J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

Particularly the staff at Hoppers made my first Japanese stay successful and great. Meg suggested, then meticulously planned and prepared me to navigate the trains, cable car and buses to a terrific temple stay at Shojoshin in Koyasan. As a solo female traveler, I so appreciate the expert advice of all the staff and the coziness of J Hoppers. It's a home away from home . Stay here and enjoy the location by the JR station and a great environment. Cute pedestrian street with sweet restaurants too.

Great place to stay. Nice location, right by the Fukushima station which is one stop away from Osaka and on JR line, perfect if you have JR pass. Also the surrounding area has loads of restaurants, and easy access to other places in the city. Staff were also super friendly and helped me out with train times and routes and advice, and there is a free luggage storage for after you check out

Thank you for your comment! Yeah JR pass is super!! Wish we could but it :( Glad we helped you and made your stay comfortable :) Hope to see you again!

Great hostel, really nice staff who have lots of advice for things to do in osaka and other nearby cities. Fukushima is a pretty quaint area but it isn't all that close to Dotonbori or Namba so you have to get around on the subway (or you can use their bikes, it's pretty easy to ride around the city!) I wasn't there for any of the events but they have free tours and parties scheduled throughout the week which is cool.

Thank you for your comment! Too bad you didn't have chance to join our events :( Please join next time! Thank you :)

A great hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Location is good if you have a JR rail pass as it is right next to a train station, and easy access to the Kansai airport. Be sure to go to Mr. Yano's food tour on Tuesdays or tour to visit a museum where you can wear a kimono! I can recommend this hostel. Thank you!

Thank you for the sweet comment! If you have a JR pass, you can go pretty much everywhere ! We are happy you enjoyed Mr Yano's tour :) You look great in Kimono! Hope to see you again :)

Not much happening when I was there, but super friendly and helpful staff. Get good discounts for most of the sites that you want to visit which is a big plus. Not much storage space for gear would be biggest downfall.

A good, clean hostel with a friendly atmosphere. Lots of help and instructions provided by the staff. The 8-bed mixed dorm was pretty cold, but in the 3-bed mixed dorm there was an aircon which helped a lot.

Thank you for staying with us ;) We have the air conditioner in 8 mixed dormitory room too! And we could rent more blankets if you asked us :( Please don't hesitate to ask anything next time :)

Mr Yamo is the man, wish I stayed longer.

Oh Mr Yano! He is awesome! We love him:) Please stay long next time :)

Mr. Yano and the rest of the staff at J-Hoppers were incredible! Would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone!

Thank you for your comment! We will keep up the good work :) Thank you!

Excellent Location, very close to the main train station and shopping malls.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had an absolute blast, the staff there are so lovely to talk and chat with. Super helpful as well. Got to be good friends with a lot of the guest there. I loved it so much.

• 13th Jan 2015

Thank you for staying with us! It was nice to see you :) Hope you got the hat we sent the other day! Please come back and stay with us again :)

The staff were so helpful - Keiko gave us great ideas for what to do. Super close to Fukushima station, and the staff gave helpful tips about trains and day passes etc.

Thank you for your comment! We are pretty close from Fukushima station which we like :) Hope to see you next time :)

I love this place. The staff are so lovely and make you feel at home. There are great hostel activities to do including city tour, izakaya dinner and drinking night and bar night!! The hostel felt like home to me at the end! The area is awesome too!! Thanks so much guys and if we are in Osaka again, we are staying here for sure!! Michelle and Robbie!!

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you Michelle and Robbie :) It was nice to see you two! Sorry for the trouble when you checked in :( We are so happy that we made your stay comfortable :) Hope to see you again!

Great hostel that attracts cool people. Facilities are pretty decent and the organised tour with Mr Yano was hilarious! A bit far from the main attractions but all accessible by train. The staff here were lovely :) thanks for the stay!

Nothing beats J Hoppers for location and vibe, the small central living area is great to meet other travellers and there are local tours run by the staff three times a week. Clean rooms and bathroom with amazing staff that will go out of your way for you. There are 5 levels and only stairs, so try and get a room on the lower floors.

• 6th Jan 2015

We had a brilliant stay, and what made it so great was the friendliness of the stafff who often went out of their way to help us. We had a lovely time cycling around the city on bicycles rented from the hostel. Thank you very much!!

Great, clean hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Mr. Yano is a king!

I had a GREAT stay at J-Hoppers Osaka! The staff was incredibly helpful when it came to finding my way to attractions or restaurants! They were also extremely friendly and always willing to answer questions. The bathrooms and rooms were clean and everything was well organized. The owner, who gives weekend tours around the city, was so very kind, happy and willing to communicate and get to know his guests. I give my stay a 15/10! I was a great hostel and I really enjoyed my stay!

Everyone - guests and workers, were very friendly. The hostel was clean, beds were comfy, and the location was great- close to the main train station but still in its own little neighborhood. Would highly recommend to single travelers or small groups!

• 26th Dec 2014

Even though we had late check in and stayed only one night, my overall impression was really really nice. They answered emails immediately and organized our late arrival very uncomplicated. I would totally recommend this place.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you are satisfied with our service with that short stay! Please stay longer next time. Thank you very much :)

Staff is extremely helpful and speak good English. Near to JR Fukushima station which is only 1 stop from busy Osaka station. Good for those with JR pass.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for your comment! Thankfully we are on JR line which is nice to the guests who have JR pass! We wish we had it ...:P Thank you for spending time with us!