9.0
Superb 1,118 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,118 Total Reviews
Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Located at 92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, , Kunming.
China
Kunming 650031 92 Hua Shan Xi Lu
90% 1118
25.0475321 102.7079737
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th May 2016
5.4

The showers weren't very clean, and were one per floor, which was a surprise. The beds were fine. Food made both of us sick, but the mojitos were great. The patio is lovely, but the rest is just okay. Staff not very friendly... Not worth it, imo.

Hello! First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel, for your previous experience to stay really sorry, our kitchen cooking and meal are in strict accordance with the standards of food hygiene, I would like to ask you is what food, hostel will be to strengthen the training of service, so that visitors have a better service experience, I wish you a pleasant journey!

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
11th May 2016
6.9

I wouldn't really recommend this hostel. We only chose them because their website offered a free train station pickup, and claimed that the airport express stopped very close by. However, neither of these things proved to be correct, and staff offered no explanation. The room was fine, if small, and Green Lake is nearby. No cold drinking water available, which was a bit of a pain. It was also difficult to find a taxi willing to take us there. All in all, not what we were hoping for!

4th May 2016

Stayed only for a night, but the place is really lovely an I'd definitely come back.

hello! First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel, thank you for your comments to our hostel, look forward to your next visit, I wish you a pleasant journey!

• USA, Male, 18-24
30th Apr 2016
8.0

Enjoyed staying at Upland Hostel. Dorm lockers were spacious and secure, dorms themselves were decent. The large building with all the rooms was well cleaned and did its job. I especially enjoyed the cafe/bar with a pool table. Fun atmosphere all around.

7th Apr 2016
7.7

Was OK, clean enough. The restaurant could be avoided, not tasty and priced for foreign standards. You are better eating outside.

hello! Thank you for your comments to the hostel, also thank you for giving us the recommendations of the hostel, we go back and strive to improve, I wish you a pleasant journey UPLAND

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
24th Mar 2016

A bit away from the main street. But it has good vibe for backpackers. I didn't try food but I remember they served a good taste of coffee, which is not easy to be found in China.

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Mar 2016
7.7

Great Hostel with very clean rooms and good facilities. Shame about the staff, rude, obnoxious, won't help you with anything that doesn't involve the hostel. Transfers to airport, bus stations and trains stations are 4 times the price of a local taxis. I can speak fluent chinese and yet there are still the most unhelpful staff I have met. Furthermore they don't seem to know Yunnan or Kunming, making it difficult to arrange anything!!!!!!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Mar 2016

This is a fantastic hostel in kunming, great staff and atmosphere, would recommend.

hello! Thank you for your comments to our hostel, also thank you very much for your recommendation, I wish you a pleasant journey

• Australia, Male, 25-30
21st Feb 2016

Really nice hostel,when i first came there it was midnight,however,there was a night man who was waiting for me,that was really awesome .Then he showed me the way to the room. One more thing,they have heating blanket,haha,so cool

Hello, thank you very much for your check and review of our hotel。Hope to see you again next time。Wish you a pleasant journey Upland YHA

14th Feb 2016
6.9

The staff were friendly - except for one who had an attitude problem. I know: I should have gotten her name. There wasn't enough lighting in the room; it was too dark inside. A worker was cleaning the floor with a dirty rag in dirty water. She wiped her hands on her apron and started to prepare my meal. She should have washed her hands with soap. There weren't many restaurants near the hostel.

Hello, thank you very much for your comments, thank you very much for your advice, the hostel will be strictly supervision, to prevent such a thing happen, really is very sorry, once again thank you, I wish you a pleasant journey