Kyoto Hana Hostel Reviews

229 Akezu-dori Street, Kogawa-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Hana could be the best choice for those backpackers or travellers in Kyoto. Perfect location, warm staffs and nice room. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Great place for seeing kyoto! Within 4 minutes walk from the main train station (kyoto station) from where you can get anywhere! Nice perk to rent bikes to ride around and pretty centrally located in the south central part of the city. Great staff and very friendly. Super clean place. Easy access. I recommend to anyone looking to see Kyoto.

Stayed three nights in winter. Generally nice enough hostel, living/dining room was a bit cramped but comfortable. Kitchen was good. Close to Kyoto Station but the city is very spread out so be prepared to walk or catch buses/subway. Staff were quiet but pleasant.

The staff are nice. Though the room is not really big , it Is clean and tidy. Only 5minutes walk from Kyoto JR station and lots of bus stops around, it's easy and convenient to go anywhere.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

I loved my stay here. They have everything you need when traveling on a budget. Very friendly and helpfull and the rooms are big and very clean.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. I loved that they stored our luggage after we checked out.

We stayed in an 8 person dorm. Everything was very clean. You have your own privacy. They don't have an elevator but we only had to go to the second flood so it wasn't bad. The train station was about a 10 minute walk. I would highly recommend!

My 15 year old sister and I joined Mr. Yano's all you can eat Takoyaki / Gyouza and we had a great time. We met so many nice people and really appreciated the hostel running that tour. Spacious dorms, decent price, clean and in a good location (close to osaka station but a bit further from Namba). would recommend to all!

Excellent cost benefit.

5 mins walk to the bus and train stations, the hostel also sells daily bus passes. Ultra convenient! Toilets were clean too.

Friendly staff, receptions a bit tight when coming and going with people taking their shoes off. Great location for access to the station and bus terminal, and within walking distance of some of the sights.

Lovely hostel, with lovely staff, in a great location. The kitchen and common area are quite small, but we never had a problem with it being too busy.

The environment and the staff are really nice~ Most of them speak in English very well.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hana Hostel is the perfect place to stay in Kyoto, it is convenient, affordable, quiet, staff is friendly :) Will come back :)

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Peru

The best hostel that I'd ever visit

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

I will live in Hana Hostel again! Very good location, only 5 mins from Kyoto station.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • China

Very clean, very close to the station, and the staff is lovely. Common room is very neat and a great hangout space, and the bathrooms/showers were immaculate. We stayed in two doubles with private bathrooms, and I think they're totally worth the extra few dollars. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Staff are absolutely fantastic and friendly. Rooms are clean and great and afford privacy through the blinds near your bed. Enough charging ports next to your bed too. Only thing is that the luggage room door and front door is not locked (although there is a lock on the doors) and it seems as if anybody can come right in to take your luggage, but I suppose the front counter staff will keep a look out so its not a big booboo.

Staffs are nice and always cheerful! Hana Hostel would be my first choice when I have chance to stay in Kyoto next time.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is the best hostel in my travel experience. The room is clean, and all the staffs are nice. The facilities are good . You will feel comfortable as you live at home. You can meet different guests from different countries. The location is excellent, very closed to Kyoto station. If I have chance to visit Kyoto, I will chose Hana Hostel as my first choice!

• 12th Dec 2014