Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Reviews

92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, Kunming, China

the staff is really good.enjoy everything in upland.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Macau

Dear, Thank you for you stay in our hostel. just enjoy your trip .And best wishes from all of our hostel . We hope see you again. UPLAND YHA

The staff was helpful in booking tickets and making sure we got to the correct bus station, however, the bus tickets we bought through the hostel (from Kunming to Guilin) caused issue at the bus station and ended up dropping us on a highway outside of Guilin with no warning to us. Just be careful about your tickets and good luck. I don't hold any ill will towards the staff, but I am pretty unhappy with what transpired. The atmosphere was fantastic and really friendly. Good food and location.

The staff are a little unenthusiastic.. But for those who've experienced China you'll know that's not uncommon, the trick is to ask the night receptionist; she was lovely. This place is not the cheapest of the budget range around the area but it's atmosphere was great and the location was perfect. Green Lake and City centre less than five minute walk in either direction. If your planning tours: don't rely on them, they'll point you towards a board with none informative 'information'

ok hostel Nothing to complain about but also nothing special

Big comfy beds and big lockers, the room (dorm) was very spacious too, the bar and lounge area are great! The ladies at reception aren't very friendly or helpfu though, ask for directions a couple of times and they looked like I was bothering them... hello, that's your job!!

Dear : I'm so very sorry about this,And Thank you for giving us this valuable advice. We will train our staff more. And improve our staff service level. Sorry again for all this trouble that we gave you. Have a nice trip! Upland YHA

Overall, a decent choice for a hostel in kunming. Stayed only one night in an 8 person dorm.

Good hostel with a great location. Just a few minutes of walking and you're in the Green Lake Park. The people are friendly and helpfull. Toobaf that at the time I was there, there was a waterproblem(sometimes no water at all to even flush the toilet). Nonetheless the hostel still is a good place to be.

HELLO : Thank you for you stay our hostel,Thank you to our understanding of the water shortage Now water come 24hours. have you nice tirp! UPLAND YHA

There was a lack of water supply. This was attributed to a drought in Yunnan, yet everywhere else we stayed and frequented in Yunnan didn't suffer from such a water shortage.

hello: thank you for you stay oyr hostel .I'm so sorry about this,Because we are the cause of the high terrain. Combined with the drought in yunnan,Cause we can only supply water period of time, But now the water supply is 24 hours。I'm So So Sorry。 UplandYHA

the hostel is great! clean rooms with big lockers, not too noisy, big bar/cafe area with inside and outside seating. great location right next to green lake and yuantong temple!

The girl at the reception were very helpful, and nice bar. Will go back for d next time for sure!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • China

The facilities are nice, with a common area with a bar. The staff are helpful, but I often felt like I was second priority behind whatever administrative work they always were doing. The food was good, but service was sometimes a bit slow. They forgot about my breakfast one time, but then remembered and gave me a free banana for my troubles. If you are just looking for a clean place with a bed, and/or want to meet some people to travel to other places in Yunnan, this is a good starting point

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in China. Great bar & restaurant as a common area to hang out. They provide great directions and tips on getting around to places in Kunming, but it'd be nice if they also provided some print outs with these directions or maps to take with you when you go out.

Dear : Thank you for you stay in our hostel. Hepo see you again. Just enjoy your trip and best wishes from all of our staff. UPLAND YHA

great place. Thanks for the stay

• 12th Jun 2014

This place is great, you can meet people and it's close to everything. you can go everywhere walking and all the bars and restaurants are very close. Stuff was really helpful and could speak english!

Of the 3 hostels we stayed in Kunming this was the best. Don't get me started on Hump Hostel, what a hole! We had a private room and it was a bit expensive, but likely worth it. Huge rooms, lots of windows, good shower, etc. Of the 2 days we stayed here, 1 day we had basically no wifi. The second day, however, the internet was actually really good. If I go back to Kunming, I'll stay here.

Dear Thank you for you stay in our hostel. Hepo see you again. Just enjoy your trip and best wishes from all of our staff. UPLAND YHA

I was only there for a couple of nights, but everything was clean and working. No air con in the rooms. Staff was really helpful, even when I checked-in at two in the morning and they were able to help me buy a bus ticket to go to Xinjie in the south of Yunnan. I would definitely consider going back there!!

Dear Thanks for staying in our hostel. We hope you have pleasant here. Take care we hope see you again. UPLAND YHA

A well located hostel with a great atmosphere and helpful staff in reception. The only downside was slightly uninterested bar/restaurant staff.

Staff is nice. Spacious bathroom. Too warm in the room though (no fan nor air-con). No shops nor restaurants close by but a short taxi ride would take you to the pedestrian street with a lot of eateries.

Nice and large communal/bar area including garden. 24h reception, which isn't the case in many Yunnan hostels. Staff spoke pretty good English.

This hostel is excellent. The rooms are great. Staff is helpful and speaks English very well. It's near lovely Green Lake and some good bus routes. The bar and garden areas are fun to hang out in. There's good wifi, laundry, pool, movies, etc.