Kyoto Hana Hostel Reviews

229 Akezu-no-mon Dori, Kogawa-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Had an awesome stay at the Hana Hostel. It is located so close to Kyoto station, so convenient! However, it is quite a walk to the more downtown areas where all the restaurants and bars are. But the hostel is awesome, So clean and accommodating. And the staff is so nice, so very helpful! If you stay at least three nights, you can get a free day of bike rental. Do it!

• 8th Sep 2014

We had a great stay at Kyoto Hana Hostel. The staff was very nice and the location was excellent (a really short walk from Kyoto Station and close to Shosei-en garden of Higashi-Hongan-ji, which we absolutely loved). The double Japanese style room was very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

I felt very much at home here :) if I ever stay in Kyoto again, I'll definitely check this place again.

This hostel became a second home. I really was sad when I had to leave. Thank you so much!

• 31st Aug 2014

Kyoto Hana hostel is really a great place for travelers to stay in Kyoto. The staffs are nice and kind, and it located just right outside Kyoto station and it's so easy to find! I like how they have a vending machine just right infront of the front door for me to have my morning coffee every day!

Staffs are nice and helpful. I will stay here again when I go to Kyoto.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best hotel in Tokyo. Super clean. Great staff and confortable common areas. Would recommend to anyone visiting the city.

It's quite difficult for me to dry my clothes... Or there is nowhere for me to dry my wet stuffs...

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Macau

Thank you very much for your comment. We have a laundry area where all the guests can use a washing machine and 2 driers in our hostel. If you can not use the drier to dry delicate clothes, please tell us and we will suggest some option to you to dry delicate stuffs next time. We will improve some points of the notice for our guests in the laundry area. Thank you.

Great staff and walkable to most attractions, would stay here again

Perfect location if you need to be near to Kyoto station. Really friendly staff, extremely clean bedrooms and bathrooms, lovely common area downstairs with a well-equipped kitchen and free tea! Perfect!

Very good location, and friendly staff. Good choice for your stay in Kyoto.

I only spent one night, so the location relative to the train station made this hostel great for me. The staff was very helpful and polite, and the lounge was cozy. I'll probably stay here a second time (and for longer) if I ever visit Tokyo again.

Hello, we had a great time in Kyoto Hanna Hostel. We would like to thank everybody that helped us. The staff is so nice, the place was great for us! And also we would like send our feed back to the staff. About the room we stayed, the curtain doesn't work for that window, it is too small, and the light pass through the corners of the window. That's the only bad thing we had to deal. Regards, Dani :D

• 30th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comment! We hope you had many precious memories during your stay in Kyoto. As for your feedback, thank you for telling us about the size of the curtain. We will check and change the curtain in your room to improve the facility for all our guests. Your comment is helpful. Thank you so much. We hope we will see you next time. Arigatou-gozaimasu!

Great hostel close to the main JR train station with good facilities.

Fantastic hostel. The staff were amazing and always helpful and friendly. The room was great - very spacious and clean. The location is fantastic with great public transport links and is very close to Kyoto station (JR) suitable for day trips. The facilities (kitchen, fridges, washing machines etc) were also great to have though there were lots of local restaurants nearby etc.

We loved this hostel, great location - about 5 minute walk from the JR Kyoto Station. You can literally travel anywhere by bus around Kyoto from here for 500 Yen (all day bus pass) which you can buy at the hostel. The hostel is super clean, the 6 bed dorms have lots of room unlike other hostels we've stayed in with a curtain for privacy. Common room is good to meet people and socialize and the staff are always ready to lend their advice.

The location is just AWESOME. the dorms are neat and cozy, staff are helpful. Though I have encountered a small problem in the shower, its shall not be a everyday occurrence. Recommend for those who have little time in the city and plan for a quick trip and wish to spend no time wasted in the city

An excellent location and very clean. We stayed in an insuite double, and it was well worth it. Quiet at night, but easily could have walked to places to go out. Helpful staff. Great to rent bikes and check out the city. Also, a short walk and train ride from Osaka to catch a few baseball games!

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They gave good recommendations of where to go around the area. I also liked my sturdy wooden bed that didn't creak. I wish I had stayed longer with Hana Hostel.

Fantastic place, great location and amazing value

• 26th Jun 2014