India House Backpackers Hostel

8.2
Fabulous 6063 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017

A great place to stay in New Orleans. It's rough round the edges and needs a touch of paint here and there, but it is kept well clean. There is a bit of a hippie vibe about the hostel, although there was a good variety of ages and personalities while I was there. There are fridges to store your food and beer, a nice outdoor area for socialising, TVs, and a pool. They also cook excellent meals, which are inexpensive. It is a minute's walk from the trolley which goes right into downtown.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2017

Awesome friendly staff! Location is incredible, steps away from the streetcar. Pool was clean, food was served twice a day, lots of refrigerators to keep your food and drinks.

• Australia, Female, 41+
20th Apr 2017

Loved my stay, funky decor and fun loving people

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Apr 2017
7.7

The room I stayed in was EXTREMELY cold at night, I could hear everything in the rooms on each side of me (yuck). That's my only complaint. Other than that the staff was excellent, the facility smelled good everytine I walked through, the kitchen stayed clean, everyone is friendly. It's a great place to stay if you're passing through. They just have to make sure nobody gets drunk their. Because one person got pissy drunk where I stayed and they woke me up at 3am 😒😡They

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Apr 2017
7.4

Staff were really good, kitchen and fridges were good, comfortable chill areas. Little bit overpriced and my room was a little dirty and smelly and not the hostels fault but had a lot of weird people in the room

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017
8.0

My group stayed in on the of the dorm rooms in the main house, so I can only speak from that experience. Yes, the house is old and a bit rickety but it compensated with it's charm and social atmosphere. I loved all the art throughout the house. Wasn't the cleanest place, and reminded me more of a frat house that I know, but I still enjoyed the stay. I liked the fact that they give you the linens and you make your own bed. Met loads of great people, would stay again.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 25-30
24th Mar 2017

Me and my friend stayed at the hostel for a week after a work visit to NC. The location was good, only a second away from the nearest streetcar stop and a walking distance from a neighbourhood supermarket and some nice local restaurants (we definitely recommend Mona's Café and Clesi's, both on Bank St.). The staff was friendly and helpful and the food they served every morning and evening was delicious. Good place to relax and meet new people. We're definitely planning to come back!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

Had a great time. We've stayed in several hostels in the area and very much appreciated the courtyard. Couldn't have been better.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017

This place is great value for money, super close to a tram line that runs all night into the French quarter. Real bohemian vibes, relaxed homely atmosphere. Lots of group activities and they cook meals everyday for pretty cheap if you're on a budget $5 dinners! We had a blast :)

22nd Mar 2017
3.7

I have lived in about 50+ hostels in my travel journey. Don't go here. This is a filthy, run down, smelly hostel. I chose this hostel because of it's location and free street parking. That is the only good part. All the bad reviews you read are true. I arrived late night. I chose dorm as I wanted to get up early morning and leave to French quarter. There are only about 3 bathrooms and 3-6 showers for more than 20 people. Beds were uncomfortable and squeaky. People were making noise until 4am.