,funny,and memorable people. The hostel was incredible in itself with its character and charm. The bunk was fine,pool was great,staff was accommodating. I will definitely be back.

Great vibes and staff. Wish there were more bathrooms. Really easy to meet people and hang out, the pool is awesome as is the AC on the downstairs level. Had a really great time here, would def come back!!!

Best hostel I've been too, don't be fooled by what it looks like out side we nearly ran away!!

The owner needs to learn that prejudice and lack of respect for city code is going to get his place shut down.

• 21st Jun 2015

Lovely atmosphere, clean room, and friendly staff! We were very happy with our stay!

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel was overpriced for what it was. I had a private room and there were cockroaches. The bathroom had not been cleaned. I could tell the bathroom had not been cleaned because there was hair in the shower and the bathroom trash had not been taken out. The sink was also clogged. The bedding was way poor and the sheet was this weird material. Overall the room was gross.

• 20th Jun 2015

The bathroom were not clean at all

• 20th Jun 2015

The people who work here are nice but the rooms are not good at all. Initially we were assigned a private room. When we wanted to sleep at night there was zillions of mosquitos in our rooms. And also, the beds were not clean or similar to the photos shown on the website. But when we called the desk, they immediately came to help us and offered us another room with better situation. So beds not good but people good. That location is also accesible with public transit from major touristic destin

• 19th Jun 2015

much better options available

• 18th Jun 2015

Loved the feel on this place. Staff and guests were all friendly and easy going. It was a bit out of the way, but the streetcar is close and runs every 10 minutes. Will definitely be recommending!

• 18th Jun 2015

This hostel is very relaxed and the people there were very friendly and welcoming. I could have partied there every night instead of going out. The pool is a great feature. This is my favorite hostel ever.

• 17th Jun 2015

I loved staying here. The atmosphere was unique and fun. People staying at the hostel and staff were welcoming and kind. It's very easy to get from the hostel to the French Quater and City Park. The front desk needs to be better managed and it would be nice for the front desk person to orient the guests on a map with just a quick couple of things about the city.

• 16th Jun 2015

I dont really rate this hostel and wouldnt stay again. It's a fair way from the city but thats not really a problem as there is an easy tram to get there. They have a pool but there was always children in it while I was there. The place seems kinda messy and the staff seemed really unorganised. The front desk was hardly ever attended. I have stayed in hostels in over 40 countries but not many in USA so it could just be that this is the standard of hostels in USA. Others seemed to like this place

I really loved the pool, with the louisiana heat it is a nice relief. I would like to see a bar area, I think that could be a good addition.

The service of the grumpy guys don't add to the enjoyment of staying there, like if they are not happy with the job. Go do something else!!!! The girls were very kind, so just fire the guys and let the girls run the show. Atmosphere was good, kind of like a studentdorm. But toilets.. 'bathrooms' dont even call it that way.. are nasty. Terrible smell when I arrived in the dorm, sticky feet etc./ then the key didnt work proper (go fix it!!)/ all added up to me leaving the place early. :(

interesting hostel with great interior. easy access to French quarter etc via street car. breakfast not included which is a shame and paid breakfast not great value. Two female staff members on desk duty were very helpful and friendly. Not very clean compared to previous hostels we've stayed at particularly bathroom.

You will either love it for its character or hate it because the whole joint needs a desperate renovation.

Great place to meet fellow travelers and good comradery however a few of the staff are stuck up they take things that aren't yours and have horrible customer service e

• 15th Jun 2015

Place is great recommend it to everyone

• 14th Jun 2015