J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

Staff helped us buy combo train and aquarium tickets. Great little hostel, will stay in again if in Osaka. Only downside is if you are on the 4th floor and had big bags like we did, that's a lot of stairs.

Thank you for staying with us. Hope you had fun in the aquarium:) We are very sorry for the lack of the elevator:( Let us help you to bring the luggage up next time! Thank you!

Location is great as it's on the Osaka Loop, one stop away from Osaka station. The facilities itself are very clean however the rooms themselves are only routinely cleaned. The place I had was fairly dusty, and the bed above me upon closer inspection was pretty nasty, hairs and dirt and stuff, and this is the base mattress that you put the provided linen over. Cost is higher than accommodation I had near Shin-imamiya so cost conscious people can find cheaper elsewhere. Staff was awesome!

For the price we paid, the experience was an extremely pleasant one! Felt so homely and the people are so friendly as well! Rooms and amenities are extremely clean, couldn't ask for more!

Thank you for your comment!!! We all are so happy you had a good time here:) Please come back anytime!!! Thank you!

J-Hoppers Osaka is part of the J-Hoppers chain, with hostels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. The staff are extremely friendly and are fluent in English. Depending on what days of the week you spend at the hostel, you may get the chance to attend some of the hostel events the staff organize, such as a trip to Shirakawa, or Friday night parties. The beds in the dorm were very comfortable, warm, and private, with each having their own curtain. Would stay again next time I make a trip to Osaka!

Thank you vary much for staying with us! It was nice to see you,we are glad you like our events and room;) Mata kitene! Arigatou :)

Mr Yano is a party animal and does tours quite often. We actually ran into him upon leaving the train station and he directed us to the hostel. The rest of the staff and really nice, many of them have done lots of traveling and can offer good advice.

The hostel was great! It was really clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I really like the atmosphere and the facilities. My only complaint is about the size of the lockers: they are pretty small so you can really only fit in valuables (laptop, camera, passport). Since "non valuables" get stolen at hostels too, I would have liked a bigger sized locker, but I have to say that I have yet to see a bigger locker in a Japanese hostel.

• 9th Dec 2013

Thank you for staying with us:) Sorry for the lockers but the room itself is small so we can't put the bigger one:( We can keep your valuables in the reception if you want, let us know next time:) Thank you very much!

Incredibly friendly staff. I really liked its location in Fukushima, too: a lot of cool sidestreets with cute little shops and great restaurants. I think an Osaka guidebook I read said that Fukushima's known for its "edgy" restaurants--not sure what that's supposed to mean--but if you want to stay in a safe, cool part of Osaka that's fun exploring on foot, I'd recommend J Hoppers for sure.

Thank you very much for your comment:) Happy to hear! "Edgy" restaurants, we don't know what it means either but nice neighborhood! Please come back at some point! Thank you:)

This was a fantastic hostel. The staff were fantastic, so helpful and friendly. The location was great and right next to the train station. The facilities were clean and tidy and the atmosphere was second to none. The only negative was the steep, steep stairs to level five with heavy bags. Thanks J-Hoppers!

• 6th Dec 2013

Best wi-fi and the most comfortable dorm I've stayed in Japan. Very friendly staff even by japanese standards & the international exchange parties on fridays are great fun and a good opportunity to get to meet some locals; they stop early so it's cool even if you want to just get a good night's rest. Located on a nice street near JR Fukushima Station where you can access the cheap local Osaka Loop Line & Kansai Airport Rapid Service.

Thank you for your comment! Glad you had fun at the party:) We have many nice and reasonable restaurants near by, we like them too! Hope to see you again! Thank you:)

Stayed in a private room which was a good size and clean. Shared bathrooms are only on 2 floors but we never had to wait and they were all clean. Staff were fantastic and helped whenever we needed it. Really close to the Fukushima station and to a 7/11. Would love to stay here again!

Thank you very much for your comment! You made our day:) We will keep it up! Hope to see you again soon;)

Was extremely good, very nice and helpful staff. Enjoyed partying every night with the random other guests and the international party was great! Highly recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap awesome accommodation in Osaka.

Thank you for your comment! We all hope you are having a great time in Kyoto:) It was fun time to talk with you! Please say thank you to your mom about the Koara bag:) Hope to see you again! Thank you:)

Very friendly and helpful staff members! I had a very fun time during my stay! Will definitely come back again! :)

• 1st Dec 2013

Hello! Thank you for your sweet comment!!! It was nice to see you, I had so much fun to taking and hanging out in the living room with you guys. I'm so happy you could see My Yano, it was last minutes but Mr Yano looked pretty happy:) I miss you guys so much, take good care in Australia! Hope to see you guys again:)

staff can help you to get discount tickets for some attractions and there were very helpful and friendly! attended also the tour on Wednesday with Mr Yano where we could try Kimonos and make our own Okonomiyaki (special food for Osaka) - this was super fun! everything felt comfortable, clean and secure here, however not so cozy, but the location is excellent!

Thank you very much for your comment! Glad you could join the tour:) You looked great in Kimono!!! Thank you for staying! Hope to see you again:)

Mr Yano really was the highlight of staying at J-Hoppers - my night out with him was brilliant - even though I was so hungover e next day!

Thank you for your comment! His party is the best in Japan huh? Please come back and drink with him again:) Thank you very much for staying with us!

This was a really good hostel. We stayed in a mixed dorm which we were a bit apprehensive about but it turned out to be really good. The beds were private, comfortable and didn't creak. Wifi was great. Train station was very close but we never heard a train from our room. The kitchen was good. We didn't realise there was a lounge room downstairs until it was time to leave. This was a pity as it had good facilities and looked really comfortable. Thanks to Keiko for looking after us so well.

Hi thank you very much for the great comment! I should have told you about the living room down stairs, sorry:( How was Nagomi visit? Please send pictures if you have time:) It was really nice to see you three! You are very welcome to come back anytime! Thank you:)

Everything was perfect. The staff was very kind, and it seems that the J-Hoppers hostels are nice places to meet friendly travellers. The facility are very clean and comfortable.

Thank you so much for your comment! We are really happy you seem enjoyed meeting people at our hostel. We are lucky to have great guests like you! If you have a chance to come back to Osaka, please stay with us:D

Everything was just wonderful! I felt that I was so lucky to find J-Hopper/Osaka!!!!!

Thank you for your sweet comment;) You made our day! It was really nice to see you! Can't wait to see you next May;D Take good care youeself! Thank you:)

a fun and quirky hostel in a nice little neighbourhood. mr yanos izakaya nights are the bomb!

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you had a great time with Mr Yano! He loves to drink with you guys:) Please come back anytime! Thank you:)

Amazing! Check out any tours/outings with Mr. Yano - he is not to be missed! Simply had way to much fun! Staff are very friendly and helpful. I will be back next time I'm in Osaka. Hostel is 1 station away from Osaka JR (2 for Shin-Osaka)! Easy to find :)

Thank you very much for the awesome comment!! We all are happy you like the events Mr Yano organizes:) We can't wait to see you in fantastic hair color!:P

Great place, lively and fun, great facilities, clean and fun. was in a centre of some great local restaurants it wasn't on the metro line however so it was a bit or an adjustment to figure out the JR loop line.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy you like our facilities:) Fukushima area is famous for good restaurants actually. Yes we have to go back to Osaka if we want to take subway but it's not too bad we think;) Hope to see you again !