Kyoto Hana Hostel Reviews

229 Akezu-dori Street, Kogawa-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I will live in Hana Hostel again! Very good location, only 5 mins from Kyoto station.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • China

Very clean, very close to the station, and the staff is lovely. Common room is very neat and a great hangout space, and the bathrooms/showers were immaculate. We stayed in two doubles with private bathrooms, and I think they're totally worth the extra few dollars. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Staff are absolutely fantastic and friendly. Rooms are clean and great and afford privacy through the blinds near your bed. Enough charging ports next to your bed too. Only thing is that the luggage room door and front door is not locked (although there is a lock on the doors) and it seems as if anybody can come right in to take your luggage, but I suppose the front counter staff will keep a look out so its not a big booboo.

Staffs are nice and always cheerful! Hana Hostel would be my first choice when I have chance to stay in Kyoto next time.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is the best hostel in my travel experience. The room is clean, and all the staffs are nice. The facilities are good . You will feel comfortable as you live at home. You can meet different guests from different countries. The location is excellent, very closed to Kyoto station. If I have chance to visit Kyoto, I will chose Hana Hostel as my first choice!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Great location! less than 5 minutes from Kyoto Station by walk

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

My second time staying here. I love this hostel, especially the common area/kitchen. Lovely atmosphere, nice rooms.

Totally worth a stay, would come back anytime!

Another fantastic example of a J-Hoppers affiliated hostel that provides amazing service and great facilities. Short walk from the station and tucked away enough to feel out of the way. Will definately stay again

this is the first chain hostel I have ever stayed at that not only didn't FEEL like one, but that I also want to check out in other cities (i hear their Osaka & hiroshima ones were great!). I like the curtains for the bunk beds, and how relaxed the common area was. Great value for price and it had everything I love in a hostel. No complaints. Maybe lock the luggage room during the day because that could become a security issue since it is in the hallway, but overall very safe, clean, comfy.

that's a very good deal, the bunk bed are tough and provide extra space for you own private space. common space, bathroom and toilets are immaculate clean, it feel comfy, staff is nice and available, location is excellent, there is probably no better deal in kyoto (that was my 4th time in kyoto and i whish i found it before)

My charging adaptor was spoilt & appreciate Kyoto Hana Hostel was generous with the free usage of their adaptor.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Fantastic hostel. Did get a little lost on first getting there. Once out of correct train station exit, directions clear but be careful. I followed signs for central exit but then they stop and there are three possibe ways out. I took the wrong one and ended up walking wrong way.Bus basically on door step, 500yen for day rider. Ticket can be bought at hostel. Very clean, helpful knkwledgeable staff.

I'll be back in kyoto and will stay in Hana again

Very close to the train and bus stations/stop. The facilities were great and couldn't have asked for more. I like their information bulletin telling you different events in Kyoto. They recommended to go to Fushimi Inari Shrine and being in those festivals were very memorable. Staff were helpful in all ways though I hope they would have in-hostel activities to get to know fellow travellers. Regardless, thank you for very much and would recommend this hostel to future travellers!

Good location,staffs are helpful and speak English.

No Comment

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Good location, very near to train station and shopping area.

We had a great stay at Hana Hostel Kyoto. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again! Very close to Kyoto Station too!

Great location! It's just a few steps away from Kyoto Station, so I was able to hit Arashiyama (the monkey hill area), Nijō Castle, and the Imperial Palace in the space of a day with lots of time to eat, etc.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4