India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Awesome people and great atmosphere. Could've stayed here all night and probably had add good of a time as we did in the city.

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We had a wonderful time, hope you continue renovating and upgrading the rooms, we loved the brand new one we stayed in.

I enjoyed my stay at India House. My only complaint is that my room had a weird smell that I can't even begin to describe. It was very unpleasant. But overall my stay was fine and the location was perfect.

• 15th May 2014

Perfect New Orleans atmosphere! The staff was friendly and helpful. Only complaint was the bed. Hard to get in and out of (because of placement next to shelf) and very uncomfortable. But I will definitely plan to stay there again on my next visit!

• 14th May 2014

Overall an excellant experience. I'd never stayed at a hostel before but I definitely will again. High quality, cheap food served in house. India House and New Orleans both have a great personality, recommend highly.

• 14th May 2014

My experience of New Orleans would have been less complete if I stayed in a hotel instead of the India House Hostel. The atmosphere is in perfect sync with the spirit of New Orleans :)

• 14th May 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at in the US so far!

I loved India House. I will definitely suggest it to friends who are looking to visit New Orleans. My friend and I had a wonderful time at India House. The atmosphere, staff, and accommodations were more than satisfactory. I look forward to my next visit.

Fantastic hostel my boyfriend and I have travelled through Europe and America and we both agree it's one of the best we've stayed in. It may not have the comfiest beds and luxuries but the atmosphere is amazing I would stay again

Affordable and clean. I enjoyed my stay good wifi connection. close to the French Quarter, just a trolly ride away. don't waste your time with their bikes though, other than that, they have good food. I enjoyed my stay there would likely do it again.

• 12th May 2014

Great hostel. Loved the vibe. The rooms were loud, creaky floors, but other than that a really great place. Free parking, wifi and affordable home cooking. Your typical hostel, which is what everyone wants right??

General cleanliness was very poor, nothing was actually cleaned but just surface dirt swept. Decor now tired, not enough toilets or showers at peak times. Good atmosphere both an advantage and not especially at back by pool as noise frequently to 3/4 am. Position excellent near trolley bus line with supermarket 10 mins away.

India house was amazing! Walking through the front door I felt immediately at home. It was so familiar I felt like I had been there before. The main house is tidy and clean but a little rundown. The second night we stayed in the west wing which was immaculate with great facilities. The atmosphere was great, the first night it rained so everyone hung out in the common room and got to know one another.

• 9th May 2014
  • New Zealand

This place was great. I wish I had been staying longer but just needed a place to crash for the night. I booked a private room with a brand new bathroom and shower that were very clean. I would bring my own blanket next time because the ones in the room were a little uncomfortable, no big deal though. This place felt safe and was in a nice spot just outside of downtown Nola. Highly reccommend it to anyone traveling on a budget.

• 8th May 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, close to a tram stop, not enough bathrooms for the amount of guests.

Great place! Whenever Im in New Orleans, India is the place to stay at! All staff were nice and friendly and helped us with activities, where to eat and where to go for fun! The atmosphere was amazing, so many different kinds of people from all over the world, we had a blast! We stayed in a twinned room which was quite narrow but still nice to sleep at. I would recommend this place to anyone who comes to New Orleans and wants to enjoy themselves!

good vibe, "hippie" hostel, they are cooking breakfast every morning (for payments), pool, take the streetcar towards downtown

A very very awesome hostel. Nice dorm rooms and bathrooms are fine. Excellent location near the city park and right next to the trolley line to get into town. Fantastic shared areas and a great atmosphere for meeting other travellers. Decent breakfasts as well!

When I arrived from a long trip, staff Melissa was on duty at the front desk. She did not welcome me and my friends properly. She was not polite and was confused about the reservation. The cleanliness was very poor: the garbage cans smelt bad all the time although they were cleaned everyday, the kitchen was messy all the time, their wasn't sufficient place in the frige and the kitchen for all guests, the table didn't look clean,the room sink drain was blocked, the water of the pool wasn't clean.

• 6th May 2014

The staff did many mistakes and was poorly prepared for our arrival. Our room was dirty and the ceiling leaked. The hostel is good for meeting new people, but the facilities are disgusting.

• 6th May 2014