India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm but there were on 6 lockers.

Great people. Helluva good time.

• 24th Apr 2015

not for everyone but fantastic if you value real people and good times

Good hostel

Every person of the staff are not really friendly.. But the atmosphere with the others travelers is awesome if you're not too shy. I was traveling alone and I met awesome people there.

you get what you pay for, really no complaints from me though it has everything you need and is very close to the cable car which is a convenient ride down to the French quarter

I don't recommned this place to anyone , if is so unclean and dirty and smelly , very inconvenient bathes, bad facilities , uncomfortable bed and weird atmosphere , not safe enough for women as the staff is not strict about the rules . Only the common place is good and it's location is good too It is the worst experience on hostels I have

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Egypt

Very friendly cat! :)

I loved this place - unlike any hostel I've ever stayed in. It's so easy to get to the best bits of NOLA from here and there are loads of things in walking distance too. The people were great and it had everything one would need (the pool was awesome). It might not be the cleanest hostel in the world but it makes up for that in character.

It was very hard to feel comfortable here because it was so dirty. The bathrooms, the dorms, the kitchen all had dust and dirt hanging from walls to floor. The staff was doing the best they could. It needs a serious cleaning, painting and furniture update. There need to be hooks and shelving/cubbies in the dorms and bathrooms. Tiles in bathroom broken. Toilet seats were ill-fitted. We did not want to hang out here and left and stayed away as long as possible.

• 13th Apr 2015

The people we met at the hostel were excellent. .the staff were not. They were a bit rude and non informational. .there was also a cat inhabiting the hostel which I did not know and there was nothing on the website about it. And I am highly allergic to cats and had a bad allergic reaction. I stayed at this location 2 years ago prior to last week and had a great experience. This stay however. . Was not. I most likely will not stay here again

• 13th Apr 2015

Nice place, nice people... Can't wait to come back !

• 12th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the proximity to the Canal Street streetcar, so although the location is a little bit out of the central sites of interest, it was inexpensive ($1.25 single fare, $3.00 day pass) and an enjoyable experience riding the streetcars.

The rooms were quite, they provide a breakfast for reasonable costs,

Amazing experience! Staff was very helpful and the facilities were very clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 9th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at India house, it's a great place if you're looking for a social environment. I was here during the week and it was still full of interesting people from all backgrounds. When I come through on my next trip, I'll definitely be staying here again

This is really the ideal backpacker place. Great atmosphere, every facility you can dream of is available (for little extra cost), nice location, staff is extremely helpful and knows a lot about the area . We stayed in the double room with private bathroom several times and would recommend this place to anyone coming to NOLA.

• 7th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel! Felt safe and great location. Some staff were slightly rude though.

• 7th Apr 2015

The staff can really set the vibe for a hostel. In my opinion, they could do a better job at making the hostel guests feel welcome. Otherwise, the property is beautiful and somewhat conveniently located if you don't mind taking the train for about 15 minutes to reach the French Quarter.

• 7th Apr 2015

We had a great time at India House. The dorm was clean and all the staff were very helpful. Loved the atmosphere at this hostel - everyone was there to have fun.

• 6th Apr 2015