India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Good facilities. Very nicely decorated and it has a pool, which was awesome! The India House is located one minute from a trolley stop that takes you right to the French Quarter and it runs until 4 am. Perfect! Great hostel in a amazing city! I really recommend it!!

Our private room needed sweeping, the bathroom needed a good scrub, and the lack of hand soap in our bathroom was irritating. Otherwise, our stay was enjoyable. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was friendly. We found the location to be convenient enough to the French Quarter for our purposes, and the availability of parking was a big bonus.

The place was really really unclean, especially in the showers/bathrooms, but everywhere else as well. There weren't any towels left for us, we had to use sheets. The staff was nice though !

• 20th Mar 2015

Really great place! Perfect if you are there to explore New Orleans. Close proximity to the Canal Streetcar makes it convenient and easy to get around. The staff was really helpful. They even called a taxi for us at 4:30am when we needed to get to the airport. The atmosphere is great- a lot of young people, all very friendly. Facilities are clean and well-worth what you pay!

very nice atmosphere. the location is convenient: it takes about 15mn to go downtown with the trolley

Really really dirty showers and rooms

• 19th Mar 2015

It's convenient to get everywhere by bus. Bus stop is 1 minute away. Love this place. It's the best choice for poor students ^^

I planned to stay for one night, but loved it so much I extended my stay for one more night before going onto my destination. I then booked a room on my way back through from my vacation because I enjoyed the people, the facilities and the environment so much! It will always be my first place to look when I need to stay in New Orleans.

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a fantastic time staying at India House. I especially loved the meals prepared by the Hostel's chefs. I would definitely return to India House in the future and will recommend it to my friends.

• 18th Mar 2015

Had a good time in Nola. The India House was definetely the right choice!

• Austria

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST RAISE YOUR PRICES ON HOLIDAYS BUT DOUBLING THE PRICES IS TOO MUCH. I PAID $160.00 FOR 2 NIGHTS FOR A ROOM THAT DID NOT HAVE VENTILATION AND A FAN THAT DID NOT WORK IN ADDITION, ONE EVENING,. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER AND I COULD NOT TAKE A SHOWER. ONE STAFF OFFER ED TO CHANGE MY ROOM. I WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE MY PACK AGAIN, THEN DRESSED UP, GET OUT OF THE BUILDING TO GO TO ANOTHER ONE. WELL I WAS TOO TIRED TO DO THAT.

• 16th Mar 2015

The atmosphere in the Hostel is great and the decoration very cozy. Reminds that period of love and peace and people just get into this vibe. The only criticism I have is with the cleanliness, maybe because it was St. Patrick's and Spring Break week and hard to manage, but people were drinking and eating in the rooms and nobody said nothing although they had to go to the rooms to show for new guests. And some food containers were all marked black because of the moisture in the kitchen.

Very good hostel with excellent value for the money! All of the facilities were very well kept and the hostel definitely has a young vibe surrounding it. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to any other young budget travellers!

• 16th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel enjoyed my stay a lot. very clean , friendly staff, nice facilities

• 15th Mar 2015

very convenient. great atmosphere. clean rooms.

It's not a clean hostel. Feels like I was in a old thrift shop. Above me was a bed with a lot of old clothes and smell really really bad. The price is ok, but things like this bother me.

This place is awesome. It's right next to canal street so it's easy to get most places. Staff is helpful and friendly. Huge common area for people to meet and hang out. Relaxed atmosphere- big kitchen to use. I've already recommended friends to stay if they're in New Orleans!

Great time, friendly staff!!

• 14th Mar 2015

Everything was awesome. Our private room wasn't as nice as the 12 bed dorm room which was surprising, but no complaints there! One thing I have to say is one of the workers from Wisconsin was pretty rude and put off a bad vibe, who was unfortunately the first guy we talked to at the hostel. Other than him, everything was pleasant and I would return!

• 14th Mar 2015

Fun place to hangout. Great facilities. Common areas are used and you could easily meet people. Pool side was fun for drinking. Bathrooms were alright, but not disgusting. Great vibes. The decor is on-point with that NOLA funk.

• 13th Mar 2015