India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I really enjoyed staying here. I got to meet a lot of cool people. The staff were knowledgeable and able to recommend things to do. I stayed in the mixed dorm which I was a little concerned about being a woman but it wasn't a problem. No one bothered me and people were very polite.

• 1st Aug 2015

Very cool hostel, easy access to take bus to go to everywhere. I recommend!

The hostel has a great atmosphere and is well located. The showers and beds are not good. Plus they do not have towels to rent, Only to sell.

Had the best time here!!! Better then I ever expected!!

• 30th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Easy to make friends and most nights there are wild so be prepared to bender if you stay there. The pool is a great feature especially when it's disgustingly hot in the summer time there . Only bad thing I'll say is that some of the older staff are really grumpy and hostile. Would definitely stay there again if I ever return to New Orleans. Cheers.

This is a great place to party and meet people from all over the world. You can bring your own booze and there is always people having drinks and partying throughout the night. I would not recommend staying here if you want a quiet trip in New Orleans. I had an absolute ball here besides one of the owners telling a guy I met that he hoped he gets arrested. Pretty uncalled for over a broken glass. But besides that would definitely come back and recommend this place to anyone with an iron liver.

• 29th Jul 2015

I had a very good experience at India House Hostel. The staff is kind and friendly, and you receive good recommendations whenever you ask. The Hostel is not very close to French Quarter, but there's a bus stop just at the corner. I took a room with private bathroom and everything was completely clean and comfy, and it wasn't expensive at all. It has all the facilities required and I definitely recommend it!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

They need to provide a blanket along with the sheets. Also, the facilities (bathroom and shower) should be air conditioned.

• 28th Jul 2015

Just having the pool to cool-down in was enough to keep me happy!

• 27th Jul 2015

Love this place! Great vibe, kind staff and a chilled environment. All you need is there and close by. Going back for another night before I leave town!

• 27th Jul 2015

A nice clean place with a relaxed atmosphere. We had the misfortune of visiting NOLA during a water issue (brain eating bacteria) but India House was otherwise a very pleasant stay. I'd book a room here again if I came back to the Big Easy.

My mate and I had a quick swing through India. Loved the vibe and everyone was very welcoming. Big hostel with lots of potential to meet new friends :) !! Party on Wayne!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Pool was great. Good recommendations for things to do and places to go - they suggested Hi Ho Lounge on our first night which was a blast! Showers only had a curtain, no door or lock which I found a bit uncomfortable but otherwise bathrooms were very clean. Slightly further out of the city centre but about halfway between City Park and town which was great (city park is beautiful! so underrated) Would recommend and would stay here again.

We had the greatest time, it was so welcoming and lively! We met great people and have super memories. I'll recommend it to anyone staying in the city. And hope to come again!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very nice hostel, nice atmosphere, I had a great time there ! Just two minor things : - I had linens not adapted to the mattress (too small), ie the sheet was always getting out the mattress and most of the night I was sleeping on the dirty plastic mattress that was pretty uncomfortable - There's a guy, making breakfast on morning... He's so rude that pretty annoying and spoils a bit the nice and cool atmosphere of the place

• 21st Jul 2015

Thanks for the hospitality. I hope to stay there again when in New Orleans...

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a great time at the hostel. Staff were not totally helpful all the time but were fine. Great pool, close to Frenchman and bourbon street. I would recommend people to stay here.

Fantastic place! Very New Orleans. I rented a bike instead of a car, and staying at this place was perfect: I was able to ride to downtown, Bywater, City Park, Garden District. Also, for an above ground pool, its was pretty sweet and well maintained. Awesome place. Highly recommend.

• 16th Jul 2015

The hostel was easy to find and close to the FQ. The "backyard" with a stage was nice, as were the ample areas to store food. Our room (12-bed female-only) was simple but adequate. We liked the overall "feel" of the place. The woman who showed us around so friendly and helpful, but after that, the men working at the counter were extremely unpleasant. As much as I liked the rest of the hostel, their sour dispositions and bad attitudes would deter me from staying there again.

Lovely property. It just needs a serious update. A little bit of paint and some spring cleaning!!!

• 16th Jul 2015