India House Backpackers Hostel

Fabulous 6184 Total Reviews
Fabulous 6184 Total Reviews

7th Aug 2017

I would definitely recommend this hostel. It has a great atmosphere with plentiful amenities and the pool is great. The location has easy access to downtown and a wonderful atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

1st Aug 2017
8.0

A bit out of the way, but the tram is located very conveniently nearby and takes you straight to French Quarter in around 30 minutes. Great place to meet people.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
28th Jul 2017

lovely place to stay. location is not too far off French quarter, probably 20 mins away from train ride.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
24th Jul 2017
8.0

We were only in town for a day, but India House was a great stay to crash and recharge before heading on the road again. There was thankfully some off-street parking available. Staff was friendly and helpful with giving us a full tour of the property and offering recommendations for sightseeing. Lots of common areas for people to mingle, as well as a pool! Our private double was a bit cramped and it would have been nice to have a private bathroom, but in the end we didn't need anything fancy.

We're glad you managed to recharge and hit the road again. Thanks for the review, and thanks for staying with us. We do have private rooms with private bathrooms, however you did book a private room with shared bathroom. Next time you visit we'll upgrade you free of charge. Happy travels.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017

Super cool hostel in a great location- just a short street car on canal which gets you down to the french quarter in 10 min. Lots of places to hang out in the hostel (inside and out) where you can meet people, cheap breakfast in mornings, and the dorm we stayed in was super spacious and quiet. Wish they would have soap in the bathrooms and towels for rent rather than purchase, but other than that would 100% come back!

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2017

My favourite hostel I stayed in for my trip in the USA. The staff here were so much fun and really friendly. The pool here is great and the hostel puts on cheap meals for breakfast and dinner if you don't want to eat out. The outside area is huge and easy to meet new people. Must be the best hostel in New Orleans!

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2017

I love it here overall. Good vibe and atmospheres to mingle with others and friendly staff. I like the exact look as it is which reminded me of what i used to be in India.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was way better than I expected! Cool atmosphere, cool staff, cool people. Right next to a streetcar stop so its in a good location to get around the city. Great value for your money! Def would come back!

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

This was my 2nd hostel, and I really loved it! I actually didn't leave the hostel for 3 days. It's clean, safe, fun and welcoming. The pool is great, the breakfast/dinner is good, and the staff are amazing. It was a really fun to meet people from all over the world this way. I definitely recommend it if you're staying in NOLA. Not directly in the city, but a quick shot down canal st, and you're there. Can't go wrong for the price of this place. Love it 🖤

Thanks so much for your great review. We're so pleased you enjoyed the hostel to the fullest. Hope to have you stay again in the future. Happy travels.

13th Jul 2017

Bedrooms have really good cooling for the humidity in the city. It's a real good location with the French Quarter easily accessible by foot and train car. They hostel itself is way bigger than it looks and they always got cheap meals available. Well worth the price.