J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

It is the perfect location for budget travellers (at least the dorm I've stayed in). It is clean and also pretty quiet. Easy to reach and super nice and friendly and crazy (--> Mr. Yano) staff. They held several small events every week. Nothing outstanding but nice idea. Since a lot of the travellers have super tight schedules in Japan those events create a opportunity to just forget about sightseeing as much as possible and let go a bit. The prices are fair enough!

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent location, close to train station, easy to find, good directions, many restaurants in the area. Everything was clean and wifi worked well. The walls are quite thin and you can hear everything but they give you free ear plugs which I didn't end up needing. There was a loud irritating noise coming from some pipes in the corner of the room but overall it's a great hostel and I would go back again.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Really great location and friendly staff. Felt like a home-away from home.

It was a pretty good stay. We liked the location and also liked the staff. The place had many tours and events setup so you wouldn't get lost or bored in Osaka. The place had 5 floors and no elevators which was a bit of a hassle. The doors were the worst because they had these ventilation grills that basically ensured that no sound is blocked. You can hear the people in the other rooms packing and what not. Also the linen weren't good. You are given just two flat sheets and thats it.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Made a visit to this big city completely manageable. Thanks to Keiko and all her colleagues.

• 26th Oct 2015

Thank you for your comment! It was really nice to see you :) Glad you enjoyed here with some guests! Hope to see you again! Keiko

only stayed one night but was a good hostel. easy to meet other people. The location of hostel is really good.

Great cozy little place with friendly staff.

Near train station, nice staffs and good location

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

This was a great hostel to stay at as a single traveller. The hostel organises trips which are fun to join to meet others. It is easy to find from the JR train station, lots of restaurants near by and only one stop from Osaka station. The rooms had lockers in to store your valuables and the beds were fine. Bathrooms were OK as well.

Thank you very much for your comment! We are happy that you were satisfied with our events and facilities! Hope to see you again !

+ Very near a JR train station + Female dorm has curtains for privacy + Staff are very friendly! The friendliest I encountered from all the hostels I stayed in Japan - Rooms are quite small and there's no lift (which they already stated so no big deal :))

Thank you for your comment! We will do our best to hear "J hoppers is the best!!!" Thank you for understanding about the lack of the elevator!

Some bathrooms smelled of urine quite badly.

Enjoyed my stay! It's a simple hostel but they have everything to make the guests' stay comfortable. The location is very convenient. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They have lots of info boards for tourists. Also a great avenue to meet other travelers. Only thing lacking would be an elevator since it's a 5-floor building but nonetheless I'll stay here again if I come back to Osaka.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy to hear that! Sorry for the lack of the elevator :( Hope to see you again!

lovely staff, quiet but accessable location, good facilities throughout.

Thank you for your comment! Glad you had a good time with us! Please stay with us again in he future :) Thank you!

Nice hostel! Staff are friendly, helpful and speak good English; place is clean and neat. Good location, real close to fukushima station where you can easily access to the JR Osaka loopline. They organized weekly social event which is good to meet more people. One bad thing is that there's no elevator in the hostel, (they have 5 floors in total). So, you may need to climb up to 5th floor with your heavy luggage. Time to exercise! Overall, it was a good stay!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your comment! Hope you met nice travelers and had a good time here ;) Hope to see you again!

Guys, if you stay in J Hopper's please don't stay in the room, just go out to find any small vendors nearby and jump into the local life.

Thank you for your comment! It means you had a good time with Osaka local people? ;D It's super fun to hang out with them right? Osaka is the best!!!! Hope to see you again :)

The hostel location near fukushima station and in a bar and restaurant area. The staff is great. The room is clean.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy that we made your trip good! Hope to see you again!

I only had a few nights here but I enjoyed them. The hostel is in a great location, very close to a subway station. Would recommend.

We spend two nights in Osaka with J- Hoppers. First night we arrived after mid-night but they had arranged key for us to enter. We were traveling with our 10 month old and the staff was just amazing and very welcoming. We loved our stay with J-Hoppers. Big thank you to the team

Thank you for your comment! It was nice to see you all. She was super cute!!!!!! Hope we can see you all and talk with your daughter someday ;) Thank you!

I had a great time at this hostel. It was clean, close to the train station and the staff was excellent. I would definitely stay there again. It was a pleasant experience and the vibe was good. They also organise a lot of events that you can join ..which is great for solo travelers.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy you enjoyed in Osaka! Please visit us again while you guys are in Korea! Good luck there!