India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Front door needs a lock, or staff should be confirming whether or not someone is staying there when they enter the building. Also, the place was generally grungy. Clean where it really needed to be, but overall sort of yuck. I talked with several staff people and, while they did their job, they were not friendly. There was this undertone of unhappiness or something. Ironic in a place where all over the walls were statements "India House=Love." House was filled with wonderful art!

• 15th Dec 2014

i loved this hostel! it was my first time in a hostel in the united states and i really enjoyed it

I wished the breakfast menu didn't change, it was not very tasty and mostly I miss the eye-opener !!! But for the rest I enjoyed very much my stay at India House :)

• 14th Dec 2014

It was cool. Lacking in costumer service, my expectations were low.

• 12th Dec 2014

Some rooms are very noisy and dirty, there are some strange folks around, there are no silverware and plates in the kitchen, it was not possible to see the room before paying, cockroaches in the kitchen, one stuff member refused us to change or upgrade the room

• 9th Dec 2014

Absolutely loved my stay here. Has a very welcoming feel and a perfect chilled atmosphere. Street trolley is maybe 100m from the door. Very easy to get into town. Staff were very accommodating and I was able to check into my room at 7:30am. Not the most modern hostel but still very comfortable. This place won't be for everyone, but if you like a relaxed atmosphere to meet new people in, then you will enjoy your time here.

Really nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Private rooms were good.

Good location but its very dirty :The bedrooms , the tables outside,the living room and the worst the bathrooms!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Great dinners and breakfast, way better than anything we expected!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I went with my 23 year old son, he really enjoyed it. He met so many people while there that is why I choice the hostel. I am also a lifetime member. So I have to support what I think is important and that is to meet as many cultures as possible while traveling. Thanks for our stay.

• 1st Dec 2014

Amazing atmosphere and environment. Would recommend. But.. Rooms really need a good clean, new blankets. And better showers

• 30th Nov 2014

The staff were a little miserable looking but nevertheless helpful.

• 29th Nov 2014

Good localization with very close public transportation. Breakfast is around 5$ (Many choices) non include with the room. Only one negative point it was cold in the room.

It was a great budget place to stay in New Orleans. Getting around was very easy, and there was always plenty of free parking by the hostel. There was ample food storage and the hostel was reasonably clean. I liked the outdoor kitchen. Originally my husband and I had booked a double bed, but the first room we looked at was really bare bones and extremely small - it reminded me of "bungalows" in S.E. Asia. We were moved to a bunk room inside a building which was much better.

We arrived there at the 26th of November and our room was really cold at the first night. The fixed the problem with blankets and radioators but I would recommend to take a sleeping bag with you. But the hospitality at the Hostel was great they had a big Thanksgigving dinner for all the guest and the Staff (for free!).

What would make this place perfect is OUTDOOR HEATERS outside the back! A great social atmosphere. Breakfast selection is definately worth paying for. For Thanksgiving they cooked a HUGE feast, turkey and all the trimmings, which was free for everyone staying. Best food I've had in 9 months of travelling. Just shows how kind and awsome this hostel is. Do it, book it now!

Very social hostel with great people.

Really close to trolley, so super easy and cheap to get into town.

you get what you pay for

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Serbia

Amazing place to stay in Nola... staff has great recommendations about music, food, etc. It's a great space to hang out, probably the best hostel I've seen in the United States.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7