Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Reviews

92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, Kunming, China

Nice hostel. Staff could have been a little more knowledgable and friendly but not too bad. Door a little hard to spot, it's up a side street. Rooms very clean and bathroom great. Awesome shower!

• 28th Jun 2015

Dear, Thank you for you stay in our hostel. just enjoy your trip .And best wishes from all of our hostel . We hope see you again. UPLAND YHA

This hostel is very good.There are many flowers in front of the reception,it's beautiful.The staff is very nice and friendly.I like to stay here,and I had a nice day here.

• 26th Jun 2015

This hostel is perfect.I like their bar,the music is pretty good.

• 26th Jun 2015

This hostel is very nice.The staff is courteous, and their food is very delicious.In short, every thing is very good,and I'm glad to stay here for one night in my journey.

• China

This hostel is very good.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • North Korea

Super nice hostel with a great location to the beautiful Green Lake Park and a really nice atmosphere at the hostel. You really want to spend the evenings here because you get to meet so many great people. A really nice one!

The atmosphere in the bar was great, really loved it! Wifi a bit dodgey though...

The hostel was pretty good overall, especially for the atmosphere. It's a bit far from everything, like the airport and bus stations, but Kunming is a pretty big city so it comes with the territory. The staff was incredibly unfriendly and unhelpful. We had to pry information out of them as they had their faces glued to their phones, and not once did we see them smile. Security-wise, the only negative is that anyone is free to roam in and out of the luggage room. Nevertheless, we still recommend.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. We'll work on smiling : ) ... and pay a bit more attention next time. We usually accompany people into the luggage room. I fear the day you used it we may have been short on staff and trusted you, or someone else to only take their own bags, but I assure you these are very unusual circumstances. So far nobody has lost any luggage from the luggage room. Sorry for any inconvenience. UPLAND

The 16-bed dorm was really clean and atmospheric. The entire aesthetic is really nice at this place and it has a really good common space. My main complain is that the staff was not terribly friendly or helpful during my stay. I've found most staff members at other Chinese hostels to be excellent, so maybe my previous experiences have just set the bar really high.

Had two of the best nights here at the upland. Such a great vibe with a good mix of both foreigners and Chinese tourists making it a great social experience. The location was great, quite with local shops very close and only a 10-20 minute walk away from the main attractions in the city. Definitely worth the money as well.

I stayed in the hostel for a night when I arrived in Kunming, and then 2 nights when I returned from Dali and Lijiang. The hostel was in a good location, just a 2-min walk to the lake, and 15-min walk to wenlin street where the cafes/ eateries are. The hostel is next to the green lake hotel - if you need to tell the cab driver/ navigate, you can always use the hotel as a reference point. The rooms were simple but has everything you need. The upland bar/ cafe was nice place to chill out!

• 30th May 2015
  • Singapore

Beyond checking you in the staff at the front desk really couldn't care less about helping you. All the hire bikes are currently broken and not available for hire but they still keep the signs up. The bar staff are really nice and try hard and make good food. The hostel rooms, etc are good. The cleaners do a good job keeping on top of things.

HLLEO: Thank you for you advice We will improve as soon as possible, We try our best to offer the nicer place for the guests stay in. Welcome to back here again if you have free time . UPLAND YHA

Good but very noisy

Loved our stay at Upland Kunming! Awesome hostel with great facilities and comfy beds. Great common room with free pool table and a nice outside area to relax. Would definitely stay here again if I were to come back :)

Clean and cozy

• 3rd May 2015

Good hotel, lack of food shop around , a bit far from the train station : 40/50mins walk with backpack.

Great location, just outside Cui hu. Offers car booking for stone forest. Dorm rooms/bathrooms were acceptable and clean. Good common area. Most staff were friendly.

Nice hostel, in a good area for the Green Lake and lots of places to eat. Quite far from the bus stations, but pretty easy to get to. Bar staff were lovely. Reception staff were pretty arrogant and unwelcoming. It felt like I was bothering them by asking questions. However, beds are comfy, dorms have lockers and space. You could do a lot worse!

Stopped by for a night in Kunming and this hostel was a great choice. Amazing relaxing atmosphere that's hard to find in China.

nice hostel with a cosy feel and many areas to relax and spacious rooms. would stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3