J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

Had an absolute blast, the staff there are so lovely to talk and chat with. Super helpful as well. Got to be good friends with a lot of the guest there. I loved it so much.

• 13th Jan 2015

Thank you for staying with us! It was nice to see you :) Hope you got the hat we sent the other day! Please come back and stay with us again :)

The staff were so helpful - Keiko gave us great ideas for what to do. Super close to Fukushima station, and the staff gave helpful tips about trains and day passes etc.

Thank you for your comment! We are pretty close from Fukushima station which we like :) Hope to see you next time :)

I love this place. The staff are so lovely and make you feel at home. There are great hostel activities to do including city tour, izakaya dinner and drinking night and bar night!! The hostel felt like home to me at the end! The area is awesome too!! Thanks so much guys and if we are in Osaka again, we are staying here for sure!! Michelle and Robbie!!

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you Michelle and Robbie :) It was nice to see you two! Sorry for the trouble when you checked in :( We are so happy that we made your stay comfortable :) Hope to see you again!

Great hostel that attracts cool people. Facilities are pretty decent and the organised tour with Mr Yano was hilarious! A bit far from the main attractions but all accessible by train. The staff here were lovely :) thanks for the stay!

Nothing beats J Hoppers for location and vibe, the small central living area is great to meet other travellers and there are local tours run by the staff three times a week. Clean rooms and bathroom with amazing staff that will go out of your way for you. There are 5 levels and only stairs, so try and get a room on the lower floors.

• 6th Jan 2015

We had a brilliant stay, and what made it so great was the friendliness of the stafff who often went out of their way to help us. We had a lovely time cycling around the city on bicycles rented from the hostel. Thank you very much!!

Great, clean hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Mr. Yano is a king!

I had a GREAT stay at J-Hoppers Osaka! The staff was incredibly helpful when it came to finding my way to attractions or restaurants! They were also extremely friendly and always willing to answer questions. The bathrooms and rooms were clean and everything was well organized. The owner, who gives weekend tours around the city, was so very kind, happy and willing to communicate and get to know his guests. I give my stay a 15/10! I was a great hostel and I really enjoyed my stay!

Everyone - guests and workers, were very friendly. The hostel was clean, beds were comfy, and the location was great- close to the main train station but still in its own little neighborhood. Would highly recommend to single travelers or small groups!

• 26th Dec 2014

Even though we had late check in and stayed only one night, my overall impression was really really nice. They answered emails immediately and organized our late arrival very uncomplicated. I would totally recommend this place.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you are satisfied with our service with that short stay! Please stay longer next time. Thank you very much :)

Staff is extremely helpful and speak good English. Near to JR Fukushima station which is only 1 stop from busy Osaka station. Good for those with JR pass.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for your comment! Thankfully we are on JR line which is nice to the guests who have JR pass! We wish we had it ...:P Thank you for spending time with us!

The location of the Hostel was great and the staff was very friendly and willing to help. Also they have weekly events for guests. The bathrooms were clean. Highly recommended!

• 16th Dec 2014

Thank you for your comment! We want all of guests to have a comfortable stay:) Please come back anytime!

thx! it was perfect, and japanese tea was good too kk and thx for gave me good friends, i most like J-hoppers in Osaka!!:)

• 15th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic place. Highly recommend staying here!

Thank you very much! You made our day!!! ;)

I stayed twin bed private room for 4 nights. The room is good and comfortable. Location is OK near Fukushima station. You can take 1 station to Osaka station and use the municipal line go to anywhere you want.

Thank you for your comment! This area is pretty convenient, you can take JR, subway:) We are glad you like our rooms! Hope to see you again soon :)

Room was rather small, limited showering rooms, although I had no problem being able to shower. There are toilets and sinks on every floor. The hostel was always very clean and staff was friendly. Fukushima station can be directly accessed from the airport, and Fukushima itself is a nice area overall.

I stayed in a 2 bed and 10 bed dorm on separate nights. Beds were clean and comfortable, shower facilities up to standard. The staff are exceptionally helpful, providing useful information for itineraries or even nearby eateries. I have conversational fluency in Japanese though I could observe that their English was excellent. Note that this quite a social hostel. Very easy for a solo traveller to get roped into a "quiet" night out

Very warm and accommodating staff. I had a great time here, and I will definitely back.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you for staying with us, it was nice to see you. Please stay with us again! Salamat :)

Mr. Yano is an amazing host and really helps you meet other travellers! The Twin room i stayed in was also huge. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

Excellent location, it is located just 1 stop away from Osaka Train Station (Great for JR Pass Holders), surrounded by fantastic local food outlets. Went to Ramen Jinsei (Jet Ramen) Just few minutes walk away, and I found it to be the best Ramen I've ever had in Japan! The staffs were very vibrant! Totally helpful and fun, it was a pleasure being able to talk to them and actually making friends! I stayed in the 6 people mixed dorm, loved the curtains on the bed for privacy. Thumbs Up.