India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

There was such a great atmosphere. Everyone hangs out on the porch or by the pool. Met so many great people here. I stayed in a mixed-12 dorm and it was so clean! Never saw a bug in the dorms. Now, the main house/kitchen? Yeah, I saw cockroaches there. Other than that, the best trip/stay I've ever had. Going to be hard to beat India House.

• 10th Jun 2015

The best rate in New Orleans 5 minutes to french quater in trolley / 25 walking Great ambiance Ps: Go to frenchmen street for great NO jazz

• 10th Jun 2015

No mirrors, shelves or lockers in dorms. One bathroom between 7 rooms in the first floor. A cat that I didn't know about from the website (I'm severely allergic). Dust EVERYWHERE. Mattresses were torn and fluff was coming off. One of the front desk girls with brunette hair wasn't very friendly she treated me like I was wasting her time. Another New Zealander working at the front I overheard her and a few others from the hostel badmouthing Australians, I am Australian so it wasn't nice.

• 10th Jun 2015

This was much further out of town than I'd thought. Half the staff were very friendly and helpful, half weren't very friendly. The rooms weren't very clean and no towel provided. The bathrooms were pretty gross and filled with bugs at nighttime. Good kitchen and outdoor area though. Nice pool.

Awful experience! The room was dirty, the showers were really bad. We'd have gladly accepted that due to the good location, however, part of the staff was extremly rude ... During the three nights at the hostel we couldn't sleep at all because our room was right at the backyard and people were partying there until 7 am in the morning. Sorry, but at some point I want to rest a little, and I really don't need a staff member saying that this is "really not my problem". Worst place during our trip!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great Location, not super clean hostel, but there is a pool. tasty breakfast and affordable lunch. The vibe is good because people who go there are really nice and interesting. The hostel itself is a bit old and rusty.

This hostel is so much fun for anyone looking to make friends. I was only there for 24 hours and came home feeling like I made 4 new close friends. The pool is amazing! It adds a fun in the sun element to the hostel. You should never be bored here. They play good music throughout the hostel. They cook good and cheap food every night. The room rates are very reasonable. The only thing I would change is to make the kitchen a little more user friendly with more supplies to cook. India House rocks!

• 8th Jun 2015

nice place, hippie, not very close to French Quarter, but cable cars keeps running except for 3am-5am_

• 5th Jun 2015

When visiting NOLA , for the price staying at the India House is the way to go! We were able to go on a Swamp tour with the extra money we had by staying at the Hostel. Located off Canal street is very convient, it only cost $3 for a day pass on the street car and you can ride all day and night back and forth from the Hostel to Bourbon! Now the rooms may not be that luxurious but the atmosphere and people were wonderful! And not to mention being able to cool off in the pool was great as well!

• 5th Jun 2015

Besides the guy who checked us in, staff were pretty rude. This place is a dive but the atmosphere is great so there is definitely a lot here for the more party traveler.

e people that stay at this hostel make the hostel. The 3 old guys that work there are complete idiots who treat everyone as if they spat in their face. They do not allow you to hang clothes up and they actually chased one backpacker out of the hotel for walking into the pool area in the early hours of the morning. You could hear the yelling from the dorm. The give you thin sheets and a pillow that is about as thick as the sheet. The guy who cooks breakfast never washed his hands once

• 3rd Jun 2015

Great mingle space Activation of outdoor needed through activities etc

The place is okay and draws a lot of amazing people. The stuff should atlas advise cheaper ways to get to the airport. it only cost me 3 dollars as opposed to the 33 dollars i was going to pay had i taken a taxi.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Great location. The Hostel really supported my needs very well. thanks, Bob Chown, Vancouver Canada

• 1st Jun 2015

Towels could only be bought, not lended or rented.

Great staff and great atmosphere. Just what I imagine a hoste to be.

• 1st Jun 2015

This was my first stay in a hostel. I am not sure that I'll ever stay in a hotel again in New Orleans unless I have a family with small children. This hostel was fantastic, the people were friendly, and the environment was comfortable and inviting.

Had a fantastic time!

• 31st May 2015

Great with the newly renovated pool. The private rooms kept a much higher standard and cleanliness than the dorms, very worth it!

Very nice friendly environment, chilled laid.back. there is meals available