Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Reviews

92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, Kunming, China

Nice Common room but the food was not good. Clean comfortable rooms. Close to the lake.

Great cheap food with lots of vegetarian options. Location is good, close to the park and walking street. Wifi is just ok, i assume it's because many people connect at the same time. The directions posted in the lobby for the bus/train stations are contradictory so best ask again. Buses in kunming don't have english stop names, so if you cannot understand chinese, try to count the stations (hostel staff can tell you at which stop number you have to get off/change buses).

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and genuinely seemed interested in making our stay in Kunming exciting and without issue! Located close to Renmin Lu (large commercial area) and has fairly nice facilities. Showers on upper floors have weaker water pressure. Food was okay. Kunming itself is fantastic and I recommend exploring around the hostel, there's cool street life at night not too far away.

Terrible wifi (horribly slow, barely usable).

I loved the garden and communal areas. The staff was helpful (although sometimes seemingly moody), and I really liked the information about transport links displayed in the reception-very handy&could be photographed for reference.

The ladies at the front desk are as helpful as they are beautiful. From difficult bookings, to trains, to planes, it was all handled with huge generosity. This hostel has some enormous and interesting interior design, and plenty of places to curl up with a book and a thermos to be alone, or go to the bar and socialize. It's proximity to the Green Lake is nice as well. The beds were pristinely clean, full-duvet-comfortable, sturdy bunk beds in the dorm. This place does it sooo right.

Full size luggage lockers in the dorm, great sitting areas, and management that seems to genuinely care about their guests. Only a couple downsides -- no public kitchen or fridge, and there was so much coming and going that the front desk often seemed a little overwhelmed. Also, my dorm door squeaked!

• 24th Mar 2014

Great place to stay! The rooms are good value for money and similar to anything you'd get in a hotel. They have great facilities and the food in the bar is amazing!

I enjoyed my stay of two nights. The facilities were good and clean. Nice shower room. I loved the bar/restaurant area. Nice atmosphere there. The bar staff were very friendly. The main reception staff were helpful but not so warm. They always helped me with my enquiries but I felt as though I was imposing on them even though it was their job to help me. Overall, a great hostel and I recommend it to anybody traveling in the area. Within easy reach of the airport bus also.

This hostel was pretty good! Very clean, nice rooms, nice restaurant/lounge. Very friendly staff, and the restaurant had great prices for a western breakfast.

• 6th Feb 2014

Nice hostel, warm rooms great atmosphere.

Very nice hostel, good location, comfortable dorms, nice outside area.

Nice hostel, lots of cool people, showers could have been a bit better

Great place to stay in downtown Kunming right next to a bus stopso getting around was pretty easy. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly and food was reasonably priced. My only complaint would be that because my room was right next to the bar it was pretty noisy until 1am or so.

The staff was unhelpful, gave us wrong information day after day to get to things around the city. Came early from the train, not really friendly...

The hostel was very nice and very clean. However, the staff was a struggle. We had informed them that we would arrive at six in the morning. When we got there, we were told that there was no room and we would have to wait until noon. We were then told that we could spend that time in the attached restaurant, when we went up to the restaurant it was dark. When we came back and asked, we were told that the restaurant wouldn't open until eight and we could wait in the cold lobby.

Very small private room with a horrible smeel throughout the entire night, expected much more quality for the money paid.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Had 3 wonderful nights here, and made many a great friends while chilling at the bar! Room were also clean and beds comfy. Staff were also very friendly and really made me feel welcomed!

It is not easy to find this place. Even the location is good, close to YunNan University and Cui Lake~ But somehow, even some local people don't know there is a place hidden here, interesting and gathering lots of people from here and there.

Hostel is near to green lake, room is clean, resturant foods are nice and reasonablely priced,staffs are friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3