Jomtien Hostel Reviews

jomtien beach road Turn at sarita hotel, 279/347 Moo 12 soi Somprasong plaza, Pattaya, Thailand

Good hostel right by the beach. 15 minutes from Walking Street by truck for 40 baht. Staff's great.

Great hotel grade bed, awesome cold air conditioning in dorm room. Only problem I had with this hostel is bad and poor Internet connection. Many routers/antenna on each floor but only one that stay working and VERY SLOW. At one time, Internet was down for few hours. Hostel is about 10 minutes of walk to Jomtien Beach or 20 minutes of ride to Pattaya Beach if using Songthraew trucks, plenty of them!

Nice quiet place.

Location is good, near to the Jomtien beach. The owner, John sharp, is a self-obsessed guy. He never misses out to point out how sharp he is, just because his family name is sharp. U ask him anything and there he is, John Sharp, the electrical Engineer. We preffered avoiding him after first encounter, unless required. But it doesn't take away anything from this hostel . Hostel is gud, secluded, vry nice balconies. Hot shower works well. Beds were comfy. I surely recommend staying here. Adios !

Great hostel . Very friendly informative owner. It was an education , ill be back

helpful and friendly owner, he was so great and love him so much for giving me some help :)

I had an awesome stay here. It's just a short walk to the beach and if you'd like to go elsewhere, the staff is very helpful. My room was beautiful and the sun lit up the entire room. I believe I stayed in a standard double room. You also can purchase their very cheap full breakfast which I found convenient. Overall I had a wonderful stay and I would say it's a very safe choice if you're looking to book in Pattaya.

• 3rd Apr 2015

hi Rachel , thanks for your nice comments . we hope to see you again soon.

This hostel shall remain close to my heart.I spent my Birthday here..The owner was very interactive and he wished me too.located away from the hustle bustle of the beach. I had a very comfortable stay.would love to visit again

The owner can speak Bahasa, so that's very nice to hear Bahasa in another country. He's so kind and welcome. Also, very helpful person. Thd hostel is clean and comfortable to stay.

Very few hostels to choose from when searching Pattaya. Be aware this is far away from Pattaya in a very small quiet town. Not many young backpackers or good atmosphere but was clean and had a private room. Depends what you are looking for.

Best staff ever, they rock! Super clean rooms, great atmosphere, great location, the beach is just down the road. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at!

Good place to stay. A bit out of the way on a quiet street, if that's what you are looking for. The rooms were nice and plenty large as well as a decent bathroom. Didn't really feel much vibe but was able to hang out with some of the people from my room. Would stay again.

Great staff, very helpful. The owner (John) is very friendly and made our stay enjoyable. The hostel is very close to the beach, food establishments, etc. Overall a very good experience :)

• 28th Feb 2015

Realy good breakfast :)

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great staff and very nice atmosphere. John is a great host, who knows a lot, can tell a lot of stories and sometimes even makes French food to try for the guests. Very close to the beach, excellent location. Very clean and comfortable. My locker was in the common reception area that is accessible also for non-guests during the day. Also, the electricity plugs were far away from my bed and I had to charge my phone overnight in a place where it could easily have been taken by other guests.

Perfect hostel, Nice staff, clean,easy scooter rent and probably a better place to stay as in the center of Pattaya!

thanks for your warm encouragements to always do our best for you together .....john

Nice hostel if you want to be at jomtien beach. Friendly staff, let me store my bag there for extra night without charge. Excellent wifi. Would definitely use again.

• 19th Feb 2015

Good hostel overall. Clean and up-to-date. The owner was alright too... We rented scooters, and they didn't warn us about having a driving permit. We got caught by the police and fined 600Baht. Other than that, pretty good hostel.

I stayed at the second floor 7 bed mix......no complaint,nice comfortable bed and facility has elevator and price is very good. Hostel might seem far away at the beginning.....after 2 days and with only 10 baht no problem!

Didn't seem like the rooms were cleaned daily, lockers were small, and staff we'rent particularly helpful at offering information about the area.

you stayed in the mix dorm the mixed crowd makes the dorm into a mess , sorry about that why did you not come to reception so we could clean extra . lockers are standard size with extra lockers on floor 1 we try to answer the guests questions ,i am not sure what you really need for information? did you have a travel Plan ?