India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Whilst my rating only amounts to 80%, they say the people you meet makes the place, and India House sure did facilitate this in allowing me to meet some of the most wonderful people who I'm hoping will remain friends for the long haul. Whilst I've stayed at cleaner, friendlier staffed, and more security conscious hostels, if you're a tad proactive this hostel will capture your heart like it did mine

Fantastic place! I would come again!

• 9th Jun 2014

India House was great! I was travelling solo so it was great for meeting people, with enough privacy for downtime and peace quiet when needed. I liked the breakfasts and dinners, they were healthy and a good price. I loved the decor and the relaxed atmosphere.

• 8th Jun 2014

The hostel was in an excellent location and the right price per night! The only thing was that being in New Orleans in summer it is quite warm and the air conditioning in our 6 bed dorm didn't seem to work properly so I spent every night sweating and not sleeping very well. To get some relief from the heat you had to go to the common room. According to other people that I met however, the other rooms were air conditioned better.

A great base for going to see New Orleans with the streetcar stop right nearby, free coffee all day, friendly guests and staff

LOVED the atmosphere & vibes of this place! Would def stay here again!

• 6th Jun 2014

Love the atmosphere. Love the breakfast (you buy it there). Didn't like the bugs in the bathroom. The rooms themselves seem clean enough. Only dead bugs in there sometimes.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Front desk staff could have been more engaged.

Stayed at India House Backpackers Hostel early June after a business trip to New Orleans. I had a private room (ensuite) in a renovated part of the hostel which was surprisingly large and clean. The atmosphere was amazing, almost every night people gather in the courtyard to eat together and have some drinks. Great place to meet people or to organize a group for a night out. The hostel has all facilities a traveler needs, location is also not too bad. Just great value for your money.

Awesome place to meet people! Hung out with a fellow Australian for a few days as we explored New Orleans. Bathrooms and air con could use some improvement but overall we had a really great time, this hostel had such an awesome atmosphere.

• 6th Jun 2014

great hostel. just stay here. the location is slightly out of town but with the tramcar stop right next to the hostel it's very easy to get into the french quarter. daily breakfasts and dinners are cheap and really good. rooms are clean enough, facilities are fine and there's a pool. but mainly it's just great fun and a very pleasant place to be. plus New Orleans is awesome.

ok i book my private room early april for my stay in early june. i checked in the evening and was giving the bayou room...what a total hole in the wall! a full size bed with an very very dusty air condition over it. no privacy because the blinds were broken, i could hear everyone on the outside (bench area), i could see the inside of the hostel from my room with no working blinds, light had no one or off switch so i had to use a sock to cover my hands to twist the light bub on and off.

• 5th Jun 2014

dirty, dirty, dirty! avoid this hostel. Staff with bad attitude. No security at all. No breakfast. the bathrooms are the worst. the light in our room was broken and we had to ask a few times for them to give us another one.

Very well set up hostel. Definitely worth staying at

The staff was friendly and the amenities were great! So much cooking/food storage space, affordable private rooms, and a pool! Awesome!

Funny hostel as regards the atmosphere. Close to Downtown Tampa, but there is not really much to do there (the Riverwalk is nice). The fountain in the patio might be the reason for the mosquitos... It's an ok hostel - I have seen worse and better ones.

• 4th Jun 2014

Very short stay, only one night. However, I thought the place was very charming. It's of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I have already recommended the hostel to several other travelers I have met! If I return to New Orleans, I would definitely stay here again. Only complaint is the showers could be better, but there are several around the hostel, so the water pressure could be better in the other ones than it was in the one I used!

• 3rd Jun 2014

General feeling of being unwelcome.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great hostel. Met a lot of great people and really good value for money. I spent 5 nights there and could have spent another 5. I will definatley be returning.

I loved it! We were there for a roller derby game and what a perfect place to stay!

• 31st May 2014