J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse Reviews

4-22, Fukushima 7-chome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka, Japan

2022 Total Reviews

The staff are very nice and helpful with all enquiries. Mr Yano also offers free guide services to some places of interest around Osaka (check the schedule) and he is a likeable person. He also hosts an international party every Friday at 7pm and the first drink is on the house for the hostel guests. We were happy staying here except that there was no elevator and we had to lug our luggages up and down the narrow staircase.

I loved this hostel! A nice place to meet people, very clean. Staff speaks English very well and gives good info about the town.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave great advice for okonomiyaki places. The bathrooms were also clean and convenient. I liked having curtains around the bed for privacy and the personal outlets. The wifi wasn't working well during our stay so it was a bit difficult to plan our trip without access to Internet. The location was great though, it was in a local area with lots of small restaurants nearby. It's also close enough to more populated areas and the train station.

When staying in Osaka, I really recommend this place. Just minutes outside the Osaka loop line and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. And oh, if you have a chance to meet Mr yano, I recommend you do!

Great hostel: clean, very helpful staff, and centrally located with easy access to trains and metro. It's in an interesting neighborhood packed with restaurants and shops. Only drawback is that you have to pay for a luggage locker in the room (or bring your own lock). The wifi didn't work when I was there, but the staff was working hard to fix it. Recommended!

Lovely hostel, great hostel -staff were just wonderful

Thank you :) Hope to see you again!

Great location easy walk to train station and surrounded by restaurants,big room for hostel,showers not on every floor but one floor up or down,no lift. Staff very helpful,large lounge area, internet service good.Booked again as location is excellent

So hommy n handy helpful staff and easily to know everything all around japan news n info. Loved to stay here!

J-Hoppers was an AMAZING hostel! Inexpensive yet in a great location. Very conveniently located near a train station just one stop from Osaka Station (the city's main station). Very friendly people, both who work there and other guests. Clean, had air conditioning, private double room door locks, and it's overall fantastic! The only thing I would suggest is to try to get a room on the second or third floor. We had a room on the fourth floor... we also had a lot of luggage. There's no elevator.

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you like our facility and Fukushima area. It's pretty convenient we love it too. Sorry for the lack of the elevator :(

Helpful staff, good facilities and great value for money!

• 25th May 2014
  • Scotland

Really an awesome hostel! Nice staff, friendly rommates, clean and tidy facilities, good location as it's near JR station and there are lots of restaurants and also post office (for sending postcards) nearby. Worth staying!

Thank you :-) Glad you enjoyed with your roommate! We have nice restaurants near Fukushima area! Hope you like Osaka food!

clean, neat, cosy and friendly staffs :)

• 24th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your comment! You made our day:) We will do our best to hear that comment from all of guests!

Fantastic hostel, staff very friendly and willing to help, rooftop garden is brilliant, location very good and overall would definitely stay again

Thank you ;) Hope you enjoyed drinking with some guests!

Good clean hostel, helpful staff, good location.

Thank you:-) Glad you enjoyed here! Hope to see you again :3

I only got to stay the night so I didn't get to explore Osaka as much as I originally intended to. The time I spent there was great. I met up with some cool people, checked out some cool bars/restaurants and cafes.

Thank you for staying with us :) We wish you could get here earlier and see Osaka more :( But as long as you enjoyed with some guests, we all are happy! Hope to see you again!

Need lift, because i was stayed at 3rd floor.

• 21st May 2014
  • Indonesia

Sorry for the lack of the elevator. But actually the 3rd floor is the lowest floor of private rooms. We will help you to carry your bags next time :)

Loved my stay at this hostel. The roof top patio is a great place to hang out and have some drinks with other travelers. The hostel organizes plenty of social events which are super fun and a great way to meet other travelers. The location is a bit far from the city centre but easy to get to on the JR. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Stayed one night at j-Hoppers in Osaka. Only slight problem I had was that you can't check in earlier than 1500 and can't get into the room between 1100 and 1500 (for cleaning). Other than that, the place was excellent, helpful staff, good atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Osaka.

• 18th May 2014

such an amazing place with great staffs. Lot of nice and friendly tourists I just love it ;)

• 18th May 2014
  • Thailand

A really great hostel to stay at in Osaka, the staff are amazing and so friendly, helpful and accommodating. Mr Yano is hilarious! I wish I stayed in Osaka longer, I would definitely return.

• 16th May 2014