9.2
Superb 1,197 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 1,197 Total Reviews
Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Located at 92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, , Kunming.
China
Kunming 650031 92 Hua Shan Xi Lu
92% 1197
25.0475321 102.7079737
    Rooms available

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2016
7.7

quiet nice. room was clean and condition was very good. They provide VPN wifi, one of the most important advantage of staying this hostel. However, my room was in high floor, it was a little inconveinient to go down stair to get some food or ask about transportation. Also the hostel was far from the bus terminal, train station, and airport bus stop, it was a little hard to get to this hostel. Anyway, overall condition was good.

• Singapore, Couple, 18-24
17th Sep 2016

Very good value for money! Clean and in good location!

• USA, Female, 31-40
8th Sep 2016
7.4

Pros: Hostel location was easy to find. I thought the staff (front desk especially) was very helpful. My single room was not available so they upgraded my room to a double. Cons: I saw a roach on the door as I first walked in- not the best impression. The bathroom had an odd smell and could use a total remodel.

Hello! Thank you to our hostel reviews, for your prior experience. I'm really sorry, because of the climate in Yunnan and we have a lot of garden plants, so there will be insects, when aunt was cleaning the room will pay special attention to, look forward to your next visit! I wish you a pleasant journey!

29th Aug 2016

This place was nice and clean and the bathrooms were very nice. It is right next to a nice park and places to eat. It is down the side road and not on the main road like I originally believed. The staff were friendly and helped book a bus ticket and had a service to go to the airport, 150 kuai flat fee but you could get up to six people in the car so it wouldn't have been too bad had there been more people. There were a few stairs to climb though so keep that in mind.

• Luxembourg, Male, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

great place, friendly stuff, clean rooms

Hello, thank you very much for your comments on our hotel, looking forward to your next visit

25th Aug 2016
7.7

Great staff, cool atmosphere. Just a couple things: - No air conditioning. Was there in August, doesn't get too hot there but, it's still uncomfortable to sleep. Private rooms had weak fans, and the one dorm I stayed in had no fans. - All 3 rooms that I saw (2 private, 1 dorm) had mold problems on the walls. Great beer selection!

• USA, Male, 41+
14th Aug 2016

I am not too picky about hostels. They are just a place to sleep after I explore whatever city I am staying in. After a slightly bad experience with one of the staff over paying or not paying for something, I didn't really hang out in their bar (which is very nice), but chose to eat out on the town. I also don't really like paying high prices for beer and prefer to drink on the street where you can have a better time interacting with locals. The room I stayed in was very nice.

Hello, thank you very much for your comments to our hostel, look forward to your next time, I wish you a pleasant journey

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

Really great hostel. Restaurant / bar which served both western and Chinese food also good value. No complaints.

Hello, thank you very much for your comments to our hostel, the bar will organize some activities every day, look forward to your next time, I wish you a pleasant journey

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2016

Huge hostel, really well organized, clean, with a really nice bar, can only recommend!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
9th Aug 2016

Very good hostel, very well located close to Green Lake Park and the Temple. We were in the 16-bed dorm the first night, but people were unrespectfully noisy so we changed to a double room which was perfect. The staff was nice too, we would definitely go back there.

Hello, thank you very much for your comments, we look forward to your next visit! I wish you a pleasant journey