India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Front desk person confirmed that we had a private bathroom then tried to show us to a room without private bathrooms. Asked if I was sure we paid for the private bathroom and then showed us to the correct room after already seeing my documents and taking my payment (which is more than rooms without toilet). Left next morning to explore city, I made DOUBLE sure to lock door/shut off lights and check the lock was secured. Upon return the lights were on in our room and the door was unlocked. WHY!?

• 12th Nov 2015

Literally the BEST place to stay in NOLA. Staff is super chill, the atmosphere is unbeatable, the facilities are nice and clean. A+++

• 12th Nov 2015

This hostel has so much potential to be great. I loved the common areas and the vibe that ran through the whole place. I loved the breakfast and dinners which were cheap and yummy. But this hostel really failed at the basics. The beds are ridiculously uncomfortable - feel like 20 year old second hand freshman college mattresses. The shower pressure was non existent which for someone with long hair to wash made it impossible.

Such a awesome place to stay! Really home like atmosphere and great outdoor area to meet people and hangout. I had a great stay and would recommend this place!

Nice pool area. Very loud door to room was only problem. Close to trolley to get you right downtown quickly. Charming place!

• 11th Nov 2015

Very Good Vibes!!!!! I will come back for sure

• 11th Nov 2015

Great location from Bourbon street , friendly staff to show you round , not too noisey and great facilities including pool!

Wonderful place for my trip. Thank you very much to all the staff and the travelers!

• 8th Nov 2015

It is a fun party hostel no doubt. Also a great way to meet other travelers and share in some experiences. I stayed in a 12 person dorm room which was what I expected. During my first night there I awoke to a lot of itching. Later that Morning I looked in the mirror and found that I was bit on the forehead and the arm by something, likely a spider. I had a pretty bad reaction and the bites began to swell and puss. I informed the staff and received a little sympathy. It was a rough 2 days for me

• 7th Nov 2015

The Balcony room is definitely a misnomer. I think this room could be improved with some additional furniture and better lighting. It felt like we were staying in a closet. Thankfully, we didn't spend much time there.

• 7th Nov 2015

We had a very nice stay here, very close to the streetcar that takes you right to Bourbon Street and the French quarter! The Hostel is authentic and has a hippie/New Orleans feel to it! The room we had was nice and big, but a bit cold and could hear people in the middle of the night in the courtyard being loud. But that is what to expect when staying in a Hostel during the weekend. The breakfast is amazing you should definently try it! Staff is really nice and helpful!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Has a great atmosphere and staff are very helpful! Definitely a good value and good location.

• 6th Nov 2015

Loved it! Great place for a quick stop. Will certainly choose the same place next time I'm in town!

Loved the pancake breakfast!

One of the better hostels I've stayed at. Location was nice, right by a cable car line and some stores within walking distance. The hostel itself was nice, had a very welcoming and communal atmosphere. Lots of bathrooms, showers, fridges and a good kitchen. There's a pool wilts of seating. The rooms themselves were nice and the beds were okay. The staff was okay.. One of the guys was really nice but two of the other ones I interacted with weren't very nice and acted irritated to be helping us.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Very unique , added to our trip

• 2nd Nov 2015

Beautiful facilities and the staff was super helpful. Was a pleasure to stay here. I kind of wish I had stayed for the whole week I was in NOLA but just had the one night.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Such a great social hostel

Our greeter a cold, but else about this hostel was. Great showers, lovely ambiance in the courtyard, cheap eats available always, and a laissez faire attitude that makes hostel hopping fantastic. 4 of 5 stars

• 30th Oct 2015