India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

This is the best hostel in the world. It gets only better with time!

• 22nd Mar 2015

I had a great time meeting new people and making new friends from all over the world. The pool and common areas were ample and had a chilled out vibe. The facilities themselves can be a little better like more comfortable mattresses and non creaky and non squeaky bunk beds. Being a hostel you know its not a hotel and you don't ask for too much more, but this is basic. The beds made noise every time someone would turn in their sleep. Everything else was great. I would definitely come back.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

will be coming back to India House for my next trip to NOLA!

• 21st Mar 2015

Good facilities. Very nicely decorated and it has a pool, which was awesome! The India House is located one minute from a trolley stop that takes you right to the French Quarter and it runs until 4 am. Perfect! Great hostel in a amazing city! I really recommend it!!

Our private room needed sweeping, the bathroom needed a good scrub, and the lack of hand soap in our bathroom was irritating. Otherwise, our stay was enjoyable. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was friendly. We found the location to be convenient enough to the French Quarter for our purposes, and the availability of parking was a big bonus.

The place was really really unclean, especially in the showers/bathrooms, but everywhere else as well. There weren't any towels left for us, we had to use sheets. The staff was nice though !

• 20th Mar 2015

Really really dirty showers and rooms

• 19th Mar 2015

It's convenient to get everywhere by bus. Bus stop is 1 minute away. Love this place. It's the best choice for poor students ^^

I planned to stay for one night, but loved it so much I extended my stay for one more night before going onto my destination. I then booked a room on my way back through from my vacation because I enjoyed the people, the facilities and the environment so much! It will always be my first place to look when I need to stay in New Orleans.

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a fantastic time staying at India House. I especially loved the meals prepared by the Hostel's chefs. I would definitely return to India House in the future and will recommend it to my friends.

• 18th Mar 2015

The atmosphere in the Hostel is great and the decoration very cozy. Reminds that period of love and peace and people just get into this vibe. The only criticism I have is with the cleanliness, maybe because it was St. Patrick's and Spring Break week and hard to manage, but people were drinking and eating in the rooms and nobody said nothing although they had to go to the rooms to show for new guests. And some food containers were all marked black because of the moisture in the kitchen.

Very good hostel with excellent value for the money! All of the facilities were very well kept and the hostel definitely has a young vibe surrounding it. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to any other young budget travellers!

• 16th Mar 2015

This place is awesome. It's right next to canal street so it's easy to get most places. Staff is helpful and friendly. Huge common area for people to meet and hang out. Relaxed atmosphere- big kitchen to use. I've already recommended friends to stay if they're in New Orleans!

Great time, friendly staff!!

• 14th Mar 2015

Everything was awesome. Our private room wasn't as nice as the 12 bed dorm room which was surprising, but no complaints there! One thing I have to say is one of the workers from Wisconsin was pretty rude and put off a bad vibe, who was unfortunately the first guy we talked to at the hostel. Other than him, everything was pleasant and I would return!

• 14th Mar 2015

This was my second time staying at the India House, the first time was 6 years ago my wife and I had a blast then so we decided we would go again and it has only gotten better. The only downside of this place is the location, it is pretty far from the quarter or garden district or any other neighborhood you really want to hang out in; however, it is super close to public transportation and that makes it well worth it. It would be great if you had a bike or scooter. Great place Great times!

• 13th Mar 2015

This hostel has a great common area with a good community environment. It's not really close to the French Quarter but you can easily take the street car there. We stayed in a private twin room and it was clean but tiny.

India House is fantastic and made our stay most enjoyable.

• 10th Mar 2015

I did not stay at the hostel. I had to cancel my reservation. I cannot comment on the service since I have not been there yet.

• 10th Mar 2015

I really wanted to love this hostel because it had such a great vibe, but I didn't enjoy our room at all. We booked a private four person with an ensuite bathroom for two nights. The shower had no fan, which caused the room to stay humid and damp the entire time we were there even if we tried to leave the main door open to let air out. The water also easily spilled out and kept the floor of the bathroom wet. Beds were also uncomfortable and very noisy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7