India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Great atmosphere, cool guys to meet and GREAT BREAKFAST!!!!

This is a real backpackers house i feel. People are awesome up there. I would recommend to anyone who like to stay as backpacker or enjoy the lifestyle.

people who are not too fussed about cleanliness and just want to have a good time will have a ball. Amazing atmosphere and great / cheap breakfast and dinner options, Do not rent towels out though which was annoying, had to buy one.

• 16th Feb 2014

Very nice place! I recommend it!!

Atmosphere was nice but I didn't feel like it was in the greatest neighborhood. I would stay there again if it wasn't for them saying I couldn't stay another night bc I had a La license which made me mad bc they should have acknowledged that on their hostelworld web page. So I didn't feel very welcomed after that point.

India House has an amazing layout and a fantastic atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting New Orelans.

• 15th Feb 2014

I liked the private room, It had a plug in radiator for a very comfy night...yeahhh.I did not use a lot of the other things, kitchen, beer frig, tv, etc

• 15th Feb 2014

The hostel had so much character and we loved the vibes. We were a 30 second walk from the Canal street trolley and felt at home on day 1. Awesome value and we would definitely stay again!

• 14th Feb 2014

The bed linen was dirty and the floor was broken and dirty. Bathroom clean. Strange people around (Most of them did Not even say hello), strange atmosphere. Good location to arrive fast downtown and area around. Fast WiFi.

• 11th Feb 2014

A great hostel in a great location with great public transport 1 black away. Each night they had a meal you could buy for $5 and the portions were huge. Great if you couldn't be bothered to cook! The staff were friendly and everything was clean. The only thing is it was quite cold, although we were given a portable radiator.

Absolutely loved my stay. Great, sociable hostel with a soul and atmosphere like no other.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Stayed there only one night, good hostel a little far from the french quarter but direct trolley going there, good cooking facilities, the rooms are ok, overall a good experience.

Chelsea who worked at front desk was super polite and helpful with check in.

• 1st Feb 2014

Nothing to be wanted here. A great hostel experience with many interesting characters and quaint-artsy appointments abound. Literally the best option for lodging in nawlins. To order food at nearly anytime which is great!

I've been to a lot of hostels abroad (3rd world countries even)

That's it. Hostel is hostel. Wifi is great.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • China

Why would you stay anywhere else in New Orleans? This hostel is full of fun people, with large dorms segmented into a few rooms which afford more privacy than the traditional one room, six bunk set up. Location is a bit out of town, but the tram makes getting in a breeze.

The India House staff was very nice and helpful. I look forward to returning.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »