Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The showers were absolutely disgusting, the location was great, the hostel was average.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we value it a lot. We have cleaning staff on site for the most time of the day and they do their best in order to keep areas clean. We hope you did enjoy your stay and you will think of us again when you visit London next time!

Rooms are extremely small and get hot pretty fast. Didn't look into the reviews before booking last-minute, so in the end its my fault. I also noticed that King's Cross likes to upcharge for small things such as: leaving a dirty plate in the sink, getting charged for a whole day if not checked out by 10:00 am. While I do understand their reasoning behind the upcharging I noticed that other hostels aren't so sensitive to such matter.

Dear guest, Thank you for your opinion, it lets us improve. We are in one of the most central areas in London and we have to make the most of the little space we have in order to keep prices competitive. We prefer to have control of what is happening in the hostel in order to avoid any problems. We hope you did enjoy your stay!

Everything was fine: bedrooms, kitchen, breakfast, wi-fi, nice staff, etc., I really liked it! The only thing I didn't really like was that when I had to extend my stay (obviously I had to move to another room because of the short notice, but that wasn't the problem), the guy at the reception explained to me that prices vary depending on availability, which I can understand: however, I think 26£ for a bed in a small and crowded 12-bed mixed (read: male) dorm is just too much and not really fair.

Cold showers some mornings

Good location - 1 street away from Kings Cross, cheap-ish prices. Privacy screens, power sockets and lights. Staff are friendly and no cash deposit to pay. Rooms do feel over crowded.

Everything is OK with this hostel except blankets! I had a feeling that my blanket was made of polyethilene, cause it rustled like a plastic bag and I sweated the whole night like a cucumber in a supermarket package! I could never think that blanket can be such an irritating thing, but this hostel really surprised me with that! I felt sorry not to have my sleeping bag.

1 2 Next » last »