India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I stayed there 12 years ago and it was ok, but after going back it has improved a lot. Rooms are much better and the woman who answered all my questions was brilliant.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • South Africa

I love this hostel, can't wait to come back!!

We had a great time in the hostel, the place is awesome and with lots of common areas.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Great stay here. Best atmosphere. Easty to meet people and not in a bad location.

Great atmosphere, always people around to meet. Hostel offers breakfast and dinner at small cost and there are fast food/whole foods a short walk away. Street car (tram) 2 min walk from hostel that takes you right to the french quarter. The showers in our part of the hostel had very weak water pressure. The place itself is quite run down but it has a lot of character and still feels homely. Staff are nice but sytem is very old, everything hand written, have to pay in cash if stay is under $80

This place is great, especially if you are travelling solo. Has an awesome atmosphere. The pool is pretty sweet as well. Wasn't so much in the way of security as anyone can really walk into the building but I always felt safe. The kitchen could do with some upgrading. And I really wish they wouldn't use plastic plates and cutlery, its such a waste!!! The place was 10 mins from Bourbon Street on the streetcar so a really ideal location!

Staff was great. They are always there if you need something. They put up schedule of events in the area everyday. Will say that the room I stayed in was nice for a hostel was a private room looked like it had been redone not long ago. Air Conditioning was great and had ceiling fan. Though some of the common areas are being redone right now it was still functional and Location is easy to get almost anywhere in the entire city. Lots of Place to go close by also. Will stay here again for Sure.

Great hostel. Stayed for 3 nights it has a real traveller hostel feel. Quirky inside decor and a pool outside which you can chill by. Breakfast is overpriced but there are food places nearby. Free parking right outside the hostel and a tram ride away from town. Rooms are spacious with 2 bathrooms and met lots of people there. 24h front desk and helpful staff too. Would recommend to anyone!

Amazing atmosphere! Very friendly and helpful staff. Brilliant location! Fantastic value for money. Highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again.

• 27th Aug 2015

I loved the Hostel, the vibe and the people I met. Absolutely cannot fault a pool, cheap breakfast, close and cheap tram line and great people. I can imagine people are quick to judge all the writing on the wall but I loved it. Great character And so cheap

We loved staying here and will definitely come back! The pool and lounge are great. Super comfy sofas for when the sun gets too much. We would love to see some speakers installed for music and some group activities going on. Location was fab really easy to get around. The cheap breakfast and dinner is so good you should do more! we didn't eat anywhere else its so refreshing to have a good meal without paying loads! Thanks so much

• 26th Aug 2015

Cheap but horrible environment.

• 25th Aug 2015

When we got there the man was very friendly, it was very hot though and the air con didn't cool the room down very well. The facilities weren't to a particularly good standard. The interior was very interesting to look at and there was a lot of art on the wall making this place very quirky. However if you're looking for somewhere more comfortable and clean I wouldn't recommend this to you.

It is a very friendly place, I would love to go back again. The staff is kind and helpful. Totally worth the money.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Great atmosphere, young persons hostel. Its great to have a pool and that they provide food for purchase as almost all hours. Hygiene of the kitchen needs to be improved as I have seen some cockroaches and other bugs. Its located out of the main part of town however the tram line is right outside and its cheap to get in.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I absolutely loved the hostel, the atmosphere was great, fantastic value for money. I would recommend it to anyone, infact I already have.

Accommodations and location was well worth the money. Kitchen was adequate to make simple meals, lots of space for beverages.. just make sure you label your stuff. Always a chance to meet interesting people as this place was quite busy at all times.

• 18th Aug 2015

Had a great time, great staff with a great atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2015

A great hostel with a sociable atmosphere. The rooms were slightly old and not that great ,but minus that the hostel was great A good kitchen, lobby, wifi, beer garden and pool. I my stay here.

While the staff at India House could have been more welcoming, the private room we stayed in was clea and the hostel was so close to downtown.

• 17th Aug 2015