India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I was there for a week and I had a great time. I am a little older than other hostel guests so the noise at night took a bit getting used to but it wasn't unexpected. I was there for a conference and had to be up early in the morning while the younger folk were having a blast by the pool every night! The bathrooms are cleaned regularly, the staff is friendly and helpful, and they even make breakfast and dinner for a very good price everyday. Overall it was a good place to stay.

• 23rd Mar 2015

We had a great stay, I only wish I had more time so I could enjoy the pool! I ate dinner one night served by the hostel, and it was great. The location in proximity to the trolleys was perfect.

• 22nd Mar 2015

This is the best hostel in the world. It gets only better with time!

• 22nd Mar 2015

The facilities for the bathroom were poor and the room was quite dirty and worn down. Despite making reservations the room I had booked was already full when I arrived. Good atmosphere for socializing and easy streetcar access to New Orleans, but I'm too old (32) for this now. Adios, hostel experiences!

I had a great time meeting new people and making new friends from all over the world. The pool and common areas were ample and had a chilled out vibe. The facilities themselves can be a little better like more comfortable mattresses and non creaky and non squeaky bunk beds. Being a hostel you know its not a hotel and you don't ask for too much more, but this is basic. The beds made noise every time someone would turn in their sleep. Everything else was great. I would definitely come back.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

will be coming back to India House for my next trip to NOLA!

• 21st Mar 2015

Good facilities. Very nicely decorated and it has a pool, which was awesome! The India House is located one minute from a trolley stop that takes you right to the French Quarter and it runs until 4 am. Perfect! Great hostel in a amazing city! I really recommend it!!

Our private room needed sweeping, the bathroom needed a good scrub, and the lack of hand soap in our bathroom was irritating. Otherwise, our stay was enjoyable. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was friendly. We found the location to be convenient enough to the French Quarter for our purposes, and the availability of parking was a big bonus.

The place was really really unclean, especially in the showers/bathrooms, but everywhere else as well. There weren't any towels left for us, we had to use sheets. The staff was nice though !

• 20th Mar 2015

Really great place! Perfect if you are there to explore New Orleans. Close proximity to the Canal Streetcar makes it convenient and easy to get around. The staff was really helpful. They even called a taxi for us at 4:30am when we needed to get to the airport. The atmosphere is great- a lot of young people, all very friendly. Facilities are clean and well-worth what you pay!

very nice atmosphere. the location is convenient: it takes about 15mn to go downtown with the trolley

Really really dirty showers and rooms

• 19th Mar 2015

It's convenient to get everywhere by bus. Bus stop is 1 minute away. Love this place. It's the best choice for poor students ^^

I planned to stay for one night, but loved it so much I extended my stay for one more night before going onto my destination. I then booked a room on my way back through from my vacation because I enjoyed the people, the facilities and the environment so much! It will always be my first place to look when I need to stay in New Orleans.

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a fantastic time staying at India House. I especially loved the meals prepared by the Hostel's chefs. I would definitely return to India House in the future and will recommend it to my friends.

• 18th Mar 2015

Had a good time in Nola. The India House was definetely the right choice!

• Austria

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST RAISE YOUR PRICES ON HOLIDAYS BUT DOUBLING THE PRICES IS TOO MUCH. I PAID $160.00 FOR 2 NIGHTS FOR A ROOM THAT DID NOT HAVE VENTILATION AND A FAN THAT DID NOT WORK IN ADDITION, ONE EVENING,. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER AND I COULD NOT TAKE A SHOWER. ONE STAFF OFFER ED TO CHANGE MY ROOM. I WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE MY PACK AGAIN, THEN DRESSED UP, GET OUT OF THE BUILDING TO GO TO ANOTHER ONE. WELL I WAS TOO TIRED TO DO THAT.

• 16th Mar 2015

The atmosphere in the Hostel is great and the decoration very cozy. Reminds that period of love and peace and people just get into this vibe. The only criticism I have is with the cleanliness, maybe because it was St. Patrick's and Spring Break week and hard to manage, but people were drinking and eating in the rooms and nobody said nothing although they had to go to the rooms to show for new guests. And some food containers were all marked black because of the moisture in the kitchen.

Very good hostel with excellent value for the money! All of the facilities were very well kept and the hostel definitely has a young vibe surrounding it. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to any other young budget travellers!

• 16th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel enjoyed my stay a lot. very clean , friendly staff, nice facilities

• 15th Mar 2015