Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Good location - 1 street away from Kings Cross, cheap-ish prices. Privacy screens, power sockets and lights. Staff are friendly and no cash deposit to pay. Rooms do feel over crowded.

Everything is OK with this hostel except blankets! I had a feeling that my blanket was made of polyethilene, cause it rustled like a plastic bag and I sweated the whole night like a cucumber in a supermarket package! I could never think that blanket can be such an irritating thing, but this hostel really surprised me with that! I felt sorry not to have my sleeping bag.

I was really disappointed when I saw my room...

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

We are sorry to read we did not meet your expectations, however there are plenty of pictures and details on the web that will give an idea about the rooms and the hostel.

The hostel was shamelessly expensive compared to the cleanliness and to the state of 12 person mixed dorms or the 2 persons' private room. Shared toilets didn't work and the shower was so dirty we coudn't use it. I will definitely not recommend, the worst experience in my life. I don't mind if the premises are not that good but when it's dirty it's bad. This place was.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Finland

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We have cleaners on duty every day and they try their best to keep the hostel as clean as possible during their working hours. They also cannot be on duty 24h/day so it is up to our guests to try and maintain the hostel as clean as possible.

The rooms are definitively too small, they smell like dust and the windows do not close. Furthermore, the whole hostel lacks in cleanliness, hygiene and friendliness. Value for money= 0. Worst place I have stayed at! DON'T GO THERE!!!!

• 21st Mar 2014

We are sorry to read that you had an unpleasant stay. Our hostel is located in central London and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we need to make the most of the little space that we have. We always advise our guests to come to reception and report any problem you might have to our shift managers, they will be happy to make your experience as nice as possible. We would like to have you again staying with us on your next visit to London. Journeys Kings Cross Staff

Atmosphere was slightly lacking, but possibly just because of the time we went. There was one incredibly nice and welcoming male staff member (quite tall and spoke Italian - as well as English, of course) who greeted my friend and I on our arrival, gave us all the information we needed and some great advice about the area and things to do, however the other staff we encountered, for example when checking out the next day were quite cold and unhelpful. Bathrooms and security verging on poor.

Our hostel is located in central London and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we need to make the most of the little space that we have. We always advise our guests to come to reception and report any problem you might have to our shift managers, they will be happy to make your experience as nice as possible. JKC Staff.

The hostel was in a convenient location for catching an international train but thats about the only positive. One major negative was the outside courtyard that joined to the kitchen area was a favourite area for smokers and with the door being kept open it resulted in the kitchen and our dorm (room 1) stinking of smoke. Most of the hostel was booked out by an educational group that were very loud untill late at night and took up most of the common areas.

Our hostel is located in central London and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we need to make the most of the little space that we have. Our shift managers always try to keep the noise level to a minimum but of course it is up to our guests to be considerate about other guest's rest. We always advise our guests to come to reception and report any problem you might have to our shift managers, they will be happy to make your experience as nice as possible. Journeys Kings Cross Staff

1 2 Next » last »