India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

We stayed here for voodoo fest in a private room. The pool was being rebuilt and should be up soon for all of you that are wondering! It was what we expected. The room had a bunk. There wasn't a lot of shielding so we used the top bunk to store things. The shower had good water pressure. Bring your own towel. The ac worked well. The floor was falling apart. The courtyard area was cool and had a nice mix of ppl. We enjoyed hearing the live music as well. The owner was nice and we would return aga

• 1st Nov 2013

Bathrooms in main property need some attention. You can buy a new tension rod for under $10. There is no reason to use a sharp piece of pipe for a curtain rod, esp bc it constantly falls. I had massive allergy fits after the cleaner kicked all the dust up. Not everyone can travel with an air purifier, so may want to teach the cleaner how to actually clean and not just push air around. Otherwise nice stay.

India house is a place with nice atmosphere. Loved the backyard! And I shared room with some really nice people. The location is good. It's a quite short street car ride all the way along Canal street to the french quarter. (Around 10$ with a cab. Choose United cab, they're the cheapest and the nicest). Though I Did not find the hostel very fresh. The door to our room wasn't really working, it slammed & the lock felt really unsafe. But over all, and for the cheap price, a nice place!

Enjoyed my stay! Great, helpful, hardworking staff and very clean facilities.

• 31st Oct 2013

This was an awesome place to stay and meet lots of different people from all over the world. This was my second year staying at this hostel and plan to return next year.

• 29th Oct 2013

The private double room.was pretty bad. Flies allsquashed into the wall beside the bed, walls filthy, bed has horrible plastic cover on so makes so much noise and sheets don't stay on. It realy needs a bit of paint and new sheets etc

Great party hostel. Super cool atmosphere, the amenities like breakfast and dinner were very good and a great value. The outdoor area is great for partying before and after going out. The dorm I stayed in, OB, was one of the older ones I'm told. It was adequate and pretty average in what I've come to expect. The door to the dorm didn't shut all the way, but I felt the place was secure so it didn't bother me at all. I'll definitely be back the next time in in New Orleans.

• 29th Oct 2013

Amazing stay here, yes it's an old house, rusty and feels like it could fall apart any second but suits the area and New Orleans perfectly, all you need here is a bed and shower. Great party house, made friends for life, open 24hrs, huge outdoor drinking and eating area, tv room and helpful staff. Short cheap tram ride to French quarter which is the only place you need to be in NO. Cons are it's very basic and not a place for princesses, but great value if you want to party and enjoy NO

Great place to meet people! Cleanliness quite good and 15mins via cable car to the French Quarter and Bourbon St! Staff little unfriendly but was a very busy hostel so can be forgiven slightly!

Staying at India House was a fantastic experience! Not only were the facilities great, but the hostel provided a great and safe atmosphere for meeting interesting people. The staff were always extremely helpful, and the location was perfect. Thanks India House!

• 27th Oct 2013

It was fine for a hostel, we really liked the laid back atmosphere. Our sheets when we got there were dirty though, that was a bit of a bummer. Staff was great and the whole fridge system worked well :)

I loved it here, the open atmosphere was my favourite part. I love that they serve meals outside, and the "eye opener" breakfast is to die for. The staff is super friendly, and very helpful. It is very close to the street car that takes you right to the corner, and having tours that pick you up outside is wonderfully convenient.

• 23rd Oct 2013

This hostel has a great vibe. It's awesome to get to meet people to go out with to party. In terms of cleanliness it's best to shower right after the cleaners come. In the dorms the bathrooms get dirty quickly. There are only lockers in the main house. It would be better if near every bed. Excellent staff and a really good value cheap breakfast. Easy access on the street car to new Orleans. This hostel has a grungy feel to it but this totally suits new Orleans.

Worst hostel I ever stayed in! Paid for private room, but paid for 2 people. Waikiki similar pricing but much better room. Bed in 1st room at India held up by sort of wooden frame, sagged in middle, higher at both ends. Changed rooms but same sagging bed supported by a cement block this time. Advertised pool under construction. Left at 5:15 a.m. without my key deposit. Go to WIKI hostel, Rome, where you will have BBQ facilities, pool, breakfast, clean room, friendly staff… all for same price.

• 21st Oct 2013

The whole place is in a state of disrepair and it is extremely dirty. The kitchen is particularly awful; almost no crockery for you to actually eat off or drink from and you're only provided with plastic cutlery. However, atmosphere is good and there is plenty going on.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »