J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

1946 Total Reviews

Very nice place, clean, neat, staffs were welcoming, the little events and parties were also nice! very close to the subway station and very convenient for getting around! highly recommended!!!

Nicest staff around, and they throw multiple events through the week to get you engaged. Other nice people staying there, a good neighborhood in Fukushima, social... overall a great time!

It is simply the BEST hostel in JAPAN! Excellent facilities, but more than perfect is the staff (Meg, Ayaka, and Keiko) everyone is extremely nice and helpful, their recommendations, ideas and tours with Mr. Yano are impossible to beat, you guys are way up in the top, keep it that way till i go back, thank you soo much.

This was such a fantastic hostel. Incredibly clean, great atmosphere and facilities. The staff, especially Meg were extremely helpful and nice with all my questions and trying to book different activities. Every Friday and Sunday are also really fun going out with Mr Yano for drinks at the bar and party at the lounge in the hostel. I would definitely stay here again in a heart beat.

The people that work here are super nice!! Lots of great tips on places to eat and drink nearby! The location is pretty great too- close to a station, not so busy that it's ridiculously noisy, but enough going on at night that you don't feel like you have to take a train to get a beer.

Friendly staff. Thin walls. Nice rooftop terrace. Great location. (from Fukushima Station you can access just about everything of importance).

Thank you for your comment! We all are happy you like our facility, sorry about the this wall tough:( Hope to see you again soon!

I really loved my stay there!! The area is cool (lots of restaurants and bars), very nice and friendly staff, the common areas are well equiped and the beds, really good. I had such a great time at the Friday night party! Met amazing people there.

If you are going to Osaka you have to stay at J'Hoppers. Mr Yano will make your stay. He is absolutely hillarious. You will know what I mean when you get there. The atmosphere is great and the staff is very helpful. Just take my word for it and book it.

Thank you for your sweet comment! We will let My Yano know about your message since he can't read the alphabet! lol Thank you for spending time with us and My Yano! Hope to see you again:) Thank you!

the kitchen and basement lounge are too small but these didn't affect our staying. otherwise were all good, staff were very helpful. the street where the hostel located is fantastic. we loved the restaurant right next to it.

Thank you for your comment! Do you think our kitchen is too small? Actually we think our kitchen is big enough since many guests want to go out for meal since Osaka food is awesome :P Hope you could enjoy Osaka! Thank you:)

I had a wonderful experience and time at the hostel. Very welcoming and clean! Also great location!

Thank you very much for staying with us! It was really nice to see you :) Hope you enjoyed in J hoppers Osaka:)

I only spent one night here but it was clean and inviting. Staff was friendly and directed me to a great local Okonomiyaki restaurant which was excellent. There can be some noise from the street but nothing that would prevent a tired traveler from sleeping.

Great location, great staff, and great facilities. The only mbira issue I had was room 34 was located directly beside the doorway to the stairs and we could hear everyone coming back to their rooms at all hours of the night.

Thank you for your comment! We are so sorry for the wall:( Hope you could sleep. Anyway thank you very much for saying with us!

Staff were lovely. Location was great. Fukushima area had so many great restaurants. Only one stop from Osaka Station via JRLine so great for JR pass visitors. Bathrooms very modern and clean. Kitchen nice and clean. Common room space comfortable and welcoming. Computers to use free of charge. Printing for a small fee Our room was on the 5th floor which is a little inconvenient without a lift so request lower floor if you have difficulty with stairs. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for your comment! We are happy you are satisfied with our facility! Please come back anytime:)

this hostel was clean enough but it was just as bit of an odd set up with the shared bathroom situation, there was only one toilet afor the floor of maybe 5 rooms and the showers were on a different floor, and there was also only one sink on the floor which was next to the communal kitchen area. We had some very noisy room neighbours which isnt the hostels fault but the walls were very thin so you could hear everything. Mr Yano who I think was the owner was around and seemed lots of fun.

An amazing place with supernice staff!! The staff was fun and helpfull, they know a lot. Rooms and facilities were great. Osaka is such a nice play to visit!

Thank you for your comment! You made our day ;) Hope to see you again soon!

Super friendly and helpful staff, especially the owner. Social hostel, great for meeting people :)

Great location since Osaka station is not far away (it’s possible to go there by train or walking). Great staff, friendly and helpful. Dorms are big enough and clean, bathrooms too. When I arrived, there was an international party on the common room and guests could meet each other (the only one I had while in Japan). Many restaurants on the Fukushima area. J-Hoppers is a good choice if staying in Osaka. However, maybe a new computer for guests’ use will be a little improvement.

J Hopper was amazing! The service was increadible!

Thank you for your comment! It was nice to see you, thank you for the wine as well:) Hope to see you again;)

Great experience, friendly staff with good english speaking, near train, and the dormitory is well thoughtful designed, able to wash and dry your clothes, recommended for backpack if you want to carry lighter luggage.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Comfortable beds, great common area, and a super helpful staff made this one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The hot shower is timed which can be a bit annoying but it's still a good shower so I can't complain. Would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed staying our hostel:) We really hope to see you again soon.