India House Backpackers Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 6123 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

This was my first hostel experience and it was awesome! The staff was very friendly and the place was very clean. Really cool atmosphere, I highly recommend it!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

This was the best hostel i've stayed at in the USA so far. The staff were so friendly and helpful.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017
7.1

I was first put off with India house but the grungy hostel atmosphere grew on me. My wife and stayed in a private room with private bathroom which was perfect for what we needed. The a/c was a godsend as the humidity would have been unbearable to sleep in. Staff were ultra friendly and informative. Common areas were good. The Location at first seemed a bit far from the action but being on Canal st. made the street car at really accessible. Overall I was really happy with my 4 nights stay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

Had a private room, and definitely recommend it - if you like to socialize but also like privacy. Especially with amenities, I like having my own shower and restroom area. Enjoyed the stay, would go back.

6th Jun 2017

The facilities were all quite adequate and comfortable and the staff that helped me were all great. I am older than the average hostel guest and, although I did not request it or particularly need it, the girl who checked me in went out of her way to find me a bottom bunk convenient to a rest room. When a mistake was made concerning my sheets. etc., it was quickly and pleasantly correct. I appreciated the free coffee, cups, forks, etc. furnished in the kitchen. The breakfast was good and cheap.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Really nice hostel, has a really cool atmosphere! 1 minute walk to tram into town. Staff are super helpful!

• Poland, Couple, 18-24
30th May 2017
6.9

Our stay was alright, however over half the staff we encountered had unpleasant attitude. They replied with a tense tone to us and others. The questions we asked were simple and polite, so no need for such aggression. Please make sure that staff who work there understand that it's a customer based service, not about when their next break is coming up. Furthermore, we stayed at the Bunkhouse and it was dirty! Trash on floor and girl working there just shrugged her shoulders when she saw it?!

30th May 2017

Loved this place! I have stayed at a few different hostels and cheap hotels in New Orleans. I lucked out on this one, cause I got the last bed in a dorm room and found this place to be so much more than a bed for the night. Great food served out back at night and for breakfast, and while I immediately noticed the pool, I didn't realize what that would mean for my short stay until my plans changed and I ended up hanging out poolside all day. I made friends from France, NZ, UK, US. What a gem!!!

• India, Couple, 31-40
27th May 2017

The best hostel I stayed in so far with so much space to hang around and a pool too, but there was still weed smell!

• USA, Male, 18-24
27th May 2017

India House was my first hostel experience, and they set the bar pretty high. Awesome bohemian atmosphere in a quiet oasis just a short trolley ride from the bustling action of the city, within walking distance of several great restaurants & bars (though they also served cheap meals daily - breakfast was awesome!) The staff was stellar - very friendly, chill, and helpful when we needed advice or to schedule a tour. Every day they write a list of local events/music on whiteboards at the desk.