Kunming Upland International Youth Hostel Reviews

92 Hua Shan Xi Lu, Kunming, China

This hostel is very good,I felt comfortable when I stayed here.The staff of reception are very helpful,they called a taxi for me to make me didn't miss my flight,I was appreciate.If I come Kunming next time,I will chose to stay here again.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • China

Dear, Thank you for you stay in our hostel. just enjoy your trip .And best wishes from all of our hostel . We hope see you again. UPLAND YHA

Right next to Greenlake Park, great food, decent drinks, and an awesome atmosphere. There is a nice outdoor area, with a relaxing pond. They have a movie night too, good music, and a pool table. The rooms were nicely furnished, had good views of the town, and instant hot water.

HELLO: Thank you for you stay in our hostel. Hepo see you again. Just enjoy your trip and best wishes from all of our staff. UPLAND YHA

This hostel was set up perfectly to be a great hang out place, whether lounging outside reading, playing pool or table tennis. Beautiful interior with tree shaded areas and garden. Receptionists speak English well, service is brisk and not so warm but they answer your questions and get what you need. The environment is great and beautiful but the actual dorm provided bare minimum. Lighting was very dark. Food is okay but good portion sizes.

hello: Thank you for you stay in our hostel. Hepo see you again. Just enjoy your trip and best wishes from all of our staff. UPLAND YHA

Nice food and 24 hour check in. In calm and quiet area of city

It's really very good.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Staff weren't friendly at all. Also, they weren't very willing to help when you ask them questions.

HELLO: Thank you for you advice We will improve as soon as possible, We try our best to offer the nicer place for the guests stay in. Welcome to back here again if you have free time . UPLAND YHA

This hostel is good.The location is in the center of Kunming city,it' very close to Cuihu Lake.The atmosphere of this hostel is very good,the flowers on dining-table make guest warmful.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Every thing is good,I'm glad to stay here.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • China

The hostel facilities are very nice, albeit a bit from downtown kunming, The staff was very unengaged and didn't seem to want to help.

Great hostel - the lobby area is very nicely decorated - food and drinks (especially breakfasts!) very tasty and good value for money :) the staff are all friendly and helpful - the rooms are very clean and comfortable - the ensuite is great! also when I was there they had a local food contest so I had the opportunity to try some very interesting local snacks completely free!

Really nice facilities. Comfy beds, clean modern bathrooms. Staff were extemely helpful.

Great hostel, great location, great cafe/bar! My only complaint was that the staff was not very friendly. Overall would recommend.

very nice hostel, clean, confortable, a nice bar and good food

The staff wasn't very attentive, didn't try to help much.

This hostel has great potential...but wasted! It's a shame that the staff don't seem interested in interacting with travellers & would much rather stayed glued to their smartphones! It does not cost the earth to smile occasionally. The hostel does have a cool bar area where people can meet..But, do not expect a good nights sleep if your window faces directly into the adjacent garden as people are likely to be sat here chatting/making noise way into the night! The rooms were clean & spacious

Thank you for your feedback.We feel apolpgetic for paying too much energy to stay on our smartphones but didn't give you too much help as we can do.We will do some interactions with our guests.If you book our hostel next time,we will arrange another room for you,which should be much more quiet.Thank you for your feedback again,best wishes to you from every staff in Kunming Upland Youth Hostel.Hope you have a nice day every day~

Stayed twice, well thought out place. nice to have plenty of common area in and out of the bar/restaurant, also good there was no pressure to eat or drink if you wanted to sit (but cheap beer selection too). good outdoor area under the "mountain". I preferred the big Top Mountain dorm to the ones in the modern block. Helpful sightseeing and transportation info in the reception without trying to sell you a tour. recommend :)

Pros: perfect location, great facilities Cons: OMG the staff is so rude and unprofessionnal. Ive read comments about that on TripAdvisor and thought the people were complaning for nothing, but this is a real issue. I wouldnt mind if this hostel was in an english speaking country, but in China (as a non-chinese speaker) I rey a lot on the staff to help my book my transports. Each time, every day, every staff member seem to be bother a lot when we asked questions.

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry for making you unhappy when you stay here, we will pay attention to our behaviour,and do our best to help every guest. Beside, we will learn much more knowledge to improving our professionnal level.We are really very sorry for didn't helping you too much.From now on,we will solve every requirement for every guest politely.Thank you for your feedback again.Best wishes from every staff in Kunming Upland Youth Hostel.Hope you have a nice day every day~

I traveled 28 countries and always stayed at Youth Hostels. This was by far the best ever. We were stranded a couple of days after checking out, and even though we were not paying guests anymore they let us use the facilities, the lounge, internet, bar and restaurant... and they helped us find our way to our next destinations. Rooms were first class and the patio was beautiful, it made us not even want to go outside.

Nice hostel. Staff could have been a little more knowledgable and friendly but not too bad. Door a little hard to spot, it's up a side street. Rooms very clean and bathroom great. Awesome shower!

• 28th Jun 2015

This hostel is very good.There are many flowers in front of the reception,it's beautiful.The staff is very nice and friendly.I like to stay here,and I had a nice day here.

• 26th Jun 2015