Kyoto Hana Hostel Reviews

229 Akezu-dori Street, Kogawa-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The best experience I have had in all Japan. It's beyond any word to describe the wonderful hostel. You must come and stay by yourself.

Really great place to stay, location was perfect,facilities were clean.highly recommended

• 20th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

First off, the WiFi was terrible. Secondly, the showers had some ghetto pump system and the water was barely hot. Third, and maybe this was just our room, the heater was barely working and we were freezing half the time. The staff were pretty cool though.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at, staff were extremely helpful. They ask what you're doing for the day, and give their best advice on where else to visit too. Common room was lively, and the cooking/hot drink facilities were great as well. Only 5 minute walk to Kyoto Station. My only gripe would be is that the beds were pretty uncomfortable, other than that a great experience. Would stay there again no question.

had a very warm and nice stay. nice staff, excellent location, very clean.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Not what you expect from a hostel. Pristine, safe, and plenty of room. I had one of my best sleeps in Japan here! Thank you for the hospitality

• 2nd Jan 2016

We had a great time! Thank you!

I spent 5 nights at Hana Hostel and I really enjoyed staying there. The hostel is 7 minutes walking from the central station and you'll find many facilities. The kitchen is huge and then you can share favourite recipes with others; and there are all you need for you accommodation. Very gentle Stuff who speak a very good English, and a map where you can see transport recommendations to most touristic places... and good places were to eat (;

• 28th Dec 2015

Staff are very good. clean and cozy

This was my second time going to the hostel so I loved the service they provided me the first time and the second time was excellent as well.

The private room is nice and clean. But, the mixed dormitory is not convenient for old people. The ventilation is not good. Then, the room is smelly.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great place to stay. Staff are friendly with decent English skill. Fellow roommates were nice. Recommended to stay again.

What's great about this hostel is the location; its close proximity to Kyoto Station. Eateries, convenient stores, malls are all close by. There is also Kyoto Tower and Kyoto post office in the neighbourhood. Just follow the direction on the map provided by the hostel website and and you will find your way.

As usual with this hostel, the service and the place is the best.

It was pretty good, but no curtains for the hostel bed which is fairly widespread in Japan. Good wifi, outlets. Decent atmosphere I guess. Otherwise it was decent, but low on the list compared to other hostels I stayed at in Japan.

The hostel is in a good location, less than a 5 minute walk away from Kyoto station and a bunch of restaurants. I wouldn't call it a typical 'backpacker' hostel and probably not the best place to go if you're looking to meet new people and chat into the night, more like a hostel/hotel which is good for some. The dorm room was fine but not very big, not a lot of space for luggage so you might find yourself climbing over suitcases to get out. The staff are very friendly and happy to help.

Hostel was close to train station and good for one nights stay. Bed and bedding was comfortable. Bathroom downstairs has no door and faces kitchen- it was weird having people watch me brush my teeth. Some privacy screens would do wonders for the place. Bike hire and laundry avail and very generous bag storage.

We stayed in a Double Bed Private. Tatami/futon resulted more confortable than expected. The hostel is close to Kyoto station, which is a transportation hub, so handy for visiting different parts of the city.

Meet many new friends in this hostel Staffs are friendly and helpful

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had a great time in this place, felt my home for three days and night. Nice and clean, and very helpfull staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4