Kyoto Hana Hostel Reviews

229 Akezu-no-mon Dori, Kogawa-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The location is just AWESOME. the dorms are neat and cozy, staff are helpful. Though I have encountered a small problem in the shower, its shall not be a everyday occurrence. Recommend for those who have little time in the city and plan for a quick trip and wish to spend no time wasted in the city

An excellent location and very clean. We stayed in an insuite double, and it was well worth it. Quiet at night, but easily could have walked to places to go out. Helpful staff. Great to rent bikes and check out the city. Also, a short walk and train ride from Osaka to catch a few baseball games!

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They gave good recommendations of where to go around the area. I also liked my sturdy wooden bed that didn't creak. I wish I had stayed longer with Hana Hostel.

Fantastic place, great location and amazing value

• 26th Jun 2014

good hostel, cheap, worth the money

Yoshiko is excellent and friendly. I like the hostel as it is located strategically near Kyoto Train Station and Yodobashi Camera.

Thank you for your comment :) We hope you enjoyed staying with us. We will tell Yoshi about you! As you mentioned, we are located near Kyoto Station, so it is convenient to take public transport and shopping, We hope we will see you next time! Arigatou-gozaimasu!

It's really a impressive place.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place and first impression in My Kyoto trip :)

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hostel, location is walking distance from the train station, staff had very good english and were extremely helpful.I would stay here again

This is really good place for stay.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel is clean and the staffs are friendly. Its position is also close to kyoto station so its really easy to get to other places.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

The rooms and corridors on the third floor felt warm in the end of May, the ones on the lower floors felt cooler which is much appreciated in the hot days and the AC usage limitations (min cooling temp of 28 C).

Very helpful stuff who spoke excellent english. Conveniently located near Kyoto station and bus terminal, as well as Yodobashi and convenience stores nearby. The bathroom and place was nice and clean. Loved the tatami floor and bed. Purchased a one day bus pass from the hostel as well.

Good clean hostel, set up of the bunks with curtins and draws was great. Staff were helpful, just no real atmosphere in the place or real effort/events to bring guest together. Still a. perfectly acceptable hostel.

This is a very good hostel. Even I have forgot to take my card-reader to Japan, i can still borrow it my staff of hostel. Good experience. I met very nice staff there. However if it could provide some place for backpacker to dry their clothes, it would be better.

Thank you for your comment. You can borrow some stuffs such as card readers, an iron, and travel guide books etc at the reception. We were pleased to help you indeed. We are a small guest house, so it may be too small to set up the place to dry clothes, but we have 2 drying machines in the laundry area. We hope you enjoyed staying with us and we will see you next time! Arigatou-gozaimasu!

Very good for backpacker, and we can save our money for accomodation, also the location is very good in kyoto, near with kyoto station, restaurant, department store, and we can easy to go everywhere arround kyoto

Maybe,the common room can be bigger because it cannot be allowed more tenant in there thx

• 22nd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

this hostel is close from JR Kyoto, only 5-10 minutes walk. The room is clean, i really like the blanket, it's really warm. absolutely will stay at this hostel again if going to japan.

• 19th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very clean and well located hostel, big beds! Just missing a little atmosphere and activities for the guests, it would have been nice to have a tour organized or something like that.

The staff was very nice and helpful which made us enjoyed our stay there. The facilities were clean.

• 18th May 2014