Jugendgaestehaus Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Lehrter Strasse 68, Berlin, Germany

It is very close to the main station which was great. Nevertheless, I was pretty disappointed that it was not a "real hostel" with a real atmosphere - it is more like a youth hostel. Someone stole my book (Berlin guide) and the staff wasn't really helpful. Also, when I asked about church stuff to do in Berlin during my stay, they couldn't really help me, although it is a christian hostel. That was pretty disappointing, too. There was only 1 socket in my room for 4 people (not enough for phones).

PROS: The hostel is near the Berlin Hauptbahnhof train station. Not only you have trains to everywhere in Europe, but also its a good point to move around the city and to/from the airports. CONS: As its location its near the train station, there aren't many food shop near. The nearest is like 1 km away. So, the only option for dinner is the train station. This is a house from a catholic mission, so if you are looking for party, thi isn't the right place.

The hostel was very clean which was very great. The hostel is near the main station, that's practical. BUT : the staff is not really friendly. We were also disappointed because there's no facility after 10 p.m. Plus, there's almost nothing to drink at the reception and there isn't a lot of bars near the hostel -- that's an euphemism. And when we wanted to drink some alcohol to relax and enjoy our stay, staff took it because it's forbidden in the bedrooms, while we had not abused it at all.

Budget friendly hostel within walking distance of the main train station. Shady area to be walking through late at night.

A good hostel! The area near the hostel is very residential, but if you walk 500 meters to the hauptbahnhof you can get of any part of Berlin anytime you want buying the public transportion ticket at the hostel. It wasn't good to socialize, but the hostel is very clean and the staf is very helpful.

the receptionist was very rude, you have to pay € 0,50 for a wifi that doesn't work in your room, just in the common areas ( 3 rooms), my room was in another building which is not connected to the main one, son on a snowing day I had tonget out of my room, wlk on snow just to use google maps. The breakfast is quite expensive as well, and it has a deadline of 9:30, what makes a lot of people don't eat because there's not enough time.

Everything was OK for that price but wi-fi should be free! Hostel is about 15 mins on foot from the Brandenburg gate and 5 mins from the main train station called "Hauptbahnhof".