Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Location is very good. It is only one bad thing that a pay locker.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment, we value it a lot. We are in one of the most central areas in London and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we do have a small fee for a private security locker. We also have a free storage room which is available prior check-in and during your stay. We hope you enjoyed your visit and you will consider us for your next trip to London!

Overall, the staff are nice and the beds are clean.The disadvantage is that the showers can hardly control temperature and lack eater easily, especially when a grouo of people using them. Also, the electric socket along my and my friends' bedside never work and cannot be repaired, we need to charge in the kitchen. But the location is very close to the King Cross Station and excellent.

The showers were absolutely disgusting, the location was great, the hostel was average.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we value it a lot. We have cleaning staff on site for the most time of the day and they do their best in order to keep areas clean. We hope you did enjoy your stay and you will think of us again when you visit London next time!

Rooms are extremely small and get hot pretty fast. Didn't look into the reviews before booking last-minute, so in the end its my fault. I also noticed that King's Cross likes to upcharge for small things such as: leaving a dirty plate in the sink, getting charged for a whole day if not checked out by 10:00 am. While I do understand their reasoning behind the upcharging I noticed that other hostels aren't so sensitive to such matter.

Dear guest, Thank you for your opinion, it lets us improve. We are in one of the most central areas in London and we have to make the most of the little space we have in order to keep prices competitive. We prefer to have control of what is happening in the hostel in order to avoid any problems. We hope you did enjoy your stay!

Everything was fine: bedrooms, kitchen, breakfast, wi-fi, nice staff, etc., I really liked it! The only thing I didn't really like was that when I had to extend my stay (obviously I had to move to another room because of the short notice, but that wasn't the problem), the guy at the reception explained to me that prices vary depending on availability, which I can understand: however, I think 26£ for a bed in a small and crowded 12-bed mixed (read: male) dorm is just too much and not really fair.

1 2 Next » last »