Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Reviews

92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, Kunming, China

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES IN UPLAND,THE FIRST DAY I CAME THERE GIRLS WERE FRIENDLY TO ME,WHEN I ASKED ABOUT MY PLAN IN YUNNAN THE GIRL RECOMENDED SOME PLACES TO ME IN DETAIL AND REMIND WHAT KIND OF THINGS I AM SUPPOSED TO TAKE,IT IS PRETTY GOOD.EXCEPT THAT,THE POSITION AND ATMESPHERE VERY GOOD TOO,CLOSING TO SHOPPING MALL BUT NOT THAT NOISY,NEARBY THERE IS A GREEN LAKE PARK WHERE I COULD SEE BEAUTIFUL BIRDS FLYING AROUND.HOWEVER,ONE SHORTBACK IS THE ROOM WAS SOMEHOW WET,BUT HEATING BLANKET IS OK.

• 30th Jan 2016

Hello, thank you for giving us the hostel's high praise, look forward to your next visit, I wish you a pleasant journey!

a decent hostel with a nice common room/restaurant/bar space. Dorm beds are cozy, bathrooms and showers relatively clean - I'd stay there again!

Hello, first of all, thank you to our hostel reviews, bar with a pool table, and other passengers can play together and look forward to your coming again, I wish a happy your journey

After reading the reviews, this hostel was a bit disappointing. The rooms felt crowded and a bit rough round the edges, the toilets and shower rooms were much the same. On top of this, the staff weren't that friendly, and even trying to order drinks at the bar took forever.

The hostel is quite nice. The common space is very big with bar and tables. Nice staffs (at least they answer all your questions) and atmosphere. Acceptable cleanliness. The dorm room I stayed is a bit small but it made up with a very clean bed with an electronic blanket. The only bad points here is that I booked the female dorm but they put me in the mixed dorm. (T.T)

Hello, thank you for choosing our hotel, thank you very much for your comments to our hostel, for your reservation is really very sorry, I will check with the front desk is how to return a responsibility, I am very sorry, I wish you a pleasant journey

Beautiful hostel, our room was perfect !! We just stayed one night but if we come back to Kunming, we would book in this hostel.

Hello, thank you very much for your check and review of our hotel。Hope to see you again next time。Wish you a pleasant journey Upland YHA

I traveled in the winter, so that will affect some things, but it was a good stay. I was worried that it would be a long cold night, (Chinese architecture is not cozy) but the beds were very warm! The only way this could have been made any better is if the staff was a little more interactive, but it was still good service. 9/10, easy.

• 30th Dec 2015

We have stayed in both the mixed 8 dorm and private room, both nice and clean. The elektric blanket was also very convenient. Only not that lucky with our roommates the first night, because the Chinese men were a bit annoying at night. The staff is really nice and helpful, their English is really good. Also their food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is tasty! Location is nice, nearby the bar street. Recommend this hostel.

Dear, Thank you for you stay in our hostel. just enjoy your trip .And best wishes from all of our hostel . We hope see you again. UPLAND YHA

Staff was more engrossed in the drama/game when elaborating on possible sites to explore

My second stay here, room was nice and clean and being able to book train and bus tickets was a big help, saved me from going back and forth to the stations which allowed me some much needed rest from my travels

Hello Thanks for your comment again.We have ticket booking service,bicycle renting service and cab sharing service and so on.More services are waiting for you~ Welcome to the hostel again and wish you a happier life~ UPLAND

Room was very clean and nice although somewhat small, also enjoyed the bar area

Hello,thanks for your comments.Actually,exhaust fans are equipped in the room at every floor,and our cleaners clean the rooms every day,also,there are fresheners in each toilets.So if you have the chance,welcome to come again~ UPLAND

My friend recommended the hostel to me and it turned out to be a good choice.a little bit late to value the hostel.I feel good and made some Chinese friends .They were so nice to me even invited me to have dinner like a kind of Chinese food called hot pot which sounded really fresh to me.

It's very nice to stay in this hostel~

• 13th Nov 2015
  • China

This is a fantastic hostel! Staff very helpful always with advice and directions! My only issue is that they have so many 'no smoking' signs in the common area and bar yet ALOT of people were smoking and the staff didn't care. Other than this it was perfect.

Hello : Thank you to our hostel reviews and recommendations, we first floor bar is divided period smoking, daytime is cannot in smoking inside. After 7 p.m. inside smoke, if the daytime saw someone smoking, we will require employees to stop, to bring you the inconvenience, fully understanding,. UPLAND

Good, clean hostel with a great common area, conveniently located close to the city centre and the beautiful lake Cuihu.

Busy Hostel with plenty of people having a fun time; the bar had a good selection of Beers and with pool and a film showing it had quite the pleasant buzz. I really enjoyed being able to stroll down the hill and into Cuiho Park which is a lovely Park to walk in. The one major issue with this Hostel was that in my room on the top floor there was awful Black Mold and if you have allergies with mold you'll want to clarify if the other rooms available are Mold free or not.

Hello, thank you for your comments, questions about the hotel, we will reflect to the manager, at the same time, it will be charged at the front desk to have a good communication with the guest, thank you again for your checking- in, wish you a pleasant journey! UPLAND

I am so happy I chose Upland. It is the perfect blend of peaceful and social - everyone is so friendly here - great vibes from both staff and guests. It is definitely not a party hostel, so if you also want some quiet time on your own this is easily achievable too - I loved sitting out in the sunny peaceful courtyard with a good book! 200m to green lake, 15m walk to Uni/Tourist district for bars etc. The Dorms are very basic but very comfortable beds, showers awesome pressure and hot water!

We had a private room with ensuite. The room was comfy and clean with hot shower and western toilet. It was basic but perfect for what we wanted...comfort and cleanliness. Definitely recommend.

Hello, thank you for your comments, very glad to see your pleasant experience at our hostel , hope to come again next time! UPLAND

Very clean hostel, worth its price! Good athmosphere! Nice area to meet new people. Not everybody at the reception can speak fluent english but that wasnt a problem. Would go there again!

Hello : Thank you for giving us your comments, And look forward to your visit again, Have a nice tirp! UPLAND

The girls at the reception are very helpful and have given me a lot of suggestions,good experiences~

Hello Thank you for choosing our hotel, thank you very much for your service to us, we will continue to work hard,Have a nice tirp, UPLAND

Wonderful garden,good service,delicious food,nice!

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Israel

Hello : Thank you for choosing our hotel, thank you very much for your stay in our hotel, and look forward to your visit again, I wish you a pleasant journey! UPLAND

« first « Prev 1 2 3