J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

2088 Total Reviews

The location is good, right next to jr station

Thank you for your comment! We are pretty close from Fukushima station and also Osaka station which is really nice :)

No problem with my early arrival from the airport. Good location near a station and pleanty of food options near by. Staff really good - helped when I wanted to know what was happening with the typhoon that was incoming. I enjoyed being back in Osaka.

It was our second time staying at J hoppers. The first time was when we met. Kitchen and common room are good for meeting other travellers. Mr Yano often organizes fun stuff. We joined a takoyaki party and socialized with the other backpackers.

Thank you very much for coming back!! We are super happy you guys are staying together now. Hope to see you two next year or few years later :) Thank you! Good luck for the distance love relationship!

The location is convenient,near station and easy to find. The staffs are very friendly, and the bedis comfortable too. I and my friends even has decided to stay at J hoppers again at our next year Japan trip^^.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Thank you very much! Glad you could sleep well here :) Yes, please come back anytime!!! Thank you :)

I only stopped here the one night and left pretty early. That was my plans rather than the hostel. There are plenty of bars/nearby in the street and a 7-11 store is round the corner. It's one stop away from Osaka train station on the loop line. A little bit out of the way perhaps but once located a breeze to find again. The manager is quite a character and there was a free 'welcome' drink with other travelers in the early evening.

A very good location hostel at Osaka. For those come from Kansai Airport, you can reach Fukushima station straight away by JR train, and around 5-10min walk distance to the accommodation. Around 4 stations to Universal Studio (20min riding time). Ask the staff how to find delicious local food, they are helpful and friendly. Many delicious food nearby, the cuisine winner award shop (Wagyu BBQ) is in front of the hostel too. A bit noisy if the people next room is disturbing.

Easily the gold standard in hostel culture. The location was easy to find. 5 min. walk to JR Fukushima Station and a quick 15-min walk to JR Osaka Central Terminal (to those coming from Kansai Airport, get the Kansai Airport-JR Fukushima Stn. ticket). The day I arrived, there was a regular pub hopping event at 7PM. It was a nice introduction to Osaka! The staff were amazing! The only downside is the bathroom facility which is only one on my floor. Overall, it was afantastic stay. I'll be back!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We are happy to heat that you enjoyed the party at the night:D There were other shower rooms on the 3rd floor. We are sorry that we didn't tell you. Yeah if you have a chance to come back, please stay with us again;D

the location of the hostel is quite near from the fukushima station, only 3 minutes walk.. but the facility is poor since there is no elevator and we stayed in 4th floor with a very very steep stairs. It is very difficult to bring the luggage upstairs, even though there is a helper who help bringing the luggage. And after walking around it is too burden to go upstairs without an elevator.

I had some of the best memories in Japan thanks to this hostel :) The staff is very friendly, speaks great English and they take you out to group events where you can meet other travellers. In my case, I took the chance to make Takoyaki myself and never regretted it because of the people I met :) Should I come back to Osaka, I'm definitely going there again!

Had really good time there, special hello to Mr. Yano!

Thank you so much for your comment! We will let him know:D He will be happy! If you have chance to come to Osaka, please visit us again:D

Really nice time in Osaka with J-Hoppers. The visit with Mr. Yano was really fun and the takoyaki night too. If I come back to Japan, I'll surely book here again! :D

Thank you for your comment :) Glad you had fun at Takoyaki night! Yes please come and stay with us again :)

Excellent hostel. Pros: Clean, friendly staff, good English, programs available for sightseeing/nightlife etc. Cons: Paper-thin walls (you could hear your neighbours' conversations as if they were sitting next to you, whether you wanted to or not), the hostel's party host (Mr. Mako or something like that) seemed tacky and obnoxious - but I could see some people being into that.

• 14th Sep 2014

Excellent hostel! Everything including the rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were kept incredibly clean and the rooms themselves were very nice with privacy curtains and lamps for each bed. The location was good - just a short walk from the nearest train station, which had good connections to other parts of the city and made it easy to get to the major sights. The staff were all very nice and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here!

Thank you for your comment! Glad you like our facilities:) We are cleaning very hard everyday! Please stay with us next time too!

Enjoyable place to stay, this is not a party hostel. Its a quiet friendly one that is easy to get to and the staff are friendly.

Thank you for your comment! We are happy you had fun with us :) Hope to see you again soon.

Simply brilliant! J-hoppers is great value (not to be mistaken for "cheap but rubbish"). While you do not have to pay a premium, the staff were wonderful and friendly, the rooms were clean, and the location was great as well. The only thing I have to note is that the walls are a bit thin so if your room neighbours are a bit loud you can hear them. We never had any problems at night however. So, highly recommended!!!

We loved that they had strong internet. It was definitely a party hostel though, so if that isn't your scene maybe pick somewhere else. Helpful and informative staff though.

Staff went above and beyond expectations to help us. The hostel organised outings were super fun. Place is very easy to find and close to main jr lines. Would recommend to everyone.

it is a good place!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

Quite basic in terms of facilities but staff were really helpful and there was lots of useful information available. Area is close to Osaka and Shinkansen stations, but about half an hour from dotombori and Namba nightlife

Excellent location (close to Fukushima station), friendly staff and always keen to help you in whatever you need, a confy reception and general good facilities.