J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

clean, nice, strategic location, complete facilities

Thank you very much for staying with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Not sure if this can be fixed, but sound travels really easy through the walls. I would always wake up to my neighbors making noise.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great Hostel. very friendly staff and atmosphere. Location is great. Its clean and safe. Mr Yano was great entertainment, i recommend his tours and drinking nights.

Normally I don't bother with reviews but I'll make an exception for this one. This place is great. The people I met and befriended at this hostel were integral in my enjoyment of my time in Osaka. Mr. Yano is my hero and the rest of the staff are also phenomenal. The facilities are impeccably tidy (even when the place is very busy) and it's clear they made many considerations for the visitors' quality-of-life when furnishing and arranging the place. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it

• 21st Jun 2014

Great hostel and excellent staff. Have stayed here before, however this time an inconsiderate traveler thought that waking up 5 guests by turning on the light at 1am to remove makeup unpack bag etc was OK !! No more dorms !!!! Double rooms don't cost that much more.

This is the place to stay in Osaka! The staff is amazing and helpful! Takoyaki party they had was such a great time and met awesome people! Only a quick walk from the Fukushima station in Osaka! I had a great time! In the dorms there the beds have curtains to block light which was very nice (:

The staffs were really nice, they answered all my questions and gave me lots of important information about Osaka. The environment was really clean and comfortable, it made me feel at home! I didn't join the parties because I am a bit shy. But those parties absolutely made me feel wonderful because they made me understand that I was not alone in a foreign country. I did not feel lonely and depressed, which usually happen when I am in a foreign country. Thank you so much!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good location and good value for the money. The lockers require your own lock. The staff is really knowledgeable and speaks great English.

• 12th Jun 2014

The location is very near from station and strategis. I can go by walk to mini market and restourant, it's make me easy. Thanks a lot for your service.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

This hostel was decent. Facilities were clean. They have lockers (though they are annoyingly small) and rooms were clean. There are decent common spaces. They have free computer access.

Adequate and suffice for a quick stay. May be overcrowded if the place is full

The staff are very nice and helpful with all enquiries. Mr Yano also offers free guide services to some places of interest around Osaka (check the schedule) and he is a likeable person. He also hosts an international party every Friday at 7pm and the first drink is on the house for the hostel guests. We were happy staying here except that there was no elevator and we had to lug our luggages up and down the narrow staircase.

I loved this hostel! A nice place to meet people, very clean. Staff speaks English very well and gives good info about the town.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave great advice for okonomiyaki places. The bathrooms were also clean and convenient. I liked having curtains around the bed for privacy and the personal outlets. The wifi wasn't working well during our stay so it was a bit difficult to plan our trip without access to Internet. The location was great though, it was in a local area with lots of small restaurants nearby. It's also close enough to more populated areas and the train station.

When staying in Osaka, I really recommend this place. Just minutes outside the Osaka loop line and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. And oh, if you have a chance to meet Mr yano, I recommend you do!

Great hostel: clean, very helpful staff, and centrally located with easy access to trains and metro. It's in an interesting neighborhood packed with restaurants and shops. Only drawback is that you have to pay for a luggage locker in the room (or bring your own lock). The wifi didn't work when I was there, but the staff was working hard to fix it. Recommended!

Lovely hostel, great hostel -staff were just wonderful

Thank you :) Hope to see you again!

Great location easy walk to train station and surrounded by restaurants,big room for hostel,showers not on every floor but one floor up or down,no lift. Staff very helpful,large lounge area, internet service good.Booked again as location is excellent

So hommy n handy helpful staff and easily to know everything all around japan news n info. Loved to stay here!

J-Hoppers was an AMAZING hostel! Inexpensive yet in a great location. Very conveniently located near a train station just one stop from Osaka Station (the city's main station). Very friendly people, both who work there and other guests. Clean, had air conditioning, private double room door locks, and it's overall fantastic! The only thing I would suggest is to try to get a room on the second or third floor. We had a room on the fourth floor... we also had a lot of luggage. There's no elevator.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you like our facility and Fukushima area. It's pretty convenient we love it too. Sorry for the lack of the elevator :(