J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

Nice location for me !!!! staffs are so kind. I gonna stay here again if i visit osaka. Awesome place! thanks candy for valentine day.

Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy that you liked our small gift:D Yes the location here is pretty accessible to Kyoto and Kobe and Nara. Please come back when you visit Osaka!

clean and friendly staff. Location is close to train station but need to change train to get to nanba shopping area so a bit inconvenient.

Thank you so much for staying with us! Need to transfer to get to Namba and Shinsaibashi shopping area. Sorry for your inconvenience. But we believe the location here is good. Not too busy and not too quiet:) If you have a chance to come to Osaka, visit us again:D

Staff we approachable and helpful, location was good (5 minute walk from the nearest station). The only thing to be mindful of it there aren't any lifts, so if you have heavy luggage and end up on the 5th floor (like me), then it can be rather annoying. This is a great place to meet young backpackers...If you're older, enjoy peace, quiet, and comfort, then this place might not be for you.

Thank you very much for your comment! We are very sorry for the lack of the elevator:( Hope you met nice guetes and had a good time here! Thank you very much for staying with us! Hope to see you again:)

Lovely hostel with very generous staff. I stayed in the three bed dorm which was really nice. Only problem is that it was on the 5th floor and there is no elevator..

Thank you for your comment! We are very sorry for the lack of the elevator:( Please stay 8 mixed or female dormitory room next time:) Thank you!

Great experience !!

Thank you for your comment! It was nice to see you two;) Glad you had fun here! Hope to see you again:)

Really good clean hostel! Its run by all woman, so it is pretty darn clean! Everyone who works there is very nice, with great language skills and quite helpful. Extra Plus because Meg has been to Mexico! Showers are pretty good, and there is free shampoo. Good internet, and Laundry. I've stayed here two nights and will be back a third.

I was really disappointed staying there....i paid 5000 yen for two nights....i stayed at fifth floor, n no lift....hufftt....i had to go downstairs by stairs only for shower, coz nwer at fifth floor..wth?...n the room is so small, we could hear guests next even couldnt sleep well those two nights coz some brainless guests talking all night long.......i would never ever stay there again though receptionists r nice n location is good....

Thank you very much for staying with us. Sorry for the lack of the elevator and thin wall. If you stayed in 8 mixed dormitory room you would slept better since the room is bigger. Hope to see you again, thank you!

Totally awesome stay Meg really made my experience at j hoppers even better everyone spoke english and were very welcoming was warm inside even though below zero at night

• 24th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much!!  I enjoyed talking with you:D We all are glad you had a great time here in Osaka. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you.

I really enjoyed my stay at J-Hoppers. Very close to the JR station and had excellent staff. They offered additional services including a free walking tour around Osaka which was a great experience. My only criticism is that the stairs between levels were quite steep which made it difficult to move luggage (not a huge concern though).

Simply fantastic place!

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Norway

What a wonderful staff! Very nice vibe and great fellow guests.

• 12th Jan 2014

Thank you very much!! You made our day:) We all are glad you had a great time here:) Hope to see you again! Thank you.

The staff are really friendly and would go out of their way to say hi/bye to you. Will ask what you are doing and will help you. Beer in the vending machine in the kitchen is cheap! Great cheap restaurants near by and also location is on the main osaka loop line. The private room sliding doors have no acoustic seals and vetilation grilles in doors allow lots of noise to travel. But nothing major.

Hi Uy! Thank you so much for your comment! We all miss you! Yeah we have a cheap vending machine and good location and cheap restaurants around. So you should come back and visit us:D Hope to see you again!

Hostel very near to the train station. Instructions to go were clear and easily accessible. Stairs were a bit steep but all was well. Staff are friendly, and very helpful.

Thank you very much for the comment! Glad you had a good time here! Sorry for the stairs:( Hope to see you guys again! Thank you;)

The location and facilities were pretty good. It was a bit tough to carry my bag to the 5th floor at that time as I had a shoulder injury but the staff were very helpful. Ayaka was friendly and was always happy to help with directions. She suggested buying the aquarium pack which was good value. She also translated my Japanese New Years fortune paper:) Meg was also helpful....she suggested a good coffee place and also told me the best way to go to the airport. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Thank you for your lovely comment! We are so happy to hear that you liked our guest house:D I'm sorry but my translation was not good but hope you got it. If you have a chance to come back to Osaka, you are welcomed back anytime! Hope to see you again:)

This place was awesome! Just remember that Shin-Osaka is not Osaka station and you will be right. Fantastic atmosphere! If Mr. Yano is in town you HAVE to party with hi !

Thank you very much! Mr Yano told us that night was awesome!!!! He loves having the party with you guys:) Please come back anytime! Thank you:)

The staff is friendly and help you to build an itinerary to get to the places that you want to go. They have a library that has books and guides with much information about the main attractions in Osaka and nearby.The location is not so good. You have to walk for 15 minutes to get to the nearest subway station - and you need to get subways in order to get around in Osaka. At least it is close to a train station, which helps to get to other cities.The PCs are terribly slow and need to be upgraded

• 28th Dec 2013

Fantastic hostel in a very nice district of Osaka. The hostel is really near Fukushima station, and Umeda is in walking distance (if you like walking). I only met one member of staff and she was lovely and very helpful. When I came back to the hostel on Friday night there was a party going on, and everyone was very friendly. Excellent facilities and very welcoming, I'll definitely be back!

Thank you very much for your comment! We are glad you liked our Friday party:) Hope to see you again soon! Thank you!

A wonderful stay! Great value for your money. The station not too far, so while it's not close to attractions on foot, you can take the subway :) Staff is very helpful, ask them if you need help

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Thank you for you comment! Fukushima area is good access to Umeda, Shinsaibashi and Namba. We are glad you had a good time here:) Thank you very much for staying with us!

Keiko is very nice and helpful. She is kawaii too:)

Thank you;) It was nice to see you two. Hope to see you again!:)

Great hostel and the common area is excellent. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in japan

Thank you for your awesome comment! You made our day XD Glad you like our facilities:) Hope to see you again, thank you!