India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Location = v. easy to get to by streetcar or a $10 cab ride from the French Quarter. Comfortable and fairly clean, with sparse furniture but sheets/blankets provided. We had a private room, shared bath (2 toilets/3 showers in the house, all private but on the main hall). The lock on the door to our room was broken but the staff was very helpful & apologetic. We were able to leave our valuables there all week (before it was fixed on our last day) without having anything disturbed/taken.

• 24th Mar 2015

This is the best hostel in the world. It gets only better with time!

• 22nd Mar 2015

I had a great time meeting new people and making new friends from all over the world. The pool and common areas were ample and had a chilled out vibe. The facilities themselves can be a little better like more comfortable mattresses and non creaky and non squeaky bunk beds. Being a hostel you know its not a hotel and you don't ask for too much more, but this is basic. The beds made noise every time someone would turn in their sleep. Everything else was great. I would definitely come back.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

will be coming back to India House for my next trip to NOLA!

• 21st Mar 2015

Good facilities. Very nicely decorated and it has a pool, which was awesome! The India House is located one minute from a trolley stop that takes you right to the French Quarter and it runs until 4 am. Perfect! Great hostel in a amazing city! I really recommend it!!

Our private room needed sweeping, the bathroom needed a good scrub, and the lack of hand soap in our bathroom was irritating. Otherwise, our stay was enjoyable. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was friendly. We found the location to be convenient enough to the French Quarter for our purposes, and the availability of parking was a big bonus.

The place was really really unclean, especially in the showers/bathrooms, but everywhere else as well. There weren't any towels left for us, we had to use sheets. The staff was nice though !

• 20th Mar 2015

Really really dirty showers and rooms

• 19th Mar 2015

It's convenient to get everywhere by bus. Bus stop is 1 minute away. Love this place. It's the best choice for poor students ^^

I planned to stay for one night, but loved it so much I extended my stay for one more night before going onto my destination. I then booked a room on my way back through from my vacation because I enjoyed the people, the facilities and the environment so much! It will always be my first place to look when I need to stay in New Orleans.

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a fantastic time staying at India House. I especially loved the meals prepared by the Hostel's chefs. I would definitely return to India House in the future and will recommend it to my friends.

• 18th Mar 2015

Had a good time in Nola. The India House was definetely the right choice!

• Austria

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST RAISE YOUR PRICES ON HOLIDAYS BUT DOUBLING THE PRICES IS TOO MUCH. I PAID $160.00 FOR 2 NIGHTS FOR A ROOM THAT DID NOT HAVE VENTILATION AND A FAN THAT DID NOT WORK IN ADDITION, ONE EVENING,. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER AND I COULD NOT TAKE A SHOWER. ONE STAFF OFFER ED TO CHANGE MY ROOM. I WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE MY PACK AGAIN, THEN DRESSED UP, GET OUT OF THE BUILDING TO GO TO ANOTHER ONE. WELL I WAS TOO TIRED TO DO THAT.

• 16th Mar 2015

The atmosphere in the Hostel is great and the decoration very cozy. Reminds that period of love and peace and people just get into this vibe. The only criticism I have is with the cleanliness, maybe because it was St. Patrick's and Spring Break week and hard to manage, but people were drinking and eating in the rooms and nobody said nothing although they had to go to the rooms to show for new guests. And some food containers were all marked black because of the moisture in the kitchen.

Very good hostel with excellent value for the money! All of the facilities were very well kept and the hostel definitely has a young vibe surrounding it. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to any other young budget travellers!

• 16th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel enjoyed my stay a lot. very clean , friendly staff, nice facilities

• 15th Mar 2015

very convenient. great atmosphere. clean rooms.

It's not a clean hostel. Feels like I was in a old thrift shop. Above me was a bed with a lot of old clothes and smell really really bad. The price is ok, but things like this bother me.

This place is awesome. It's right next to canal street so it's easy to get most places. Staff is helpful and friendly. Huge common area for people to meet and hang out. Relaxed atmosphere- big kitchen to use. I've already recommended friends to stay if they're in New Orleans!

Great time, friendly staff!!

• 14th Mar 2015