J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

2099 Total Reviews

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst commuting to Kyoto, excellent place to get to the station to transfer. Staff also very helpful with leaving luggage etc.

I love the place..the staff were very friendly and nice..I will definitely come back and stay at J-Hoppers Osaka=)

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Well located wth a nice lineup of events. Poor Wifi performance.

Overall very good experience. The location is good, facilities adequate, well maintained and very clean. After staying in many guesthouses in Japan, I definitely seen a lot, J-hoppers knows how to do the backpacking business very well by being above par in everything, a standard that is reliable and consistent . Staff are professional and helpful, it is good to have value-adding services like the tours offered as well (although i didn't attend due to schedule conflict).

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Love J-Hoppers, the friendly staff Keiko, loads of wonderful guidr and information at the hostel. Location is fantastic and there's a 7-11 just 2 shops away which makes it really convenient for any last min hunger fix in the middle of the night. Near to where all the food can be found too. I will definitely recommend and come back next time. thank you J-Hoppers :)

Staff were so lovely and helpful- went above and beyond for me and my friend. Good atmosphere- fun evening events put on. Good location on a street with bars/restaurants/convenience store and close to train station. Wouldn't hesitate to book again if I'm Osaka!

Mr Yano what a host!! Great place to stay if ur in Kyoto. the major downside to this place is the lack of lift which was fine for me as i was on the second floor but a pain for people on the 5th. Average kitchen, clean bathrooms and plenty of room in the dorms. Really close to the JR line and easy to locate from direction. Lots of activities for people to do in the guides provided and the downstairs lounge was great if u want to get away from it all but not sit in ur room :D

Hi, I had stay in a twin sharing room. It's quite a nice experience staying in J-Hoppers guest house. I've been staying in 5 different guest house in Osaka & Kyoto area, to me, J-Hoppers is the best! I get the room with a window can view the colored street and the living style of the people in Osaka. The staffs of J-Hoppers are super nice & communicate well in English. You also can rent a bike to ride to Shin Umeda Sky Bar to experience the breathtaking night view.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel (but has 5 floors and no elevator). Mr Yano is a great man!

Suggest to have lift and it's more convenient to carry luggage to upstairs..

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Spent my first night in Japan here. Easy to find and near the train station. Facilities were great, staff were great and met fellow backpackers as well. Yano-san took us out for takoyaki night and I enjoyed it very much. Will never forget him and Kasu-boy!. Thank you for having me over and will definitely come back to this hostel and recommend it to everyone who plans to be in Osaka!

Staff was great. Location and common areas were great. I rarely leave a negative review regarding noise (actually I haven't ever before), as when staying at hostels you sign up for noise. However, the walls are paper thin at J-Hoppers (at least on upper floors). Even a whisper sounds like shouting and the sliding pocket doors are incredibly loud, bang shut, and are impossible to sleep through. Otherwise a good hostel. A shame about the noise level. We simply didn't sleep.

I love J-Hoppers. The staff is nice, the location is superb! A train away to Kansai airport. :)

Very nice hostel overall! The staffs are all very helpful. The hostel is clean. Very good location. It's just 3-min walk from the JR station. And there's seven eleven nearby. The only thing is u can still Hear ppl chilling from outside of the building clearly. I will still book this hostel when I visit Osaka next time.

Friendly staff, good value for the money.

Very good hostel. Superb location, super clean and very friendly staff. Good activities every other night. Can see why it is fully booked everyday!

Thank you for your comment! It was nice to see you, glad you had fun with some guests and Mr Yano! Please come back next time, bring your family :) Thank you!

Best hostel ive been at in Japan, nice staff, good common areas.. wifi works well and really easy to reach from Fukushima metro stop. The rooms are pretty confortable as well as the beds. 100% recommended!

Thank you so much for your comment!! You made a day:D So happy to hear that you liked our hostel! Hope to see you again in the near future.

Great hostel, really friendly

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again :)

Receptionists are so nice and everything is almost perfect. ^^

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We are happy to have you. If you have a chance to come back to Osaka, please stay with us again:D

Great location if you need to get to or from Airport.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thank you for your comment! Yes we have a direct train from Fukushima to KIX which is very convenient:) Hope to see you again ;)