Jugendgaestehaus Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Lehrter Strasse 68, Berlin, Germany

Not your traditional "hostel", but a nice, clean, quiet place to stay.

The reviews for this hostel had us slightly worried, but we really enjoyed our stay here. The lobby was very nice and had a good variety of drinks/ snacks for us to choose from. We bought beer from the hostel the first night and brought our own back the next two nights, which the staff had no problems with it. It is very close to the main train station and cheap. Only downsides, the showers took a long time to get warm and there weren't that many outlets in the room.

It is very close to the main station which was great. Nevertheless, I was pretty disappointed that it was not a "real hostel" with a real atmosphere - it is more like a youth hostel. Someone stole my book (Berlin guide) and the staff wasn't really helpful. Also, when I asked about church stuff to do in Berlin during my stay, they couldn't really help me, although it is a christian hostel. That was pretty disappointing, too. There was only 1 socket in my room for 4 people (not enough for phones).

PROS: The hostel is near the Berlin Hauptbahnhof train station. Not only you have trains to everywhere in Europe, but also its a good point to move around the city and to/from the airports. CONS: As its location its near the train station, there aren't many food shop near. The nearest is like 1 km away. So, the only option for dinner is the train station. This is a house from a catholic mission, so if you are looking for party, thi isn't the right place.

The hostel was very clean which was very great. The hostel is near the main station, that's practical. BUT : the staff is not really friendly. We were also disappointed because there's no facility after 10 p.m. Plus, there's almost nothing to drink at the reception and there isn't a lot of bars near the hostel -- that's an euphemism. And when we wanted to drink some alcohol to relax and enjoy our stay, staff took it because it's forbidden in the bedrooms, while we had not abused it at all.

Budget friendly hostel within walking distance of the main train station. Shady area to be walking through late at night.