India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

The place was very dirty. Staff members unexperienced and/or not willing to help.

All dorms were booked on Hostelworld so I had to book into a private room. When I got there the guy at the reception told me that there was dorms available and changed it for me. But he said that I couldn't use my $ 11 deposit that I already paid for it? So I kinda lost out on that money. Other than that the hostel is pretty average. I had to wait half an hour to check out and the hostel is not the cleanest you' ll ever see.

Great staff, great location, cool people, cheap breakfast til 1 and free coffee.....I'll be back

• 1st May 2015

What an awesome place! Basically everything you need is right here! It's easy to get to the busier parts of the city on the streetcars, but the hostel itself is in a quiet neighborhood, which was really nice. We had an awesome stay, loved the atmosphere.

• 29th Apr 2015

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm but there were on 6 lockers.

Great people. Helluva good time.

• 24th Apr 2015

This is a good place to meet people. The pool and yard area are a nice touch, the common rooms are homey, and the kitchen is fully functional. There are a limited number of bathrooms in the main part of the house, and they're not always extremely clean. Some of the staff is not the most friendly, but others are exceptional.

not for everyone but fantastic if you value real people and good times

Good hostel

Every person of the staff are not really friendly.. But the atmosphere with the others travelers is awesome if you're not too shy. I was traveling alone and I met awesome people there.

you get what you pay for, really no complaints from me though it has everything you need and is very close to the cable car which is a convenient ride down to the French quarter

I don't recommned this place to anyone , if is so unclean and dirty and smelly , very inconvenient bathes, bad facilities , uncomfortable bed and weird atmosphere , not safe enough for women as the staff is not strict about the rules . Only the common place is good and it's location is good too It is the worst experience on hostels I have

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Egypt

Very friendly cat! :)

I loved this place - unlike any hostel I've ever stayed in. It's so easy to get to the best bits of NOLA from here and there are loads of things in walking distance too. The people were great and it had everything one would need (the pool was awesome). It might not be the cleanest hostel in the world but it makes up for that in character.

It was very hard to feel comfortable here because it was so dirty. The bathrooms, the dorms, the kitchen all had dust and dirt hanging from walls to floor. The staff was doing the best they could. It needs a serious cleaning, painting and furniture update. There need to be hooks and shelving/cubbies in the dorms and bathrooms. Tiles in bathroom broken. Toilet seats were ill-fitted. We did not want to hang out here and left and stayed away as long as possible.

• 13th Apr 2015

The people we met at the hostel were excellent. .the staff were not. They were a bit rude and non informational. .there was also a cat inhabiting the hostel which I did not know and there was nothing on the website about it. And I am highly allergic to cats and had a bad allergic reaction. I stayed at this location 2 years ago prior to last week and had a great experience. This stay however. . Was not. I most likely will not stay here again

• 13th Apr 2015

Nice place, nice people... Can't wait to come back !

• 12th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the proximity to the Canal Street streetcar, so although the location is a little bit out of the central sites of interest, it was inexpensive ($1.25 single fare, $3.00 day pass) and an enjoyable experience riding the streetcars.

The rooms were quite, they provide a breakfast for reasonable costs,

Amazing experience! Staff was very helpful and the facilities were very clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 9th Apr 2015